• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

[qU=computek09;2154776]As Americanbound said, collection of visa is the easiest process of all. Of about 70 people in the embassy I was the sixth person to be called for my visa at exactly 8:50am. To God Be The Glory!!! Good luck to every one esp. Alexee for the D-day next week. Alexee GO, GO, GO,GO Get am.
To God Be The Glory[/QUOTE]

Hi computek09,
Congratulations my bro. Make you no worry for i dey go grab am in Jesus name.

Hello,

To naaa, ammeck09, computeck09 and americanbound. Thank your guys for your words of encourangement and prayers, i know my story will not be different from other winners of this thread. For the documentation all is set and ready and i'm just waiting patiently for the D-day.

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them (the consulate officials), for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” “The power of God is with you at all times; through the activities of the mind, senses, breathing, and emotions; and is constantly doing all the work using you as a mere instrument.”

On Tuesday, I will stay close to my pc the whole day until the good news arrives, when I will put my pc aside and glorify the almighty God for the great things He has been doing in our lives.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them (the consulate officials), for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. The power of God is with you at all times; through the activities of the mind, senses, breathing, and emotions; and is constantly doing all the work using you as a mere instrument.

On Tuesday, I will stay close to my pc the whole day until the good news arrives, when I will put my pc aside and glorify the almighty God for the great things He has been doing in our lives.

Certainly ammeck09, on Tuesday you have to stay close to your pc until the good news arrive.

I think all these factors you have enumerated above also pertains in Kenya, Ethiopia and Nigeria, yet they have high visa approved rate than Ghana. I think there are some factors that have accounted for this low approval rate that has been concealed from us. Remember what happened to some 2009 winners where they were denied visas simply because they provided different addresses. What is wrong with given a different address to where you will live and another for your proposed sponsor in the U.S.?

ammeck,

That was why after reading the Ghnanian threand i had to send a mail to KCC for change of name and address as per where we shall be staying in US to correspond to the AOS name and adress from our sponsor.

ammeck,

That was why after reading the Ghnanian threand i had to send a mail to KCC for change of name and address as per where we shall be staying in US to correspond to the AOS name and adress from our sponsor.

At least you have made the attempt, it's better than not doing anything - most especially if you come from Ghana. Since you are from Nigeria, you may be not affected by this, but it's good you have taking your time to change it before an interview is schedule for you.

At least you have made the attempt, it's better than not doing anything - most especially if you come from Ghana. Since you are from Nigeria, you may be not affected by this, but it's good you have taking your time to change it before an interview is schedule for you.

ammeck,

You can not trust these people, their interview doesn't have procedure, you just have to block all lope holes.

Thank you my dear sister. Certainly we will all be shouting with joy tomorrow

To alexee357
Today be today! At the end of the day, we know victory will be yours. Be bold and courageous, give simple answers and never try to tell lies, because most of the interview officers have had training in psychology - and they could discern whether you are telling the truth.

We await your first-hand positive experience from the interview.

Hey Alexee,

We dey for u? wat dey happen? I know say everythin make fine. Remember to God B. the Glory!! Lets hear from you.

Hey Alexee,

We dey for u? wat dey happen? I know say everythin make fine. Remember to God B. the Glory!! Lets hear from you.

When guys are successful, it takes time for them to come here to break the news. I know by now he is enjoying somewhere.

Hello House,

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting and thanks for your prayers all these while, I had to rush back to the office after the interview to attend to some pressing needs.

Well I got to the Embassy around 6: 30 am and I realized there were about 30 people in the waiting area. People started coming in. And about 7: 00 am, the number has increased to about 100. At about 7: 15 am, we were told to queue by the security men. They then check our appointed letters and non immigrant visa applicant’s were asked to form a different queue.

At about 7: 30am were have passed through the first and second security check point, and we were told to sit until we are called. A Ghanaian lady called all dv applicants to window 2 for a brief counseling after which she gave us a form which indicate whether one qualifies through education or work, married or not etc. She advice us to make payment after filling the forms if we intend to be interview. If my memory serves me right, we were about 15 applicants.

Please note that if your currency of payment is USD which I will recommend since you can save some few cedis, it should be from a bank or a trusted source because they check it vividly. After payment, I was asked to come to window one to submit my documents. The following are the documents I submitted. Passport, passport picture, school certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificate, police certificate, medicals “ note that the big xray form was given back to me, they claim they don’t need it” AOS, wedding and courtship pictures and copies of email of my wife and myself.

My name was mention once again to come to window two for my finger print. All these while I witness two refusal cases, one successful and three administrative processing. At about 11: 35 am, my name was mention to come to window 5.

