• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Good to hear tweeny (naija) has passed her interview. We await the interview experience of computek which we know it's gonna be positive and mykoko collecting his visa on the 2nd. God bless you all.

Congrats to Tweeny. Computek and myself would definitely come back with good news.

Good to hear tweeny (naija) has passed her interview. We await the interview experience of computek which we know it's gonna be positive and mykoko collecting his visa on the 2nd. God bless you all.

Hi bro,

We are all waiting for their success stories. If my memory serves me right, i think computek has some few days to go for his interview and I’m positive he will come out with flying colors.

Here is My Prayer
Lord, you said that where two or three are gathered together in your name, you are in their midst. I am praying by myself (or ‘on the Internet’) but I am uniting myself with many individual believers throughout the world (in this forum) who, though separate, are gathered together in another sense to pray to you, and I trust that you are with us now.

We commit Computek09 to you, oh Lord. Have mercy and let your favour be upon him. Guide, guard and protect him throughout his interview to be held tomorrow – and in the end glory and praises will be yours.

here is my prayer
lord, you said that where two or three are gathered together in your name, you are in their midst. I am praying by myself (or ‘on the internet’) but i am uniting myself with many individual believers throughout the world (in this forum) who, though separate, are gathered together in another sense to pray to you, and i trust that you are with us now.

We commit computek09 to you, oh lord. Have mercy and let your favour be upon him. Guide, guard and protect him throughout his interview to be held tomorrow – and in the end glory and praises will be yours.

amenoo!!!

So shall it be in jesus name

Here is My Prayer
Lord, you said that where two or three are gathered together in your name, you are in their midst. I am praying by myself (or ‘on the Internet’) but I am uniting myself with many individual believers throughout the world (in this forum) who, though separate, are gathered together in another sense to pray to you, and I trust that you are with us now.

We commit Computek09 to you, oh Lord. Have mercy and let your favour be upon him. Guide, guard and protect him throughout his interview to be held tomorrow – and in the end glory and praises will be yours.

So shall it be in Jesus name, Amennnnnnnnn !!!!!!!

I'm a Nigerian, we love u guys. Peace.

computek09, we know by His grace you will overcome every difficulties in your interview. We are waiting patiently for your interview experience and testimony.

Gloooory beeee to god!!!!! Amen

computek09, we know by His grace you will overcome every difficulties in your interview. We are waiting patiently for your interview experience and testimony.

Can u imagine that i was not asked any question? the CO just checked the documents I submitted and Just asked me where I teach, how many students in my class and told me to come on Feb. 12 2010 for my visa? Please brothers and sisters help me to say AAAAAAAMEN!!!! I am short of words. catch u later for my interview xperience. And i Know everybody on this forum is going to sail through like i did. Thanks to everybody xpecially the Captain himself,AMMECK09.

Can u imagine that i was not asked any question? the CO just checked the documents I submitted and Just asked me where I teach, how many students in my class and told me to come on Feb. 12 2010 for my visa? Please brothers and sisters help me to say AAAAAAAMEN!!!! I am short of words. catch u later for my interview xperience. And i Know everybody on this forum is going to sail through like i did. Thanks to everybody xpecially the Captain himself,AMMECK09.

Hi computek09,

AAAAAAAMEN!!!. I simply can't belive this, two questions!! this is unbelivable, congrats my brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations brother, I'm really happy for you. We can't wait for the full details of the interview.

Congrats.

Congratulations brother, I'm really happy for you. We can't wait for the full details of the interview.

Congrats. One love

congratulations brother, i'm really happy for you. We can't wait for the full details of the interview.

Congrats. One love

my interview xperience.
@ exactly 1:38 am, on thursday 28th jan. 2010, i woke up n began to read thru all the interview xperiences from the nigeria thread i have printed.
I reached the american embassy @ exactly 4:50 am. This was because i wanted have a good parking place.
At exactly 6am to my amazement i saw a lot of people trooping in the compound like termites. I was really shocked. We were told by the security men to come to the entrance of the embassy, which we were separated into two(immigrant and non-immigrant), one of them came round to check our appointment letters and told as to enter the embassy. Inside the embassy the dv cases were called to window 1 for our forms which we filled. This forms cautions one of inelegibility, it is either u choose education or occupation. Two men did not meet the requirement based on their occupation so they left without paying the visa fees. So i and other two gentlemen and a lady filled the forms and paid our visa fees(i paid in gh¢1162.50). The first person was called. It didnt take him five minutes and he returned with his visa pickup sheet and we congratulated him. Bt. Could u believe that this young man did not submit any affidavit of support? He even told us b4 his interview that his father is yet to post his affidavit of support, so he would bring it next time. He said the co asked him only two questions and got his congrats. He was asked to come for his visa on feb. 12.
Then next was another gentleman who spent almost an hour there which made me begin to sweat. This man was in a very nice suit and one could mistakenly take him for a co. He finally came back almost in tears, cos he was denied. U know the big mistake he made? This man should've used education instead of occupation. He told the man he is a computer engineer and plenty of questions were asked on that field and he fumbled. So the co said, "i'm sorry" and that was the end of the road for this gentleman.
As i was trying to console him i overheard my name called to window 5. I just sprung silently and muttered, to god be the glory!!!
N here it goes:
Me: Goodmorning sir!
Co: Hi akwasi could u please place ur double thumb on the pad for me?
Me: Did
co: Raise up ur right hand and swear that all ur documents r genuine and u will say nothing bt the truth.
Me:bla bla bla bla.....................................
Co: Typing sth. On the pc, so u said u r single with no kids(not even looking at my face)
me: Yes
co: Checkin my docs, oh waec, u qualify, oh degree what is this course bfa painting?. So u r an artist?
Me: Didnt answer cos he was busy checkin the other docs
co: So what do u do?
Me: Teaching
co: How many kids do u teach?
Me: I have a total class of 90 which is divided into 2, 45 in a class n another 45 in a different class
co: Picked the visa pick up form, wrote my name and date for visa collection, congrats!!!!
I was like so is that all or there's goin to be another interview?, juz amazing. I left the embassy in tears of joy......
Pls. Don't panic when u get there because god is the answer to all the questions. Since i got there in the morning i was juz meditating: To god be glory,to god be......................................................................
N dont worry urself to wear suit or any dress trying to attract their attention, what is important are the documents......i was wearing an ordinary ghana made african wear

