• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi mykoko,

Thx 4 letting us know ur preparation towards ur next month interview. We all pray that u sail through successfully. Two questions 4 u.

1.How much is the cost of e medicals and e police report?
2. From what u are saying thus it mean it takes a week for both e medicals n the police report to be ready?

1. The cost of the medicals is cheaper at AKAI house than at HOLY TRINITY. Initially I went to Holy Trinity and was told the medicals will cost me GHC380 ($262). When I went to AKAI the total cost was GHC330($227) meaning there is a difference of GHC500($35).I therefore did my medicals at AKAI. It takes between a week or two to get your medicals report. I told them I needed it urgently and was told to come next week for the report. Anyway AKAI is no more at OSU they are now right adjacent the American Embassy in Cantoments.
2. As a matter of fact I have been asked to come for my police report tommorow. Well let's just say I know someone there who decided to fast track the process for me.

1. The cost of the medicals is cheaper at AKAI house than at HOLY TRINITY. Initially I went to Holy Trinity and was told the medicals will cost me GHC380 ($262). When I went to AKAI the total cost was GHC330($227) meaning there is a difference of GHC500($35).I therefore did my medicals at AKAI. It takes between a week or two to get your medicals report. I told them I needed it urgently and was told to come next week for the report. Anyway AKAI is no more at OSU they are now right adjacent the American Embassy in Cantoments.
2. As a matter of fact I have been asked to come for my police report tommorow. Well let's just say I know someone there who decided to fast track the process for me.

Hi mykoko,

Thx 4 responding to my question. This is an example of the kind of infor we need from each other. Imagine how important this infor will be for a family of six members preparing towards their medicals.
Once again, the house is praying 4 u.

Hi mykoko,

Thx 4 responding to my question. This is an example of the kind of infor we need from each other. Imagine how important this infor will be for a family of six members preparing towards their medicals.
Once again, the house is praying 4 u.

Thanks bro
I know with the grace of GOD I will make it.

Is't possible to fall on you so that you contact this man to fast track mine too? I know I've to 'grease his hands' but that is not a problem.

Is't possible to fall on you so that you contact this man to fast track mine too? I know I've to 'grease his hands' but that is not a problem.

Ammeck09 I will find out from him when I go for my report tommorow. I will get back to you with his response.

I went for my police certificate yesterday. It's just a certificate that says am not in the criminal records of Ghana and that also has my picture embossed on it.

Still waiting!
Don't you have your foto embossed on the police certificate?

Just sent you a private message.
Yeah.
They take your passport picture at the police headquarters. one of your passport photos is embossed on the certificate with the Ghana Police Service hologram on it. There are a lot of security features on the certificate.

Hi guys,

I have another question, but first let me give you a lil background so you can understand why I'm asking the question. I currently live in Canada on a work permit, I came here as a student and got the work permit after graduation. I have a 5 year US visitors visa (B1) which expires May 2010. My question is: is it possible to travel to the US this xmas using the B1 or impossible since I have shown the "intent to immigrate" by winning DV2010? I know renewing my visa is totally out of the question but I was wondering if I can still use the B1 it till it expires? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I have another question, but first let me give you a lil background so you can understand why I'm asking the question. I currently live in Canada on a work permit, I came here as a student and got the work permit after graduation. I have a 5 year US visitors visa (B1) which expires May 2010. My question is: is it possible to travel to the US this xmas using the B1 or impossible since I have shown the "intent to immigrate" by winning DV2010? I know renewing my visa is totally out of the question but I was wondering if I can still use the B1 it till it expires? Thanks in advance.

Kimathy,

You don't have problem,the immigration officers will not stop you from entering the states. However if they do, it doesn't change anything. But it is unlikely that they will prevent u.

Like i said give it a try, it will not change anything.

To me, the time it takes for the whole process is the main issue. I got the notification letter in May 2009 and I've to wait till May or June 2010 to know my fate.

