• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hey guys, Hope all is well.

I need your advise on this issue;

I have a friend who is married to an American citizen and they have a baby together. Ma friend can not go the states without the hubby petioning for her but by the look of things, the hubby doen't wan my friend to go the states. Remember he is in the states and he comes in once in awhile. He has excuses like, he doen't wan his son to grow up in America because of drugs, the kids are so unruly and so on. Ma friend and I think that these are silly excuses. Is there a way that she can apply as an individual without stating her status and her application remains valid. If she mentions married, they are going to ask for the hubby's pic and we are so certain that he won't send it. ( he is in USA now) and the program is ending anytime! Please advise us.

From the situation described, it doesn't look like the marriage was registered in the US. So tell your friend to go ahead and apply as a single mom. Good luck to her.

Very soon bro, very very soon.

Hi Bro,

I like ur confidence n as our forum captain (ammeck09) said, we are all with in prayers. 4 sure i know u'll be e first to give us e first Ghanaian experience. We can't wait to hear from u. Congrats in advance.

Hi Bro,

I like ur confidence n as our forum captain (ammeck09) said, we are all with in prayers. 4 sure i know u'll be e first to give us e first Ghanaian experience. We can't wait to hear from u. Congrats in advance.

Yea, we can't wait for this 'positive outcome'. We all know it's going to be positive, what we are waiting for is the first-hand experience account from our consulate.

Hi,
it's been a while.My interview is in two weeks. Can't wait.
I am standing as a candidate for One Young World, a platform where I can represent my generation and my country on some of the greatest challenges ahead. Help me become a delegate by voting for me now!
http://apps.facebook.com/oywcandidates/entry/1381/

That is not a problem, we will surely vote for you. Only my work computer does not allow me to use facebook at the moment, but once I get home I will give you my one vote.

That is not a problem, we will surely vote for you. Only my work computer does not allow me to use facebook at the moment, but once I get home I will give you my one vote.

Just voted for you, but could not pledge any monetary assistance. Hope those with the means should not just vote for you, but pledge a monetary assistance as well. Good Luck

According to the Chief of the Consular Section of the American Embassy in Ghana, only about half of the over 7,000 dv-2009 winners did applied for visa. Going by this assertion, there is the likelihood that only about 4,000 winners will go ahead to apply for visa in this term.

Maybe, this accounted for the low level of Ghanaian winners' involvement in this forum.

According to the Chief of the Consular Section of the American Embassy in Ghana, only about half of the over 7,000 dv-2009 winners did applied for visa. Going by this assertion, there is the likelihood that only about 4,000 winners will go ahead to apply for visa in this term.

Maybe, this accounted for the low level of Ghanaian winners' involvement in this forum.

Hi ammeck09,

I now understand why even though our country had e highest winning numbers we can't see dem here. I think this is bad news 4 our country in general but on e other hand, it will increase the chance of those of us who applied for the visa especially those of us on this thread.

hello everyone. i am sorry that i havent updated the house on my progress,pls forgive me. my interview was on the 20 of oct which was a tuesday. it went well by God grace. i picked up the visa on that friday which was 23rd of oct. the procedure is like has been earlier described by other forumers. you present all your documents and are asked quetions based on them so just relax follow instructions and ans ques simply. GODLESS!

Hi awuk,

Could u pls do as a favour by sharing ur interview expirence with us? E house is still waiting.

Hi awuk,

Could u pls do as a favour by sharing ur interview expirence with us? E house is still waiting.

awuk was a regular member and contributor to this forum but since he/she got the visa that was his/her only post. I'm saddened by his/her refusal to share his/her experience with us, but whatever happens we will sail through.

Guys, the forum is very quiet, why? Or people are waiting for the next visa bulletin to know what to do next?

I am sure most forumers are waiting patiently for the next visa bulletin. Hope the numbers increase astronomically high, and to those already allocated interview dates - hope you find favour from the almighty God.

Hi
My interview is on 14th December(Monday). I'm asking all members to remember me in prayers. I will be back to share my interview experience. I would also like to thank all those who voted for me to become a One Young World delegate.
Regards.

Hi
My interview is on 14th December(Monday). I'm asking all members to remember me in prayers. I will be back to share my interview experience. I would also like to thank all those who voted for me to become a One Young World delegate.
Regards.

Hi, we will not forget you in our daily prayers until we hear the good news from you, and then of course your experience. Have faith in the almighty because the battle has been fought already and victory has been yours.

Hi
Regards.

We are definitely with you in our prayers. In fact, we humbly ask the Almighty God to be your spokesman before, during and after interview. Please, my advice is; never imitate someone, but always be what you are. The EYE CONTACT IS VERY IMPORTANT.