• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

thanks alexee357.i got my 2nd NL today, have already started the medicals and the police clearance takes just 5working days.all other things are ready so i shd be good by the end of the month by God grace.

Hi awuk,:(

Thus good to know. do keep me inform of the total cost of the medicals so as prepare towards it. all the best.

the cost of medicals is 380 ghana cedis at holy trinity and it takes one work to get the results.it includes all the various examinations and vaccination

thanks alexee357.i got my 2nd NL today, have already started the medicals and the police clearance takes just 5working days.all other things are ready so i shd be good by the end of the month by God grace.

Good to know that things are working well for you. We all pray that you succeed in your interview.

the cost of medicals is 380 ghana cedis at holy trinity and it takes one work to get the results.it includes all the various examinations and vaccination

Hi awuk,:eek:

Thx 4 e infor n all e best. Our effort will not be in vain n like ammeck09 said we are all praying that u succeed in your interview.

A piece of information

Hi,
:eek:
To my african brothers n sisters n expecially to my country men(Ghanaians), pls be informed that e cut off point for november 2010 is 14,000. Pls 4 those whose case numbers fall below, pls start preparing 4 your interview.

Our effort shall not be in vain.

Hi,
:eek:
To my african brothers n sisters n expecially to my country men(Ghanaians), pls be informed that e cut off point for november 2010 is 14,000. Pls 4 those whose case numbers fall below, pls start preparing 4 your interview.

Our effort shall not be in vain.

Thanks for the advice.Hope members scheduled for interview in October are probably reviewing their documents by now,and those scheduled for November are getting all the required documentation.
Good Luck to all those current in October and November.

Thanks for the advice.Hope members scheduled for interview in October are probably reviewing their documents by now,and those scheduled for November are getting all the required documentation.
Good Luck to all those current in October and November.

mykoko, your turn will come soon, therefore you also need to start getting your things in order. You don't have to wait before your case becomes current before you start gathering your documents. You can start with police certificate now.

Applying for DV-2011: Important

DV lottery apply will be possible only in the American Government's official web site for the DV 2011 program. And the Application form for the diversity visa lottery program only will be available as online E-DV application form. It will be available for a period of 60 days only in the month of October and November 2009.
DV 2011 start date: 2nd October 2009.
DV2011 close date: 30th November 2009

Those who want to apply for the DV-2011 must download the application forms from the U.S Government’s official web site and should fill it within the given 60 minutes of time and should be submitted along with the applicant’s digital photo file as instructed. If they couldn't do it in time, then they must download a new E-DV application form and must start the process.

The application can't be saved and used as it is an online submission form.

People living in the USA too can apply for this green card lottery, if they meet the eligibility. Also they can apply for their relatives and friends too regardless of in which country they are living now. Don’t forget a person can apply only one entry as a primary applicant. If applied more than one, all the entries will be rejected regardless of who submitted them.

If you are married, then you will get another part of application to be filled for your spouse. If you have eligible children then you will get one more part of the form for the child/children. Failure to include your spouse or your children will disqualify you from the green card lottery program.

If a husband and wife both meet the required eligibility requirements they each one can submit one entry as primary applicant with the spouse and eligible children. If any of them win the visa lottery the whole family can proceed with the immigrant visa application. If both of them win then the one with the highest qualification must proceed.

Application form and its content are available in English language only. The DV Lottery instructions are available in many regional languages in the internet. But the English language instruction is the official one.

http://www.dvlotteryapply.com/DV-2011/

hi everyone! please help me with this one. IF I am using my own assets do i still have to fill form1-134? what kinds of assets do they acept apart from money in the bank. also do i have to print form 230 again and fill it for the interview.thanks

hi everyone! please help me with this one. IF I am using my own assets do i still have to fill form1-134? what kinds of assets do they acept apart from money in the bank. also do i have to print form 230 again and fill it for the interview.thanks

If you are using your own assets, you don't need to fill form I-134. This form is to be filled by someone who is a permanent resident in the USA fand wants to sponsor a dv-winner.

Apart from cash, if you own shares, building or a business, you can use it. If you have already filled one of the form 230 to kcc, then you don't need to fill another one again. During the interview, the 230 form that you filled will be in front of the embassy official and questions would be ask based on the information you provided on the form. You will be ask to sign the form in front of the official.

Some participants of the American Visa Lottery are expressing doubts over the manner the American Embassy in Accra is dealing with them.

According to them the embassy is all out to deny some of them the chance of traveling to the United States of America (USA) without any tangible reason.

The Enquirer is reliably informed that some of the participants have planned to stage a demonstration at the Embassy building at Cantonments in Accra on Monday.

"We have paid $775 as visa fee and that money is quite heavy and now we are not hearing anything positive from the Embassy," one of them said.

Apart from that, the group told The Enquirer that they had to spend another $300 on medical examination.

"We had to pay money for police report clearing us of any criminal records," they told The Enquirer.

According to them, Embassy officials are now trying to use DS230 part one and two of the form to disqualify some of them.

That part of the form requires that the applicant should under affidavit provide the addresses of the person who supports him or her.

The motive is that winners of the lottery would not have the necessary documents while in the United States unless after one month.

Again, the applicant should provide the address of the person to stay with while in the United States.

The argument of the embassy, according to the group, is that they provided different addresses and that is why they are being disqualified.

