• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Africa's advance notification for October is 8300 except Egypt 3100, Ethiopia 3900 and Nigeria 5500. Does it mean that winners from these 3 countries whose case numbers are below 8300 are not eligible for interview in October? Will somebody please explain?

This means that every applicant in Africa whose number is 8300 and below is current, except Egypt, Ethiopia and Nigeria. The applicant from Egypt will only be current in October if their case number is 3100 and below, those of Ethiopia will be current if their case number is 3900 and below, while Nigerian applicant will be current if their case numbers is 5500 and below. Hope this helps.

hi all,
i am a ghanaian and a winner of dv 2010. thanks all for the good works you have been doing here.

hi fkarcher,
since your last post we have not heard from you. it's better to always visit this forum for updates and clarify issues bothering you. thanks

Hi,
Am a Ghanaian and has been selected for further processing for the DV2010,my case number is AF00014***. I have a problem. I am a student at the university in my third year and will be graduating in June 2011. For all I know the DV lottery gives permanent resident status in the USA. If am granted the green card would that mean I would have to forgo my education. Can I also complete my university education before moving to the US.What are my options? Someone should please help.

Hi,
Am a Ghanaian and has been selected for further processing for the DV2010,my case number is AF00014***. I have a problem. I am a student at the university in my third year and will be graduating in June 2011. For all I know the DV lottery gives permanent resident status in the USA. If am granted the green card would that mean I would have to forgo my education. Can I also complete my university education before moving to the US.What are my options? Someone should please help.

Hi, after getting your visa, get to the USA and get your greencard, then apply for a re-entry permit if you're going to stay outside US for up to a year, at least, by then you would finish your uni. A re-entry permit allows you to leave the US as a greencard holder for up to a year and then come back, so that's okay for you..

I wrote the Private SSCE in 2006.Like I said earlier am a 3rd year student at uni. I have received the statement of results(provisional results) from WAEC but have not yet received my Certificate. I made inquiries at WAEC and was told my Certificate would be ready 4 years after taking the examinations, which means I might get my cert somewhere in 2010 or 2011. Can I therefore use the statement of results or what do I do

I wrote the Private SSCE in 2006.Like I said earlier am a 3rd year student at uni. I have received the statement of results(provisional results) from WAEC but have not yet received my Certificate. I made inquiries at WAEC and was told my Certificate would be ready 4 years after taking the examinations, which means I might get my cert somewhere in 2010 or 2011. Can I therefore use the statement of results or what do I do

All you need do is get your statement of result, buy a scratch card and take it along... that would suffice for the certificate you dont have, but you must ensure take a scratch card along so that they could verify online with that.

petit,
thanks for your good work, at least i have got someone to complement my work on this thread.

to mykoko,
you are welcome to the great dv-forum on the earth. keep checking and bring any issue bothering you here. i believe you will get your concerns addressed in case you bring them here.

I'm clueless on this issue.
Could experience forumers help?

Tax evasion in the United States is a serious offence, USCs even go to jail because of that if they fail to file their income tax. This is all I know! So this is a serious criminal offence.

Tax evasion in the United States is a serious offence, USCs even go to jail because of that if they fail to file their income tax. This is all I know! So this is a serious criminal offence.

petit, are you a Ghanaian or from Ghana?

I have another issue. From the current visa bulletin it looks like I might become current in November. my number is Af000140**. I hear when the interview is successful you will be given a six months visa. Which means I might have up until May to leave the country. My uni also vacates around the first week in July. Now my question is can the 6months visa be post dated so that it expires around the ending of July or do I have to request a change of date when my interview is due in November.

Mykoko, what if your case does not become current in November? I just want to advise you to remain calm instead of being too speculative. You have the right to reschedule your appointment whenever you think it would be to your disadvantage. Bear also in mind that, rescheduling appointments can be detrimental

I have another issue. From the current visa bulletin it looks like I might become current in November. my number is Af000140**. I hear when the interview is successful you will be given a six months visa. Which means I might have up until May to leave the country. My uni also vacates around the first week in July. Now my question is can the 6months visa be post dated so that it expires around the ending of July or do I have to request a change of date when my interview is due in November.

As you have been told, you can reschedule your appointment because this way, ur case number is current in October, and you can reschedule your interview till around February which sincerely could be risky as NAA as already advised, so the ball is in your court.

Hi
I sent a mail to KCC trying to confirm if my forms has been delivered and are being processed. The sent me a reply saying

Thank you for your inquiry.
Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow two to four weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner.

It's been over 2 months since I submitted my forms. I forgot to write my case number on upper right hand corner on each form. Does anyone think this might have caused the delay in my forms being processed.

Hi
I sent a mail to KCC trying to confirm if my forms has been delivered and are being processed. The sent me a reply saying

Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow two to four weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner.

It's been over 2 months since I submitted my forms. I forgot to write my case number on upper right hand corner on each form. Does anyone think this might have caused the delay in my forms being processed.

It's very strange because their response shows either they have not receive your application or it has not been processed. Mine was 5 weeks and they confirmed receipt. Just relax and send another email in about two weeks time.

Hi

i aint scaring you but this is crucial and you have two options here to call them and tell them that you forgot to put your CN on top right corner OR hold on TIGHT ...your choice

If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner"....WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ?? Does this mean that a High number submitted earlier would be sheduld for an interview earlier than a rather lower CLOSE number E.G CN : 2010AF00020000 IS RECEIVED A MONTH EARLIER THAN 2010AF00019999 WILL 20000'S INTERVIEW COME FIRST THAN 19999'S ????

Still not sent the forms

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner"....WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ?? Does this mean that a High number submitted earlier would be sheduld for an interview earlier than a rather lower CLOSE number E.G CN : 2010AF00020000 IS RECEIVED A MONTH EARLIER THAN 2010AF00019999 WILL 20000'S INTERVIEW COME FIRST THAN 19999'S ????

Hi, first of all, it's not advisable to put the whole digits of your CN in a public forum like this.

The answer to your question is both yes and no. Yes in the sense that someone who submits his forms late can be affected especially when it's a low number. Hence, if someone with a CN of 2010AF00005000 submit his forms in about a month before his CN becomes current, that person can have his interview after someone with a CN of 2010AF00005200 who submitted his forms three months before being current. Thus, it depends on when the number becomes current and when the forms is sent to KCC.