my interview xperience.
@ exactly 1:38 am, on thursday 28th jan. 2010, i woke up n began to read thru all the interview xperiences from the nigeria thread i have printed.
I reached the american embassy @ exactly 4:50 am. This was because i wanted have a good parking place.
At exactly 6am to my amazement i saw a lot of people trooping in the compound like termites. I was really shocked. We were told by the security men to come to the entrance of the embassy, which we were separated into two(immigrant and non-immigrant), one of them came round to check our appointment letters and told as to enter the embassy. Inside the embassy the dv cases were called to window 1 for our forms which we filled. This forms cautions one of inelegibility, it is either u choose education or occupation. Two men did not meet the requirement based on their occupation so they left without paying the visa fees. So i and other two gentlemen and a lady filled the forms and paid our visa fees(i paid in gh¢1162.50). The first person was called. It didnt take him five minutes and he returned with his visa pickup sheet and we congratulated him. Bt. Could u believe that this young man did not submit any affidavit of support? He even told us b4 his interview that his father is yet to post his affidavit of support, so he would bring it next time. He said the co asked him only two questions and got his congrats. He was asked to come for his visa on feb. 12.
Then next was another gentleman who spent almost an hour there which made me begin to sweat. This man was in a very nice suit and one could mistakenly take him for a co. He finally came back almost in tears, cos he was denied. U know the big mistake he made? This man should've used education instead of occupation. He told the man he is a computer engineer and plenty of questions were asked on that field and he fumbled. So the co said, "i'm sorry" and that was the end of the road for this gentleman.
As i was trying to console him i overheard my name called to window 5. I just sprung silently and muttered, to god be the glory!!!
N here it goes:
co: Raise up ur right hand and swear that all ur documents r genuine and u will say nothing bt the truth.
Co: Typing sth. On the pc, so u said u r single with no kids(not even looking at my face)
co: Checkin my docs, oh waec, u qualify, oh degree what is this course bfa painting?. So u r an artist?
Me: I have a total class of 90 which is divided into 2, 45 in a class n another 45 in a different class
co: Picked the visa pick up form, wrote my name and date for visa collection, congrats!!!!
I was like so is that all or there's goin to be another interview?, juz amazing. I left the embassy in tears of joy......
Pls. Don't panic when u get there because god is the answer to all the questions. Since i got there in the morning i was juz meditating: To god be glory,to god be......................................................................
N dont worry urself to wear suit or any dress trying to attract their attention, what is important are the documents......i was wearing an ordinary ghana made african wear

Congrats bro. Welcome to USA.

Praise the Lord!
I will give my comments later. Congrats computek09

my interview xperience.
N here it goes:

Congrats computek09,
Thank God our prayers were not in vain. I'm happy for you and hope you will also help us in prayers so that at the end we will all succeed.

congrats bro....from wat im seeing thru this xpiriences they are hard on nigerians coz of the many questions they get any way thanks man for your xpirience....DID YOU SUBMIT AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT...IF YOU DINT DID THEY ASK FOR IT...?

congrats bro....from wat im seeing thru this xpiriences they are hard on nigerians coz of the many questions they get any way thanks man for your xpirience....DID YOU SUBMIT AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT...IF YOU DINT DID THEY ASK FOR IT...?

I did submit an Affidavit of Support, with the sponsor's bank statement, W-2 from 2006-2008, letter from his employer. And one funny thing is that my sponsor instead of filling the for I-134, he rather filled the form I-864 but to my amazement they accepted that. But i give all to God.

Please be reminded that yours are ready to be taken, so wait patiently for the appointed time and keep praying. And remember, To God Be The Glory!!! Documents requested: SSSCE/WAEC Cert.(don't add results slip if u have the cert.), Degree/Diploma, Police Cert, Birth Cert. Passport, and One passport foto,(same copy of the one sent to KCC ) ,affidavit of support Form I-134 with related docs from sponsor(remove the affidavit of support docs from the evelope) Medical report(sealed-dont open it) . make one photocopy each of those docs.What is most important is the SSSCE/WAEC O/A level Cert, degree or any other diploma is a bonus for the applicant.

As I've already said, the first guy did not submit the affidavit of support but he got through. So it depends on the CO who handles ur case. Bt. pray hard bcos the visas are available for the taking. all u need is ur qualification.

This goes to mykoko

Here is My Prayer

We commit mykoko to you, oh Lord. Have mercy and let your favour be upon him. Guide, guard and protect him so that on Tuesday before he gets to the embassy, his visa would have been ready to be collected – and in the end glory and praises will be yours.