• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Good morning everyone,
I have a little problem,the person we intent staying with in America has refuse to assist us.He told my husband friend that he can no longer assist us,and my husband knew him though his friend, and we have already used the person's address on our form.We don't know what to do,although we have gotten another person in America that is willing to help us, but i think its already late to change the address on the form.Our interview is 2nd week of October.My fear is that i don't know if the consular officer is going to call the person on phone,who knows if the person is going to tell the consular officer that he does not know us.Pls i really need help, we dont know what to do.
Secondly, please i want to know if consular officer do call the person in America, i mean the person one is going to stay with.the person on the form.

I greet evry1 in dis forum. U guys should pls, pardon my absence in d house. Actually, i hav been so busy wit my travelling arrangement stuff, but i thank God evry tin is now Settled. I hav finally booked a flight wit Air France n Delta Air Line. Air France will take me frm Lagos to Atlanta GA (11hrs 45min non-stop). I will wait 4 3hrs in Atlanta b4 Departing with Delta Air line to Idianapolis (52minutes). I bought both Ticket on line. Air France $1791 for round trip, Delta Air line $89. I was told by both offices that Round trip is cheaper than one way. It's nt a must u return @ d returnin date. By his Grace, I'm travelling next wk. My advise 4those goin 4 interview: dnt panic, be confident n say smth weneva d CO asked u questns. Even though u dnt knw it, try 2say smth smart or tell him/her wit a smile dat u dnt hav an idea. Always maintain Eye contact wit d CO. Above all pray to God 4Success. I'm alwys online, feel free 2add me on fbk by sendin me a frnd request or chat wit me on Yahoo Messenger. My E-mail is written below: gra8luckystar@yahoo.com. God Bless u all.... (Amen).

Ohis,
Safe journey my friend, please be expecting My humble self, Ayalagos, Crownvictory and ddoonn very soon.

One love.

Please any one with information about the amount to be paid to the cashier on the day of interview, I mean in dollars, your information will be really helpful, thank you. one love.

I had dat same problem

Good morning everyone,
I have a little problem,the person we intent staying with in America has refuse to assist us.He told my husband friend that he can no longer assist us,and my husband knew him though his friend, and we have already used the person's address on our form.We don't know what to do,although we have gotten another person in America that is willing to help us, but i think its already late to change the address on the form.Our interview is 2nd week of October.My fear is that i don't know if the consular officer is going to call the person on phone,who knows if the person is going to tell the consular officer that he does not know us.Pls i really need help, we dont know what to do.
Secondly, please i want to know if consular officer do call the person in America, i mean the person one is going to stay with.the person on the form.
Omosede
u knw wht? I had exactly d same problem to. The person i intend stayin wit in New Jersey, denied 2host me 2days b4 my interview. I was scared bt som1 in dis forum assured me nt 2worry, dat i should stil use d same person even if i'm nt goin 2stay wit him. But, as God we have it, dey didn't ask me any questn abt my host. I also hav a frnd (ddoon) i introduced to dis forum. He had dis same problem to. His own is even tougher than ours. When he filled his DS-230 form, he didn't write any host, Infact he left dat field blank. One week 2his interview, he got a host, he typed d host name, address and phone number. He took it along wit him 2d Embassy. On the day of d interview they asked him 'Mr man, u dnt hav any host?' he replied, 'I have'. The CO said, 'bt it's nt written in ur form'. Ddoon replied, 'YES, but i hav it wit me'. The CO said, 'Ok! Bring it'. He collected it frm him n dat was all. My sistr, just do wht ddoon did. Print out the name, address n phone numbr of d new host. Incase they ask, just tell dem dat u hav changed host. That's all. Hope dis resolve d host problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohis,
Safe journey my friend, please be expecting My humble self, Ayalagos, Crownvictory and ddoonn very soon.

One love.

I forgot to mention our one and only donsino, of course he will be coming to the states very soon.

One love

Good morning everyone,

Hi Omosede, don't worry at all! On your day of interview, you can tell the CO to change your sponsor. This is not a problem.
It can be also that you will not be asked at all. As Ohis said, Print out the name, address n phone numbr of d new host. And above all, just trust in the Lord, He will do, amen! Peace! Benniit

Hi Shakkyt,
I sent the e mail to kcc on Monday and got the response on Tuesday. They wrote " your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing." They did not give me any specific interview dates.

