• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi guys,
Its been a long time since u heard from me. I've been looking around for the cheapest fares to the US. N to all our new members welcome home. this is the house of success where failure has no vacancy. We are happy you joined us. N be rest assured that your success stories are ahead of you. N always remember, TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!

Hi computek09,

Good to know that you are preparing. Any update about the fares so far?

Hi guys,
Its been a long time since u heard from me. I've been looking around for the cheapest fares to the US. N to all our new members welcome home. this is the house of success where failure has no vacancy. We are happy you joined us. N be rest assured that your success stories are ahead of you. N always remember, TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!

Any good information about the fares, I'm more interested in it.

Hello House,

Anytime i go through our Nigerian brother’s thread, i ask myself whether the processing of DV case at their embassy is different from ours. I'm saying this because, i realize most of them are able to know their fate during their first interview.
On the day of my interview, i realized all the DV winners who went before me were put on administrative processing but were not ask to bring additional document.
Also i remember Americanbound said some time that he think they produce Visas in batches of 70. Could this be the reason for the numerous administrative processing at the US embassy here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello House,

Anytime i go through our Nigerian brother’s thread, i ask myself whether the processing of DV case at their embassy is different from ours. I'm saying this because, i realize most of them are able to know their fate during their first interview.
On the day of my interview, i realized all the DV winners who went before me were put on administrative processing but were not ask to bring additional document.
Also i remember Americanbound said some time that he think they produce Visas in batches of 70. Could this be the reason for the numerous administrative processing at the US embassy here?

Hi Alexee,

I am a Nigerian. I don't think Dv processing in Nigeria is different form what is obtainable in Ghana. Those who knew their fate are all members of the Nigerian thread and no single member of that thread has been denied visa so far, simply because the thread is highly educative, informative and prayerful thereby creating high optimism even b4 the interview. People discuss interview experiences, documents to bring and not to bring, the dos and don't s e.t.c.

Some members of the Nigerian thread with successful interview would have been placed on Administrative Processing, but they perfected their documents prior to their respective interviews due to advices gained from the forum. Nevertheless, the embassy do deny some Nigerians visa, but they are those who are unaware of the existence of the forum.

The same I think is happening at your end, many Ghanaians are not aware of your thread for advices , hence they make mistakes and the resultant effect is Administrative processing.

One love.

New to this Thread

Hello everyone, i am new to this thread and have been following it for sometime now and wish to express my sincere appreciation to all those who have been contributing fervently.

First and foremost, my husband is a lucky winner of the 2010 dv lottery. We received the 2nl yesterday and realised that our son, whom we had 2 weeks after posting the 1nl was not included as a beneficiary eventhough we forwarded the necessary information to KCC and even received a confirmation that it would be added to our case. I would like to know from anyone:

1. Can we take the necessary documents to the embassy on the day of the interview and explain it to the CO?
2. During the interview, when one is asked to sign the signature, do u sign ur signature or write ur full name. I am asking this b'cos nervouseness could cause your signature to change and can't it affect you?
3. Our son is only 9months old. Would he be required to do the madicals and do we need his passport to start with medicals?

thank you.

2010AF00031xxx
1nl recieved in May, 2009
received confirmation after 3days
started police report on 26/2/2010
2nl recieved 3/3/2010
to pick up police report on 16/3/2010
yet to start medicals

New to this Thread

Hello everyone, i am new to this thread and have been following it for sometime now and wish to express my sincere appreciation to all those who have been contributing fervently.

First and foremost, my husband is a lucky winner of the 2010 dv lottery. We received the 2nl yesterday and realised that our son, whom we had 2 weeks after posting the 1nl was not included as a beneficiary eventhough we forwarded the necessary information to KCC and even received a confirmation that it would be added to our case. I would like to know from anyone:

1. Can we take the necessary documents to the embassy on the day of the interview and explain it to the CO?
2. During the interview, when one is asked to sign the signature, do u sign ur signature or write ur full name. I am asking this b'cos nervouseness could cause your signature to change and can't it affect you?
3. Our son is only 9months old. Would he be required to do the madicals and do we need his passport to start with medicals?

thank you.

2010AF00031xxx
2nl recieved 3/3/2010
yet to start medicals

hi Abutay, I think since your file has been transferred to your country's embassy, I suggest you contact them to know the next action to take before you go for your interview. Nothing also prevent you from present the necessary documents to the embassy on the interview day when all avenues to get a feedback from them has failed.

You need to sign the same signature you use on the DSP and DSS forms.

Your son will require passport for his medicals and a visa to travel with you.

Thanks

Thaks a lot ammeck09 for your response. My husband has already emailed the us embassy in Accra and we are awaiting response. Will let the house know the response we get from them. About my son's passport, we requested for it about 3 months ago and has still not recieved it, can you imagine? we are hoping it comes soon. But can he travel on my passport?

2010AF00031xxx
2nl recieved 3/3/2010
yet to start medicals

Thaks a lot ammeck09 for your response. My husband has already emailed the us embassy in Accra and we are awaiting response. Will let the house know the response we get from them. About my son's passport, we requested for it about 3 months ago and has still not recieved it, can you imagine? we are hoping it comes soon. But can he travel on my passport?

2010AF00031xxx
2nl recieved 3/3/2010
yet to start medicals

I know it takes a while for those people in Accra to respond to emails and letters but let's keep our fingers crossed knowing they will reply you soon. About your son travelling on your passport, I don't think it's acceptable for the dv lottery since everyone being approved must travel on hie/her own passport and each being given a different visa number.

Hello House,

As far as I’m concern, all my documents are original and I’m hopping and praying that come 12th April I will hear positive news from them.

Hi alexee357, you have barely 1 month and some few days to go. Our prayers are with you - at the end He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

Yeah I still believe the do the visas in batches of 70 but thats why they do Administrative Processing...

Also, just make sure that your docs are fine and do not worry...

I just got to New York City and it is freezing...if you dont like cold weather and you are going to a snowy place, wait till summer or else u are going to freeze like me...lol...hope all is well with everyone going through the process right now..you will all be well :)

... About my son's passport, we requested for it about 3 months ago and has still not recieved it, can you imagine? we are hoping it comes soon. But can he travel on my passport?

If you travel to the US the answer is NO, anyone entering the US even days old babies need a pass port. Keep faith!

Yeah I still believe the do the visas in batches of 70 but thats why they do Administrative Processing...

I just got to New York City and it is freezing...if you dont like cold weather and you are going to a snowy place, wait till summer or else u are going to freeze like me...lol...hope all is well with everyone going through the process right now..you will all be well :)

Hi, good to hear that you have finally made the journey to the promised land. Some of us has been experiencing this freezing conditions for years, so we hope it won't pose any problem for us. Wish you all the best in your endevors.

Hi alexee357, you have barely 1 month and some few days to go. Our prayers are with you - at the end He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

Hi ammeck09,

Thanks for your prayers and that of the house. As far as our good God is alive, He will surely fill my mouth laughter and my lips with shouts of joy on that day.
Hope you are going through the other thread for UK interview expirence.

Hi Americanbound,

How is president Obama? Anyway, thank God for your safe arrival at the dream land. Do well to fill us in with your observations so far.

Hi ammeck09,

Thanks for your prayers and that of the house. As far as our good God is alive, He will surely fill my mouth laughter and my lips with shouts of joy on that day.
Hope you are going through the other thread for UK interview expirence.

Hi alexee357, please don't slack in your contribution to this forum and in particular this thread. I know your situation calls for fruitful thoughts but I am convinced come the d-day you will persevered.

ADVICE TO THOSE WHO INTEND USING OCCUPATION AS A BASIS OF QUALIFICATION FOR THE DV INTERVIEW

I met a man this morning who had a successful interview with his wife somewhere last month and as such was given a visa collection card. He said to his dismay, he was disqualified on the day he and his wife were so happy that they were going for their visa.
He claim he is a vocational studies teacher so he used his work as a basis of quailification. On the D-day, he said the consular officer told them that unfortunately his work as a vocational teacher does not qualify him so he was disqualified. Can you imagine being told to come for your visa and at the end of the day being disqualified? I pray that this does not happen to any member of this great thread.
MY ADVICE IS THAT IF YOU ARE NOT SURE OF YOUR OCCUPATION QUALIFYING YOU AND YOU HAVE THE EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION, PLEASE USE IT INSTEAD OF YOUR OCCUPATION.

Hi alexee357, please don't slack in your contribution to this forum and in particular this thread. I know your situation calls for fruitful thoughts but I am convinced come the d-day you will persevered.

Hi ammeck09,

Thx for you advice bro. I'm preparing towards an exam and its taking most of my time these days but nevertheless i will try my best with my contribution to this forum and to our thread.

Hi ammeck09,

Thx for you advice bro. I'm preparing towards an exam and its taking most of my time these days but nevertheless i will try my best with my contribution to this forum and to our thread.

Thx and wish you success in your exams