Hey guys, Hope all is well.
Ma first letter was dated 23rd April 2009 but I recieved it on 8th July 2009. Ammeck09, do you mean that I will have to wait till around that same time next year for my 2nd letter??? I need to know so that I limit on my trips to the post office. That is a long wait, the process is really cumbersome!

I need your advise on this issue;

I have a friend who is married to an American citizen and they have a baby together. Ma friend can not go the states without the hubby petioning for her but by the look of things, the hubby doen't wan my friend to go the states. Remember he is in the states and he comes in once in awhile. He has excuses like, he doen't wan his son to grow up in America because of drugs, the kids are so unruly and so on. Ma friend and I think that these are silly excuses. Is there a way that she can apply as an individual without stating her status and her application remains valid. If she mentions married, they are going to ask for the hubby's pic and we are so certain that he won't send it. ( he is in USA now) and the program is ending anytime! Please advise us.

I went for my police certificate yesterday. It's just a certificate that says am not in the criminal records of Ghana and that also has my picture embossed on it.

So happy for you man :D! Ma prayers with you. You are going to make us Proud :).

Ma first letter was dated 23rd April 2009 but I recieved it on 8th July 2009. Ammeck09, do you mean that I will have to wait till around that same time next year for my 2nd letter??? I need to know so that I limit on my trips to the post office. That is a long wait, the process is really cumbersome!

I have a friend who is married to an American citizen and they have a baby together. Ma friend can not go the states without the hubby petioning for her but by the look of things, the hubby doen't wan my friend to go the states. Remember he is in the states and he comes in once in awhile. He has excuses like, he doen't wan his son to grow up in America because of drugs, the kids are so unruly and so on. Ma friend and I think that these are silly excuses. Is there a way that she can apply as an individual without stating her status and her application remains valid. If she mentions married, they are going to ask for the hubby's pic and we are so certain that he won't send it. ( he is in USA now) and the program is ending anytime! Please advise us.

I said that based on my case number. It's not the same for everyone.

For your friend's issue, once their marriage is not registered in the US, she can apply as an individual. But the problem will come from her son because she needs to state in the application if she is married, divorced or separated. If she wins she will need the consent of the husband before she is giving the visa.

Mr S,

Is she legally married?, if yes i'm afraid there is nothing she can do, execpt she fires for a divoce. However if they are not legally married, she can apply for DV 2011, who says u can not be a single and have children(she can apply as a single parent), she doesn't need anybody's approval.

Kimathy,

You don't have problem,the immigration officers will not stop you from entering the states. However if they do, it doesn't change anything. But it is unlikely that they will prevent u.

Like i said give it a try, it will not change anything.

Thank you so much for the response Joequi :D

I said that based on my case number. It's not the same for everyone.

Ammeck09, you see our case numbers are almost in the same category. Ma first NL was also dated 23rd April 2009. According to what I can gather, I will have to wait untill around the same time next year.
If alexee357 hadn't mentioned a thing about the process and you not replied, then i wouldn't have known.Knowledge is powerful, now I don have to frequent the post office every after the other week.

About ma friend, I guess she will apply as a single mom while she figures out her hubby. They were married here and i highly doubt that the hubby took the neccesary steps to register the marriage in the states.
i forgot to tell you guys that she had applied for a US visa some time back as a vistor and she was denied cause she mentioned she was married to Us Citizen. The embassy told her about the petioning process then and told her that she doen't qualify for vistor's visa [it doen't matter wat she does]. my question is, if she wins the DV, wont they find out the truth? Is there a way that she can beat this? Say get another passport and so forth?

Hello House,

My heart beats any time i read of a dv interview success from our Nigerian brothers thread. The question i ask myself is that when are we going to see a succes story like that on our thread?

All the same we shd congratulate them for we are all learning alot from their expirence.

Hello House,

My heart beats any time i read of a dv interview success from our Nigerian brothers thread. The question i ask myself is that when are we going to see a succes story like that on our thread?

All the same we shd congratulate them for we are all learning alot from their expirence.

Very soon bro, very very soon.