Good morning everyone,

Omosede,
Though that was then, however, let me share something relating to ur question: Yes sometimes CO phone ur sponsor; in my case he was called to affirm something.
Now that your guy is not willing to be ur sponsor, no major problem, do not pick offence, 4 you will still need him.
1) pray that CO will not call him.
2) pray that if they do, he/she will give a positive comment on your person.
3) if u scale through all these (which I pray u do), ur GC will be sent to his address/your initial sponsor's address.

In my case, my sponsor changed accommodation; I was aware though, and changed it at POE, still my GC was sent to his old address; when it was not claimed it was returned.
Thats why u see that my GC was very very late in coming.

So, please maintain good relationship with him, as from 2 or 3 weeks start going to your old sponsor's place for ur GC. For it longer if it was not claim.

However, I pray u will not be subjected to all these hugs.
Good luck and God bless.
Navigator

Thank you ehis, bennit and navigator for all your contributions. i am really happy now,i will do exactly what you guys has said.Ehis i wish you all the best in your preparation to America.may thy lord grant you safe journey.

a fried's wife is current 4 October, and one of her o'level result has a wrong date of birth. wat do u think?????????

Good morning everyone,

Hello, I dont think this should be a problem. You can always change your sponsor when you go for the interview.

Great guys in the house i greet u all. ur info has been so useful to every members of this forum. may God richly bless u all. p/s i need help from this house,my interview is coming up next month. i'm a medical doctor preparing for interview. i have read several thread from this forum,and some interview from bankers, and engineers etc. but i have not come across interview of a medical doctor. can some body gist me how the interview of a medical doctor goes. or refer me to any page where i can read about an interview from a medical doctor. ur assistant will be highly appreciated. p/s guys help oooooooo

I Doubt it

Omosede,
Though that was then, however, let me share something relating to ur question: Yes sometimes CO phone ur sponsor; in my case he was called to affirm something.
Now that your guy is not willing to be ur sponsor, no major problem, do not pick offence, 4 you will still need him.
1) pray that CO will not call him.
2) pray that if they do, he/she will give a positive comment on your person.
3) if u scale through all these (which I pray u do), ur GC will be sent to his address/your initial sponsor's address.

In my case, my sponsor changed accommodation; I was aware though, and changed it at POE, still my GC was sent to his old address; when it was not claimed it was returned.
Thats why u see that my GC was very very late in coming.

So, please maintain good relationship with him, as from 2 or 3 weeks start going to your old sponsor's place for ur GC. For it longer if it was not claim.

However, I pray u will not be subjected to all these hugs.
Good luck and God bless.
Navigator
Navigator
i believed, u didn't submit ur new address @d POE. If u do, they would hav taken ur GC 2ur New Address. There are many pple in dis forum dat changed there address n didn't encounter dis problem.

Thank you ehis, bennit and navigator for all your contributions. i am really happy now,i will do exactly what you guys has said.Ehis i wish you all the best in your preparation to America.may thy lord grant you safe journey.
Amen!
Thanks 4ur prayers. Dn't worry abt ur interview, ur success is already 100% guaranteed. Infact, Congratulatn in Advance!

this goes to Ohis, Joequi, and all others who got their visas.. pls in ur passport, where they ve written "registration num, does it start with an "A"??

What do you guys think about flying January 2011 to the states.... do u think i shud get my tickets now or buy then... i feel there wud be rush you know... to all the experienced i need answers... turkish flies to chicago (ORD) for just 178k and some change.... FLY NOW!!!!!!

Helo everyone, pls i need ur response. KCC says it takes 8-12 wks to process an application form. I want to knw if it's 8-12 wks counting 4rm d day they recieve one's forms or 8-12 wks for processing d forms alone.

this goes to Ohis, Joequi, and all others who got their visas.. pls in ur passport, where they ve written "registration num, does it start with an "A"??

That is the ''A'' number on an immigrant visa and you can use that to track the status of your GC issuance online. If you call USCIS on phone, they will request for the ''A'' number on your visa. Hope this helps!!!