• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi,
I and my wife went to the embassy today for the results of our Admin process and by the grace of God and the prophecy of Alexee as quoted above, the August is here and our case has been aproved and visa collection ticket issued to us for us to come for visa in three weeks time. Thank you all for you words of encouragement. God bless us.

i however observed something. i met alot of people there who were all coming for the Admin. process results. i was wondering why? does the embassy delibrately put all DV applicant on admin process?

Hi yaro,

Congratulation my brother. In three weeks time, your visa will be cooked for you to go and eat. I also don't know why the embassy puts almost every applicant to administrative processing. I remember almost all the applicant i started my DV process with were also put under administrative processing. This is however not the case in Nigeria.

Hi,
I and my wife went to the embassy today for the results of our Admin process and by the grace of God and the prophecy of Alexee as quoted above, the August is here and our case has been aproved and visa collection ticket issued to us for us to come for visa in three weeks time. Thank you all for you words of encouragement. God bless us.

i however observed something. i met alot of people there who were all coming for the Admin. process results. i was wondering why? does the embassy delibrately put all DV applicant on admin process?

Congrats Yaro. I believe that once all of your documentation are genuine, you should not be afraid of AP. The only thing is that it is a bit fristrating to be waiting for that long.

Hi,
Congratulations to you and your wife, I am really happy for you for having your visa application approved.

That is the norm in Ghana, I think in only few cases that dv visa applications are approved the same day. All the rest are put under administration process that's why only a few gets the visa at the end.

I could see that all the interview experiences I've read in this forum about Ghanaians involves administrative process. The question is 'why almost everyone'? Why can't they emulate their Nigerian counterpart?

Let's pray steadfastly that our colleagues who will attend their interview in August and September do not face such problems. I remember last year a lot of dv visa applicants went on demonstration against the US embassy for deliberately putting their applications under administrative process thereby not able to get their applications completed before the fiscal year (30 September).

hmmmm something must be done about this!

I could see that all the interview experiences I've read in this forum about Ghanaians involves administrative process. The question is 'why almost everyone'? Why can't they emulate their Nigerian counterpart?

Let's pray steadfastly that our colleagues who will attend their interview in August and September do not face such problems. I remember last year a lot of dv visa applicants went on demonstration against the US embassy for deliberately putting their applications under administrative process thereby not able to get their applications completed before the fiscal year (30 September).

Ammeck, i hate the word administrative processing . Just imagine winning the lottery in April 2009, waiting to be current in February 2010 at your first interview you are put under admn processing to reappear on April. My good brother it's not easy, especially when you read of the success story of your colleges on this forum every day. The emotional trauma one goes through cannot be describe, the sleepless nights and the thought of not knowing your faith alone can let you lose some weight. Once again i hate admn processing and i wish the US embassy in Ghana can do something about it or emulate their Nigerians counterpart.

ammeck,

It's like a treand and which must be stoped. Do you know the reason for this?. Last year our Government conplained that DV process in Nigeria is very slow, you can see that DV 2010 process was a bit faster compare to previous years. Your Government need to have a chat with US embassador, it migh help.

ammeck,

It's like a treand and which must be stoped. Do you know the reason for this?. Last year our Government conplained that DV process in Nigeria is very slow, you can see that DV 2010 process was a bit faster compare to previous years. Your Government need to have a chat with US embassador, it migh help.

Hi,
I wish Ghana government will intervene. i rememeber the DV2009 applicant called on the ministry of foreign affairs to intervene on their behalf when the embassy was delaying their visa processes but i dont know if the government responded to their call. Somthing must realy be done.

Hi,
I wish Ghana government will intervene. i rememeber the DV2009 applicant called on the ministry of foreign affairs to intervene on their behalf when the embassy was delaying their visa processes but i dont know if the government responded to their call. Somthing must realy be done.

Being unconcerned about other people's problems (not on this forum though) is a typical phenomena that is evident in many Ghanaians either resident or abroad. This is also demonstrated by our leaders right from the top of government to the ordinary KVIP warden independent of the party in power. Being selected alone should be enough to qualify anybody to immigrate except if the person proofs otherwise. Selectees in Ghana therefore need a political voice to back them in their struggle to immigrate. If more than 60% of Ghanaian selectees are denied, then they must as well tell us not to enter the DV lottery. Period.

Being unconcerned about other people's problems (not on this forum though) is a typical phenomena that is evident in many Ghanaians either resident or abroad. This is also demonstrated by our leaders right from the top of government to the ordinary KVIP warden independent of the party in power. Being selected alone should be enough to qualify anybody to immigrate except if the person proofs otherwise. Selectees in Ghana therefore need a political voice to back them in their struggle to immigrate. If more than 60% of Ghanaian selectees are denied, then they must as well tell us not to enter the DV lottery. Period.
I 100% suppport you but my only fear is those our brothers and sisters going to their interview in August and September.May the Almighty God let their visas be granted isntantly to avoid AP.Amen!

I 100% suppport you but my only fear is those our brothers and sisters going to their interview in August and September.May the Almighty God let their visas be granted isntantly to avoid AP.Amen!

Haleluyah........................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that.... In His Mighty name, success would be theirs without AP.

Thanks alexee and ammeck09 but the AP is making me scared cos my interview is this month. IN...GOD...WE...TRUST.

Don't worry, keep on praying because the almighty who gave you this chance and taken you this far will not abandon you in the middle of the sea. In the end, your story will not be different from us.

Don't worry, keep on praying because the almighty who gave you this chance and taken you this far will not abandon you in the middle of the sea. In the end, your story will not be different from us.
Thanks ammeck09,am grateful.I just dont know what am gon do without,u guys.

Guys please,i have a question.I read the nigerian thread and i learn that,the nigerians in their interviews they are normally asked questions about their high school e.g english..idioms,nouns,verbs. is it also done in Ghana.

Guys please,i have a question.I read the nigerian thread and i learn that,the nigerians in their interviews they are normally asked questions about their high school e.g english..idioms,nouns,verbs. is it also done in Ghana.

There are no set pattern for visa interviews, but for dv visa applications they have to ensure that you are the rightful owner of the certificate you professed you owned - because that's the qualifying criteria. If high school is your highest qualification, that's where you will get questions from. If you have a higher qualification, then be prepared to know more about the subjects and your project area (aims and conclusions) if any.

There are no set pattern for visa interviews, but for dv visa applications they have to ensure that you are the rightful owner of the certificate you professed you owned - because that's the qualifying criteria. If high school is your highest qualification, that's where you will get questions from. If you have a higher qualification, then be prepared to know more about the subjects and your project area (aims and conclusions) if any.
Thanks once again ammeck09,i feel much better now and patiently waiting for the d-day.