• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi, can you plz tell me how KCC confirms receipt??

I send the docs at 23rd June,2009 and waiting for 2nd letter.

But no confirmation from KCC yet...

Hi Hell Driver 666,

To enquire from KCC abt the receipt of your forms, kindly send an email to them with your full name, complete case number and date of birth. Their email address is kccdv@state.gov.

Hi Guys,

Why is the house so quite? Let's keep the house interactive like that of our Nigerian brothers.

Sometime ago I was the only person contributing to this thread. Now that you are on board, I think we can give this thread more life.

My contribution to this forum has slowed down since I moved house. I'm now trying to get my internet connection in order, then I'll come back with full swing.

Sometime ago I was the only person contributing to this thread. Now that you are on board, I think we can give this thread more life.

My contribution to this forum has slowed down since I moved house. I'm now trying to get my internet connection in order, then I'll come back with full swing.

Good.Personally, i was wondering what was happening?Hope you come back soon because our numbers are getting closer.

This reply stems from another thread
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=304657

may be you guys can discuss too....

I agree with ak47!

It seems those of you from that area of the world, at least 50%(~3k from each country) from the originally eligible get the visas at the end.
at $775 per head, its about $2.4 million as visa fees!!

Now, it is a statistical possibility that 85-90% of the originally eligible may have applied and so 35-40% got rejected, i.e about 2500 ppl and visa fees of ~1.5 to 2 million $ just gone to Uncle Sam from the country's foreign reserves. That is lot of money!!

Now, are all those 2500 ppl crooks? or all those 3000 ppl good? certainly not, statistically its always a mix due to the reputation of that part of the world.(or in any part for that matter)

I think the US embassies there (do they care?) have a moral obligation to address this problem together with host govts, so that especially the 'vulnerable' could be saved from loosing their hard earned money.

Vulnerable I mean those who do not have much access to information and those who think that this is something the US govt give them on a platter! There should be more detailed 'country specific' information that KCC/DoS give out to people, together with more on site advisory services and may be pre screening of documents/qualifications for some low fee. (of course with no obligations attached to the final visa interview outcome)

But again the bottom line is DoS is only aiming at an overall 50% success rate 'cos they have only so much DV s to give.

But as I said its just a moral obligation. But to expect that from them at a part of a world so rampant with fraud...thats another matter!

I think an NGO or an INGO could help too, its lot of money to waste!
I truly believe more than any govt (US or otherwise) those of you who are now in US from DV program, should band together and should help your fellow countrymen.

Just my 2c!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear All,

I saw the information below from the Nigerian thread and i saw it to be very usefull. Kindly go through.

Originally Posted by josephonaiwu
please i want to know what i will be expecting in the day of the interview.
i am one of the lucky winners of the dvlottery 2010.
thanks

Hello Joseph, hope this helps:

DURING YOUR INTERVIEW:
Don’t panic, they are just people like you and I, try to relax, if you are tense you might not come across as nervous but as someone with something to hide. Try as much as possible to be calm, be Bold, smile and look the interviewer in the eyes (please never look down or away, to the American, it is a sign of cowardness whilst it is seen as a sign of respect in Nigeria).

Don’t play smart by bringing fake documents because they will verify and they have a special anti-fraud unit at the embassy.

Reply with exact answers that are specific to questions asked and never volunteer information that the consular officer didn't ask for. Think before you answer any question. The more you talk, the more the questions – each answer gives birth to new questions. Even if you don't know the answers, try to use your head to say something intelligent and close to the answer but never give an answer you are not sure of or fabricate a response because you can be sure that you will be interviewed by someone who has an idea, background or degree in your field of study. Only discuss what you know best cos in some cases questions will be generated from your Response/reply. In the course of your discussion, try not to fake anything or exaggerate in order to impress.

