• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Don't worry, you are ok to use the I-864. Both are acceptable form of proving your financial .....

We thank God for your life Ammeck09. You have brought some new breeze into this house. We pray and hope you get a job soon. God is in your life and shall see you through. A big beep to the rest of your family.

I got my welcoming letter yesterday (exactly 3 weeks of my arrival). I also bought a car on the same day. I'm now trying it out to see if it will ran very well, otherwise I've to return it because it's very costly.

It seems everything is happening for me on Tuesdays so I guess I may receive my Green Card next Tuesday or before. Now everything is set for me to look for employment. Will update the forum once my internet is set up tomorrow.

Bro, congrats. All that i can say to you is contiune to worship the Most High. He's with u forever. Peace! Benniit

I got my welcoming letter yesterday (exactly 3 weeks of my arrival). I also bought a car on the same day. I'm now trying it out to see if it will ran very well, otherwise I've to return it because it's very costly.

It seems everything is happening for me on Tuesdays so I guess I may receive my Green Card next Tuesday or before. Now everything is set for me to look for employment. Will update the forum once my internet is set up tomorrow.

ammeck, we thank the Almighty Father your life and that of your families and hope to see even greater things coming your way.
i will like to know if i being a student Teacher and using "College with no degree" as my educational status for filling the form, do i need to start gathering records such as B.E.C.E , SSSCE certificates or i should just go for my Teacher Training College Certificate when the time comes for my interview?

It depends on what car you are looking for. For my family size I went for a mini van and that cost my around $5,000. This is the cost of the car at the auction plus I've to pay auction fees, the dealer fees, engine inspection, temporary registration number, insurance for one month costing $1,000. In addition I've to take the car for state inspection costing $60 plus vehicle registration estimating to be $400-$500. Then pay monthly insurance of about $100.

My car is 2006 make with less millage (about 40,000) that is why the cost. But I realised later that I could have got a similar make (2000-2003) for less than half the price I bout mine. You could get some for about $1000 or less at the public auction. Yesterday there were very good cars at the auction which went for $750. So basically every thing depends on what you are looking for.
Hi Ammeck congratulations,good to know you,re making such progress.May God continue to order your steps.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I will strive to achieve the best for my family and I. I wish everyone here also to acheive their long-cherished dreams.

ammeck, we thank the Almighty Father your life and that of your families and hope to see even greater things coming your way.
i will like to know if i being a student Teacher and using "College with no degree" as my educational status for filling the form, do i need to start gathering records such as B.E.C.E , SSSCE certificates or i should just go for my Teacher Training College Certificate when the time comes for my interview?

The important thing is to have your SSSCE certificate with you - that is the minimum qualification for the dv lottery. There is no need to go with BECE, and about the Teacher Training College Certificate, don't worry about it if it's not ready before you go for the interview. If they ask you about it just explain to them that it's not ready.

I spoke recently to Alexee and realised we don't live that far from each other.

I will like most of us to link up when we get to Obamaland.

This is the power of a car, with it I can move up and down to the library nearby to contribute to the forum. I think from now on I will be more online to check the forum.

Hi DonKay, when are you moving and where will you be going?

Hi Ammeck,
Your progress in the US has been outstanding so far. Do keep it up. I intend moving in February and will be in Ohio or Maryland. I will have to go back to Ghana and muster the courage to resign from work. Then I'll come back to the UK and move with the family. Lets know what jobs we can land quickly in the immediate term

@Alexee, hope everything is going on smoothly. Stay blessed.

It depends on what car you are looking for. For my family size I went for a mini van and that cost my around $5,000. This is the cost of the car at the auction plus I've to pay auction fees, the dealer fees, engine inspection, temporary registration number, insurance for one month costing $1,000. In addition I've to take the car for state inspection costing $60 plus vehicle registration estimating to be $400-$500. Then pay monthly insurance of about $100.

My car is 2006 make with less millage (about 40,000) that is why the cost. But I realised later that I could have got a similar make (2000-2003) for less than half the price I bout mine. You could get some for about $1000 or less at the public auction. Yesterday there were very good cars at the auction which went for $750. So basically every thing depends on what you are looking for.

ammeck,

i quite appreciate the wonderful thing you are doing here, this information is very valuable to me. Most of our active member have gone to the states, after that we don't get to hear much from them.

Honestly you don't know how i appreciate this piece of information you are sharing with us.

We are family of five, is like i will need something like that but maybe 2002 model. However let me arrive first. Please keep it up.

I have already contacted about 3 apartment companies in Houston through Apartment.com, they are expecting us in October for inspection. I am looking at the range of $700 - $800/months including water, electricity and trash for a 2 bed room apartment. Houses are generally cheap in Houston and its suburbs. I am planning to live in Cypress.

One love

Hi Ammeck,
Your progress in the US has been outstanding so far. Do keep it up. I intend moving in February and will be in Ohio or Maryland. I will have to go back to Ghana and muster the courage to resign from work. Then I'll come back to the UK and move with the family. Lets know what jobs we can land quickly in the immediate term

Hi bro,

So far so good, our lord has been faithfull. My wife got her social security card on the 17th of this month and I'm still waiting for mine. Without that you virtually cannot do anything.

Guys, i don't know any other part of this country but one really needs a car to move around. Ammeck bravo for getting one. I'll follow your footsteps very soon.

ammeck,

i quite appreciate the wonderful thing you are doing here, this information is very valuable to me. Most of our active member have gone to the states, after that we don't get to hear much from them.

Honestly you don't know how i appreciate this piece of information you are sharing with us.

We are family of five, is like i will need something like that but maybe 2002 model. However let me arrive first. Please keep it up.

I have already contacted about 3 apartment companies in Houston through Apartment.com, they are expecting us in October for inspection. I am looking at the range of $700 - $800/months including water, electricity and trash for a 2 bed room apartment. Houses are generally cheap in Houston and its suburbs. I am planning to live in Cypress.

One love

Bro,

We are waiting for you, just make sure that you prepare very well before you come.

ammeck,

One love

$700-800 per month for a 2 bedroom apartment is definitely cheap. We pay double that in Los Angeles for a 2 bedroom/1.5 bathroom. I used apartments.com too, but I was also a bit familiar with the particular area I was looking at as I'd been there before years back.

All the best with everything

Hi Ammeck,

Ok, I will update the forum of my progress and any important information for our benefit.