• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

I do not think you hav to worry yourself over this issue. The A-number on the visa does not begin with an A. I'm sure the immigration officers know this judging from the type of visa you hold. Mine does not begin with an A as well.

thx man,, im at peace now

Hi DonKay,thanks once again and congratulation on receiving your parcel with the visas. But one more thing, what is sponcer's letter from employee. Please explain.God bless you and family.

Hi DonKay,thanks once again and congratulation on receiving your parcel with the visas. But one more thing, what is sponcer's letter from employee. Please explain.God bless you and family.

In organising my docs I requested my sponsor to get a letter from her employees stating that she works with them, for how long she has been with them, whether she was full time and her wage rate. This was done in case they requested for it. And lo and behold the gentleman checking the docs asked for it. I had it and so I gave it to them. Actually the man said If I had them it will make my case stronger so I presume it is not a requirement though if you have it it is good. If you can get your sponsor to send the I-134, tax returns, bank statement, evidence of mortgage and letter from employee, that will be fine. But it is onthe I-134 and tax returns which are required. You can keep the others when going for interview and when they specifically ask for it, give to them. cheers.

Oh sorry, did I say letter from employees. It should read letter from employers.

Well guys, this is the best time for me to give my traveling experience and observation so far in the US.

As most of you are aware, I left the UK on 31 August by Virgin Atlantic. The journey was smooth except the baggage restrictions which was a problem (restriction is 1 piece of baggage and the maximum weigth is 23kgs, hand luggage is 6kgs). Our plane took of exactly 1pm UK time and by seven and half hours we were in the US. A relative met us at the airport and took us home. We stayed in his apartment for two weeks when my own application for an apartment was approved. We moved in last week and so far everything is moving alright.

Guys you need to prepare well before coming here especially if you are moving with your family. If you have someone who is prepared to accomodate you for sometime until you get work before moving then you will be fine. You need a car before you can move around here and without it and internet your stay here will be difficult.

ammeck,

thanks for the information, i was thinking that with out a credit scores one will not be able have an apartment to rent, accept your host comes to your rescue. is that true?. How did you do it. I would love to move as quickly as possible to our own apartment.

One love.

My sponsor just sent me affidavit of support form and all the necessary attachments (tax returns, bank statement, photocopies of GC and DL). But instead of filling form I-134, he rather sent me a filled I-864. He argued that it is the right one. Can someone please verify for me if this is acceptable?

My sponsor just sent me affidavit of support form and all the necessary attachments (tax returns, bank statement, photocopies of GC and DL). But instead of filling form I-134, he rather sent me a filled I-864. He argued that it is the right one. Can someone please verify for me if this is acceptable?

Getting the form I-134 is free so tell your sponsor that he should just add it in order to make your apllication stronger There is nothing to lose by adding it. If it is not requested then you will not submit it. But you will have months to wait if you were to be put under AP because of this. There is no point arguing which is right or wrong, just beg him to get I-134 as an addition. When you have it submit that one instead of the I-864.

Getting the form I-134 is free so tell your sponsor that he should just add it in order to make your apllication stronger There is nothing to lose by adding it. If it is not requested then you will not submit it. But you will have months to wait if you were to be put under AP because of this. There is no point arguing which is right or wrong, just beg him to get I-134 as an addition. When you have it submit that one instead of the I-864.

You are right DonKay. I have asked him to do exactly that. Were you asked for the AOS when you attended your interview?

You are right DonKay. I have asked him to do exactly that. Were you asked for the AOS when you attended your interview?

Yes I was asked evidence of support. I sumitted I-134, tax returns, letter from employers. This was in London anyway.

Ammeck how were u able to rent an apartment so soon??? pls let me kno

It wasn't easy! The apartment company was demanding so many things, but eventually I've to look for someone to give me a job offer letter together with my visa (with the endorsement in it) and the completing of an application form and the payment of a processing fee, and the eventual credit report approval to secure the apartment.

Hi guys
I want to take this opportunity to congratulate all that have seen God's favour in the entire DV process. And those yet to be interviewed I wish you success.

I just have one quiz, is it possible to open a bank account in US before getting social security card or green card?

I found out that it's easy to open a bank account with Bank of America but you need to be present yourself. You also need to present your passport and any other identification.

I got my welcoming letter yesterday (exactly 3 weeks of my arrival). I also bought a car on the same day. I'm now trying it out to see if it will ran very well, otherwise I've to return it because it's very costly.

It seems everything is happening for me on Tuesdays so I guess I may receive my Green Card next Tuesday or before. Now everything is set for me to look for employment. Will update the forum once my internet is set up tomorrow.

Thank God everything is going on well with you bro.All the best and hope you get your GC next Tuesday.
I got my welcoming letter yesterday (exactly 3 weeks of my arrival). I also bought a car on the same day. I'm now trying it out to see if it will ran very well, otherwise I've to return it because it's very costly.

It seems everything is happening for me on Tuesdays so I guess I may receive my Green Card next Tuesday or before. Now everything is set for me to look for employment. Will update the forum once my internet is set up tomorrow.

Oh noooo,

Congratulations, what is the cost of a good car in the states.

ammeck,

thanks for the information, i was thinking that with out a credit scores one will not be able have an apartment to rent, accept your host comes to your rescue. is that true?. How did you do it. I would love to move as quickly as possible to our own apartment.

One love.

Well I've explained how I went about it in one of my earlier post today. For me, I had to try and find my own place owing to the number of my family. My host was fine with us but I didn't want to spoil the good relationship between us (which is likely to happen once I live there for a long time).

They will check your credit score in order to rent you a house. In my case I've to provide employment letter to secure it. Even with the employment letter and the approval from the credit rating services you need to pay a high deposit since you will not get any score.

Currently I'm paying $920 per month for a two bedroom (including water), then I've to pay bills such as electricity and gas as well as cable TV, internet and phone.

In the Maryland state public transportation is very bad, there are no regular public transport and even where they ran the catchment area is very small. Where I currently live I've to walk for about 25 or more minutes to catch a bus. When I miss a bus I may have to wait for an hour to get another one. There may be some areas where I may like to go but there are no public transport operating on those areas or roads. You need to live in the main surburb of the city in order to walk around to look for employment.

Oh noooo,

Congratulations, what is the cost of a good car in the states.

It depends on what car you are looking for. For my family size I went for a mini van and that cost my around $5,000. This is the cost of the car at the auction plus I've to pay auction fees, the dealer fees, engine inspection, temporary registration number, insurance for one month costing $1,000. In addition I've to take the car for state inspection costing $60 plus vehicle registration estimating to be $400-$500. Then pay monthly insurance of about $100.

My car is 2006 make with less millage (about 40,000) that is why the cost. But I realised later that I could have got a similar make (2000-2003) for less than half the price I bout mine. You could get some for about $1000 or less at the public auction. Yesterday there were very good cars at the auction which went for $750. So basically every thing depends on what you are looking for.

Don't worry, you are ok to use the I-864. Both are acceptable form of proving your financial .....

Hi Bro,

This is good news, from what i have seen so far one really needs a car to move around or even look for employment. This is a step in the right direction, regards to the family.