Below are sample questions from previous threads. However, my advice to you and myself is to be as prepared as possible. Looking at the interview details from previous treads I have come to notice that no two interviews are the same, if you are lucky, ur questions will be generated from ur responses but for some people it is not that way, for others, they get the simplest of questions such as date of birth etc and after a minute or two, the visa is granted to them. So since one does not know what category one will fall into, it is best to be as prepared as possible. Compare these interview details from Nigerian DV lottery winners at the US embassy in Lagos. (extracted from previous threads)

ONE

“just a note of thanks to everyone who have contributed to this forum, our interview was yesterday and we were successful.

questions were

1. what is your matric number
2. your wife date of birth
3. what is the relationship btw you and your sponsor
4. the kids were asked there age, Boy 4 and girl 2+ (but answered 5yrs) and the interviewer smile after they have made so much noise in the embassey runing up and down.

5. best subject art and no question was asked on it

next thing the welcome note was given and were asked to come back for collection in january 2007”.

ONE B

…Q:When were you born?
A:Oct.3rd 197*
Q:where?
A:**** Osun State.
Q:You are serving in Osun State?
A:No,i have served,and i served at NIger state.
Q:I thought they give very married persons excemption?
A:No,the exception is meant for married women only.
Q:When was your second child born?
A:Oct **** 2006
Q id you attend unversity or Ploythechnic?what did you study?
A: I attended Polythechnic. and i studied Accounting.
Q:What was the title of your OND project? Where?Do your know the owner?A:Cost pricing in a Manufacturing company.Osun state..He's my brother's friend.
Q:when did you meet your wife?
A: Aril 4*****
Q:Really?how do you remember the date?
A:yes,cos she dare to me and i can't just forget everything about our meeting...is day is always a memorable day in my heart.....
And he become more interesting and sat properly, laughing!
Q:Where did you meet?
A:we met in a public bus..
He started smiling and continued
Q:Where were you going? Tell me more about your meeting?
A: Well,i was going on a visit to my best friend who works in Ekiti state and was already in the bus,she was going to see her grandmother,i sat beside her in the front seat and i launched a conversation that grabbed her attention...that is how we met...and becos there was GSM then i had to follow her to where she was going...
The Interwer laughed again and sked what about your best frind you were originally going to...
I answered that because i knew i will still see him..i should not let this beautiful damsel escaped...he laughed again and by this time we were talking very loud..and everybody was just lauging..cos i was very confident.
The interviewers are very intelligent,be careful of what to say but i will implore everybody to say the truth...It's Better to say the Truth.
He rolled back his seat and was talking another white girl on the computer....suddenly,he turned back his seat to me again and asked me my first child's date of birth...and i told him.... and the last question was..
Q:What is your matric number?
A:99/fms/acc/******
He picked up all our passport and started typing infomation to the computer... and later gave me a letter and told me congratulations!
That was my experience i hope by now you must have gained one or more things...
Hope that it will be well with other people who are waiting to go for thier interview...
I will Stay in touch even if i get the God's own country i shall still be one of the family.
Thanks And God's Favour for all!
BYEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

(don’t we all wish for this type of smooth ride!)

TWO

“hi hauz,
i have been goin thru this thread 4 a vry long time.Well i had my interview on the 30-04-07.l was tagged dv-24.
The interview....A White Lady
Wat is ur Name
Place of Birth
Date of Birth
Are u a Student
Which Sch and Ur course of study
U had A1 in biology,Tell mi parts of a human Skull .hmmmmmmmmm
Parts of a plant cell and Animal Cell
Function of a vacuole
i answered correctly bt human skull i dnt knw much abt it,so i was given a white paper tellin mi that they will go 4 adminisrtative processing that they will give me a call to cum to the embassy again.Wat is administrative processing.l hope they will…”.

TWO B

“consular:good afternoon
enorch:i replied
consular:lift up ur right hand and make this promise......
enorch: i promise
consular:took my finger prints, ask for name,dob,place of birth
i saw my 230-form, online form i filled in 2006 on her desk.
then the questioned started.all d questions she ask me was based on my work experience(network admin).over 30 qurstions were asked, i know this becos she was writing down the answer on a paper.she also asked me why i had 3 results(at 3 sittings), she looked at university diploma cert.
It got to a point she started smilling,i think she herself thought she has asked so many questions.But, God really helped me in answering all d questions.the woman knew i really have understandin of my profession.
after the long questions.she paused for a while and laughed.then i know the God has done it.she picked up my pport , type something on d computer and send it to d printer.
the next thing i saw was a pick up slip paper.at this time she was just smilling maybe expecting me to say something, like what i dont know.

i will find time again to give the house more information.
Above all pls commit ur interview into Gods hand.Go there prepare to answer all dis questions without blinking”.

THREE

“officer :We just want to be sure these documents are actually yours okay. When was the the first time you sat for waec?
me : gave yr and month.
officer: Any other time?
me : yes, gave yr and month
officer :why did you seat for the exam the 2nd time?
me: To study economics( i studied economics) i needed to get a good grade in mathematics which i didn't do well the first time
officer :What course did you study?
me : economics
officer: which university
me : university of portHarcourt
officer : what was your research project on?
me: The search for an effective and efficient value added tax system in nigeria.
officer : And do you think there can be an efficient tax system in Nigeria?
me: What prompted me do that research was what i discovered when i worked with an accounting/tax firm before my graduation. We were involved in...
officer: Thank you very much. Pls come pick your visa sept date”

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1. Why do you want to go to the US?
2. How did you know your sponsor?
3. What's the relationship between you and your sponsor?
4. When did your wife graduate?
5. Which university did she graduate from?
6. Have you ever met your sponsor?
7. What took your sponsor to the US?
8. When did your sponsor leave for the US?
9. When did your sponsor marry?
10. How many children does your sponsor have?
11. How old is he and is wife?
12. How long have you known your wife?
13. How old is your wife?
14. What's your wife's birthdate?
15. Where are you from?
16. Where is your wife from?
17. What's your daughter's birthdate?
18. What's your son's birthdate?
19. What do you do?
20. What does your wife do?
21. When did you serve?
22. What's your mother's/father's name?
23. When did your father die?
24. What are your parents-in-law first names?
25. How old are your parents-in-law?
26. Where did you meet your wife?
27. When did you meet your wife?
28. How long did you court for?
29. How long have you known your wife?
30. Where did you meet your wife?
31. When did you marry your wife?
32. When is your wedding anniversary?
33. When do you intend travelling?
34. What's your wife's favorite colour, food, song etc.
35. What school did you finish from?
36. What year?
37. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam?
38. When was the last exam?
39. What university did you attend?
40. When did you finish?
41. What course?
42. What was your best course?
43. Tell me something about it?
44. What was the title of your project?
45. Talk about the project for two minutes?

IN ADDITION:

• What were your children's weight at birth?
• What is your matric no.?
• Name some courses you studied in school?
• You might be asked to explain any of them?
• What is your project topic?
• Why did you choose it?
• What did you do during youth service?

• If you have young children, they should be able to point out the people in the pictures you are presenting to them.

Ultimately though, I strongly agree with a dv winner from the previous thread who wrote -

“u have to understand that while it pays to go with genuine certificates,it neither by might nor by power.There are so many people who have gone with genuine documents and were still denied visas.This is where faith comes in.Remember,the race is not to the swift,the battle is not to the strong,neither bread to the wise,not yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill(Ecc. 9:11).More over,it is not of him that wills nor of him that runs,but of God that showeth infinite mercy.

so when all ur papers are intact and genuine,u commit ur ways to the Lord so that he will direct ur paths.It is not of our efforts,it just by the grace of God that we have been selected and we can only make it by the same grace.
God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

people,for the I-134 form is only later of employment enough as evidence? my sponsor didnt state how much she has in her account nor give any bank statement or tax returns. i am wondering if it is okay or i shd get another sponsor

people,for the I-134 form is only later of employment enough as evidence? my sponsor didnt state how much she has in her account nor give any bank statement or tax returns. i am wondering if it is okay or i shd get another sponsor

Hi Awuk,

Long time no hear from you. Anyway to your question, if you take a critical look at the instructions for filling the I-134 form, the supporting evidence part says and i quote " As a sponsor, you must show you have sufficient income or financial resources to assure that the alien you are sponsoring will not become a public charge while in the US.

You must submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources as appropriate:

a) A statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits, identifying the following details regarding your account:
1. Date account opened;
2. Total amout deposited for the past one year; and
3. Present balance.

b) Statement of your employer on business stationery showing:
1. Date and nature of employement;
2. Salary paid; and
3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

c) If self employed:
1. Copy of the last income tax return filed; or
2. Report of commercial rating concern"

From the above, my oppinion is that the letter of employment is not bad but a bank statement in addition to it would have been a perfect match. Once your sponsor is working, contact him for his bank statement if possible. If he's not willing to let you have it, i suggest you look for a different sponsor. Remember the rules of the game is that we better be safe than sorry. Please act fast cos 20th of oct is just around the corner.

This is however my candid oppinion, lets see what others will say.

My interview is scheduled for December and they told me my 2nl would be posted this week.

May the favor of the Lord rests with you. Try and gather all your documents and go through them as often as possible to make sure that everything is intact as you have been advising people here.

May the favor of the Lord rests with you. Try and gather all your documents and go through them as often as possible to make sure that everything is intact as you have been advising people here.

Thanks Naa
I'm making sure all my documents are in order. It shall be well.

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I am a 2010dv winner. I would like to be part of this forum especially this thread. I read thru all the thread and you are the right people that I should be talking to. i wna to join, learn and share experiences with you all. Iam so happy for all my friends that are telling their 2nd letters. It must be exciting.

I would like to know wat reasons may come up and one doesn't get the 2nd letter? How does one have to wait to start the medical tests?
Thank you all who take time and reply to us.

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I am a 2010dv winner. I would like to be part of this forum especially this thread. I read thru all the thread and you are the right people that I should be talking to. i wna to join, learn and share experiences with you all. Iam so happy for all my friends that are telling their 2nd letters. It must be exciting.

I would like to know wat reasons may come up and one doesn't get the 2nd letter? How does one have to wait to start the medical tests?
Thank you all who take time and reply to us.

Hi Sebulonde,

Welcome to the thread. Well from what i've learn since joining this thread and also going through the Nigerian thread, it's not likely for one not to receive a 2nd NL. One may not receive it if the correct postal addrress wasn't provided and also if one number is too high to the extend that the dv visas for the fical year gets finished or the dv program comes to an end.

With the medicals, if u look at the signatures from both this and the Nigerian thread, u realise that most people go for their medicals b4 they receive the 2nd NL. To be sure of this, kindly call any of the medical providers to enquire.

Do well to provide your signature and lets see what other members of the house will say. WELCOME ONCE AGAIN.

Hi Sebulonde,

Welcome to the thread. Well from what i've learn since joining this thread and also going through the Nigerian thread, it's not likely for one not to receive a 2nd NL. One may not receive it if the correct postal addrress wasn't provided and also if one number is too high to the extend that the dv visas for the fical year gets finished or the dv program comes to an end.

With the medicals, if u look at the signatures from both this and the Nigerian thread, u realise that most people go for their medicals b4 they receive the 2nd NL. To be sure of this, kindly call any of the medical providers to enquire.

Do well to provide your signature and lets see what other members of the house will say. WELCOME ONCE AGAIN.

Thank you so much. Feeling like at home right now. I would like to help me find out whether my CN is high or low 2010AF00037:):):). And when it's likely to be current? I spend so much time on the net but I don find people logged in. I would like to chat some time. I think we should make friends on this forum. Thank you again.