• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

That is the ''A'' number on an immigrant visa and you can use that to track the status of your GC issuance online. If you call USCIS on phone, they will request for the ''A'' number on your visa. Hope this helps!!!

theres no number starting with an A on my visa

Yeah

this goes to Ohis, Joequi, and all others who got their visas.. pls in ur passport, where they ve written "registration num, does it start with an "A"??
Delay021
yeah! Wht Ben Emman said is accurate. "A" is in my visa as well.

Helo everyone, pls i need
ur response. KCC says it
takes 8-12 wks to process
an application form. I
want to knw if it's 8-12
wks counting 4rm d day
they recieve one's forms
or 8-12 wks for
processing d forms alone.

Helo everyone, pls i need
ur response. KCC says it
takes 8-12 wks to process
an application form. I
want to knw if it's 8-12
wks counting 4rm d day
they recieve one's forms
or 8-12 wks for
processing d forms alone.

Usually KCC will be able to tell you whether your forms qualifies for further processing after 8-12 weeks of you submitting them. Which means they will take about that number of weeks to finish processing your docs after they have been received awaiting your number to be current and hence an interview date scheduled.

delays,

I think it starts with an 'A", however i will confirm.

delays,

i just confirmed ours now, the only "A" i saw was the passport number, but the registration number did not start with any alphabets it was just numbers.

Ohis & Ben Emma please re-confirm

One love

Last edited by a moderator:
delays,

i just confirmed ours now, the only "A" i saw was the passport number, but the registration number did not start with any alphabets it was just numbers.

One love

Q. What is the USCIS number listed on the front of the card?

A. The USCIS number is the same as the alien registration number, commonly known as “A” number, but without the “A” prefix. The USCIS number or alien registration number is also listed on the back of the redesigned Green Card (i.e., A# 000-000-000).

The “A” number for an individual will not change, but it may be referred to as a “USCIS number,” “alien registration number” or “alien number” interchangeably.

When providing the “A” number to USCIS, either through answering a query or requesting a benefit, please include the prefix “A” in front of the digits.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

The A-number is referred to as Alien Registration Number. Every immigrant visa has a registration number albeit without the ''A'' which stands for Alien. However, you must mention this ''A'' with the registration number (like A412XXXX....) when making an enquiry from USCIS. I called them few times because of the delay in my GC when we came in then and they told me to always add the prefix - ''A''.

Hope this helps!

cheers

Q. What is the USCIS number listed on the front of the card?

A. The USCIS number is the same as the alien registration number, commonly known as “A” number, but without the “A” prefix. The USCIS number or alien registration number is also listed on the back of the redesigned Green Card (i.e., A# 000-000-000).

The “A” number for an individual will not change, but it may be referred to as a “USCIS number,” “alien registration number” or “alien number” interchangeably.

When providing the “A” number to USCIS, either through answering a query or requesting a benefit, please include the prefix “A” in front of the digits.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

The A-number is referred to as Alien Registration Number. Every immigrant visa has a registration number albeit without the ''A'' which stands for Alien. However, you must mention this ''A'' with the registration number (like A412XXXX....) when making an enquiry from USCIS. I called them few times because of the delay in my GC when we came in then and they told me to always add the prefix - ''A''.

Hope this helps!

cheers

yeaa we understand but on our visa to enter the states,,theres no A.

yeaa we understand but on our visa to enter the states,,theres no A.

Hi,

Ben already gave a perfect answer. The passport number starts with "A" but that's not the "A" in question. The "A" number simply means Alien Number. It is the registration number on your visa but it does not start with the prefix "A"

Check ur Data page summary

delays,

One love
Joequi
They omitted d 'A' in d Visa bt if u check d data page summary, u wil find out Reg starts wit 'A'.

Please 2010 and 2011 winners, help me imagine when this winner:2011AF000049XX will be,judging by October's cut-off mark and previous happenings. I want to believe his Case File Number could be high. He is a pal. We are preparing to enter for 2012's.Thanks and good-luck to all.

Hi Ferdiii,
What is the country of chageability of your pal? If he is not from Ethiopia, Nigeria or Egypt, then his number will definitely be called for an interview late next year. If he is from one of the above three countries, there is a high likelyhood of not being called for an interview. Good luck.

Hi Ferdiii,
What is the country of chageability of your pal? If he is not from Ethiopia, Nigeria or Egypt, then his number will definitely be called for an interview late next year. If he is from one of the above three countries, there is a high likelyhood of not being called for an interview. Good luck.

This is the case file number in full:2011AF00004956. He is from Anambra,Nigeria. So he'll be hoping many do miss up at their interviews, so that he can get that final shot like it happened for 2010 edition. At the end everyone was current.

Thanks for ur response, all that best! But his number is lower than urs, Labora2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferdiii,
Are u saying his number is 2011AF00004956? I thought his number is 49560. So I don't understand why you are worried. His number is current for October 2010.

Please 2010 and 2011 winners, help me imagine when this winner:2011AF000049XX will be,judging by October's cut-off mark and previous happenings. I want to believe his Case File Number could be high. He is a pal. We are preparing to enter for 2012's.Thanks and good-luck to all.

Helo Ferdiii,
From the posting No. 4525 of this forum pg 148, the bulletin advance info, Nigeria has 10,000. This means that your guy who has AF000049XX is even the 49XXth person on the queue.

Just get ready or ask your guy to get ready.
Thanks and Goodluck.
Navigator

Helo Ferdiii,
From the posting No. 4525 of this forum pg 148, the bulletin advance info, Nigeria has 10,000. This means that your guy who has AF000049XX is even the 49XXth person on the queue.

Just get ready or ask your guy to get ready.
Thanks and Goodluck.
Navigator

Hi Navigator,

Your POE as per your signature is Atlanta which will also be my POE. So, are u presently staying in Atlanta or it was just your POE?

I would like to know any member who is already in Atlanta.

Thanks