They, however, told Thy Enquirer that it is possible to have two or more people accommodating a person and another supporting that person.

"Are the Embassy officials trying to tell us that we do not know how to provide information?

"We think that there is ,something fishy somewhere and that must be addressed in earnest for them to do the right thing" they said.

They, therefore, called on the Minister of Foreign Affairs Alhaji Mohammed Mumuni to intervene to ensure that they are given the right deal.

"We are appealing to the government through the Foreign Affairs Minister to help us solve the issue," they said,

Source: Enquirer/Ghana

Some participants of the American Visa Lottery are expressing doubts over the manner the American Embassy in Accra is dealing with them.

According to them the embassy is all out to deny some of them the chance of traveling to the United States of America (USA) without any tangible reason.

The Enquirer is reliably informed that some of the participants have planned to stage a demonstration at the Embassy building at Cantonments in Accra on Monday.

"We have paid $775 as visa fee and that money is quite heavy and now we are not hearing anything positive from the Embassy," one of them said.

Apart from that, the group told The Enquirer that they had to spend another $300 on medical examination.

"We had to pay money for police report clearing us of any criminal records," they told The Enquirer.

According to them, Embassy officials are now trying to use DS230 part one and two of the form to disqualify some of them.

That part of the form requires that the applicant should under affidavit provide the addresses of the person who supports him or her.

The motive is that winners of the lottery would not have the necessary documents while in the United States unless after one month.

Again, the applicant should provide the address of the person to stay with while in the United States.

The argument of the embassy, according to the group, is that they provided different addresses and that is why they are being disqualified.

They, however, told Thy Enquirer that it is possible to have two or more people accommodating a person and another supporting that person.

"Are the Embassy officials trying to tell us that we do not know how to provide information?

"We think that there is ,something fishy somewhere and that must be addressed in earnest for them to do the right thing" they said.

They, therefore, called on the Minister of Foreign Affairs Alhaji Mohammed Mumuni to intervene to ensure that they are given the right deal.

"We are appealing to the government through the Foreign Affairs Minister to help us solve the issue," they said,

Hi Mykoko,:mad::mad:

Thx for the above information from the Enquirer. If the reason the embassy is giving is true then my advice to fellow DV 2010 winners is that let's make sure the address of our sponsor (affidavide of support) is the same as the address of where we intend staying in the US.

OUR EFFORT SHALL NOT BE IN VAIN

You should ignore the website mention in ammeck09's post. That is not an official government site. All USA government site would end in .gov.

If you are interested in applying for the upcoming DV Lottery, you should go to the following site http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ for instructions and link to the actually application site.

Best of Luck to all those who enter the DV lottery

DV lottery apply will be possible only in the American Government's official web site for the DV 2011 program. And the Application form for the diversity visa lottery program only will be available as online E-DV application form. It will be available for a period of 60 days only in the month of October and November 2009.
DV 2011 start date: 2nd October 2009.
DV2011 close date: 30th November 2009

Those who want to apply for the DV-2011 must download the application forms from the U.S Government’s official web site and should fill it within the given 60 minutes of time and should be submitted along with the applicant’s digital photo file as instructed. If they couldn't do it in time, then they must download a new E-DV application form and must start the process.

The application can't be saved and used as it is an online submission form.

People living in the USA too can apply for this green card lottery, if they meet the eligibility. Also they can apply for their relatives and friends too regardless of in which country they are living now. Don’t forget a person can apply only one entry as a primary applicant. If applied more than one, all the entries will be rejected regardless of who submitted them.

If you are married, then you will get another part of application to be filled for your spouse. If you have eligible children then you will get one more part of the form for the child/children. Failure to include your spouse or your children will disqualify you from the green card lottery program.

If a husband and wife both meet the required eligibility requirements they each one can submit one entry as primary applicant with the spouse and eligible children. If any of them win the visa lottery the whole family can proceed with the immigrant visa application. If both of them win then the one with the highest qualification must proceed.

Application form and its content are available in English language only. The DV Lottery instructions are available in many regional languages in the internet. But the English language instruction is the official one.

http://www.dvlotteryapply.com/DV-2011/

this is really sad thats if it is true but lets be positive here it has shed some light hope everybody takes this into consideration

Last edited by a moderator:
You should ignore the website mention in ammeck09's post. That is not an official government site. All USA government site would end in .gov.

If you are interested in applying for the upcoming DV Lottery, you should go to the following site http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ for instructions and link to the actually application site.

Best of Luck to all those who enter the DV lottery

Note, Nowhere in my post did I mentioned that the link given below that post is the official website. I put that link simply because the information or explanation was quoted direct from there.

Some of the unofficial websites offers some valuable information to complement what we obtained from the official website.

Hi Mykoko,:mad::mad:

Thx for the above information from the Enquirer. If the reason the embassy is giving is true then my advice to fellow DV 2010 winners is that let's make sure the address of our sponsor (affidavide of support) is the same as the address of where we intend staying in the US.

OUR EFFORT SHALL NOT BE IN VAIN

This is why I'm trying to avoid them by doing my abroad. I know it's not everyone who can opt for this, but this is a good opportunity for me to avoid them.

What is the problem of staying at a different place other than your sponsor's home? These people are taking us for granted.

Good Luck

To those due 4 interview this month, i wish u all good luck and don't 4get to share your interview expierence.