• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I am a 2010dv winner. I would like to be part of this forum especially this thread. I read thru all the thread and you are the right people that I should be talking to. i wna to join, learn and share experiences with you all. Iam so happy for all my friends that are telling their 2nd letters. It must be exciting.

I would like to know wat reasons may come up and one doesn't get the 2nd letter? How does one have to wait to start the medical tests?
Thank you all who take time and reply to us.

Seb,

You are welcome, however it will be better for u to be current before u can proceed for your medical. If u check the current DV bulletine, people that are current for December may go for their medicals even if they have gotten their 2nd letter.

From your case number 2010AF00037xxx u might be current by April or may.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much. Feeling like at home right now. I would like to help me find out whether my CN is high or low 2010AF00037:):):). And when it's likely to be current? I spend so much time on the net but I don find people logged in. I would like to chat some time. I think we should make friends on this forum. Thank you again.

When your # becomes current, you can send email to kcc. If you receive a reply with a date for your interview, then you can print this and use it for your medicals.

When your # becomes current, you can send email to kcc. If you receive a reply with a date for your interview, then you can print this and use it for your medicals.

Hi ammeck09,

Good to see u're back. Hope you have been able to fix your internet connection. Together with e other guys, let's keep helping each other.

Seb,

You are welcome, however it will be better for u to be current before u can proceed for your medical. If u check the current DV bulletine, people that are current for December may go for their medicals even if they have gotten their 2nd letter.

From your case number 2010AF00037xxx u might be current by April or may.

Thanks.

Hey Joequi, thats a long wait but they atleast i have something to look forward too, right? I am not complaining!::)
Thank you guyz for the information that you put forward here on the forum, it is so helpful to green people like me. I ahve learnt a lot this past week. I had never heard of a "Visa Bulletin."

I wish all those who have interview, success and God's favor on their heads.

Hey Ammeck09,

Sorry about the bad internet connections! I tried to send ya mail, hope you got it. The forum has helped me so much to answer qns that were flooding me. ::p

Our case numbers mighty be current together! Lovely Day

Hey Ammeck09,

Sorry about the bad internet connections! I tried to send ya mail, hope you got it. The forum has helped me so much to answer qns that were flooding me. ::p

Our case numbers mighty be current together! Lovely Day

Yea, my internet is up and running now. Now I could be online anytime I like. Hope to contribute more to the forum now.

To Alexee357 and Sebulonde
We need to hook up now bcos I think we have something in common.

Hi ammeck,

I perfectly aggree with u bro. Another issue of concern is that when u check the Nigerian thread, u realised there has been couple of success CP interview so far which i think is good news. E sad news is that there hasn't been any on this thread. Does this mean that there hasn't been any success CP interview so far in Ghana or most Ghanaians don't know abt this thread? God have mercy on us.

Anyway congrats to all the Nigerian guys who have had a successful CP interview so far.

Hi ammeck,

I perfectly aggree with u bro. Another issue of concern is that when u check the Nigerian thread, u realised there has been couple of success CP interview so far which i think is good news. E sad news is that there hasn't been any on this thread. Does this mean that there hasn't been any success CP interview so far in Ghana or most Ghanaians don't know abt this thread? God have mercy on us.

Anyway congrats to all the Nigerian guys who have had a successful CP interview so far.

The sad thing is that many Ghanaians won the lottery than any other country, yet only a few are coming online to check for information and join a great forum such as this.

I hope things will change and we will see more Ghanaians on this thread. We wish those who have had their interviews comes here to share their experiences.

The sad thing is that many Ghanaians won the lottery than any other country, yet only a few are coming online to check for information and join a great forum such as this.

I hope things will change and we will see more Ghanaians on this thread. We wish those who have had their interviews comes here to share their experiences.

Yes O bro. I hope so too. Those who have had their interviews should come around and share their interview experience.

Yes O bro. I hope so too. Those who have had their interviews should come around and share their interview experience.

I guess they just don know about the forum yet! It took me time to find it. I think I searched the web for a full week. Till I tried Personal experiences of DV winners with google. You can imagine how many replies I was looking at but I moved one by one till I fould this. I was greatful.
I know with time, People will join and share. December aint so far, atleast we got people already on this thread for December. Much love friends.

Oh! By the way, around how much dollars does one need to have on his account just incase one has no sponsor. I need to start saving up real big.:eek::eek:

Hi ammeck,

I went through the Nigerian thread and Alexee357 was right. It really exciting to read about those with successful CP interview. If they made it, we shall make it. Lets just pray for God's favor to go before us and with us.

I guess they just don know about the forum yet! It took me time to find it. I think I searched the web for a full week. Till I tried Personal experiences of DV winners with google. You can imagine how many replies I was looking at but I moved one by one till I fould this. I was greatful.
I know with time, People will join and share. December aint so far, atleast we got people already on this thread for December. Much love friends.

Oh! By the way, around how much dollars does one need to have on his account just incase one has no sponsor. I need to start saving up real big.:eek::eek:

Check out the 2009 poverty guidelines from the website below. It has all the info you need.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/POVERTY/09poverty.shtml

You may need about $18,000 'sitting' in your account. Check the website given by the other forumer above.

Hi,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010, however i made small mistake of the spelling of my middle name.. for instance, instead of Mohamed i wrote Mohammed both the E-DV and the other forms i returned to KCC. however, according to my other documents such as the passport, birth certificate and all my other certificates it is written as Mohamed.. i have no idea whether this may affect my chances to get visa or not, and what to do, so please help me if u have an idea what i should do.

thank you in advance for your assistance..

Hi,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010, however i made small mistake of the spelling of my middle name.. for instance, instead of Mohamed i wrote Mohammed both the E-DV and the other forms i returned to KCC. however, according to my other documents such as the passport, birth certificate and all my other certificates it is written as Mohamed.. i have no idea whether this may affect my chances to get visa or not, and what to do, so please help me if u have an idea what i should do.

How could you make such a double mistake? Don't you know the actual spelling of your name? As at now you can't change the name on your birth certificate since you have used that same name for your passport and other certificates. Send email to KCC with a copy of your birth certificate and explain to them the circumstances under which such a mistake happened. Like you made the mistake in the original entry and you only noticed when you won the dv lottery. Let them aware that you didn't want to jeopardise your chances that is why you use the same name in the completed forms. Request them to make the necessary change for you.

thank you for your quick response ammeck09, i will send email to KCC..

Try and attach a copy of your birth certificate with your email to show as a prove. You can do this by scanning your birth certificate and send it as attachment. Also in contacting KCC, you need to include the following details:
Your Name
Date of Birth
Case Number

Hi,

Hi Hasta,

Your case happened to be tricky than i taught initially since u made the same
mistake in the original entry. Well like the other forumers are saying, kindly send a mail to KCC explaining the situation and lets see what they would say.
Do attach a copy of your birth cert as told ealier on n let's see what the outcome. We're all praying for u.

To other forumers lets cross check all our documents to be sure all is well with us.