CO: Raise your right hand and repeat after me if you swear to tell the truth of whatever you are asked.
ME: I did accordingly.
CO: What is your email address?
ME: Blablabla
CO: You qualify through education, can you tell me about your educational background?
Me: I have BSC Admin (Accounting option) from blablabla, HND in purchasing and Supply from Blablabla and SSCE from blablabla.
CO: Impressive, did you do your thesis; if yes tell me about it?
CO: Where did you meet your wife?
ME: High school.
CO: How many years now?
ME: About fourteen years now.
CO: When did you marry?
ME: 2nd August 2008.
CO: Your marriage certificate states that you register your marriage recently why did it take you guys that long to register your marriage?
ME: As at the time of the engagement, my wife was just about travelling to London so to ensure our commitment to our relationship we decided to go ahead with the engagement before she leaves.
CO: To my wife, when did you travel to London?
WIFE: Blablabla.
CO: How long was that?
CO: Purpose of going to London?
CO: Back to husband. Did you send KCC any mail and what was the purpose?
ME: Yes I did, I sent them a mail to enquire about the receipt of my application forms and interview date.
CO: I realized that all your documents your first name is Alex but is Alexander on your SSCE certificate can you explain that.
ME: To the best of my knowledge Alex is the short form of Alexander so is the same name. Most of my friends call me Alex whilst others call me Alexander so is the same name.
CO: If you go America you should use one name.
ME: Thank you Mum.
CO: Well your case has been put under Administrative Processing, come on Apirl 12 for the results.

At this point she gave us our passport and a blue sheet which states that awaiting administrative processing results, our passport and our pictures. I also realize that she kept some of our pictures. On my way out, one of the security guys told me that if only I submitted original documents, I shouldn’t worry for l will sail through successfully.

As far as I’m concern, all my documents are original and I’m hopping and praying that come 12th April I will hear positive news from them.

Alexee,
you really kept us waiting. hhhaaa! yes the first hurdle has been jumped. bt I am assuring you that ur visa is getting hotter, and by ur next appearance u will be singing Halleluya. Just keep on praying. Though you didn't get it onetouch like I did, u and ur wife must start rejoicing because the Good Lord has done it once again. To God Be the Glory!!!!

Hello, I live in London and i sent my form in london specifying my current address. As at present i have managed to contact KCC and my interview has been sheduled for 2nd week in April. I will attend the interview in london. I have been my NL will be arriving in a few days so that i can get my medicals done in london. Thanks so much for your help and God bless you all for the wonderful work you are doing.

Hello House,

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting and thanks for your prayers all these while, I had to rush back to the office after the interview to attend to some pressing needs.

Well I got to the Embassy around 6: 30 am and I realized there were about 30 people in the waiting area. People started coming in. And about 7: 00 am, the number has increased to about 100. At about 7: 15 am, we were told to queue by the security men. They then check our appointed letters and non immigrant visa applicant’s were asked to form a different queue.

At about 7: 30am were have passed through the first and second security check point, and we were told to sit until we are called. A Ghanaian lady called all dv applicants to window 2 for a brief counseling after which she gave us a form which indicate whether one qualifies through education or work, married or not etc. She advice us to make payment after filling the forms if we intend to be interview. If my memory serves me right, we were about 15 applicants.

Please note that if your currency of payment is USD which I will recommend since you can save some few cedis, it should be from a bank or a trusted source because they check it vividly. After payment, I was asked to come to window one to submit my documents. The following are the documents I submitted. Passport, passport picture, school certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificate, police certificate, medicals “ note that the big xray form was given back to me, they claim they don’t need it” AOS, wedding and courtship pictures and copies of email of my wife and myself.

My name was mention once again to come to window two for my finger print. All these while I witness two refusal cases, one successful and three administrative processing. At about 11: 35 am, my name was mention to come to window 5.

CO: Raise your right hand and repeat after me if you swear to tell the truth of whatever you are asked.
CO: You qualify through education, can you tell me about your educational background?
Me: I have BSC Admin (Accounting option) from blablabla, HND in purchasing and Supply from Blablabla and SSCE from blablabla.
CO: Your marriage certificate states that you register your marriage recently why did it take you guys that long to register your marriage?
ME: As at the time of the engagement, my wife was just about travelling to London so to ensure our commitment to our relationship we decided to go ahead with the engagement before she leaves.
ME: Yes I did, I sent them a mail to enquire about the receipt of my application forms and interview date.
CO: I realized that all your documents your first name is Alex but is Alexander on your SSCE certificate can you explain that.
ME: To the best of my knowledge Alex is the short form of Alexander so is the same name. Most of my friends call me Alex whilst others call me Alexander so is the same name.
CO: Well your case has been put under Administrative Processing, come on Apirl 12 for the results.

At this point she gave us our passport and a blue sheet which states that awaiting administrative processing results, our passport and our pictures. I also realize that she kept some of our pictures. On my way out, one of the security guys told me that if only I submitted original documents, I shouldn’t worry for l will sail through successfully.

As far as I’m concern, all my documents are original and I’m hopping and praying that come 12th April I will hear positive news from them.

Congratsssss, come April 12th ur dream will be forfill in Jesus name.

Hello House,

Congrats alexee357, surely God is on your side and everything will be alright. Will give my comments later.

Last edited by a moderator: