• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

I felicitate with you

I got to the embassy at about 12pm, My appointed letter stated that I should report at 1pm. I was allowed to enter the embassy at 12 pm even though that was an hour earlier.The embassy was filled to capacity. I was asked to drop my appointment letter at window 2 and have a seat. I sat there till 3pm and still hadn't heard my name, I realized that those who came after me were being called to window 1. I approached the lady at window 1 to express my concerns as to the fact I have been sitting there for 3 hours and still hadn't heard my name. She told me those whose names were being mentioned had been asked to bring additional documents and therefore she was just taking those documents. She asked me to have my seat and that I would be called. I sat there till 4pm and I still hadn't been interview, I approached the lady at window 1 again and these time she gives me a sheet of paper to write my name, she dashes out and comes back to inform me that my case is with one of the interviewers and that I would be called soon .At about 4:15 pm I was called to window 5. I was the last person inside the embassy to be called even though I was the first to report amongst those with 1pm appointments.

Me: Good evening

CO: Good evening, he picks a blue paper and starts to write something on it.sorry for keeping you waiting. We are done with the administrative process and am happy to inform you that your visa has been granted. You will have to come back on the 19th of February for your visa. Don't make any travel arrangements until you receive you visa. Do you have any questions

Me: Yeah, am planning to travel in February so why can't I make any travel arrangements.

CO: There could be a error in the visa sticker that is embossed in your passport. That's why we advice applicants to receive their visas before making travel arrangements.

CO: He gives me the blue chit and says welcome to America.

Me : I thanked him and left.

Mykoko my man,

Glory be to Jah for He has again answered our prayers. Your level has changed brother courtesy of no man but God of host. He has lifted up your head and set to take you unto higher ground. I felicitate with you.

Congratulations man, one love.

I got to the embassy at about 12pm, My appointed letter stated that I should report at 1pm. I was allowed to enter the embassy at 12 pm even though that was an hour earlier.The embassy was filled to capacity. I was asked to drop my appointment letter at window 2 and have a seat. I sat there till 3pm and still hadn't heard my name, I realized that those who came after me were being called to window 1. I approached the lady at window 1 to express my concerns as to the fact I have been sitting there for 3 hours and still hadn't heard my name. She told me those whose names were being mentioned had been asked to bring additional documents and therefore she was just taking those documents. She asked me to have my seat and that I would be called. I sat there till 4pm and I still hadn't been interview, I approached the lady at window 1 again and these time she gives me a sheet of paper to write my name, she dashes out and comes back to inform me that my case is with one of the interviewers and that I would be called soon .At about 4:15 pm I was called to window 5. I was the last person inside the embassy to be called even though I was the first to report amongst those with 1pm appointments.

Me: Good evening

CO: Good evening, he picks a blue paper and starts to write something on it.sorry for keeping you waiting. We are done with the administrative process and am happy to inform you that your visa has been granted. You will have to come back on the 19th of February for your visa. Don't make any travel arrangements until you receive you visa. Do you have any questions

Me: Yeah, am planning to travel in February so why can't I make any travel arrangements.

CO: There could be a error in the visa sticker that is embossed in your passport. That's why we advice applicants to receive their visas before making travel arrangements.

CO: He gives me the blue chit and says welcome to America.

Me : I thanked him and left.

Thank God, our prayers have not been in vain. This is what we are all expecting from all winners who are members of this great forum. This is a good experience that will encourage most of us here.

I hope this will not be your last post, and that you will constantly come here to give your suggestions to those of us who are yet to have our interviews.

To mykoko
can you tell us which documents you missed??

I submitted all required documents during my 1st interview. The consular officer told me to come back on 2nd February. I was given a sheet that said my case was under administrative process. He said they had to do some checks. You can read through my 1st interview experience to get an idea of how my interview went.

I would like to thank members of these thread who helped in diverse ways in making my dream come true . Ammeck09, Alexee357, Computek09, Joequi, Americabound, Ajaylagos and all the others members whose names are not here. Your inputs and contributions to this thread helped me to get this far.

The powerful mykoko,

We are very proud of you, rememberthat God's time is the best. Congratulationsssss.

One Love

I am believing God for the wonderful thing He's done for me this year. I never thought this opportunity would ever come my way.
Can somebody advice me about the travelling arrangement?. Say flight fares and so on. I think American bound can help me here.

I am believing God for the wonderful thing He's done for me this year. I never thought this opportunity would ever come my way.
Can somebody advice me about the travelling arrangement?. Say flight fares and so on. I think American bound can help me here.

With regards to air ticket, depends what "floats your boat" and what your entire travel plans are.

If you want to fly direct to the States, think its only Delta that goes there aka Ghetto Airlines --- service is practically hopeless.

If you dont mind flying through Europe, check online for Lufthansa (thru Frankfurt) or BA (through UK) or KLM (thru amsterdam).

It's always cheapest to buy a round trip ticket so might as well come back to Accra for Xmas and dont waste the ticket :)

However, I've also realized that you can get the cheapest tickets from online travel agents OUTSIDE Ghana -- that would mean asking a relative/sponsor to pay for it with a credit card and you reimbursing the person when you get there...you can use Etickets in Ghana now

The actual price of the ticket depends on the time you intend to fly out (before summer I guess --- tickets are always cheaper before the summer and fall seasons)

I got a ticket for $1100 round trip with Lufthansa. Not sure if that deal will still be available now online.

With regards to air ticket, depends what "floats your boat" and what your entire travel plans are.

If you want to fly direct to the States, think its only Delta that goes there aka Ghetto Airlines --- service is practically hopeless.

If you dont mind flying through Europe, check online for Lufthansa (thru Frankfurt) or BA (through UK) or KLM (thru amsterdam).

It's always cheapest to buy a round trip ticket so might as well come back to Accra for Xmas and dont waste the ticket :)

However, I've also realized that you can get the cheapest tickets from online travel agents OUTSIDE Ghana -- that would mean asking a relative/sponsor to pay for it with a credit card and you reimbursing the person when you get there...you can use Etickets in Ghana now

The actual price of the ticket depends on the time you intend to fly out (before summer I guess --- tickets are always cheaper before the summer and fall seasons)

I got a ticket for $1100 round trip with Lufthansa. Not sure if that deal will still be available now online.

You can also try Qatar Airways, is a 5 star airline, you will never regret it. You can also check on Nigerian forum some body is about to use it.

hi, i am a dv-2010 winner.i am yet to receive my 2nd NL. CN is AF25XXX. Just wondering if its too early to get my documents ready.

please does anyone know when this batch of numbers will be active.

edsane, welcome to the forum.
What batch of numbers are you referring to?
If your CN is AF25XXX, then you need to contact kcc as soon as possible,
because alexee357 whose CN is AF26XXX is having his interview this month.

Hi everyone,
i need your help. my interview is in march however i dont have ethiopian certificate of good conduct which i suppose to have and i dont know whether i can get it
before my interview or not. so here i need your advice.

can i go to the interview without that police report and submit it later? or shall i request my interview to be postponed so that i can get it before the interveiw?

thanks.

Hi everyone,
i need your help. my interview is in march however i dont have ethiopian certificate of good conduct which i suppose to have and i dont know whether i can get it
before my interview or not. so here i need your advice.

can i go to the interview without that police report and submit it later? or shall i request my interview to be postponed so that i can get it before the interveiw?

thanks.

It's not too late to apply for the police certificate.

How to obtain one

Ethiopian Federal Police Commission Forensic Investigation Department
P.O. Box 80358
Addis Ababa
Ethiopia

You should apply to the address above and include with your application:
--two passport-size photographs
--photocopies of the pages of your passport
--the applicable fees
--a letter from KCC requesting the certificate (copy of 2nd NL)
--an original set of fingerprints taken by the police authority of your country of residence

You may also ask a representative to submit the request in person on your behalf by presenting proof of legal representation and the documents listed above.

You may try this number to see if you could speak to someone over there +251 1 15512744

It's not too late to apply for the police certificate.

How to obtain one

Ethiopian Federal Police Commission Forensic Investigation Department
P.O. Box 80358
Addis Ababa
Ethiopia

You should apply to the address above and include with your application:
--two passport-size photographs
--photocopies of the pages of your passport
--the applicable fees
--a letter from KCC requesting the certificate (copy of 2nd NL)
--an original set of fingerprints taken by the police authority of your country of residence

You may also ask a representative to submit the request in person on your behalf by presenting proof of legal representation and the documents listed above.

You may try this number to see if you could speak to someone over there +251 1 15512744

Thank you ammeck09 for information. i appreciate it.
infact, i called the that number and they told me that a representative can submit the request on my behalf.
but i am not sure whether the police of the country i am resident now will take the fingureprint or not. any way try tomorrow. thanks again ammeck09.

For April, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 31,700

Except:
Egypt: 20,800
Ethiopia: 19,300
Nigeria: 14,600
ASIA 13,600
EUROPE 26,300
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 1,000
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,000

For April, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 31,700
Except:
Egypt: 20,800
Ethiopia: 19,300
Nigeria: 14,600

ASIA 13,600

EUROPE 26,300

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4

OCEANIA 1,000

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,000

Thanks for the reply. My application was sent to KCC in september. Will that be that reason why i am still not scheduled for an interview? when i called them in Dec i was told my application will be processed by 19th feb. Secondly i have not been able to get my waec certificate as i didnt collect it from waec and i had always used my result slip. I am currently doing my masters and wondering if thatshould be ok. Someone pls advise?