• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

hi cov, just want to know if you sent your request together with your finger prints? just want to know how you went about it. tanx

Go to any police station in your locality and ask for finger print for immigrant visa at the US embassy, they may be in a position to direct you.

if u are in london u can only do it in scotland yard, or call them for the tel. number for ur county.

information from their website

What the Fingerprint Service does not provide
The Visa Fingerprint Section do not provide fingerprints for the following:

Any criminal proceedings.
Passport validation.
For Police Clearance in the UK.
Character Enquiries / Identity Checks.
Appointments
To book an appointment for your fingerprints to be taken, you need to contact the Visa Fingerprint Office on tel: 020 7230 2099 between the hours of 8:30am - 12:30pm and 1:30pm - 3:00pm on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. The appointments line is closed on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Fee
Customers are required to make a payment for this service:

£63 per person for the 1st set of fingerprints
£95 for up to 3 sets of fingerprints
£132 for 4 or more sets of fingerprints

Payment can be made by cash only.

Documents required
Documents required by the customer should be the following:

Current passport or
Full new style UK Driving Licence with photograph and counterpart form D740.
If your passport is being held by the Home Office, a letter and a photocopy of your passport is acceptable providing that it has been officially stamped. A covering letter on its own is not acceptable. You may also request for your passport to be released from the Home Office for 24 hours to enable your fingerprints to be taken.

Directions
Our address is New Scotland Yard, 10 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BG (just off Victoria Street).

The nearest mainline train is Victoria and the nearest underground tube station is St James’s Park on the District & Circle lines. Take the Broadway Exit and enter New Scotland Yard via Visitors Entrance (near the revolving sign). Bus routes 11, 24, 148 and 211 stop in Victoria Street.

Cancellations
If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact 020 7230 2128 as soon as possible between 8:00am -3:00pm Monday to Friday. Please give us as much notice as possible. A cancellation fee will be incurred if we are not informed.

Last edited by a moderator:
if u are in london u can only do it in scotland yard, or call them for the tel. number for ur county.

information from their website

What the Fingerprint Service does not provide
The Visa Fingerprint Section do not provide fingerprints for the following:

Any criminal proceedings.
Passport validation.
For Police Clearance in the UK.
Character Enquiries / Identity Checks.
Appointments
To book an appointment for your fingerprints to be taken, you need to contact the Visa Fingerprint Office on tel: 020 7230 2099 between the hours of 8:30am - 12:30pm and 1:30pm - 3:00pm on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. The appointments line is closed on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Fee
Customers are required to make a payment for this service:

£63 per person for the 1st set of fingerprints
£95 for up to 3 sets of fingerprints
£132 for 4 or more sets of fingerprints

Payment can be made by cash only.

Documents required
Documents required by the customer should be the following:

Current passport or
Full new style UK Driving Licence with photograph and counterpart form D740.
If your passport is being held by the Home Office, a letter and a photocopy of your passport is acceptable providing that it has been officially stamped. A covering letter on its own is not acceptable. You may also request for your passport to be released from the Home Office for 24 hours to enable your fingerprints to be taken.

Directions
Our address is New Scotland Yard, 10 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BG (just off Victoria Street).

The nearest mainline train is Victoria and the nearest underground tube station is St James’s Park on the District & Circle lines. Take the Broadway Exit and enter New Scotland Yard via Visitors Entrance (near the revolving sign). Bus routes 11, 24, 148 and 211 stop in Victoria Street.

Cancellations
If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact 020 7230 2128 as soon as possible between 8:00am -3:00pm Monday to Friday. Please give us as much notice as possible. A cancellation fee will be incurred if we are not informed.

cov, thanks for the information.

Yh,
Mykoko where are you? Lets hear from you man. Visa collection is the easiest process of all. update us please.

Yh,
Mykoko where are you? Lets hear from you man. Visa collection is the easiest process of all. update us please.

Guys,

Please let us avoid pilling pressures on mykoko, at his own time he will let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys
I got my visa on Friday. Like computek said taking the visa is the most easiest part. There were a lot of guys who came for their visas on Friday. After we entered the embassy premises a young black American lady and a Ghanaian came to talk to us. They told us the dos and dont's of the green card, for instance those that were going through as fiancee were to get married to their American spouse by 90 days of their entering the US or they forfeit getting a green card. Our name were mentioned in batches and we went inside the embassy to take our visas. The embassy retains the medical report.police report and affidavit of support(if you submitted one) , documents that are returned to you are your educational certificates and birth certificates. The embassy also gives 2 sheet of papers, one talks briefly about the green card and the other tells you about social security . I was given a brownish yellow envelope to give to immigration officials at the port of entry. I was I was thinking my visa would be valid from the day I took it(19th) but it wasn't so, It's valid from 16th February to 15th August.

Hi guys
I got my visa on Friday. Like computek said taking the visa is the most easiest part. There were a lot of guys who came for their visas on Friday. After we entered the embassy premises a young black American lady and a Ghanaian came to talk to us. They told us the dos and dont's of the green card, for instance those that were going through as fiancee were to get married to their American spouse by 90 days of their entering the US or they forfeit getting a green card. Our name were mentioned in batches and we went inside the embassy to take our visas. The embassy retains the medical report.police report and affidavit of support(if you submitted one) , documents that are returned to you are your educational certificates and birth certificates. The embassy also gives 2 sheet of papers, one talks briefly about the green card and the other tells you about social security . I was given a brownish yellow envelope to give to immigration officials at the port of entry. I was I was thinking my visa would be valid from the day I took it(19th) but it wasn't so, It's valid from 16th February to 15th August.

Thanks mykoko,
This is what we just want to hear from you. Hope you succeed in your journey and stay in the land of the freedom. But one things I will ask from you is not to depart us, we need you and others for their experience and contributions.

Hi guys

Hi Mykoko,

Congrats my bro. As adviced, please don't leave us since we need your expirence and input on this forum.
All the best man.

Hi guys

Mykoko this is beautiful, pls accept my congratulation - Welcome to America.

To God Be The Glory!!!
Great Mykoko, thats exactly we all expected to hear from you. Such good news must reach us as quickly as possible. thanks for your info. We hope to be hearing from you frequently. Welcome to the US. And to the rest of you who are yet to go for your interviews, the story is never going to be different from that of Americanbound, myself, Alexee and Mykoko., Cheer up guys and wait for your success stories. We are still praying and fasting. I fasted and prayed for one week before my interview

Proposal for Changes in Schedule of Fees for Consular Services

On February 9, 2010 the Department of State published a proposed rule in the Federal Register to change certain consular fees, including those related to U.S. passport and passport card applications, immigrant visas, and other services provided to U.S. and foreign citizens. For further information about the proposed fee increases, please visit:

http://www.travel.state.gov/news/news_1735.html