• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Hello house,

Please, I need your beautiful answers to this issue in order to arrive at a beautiful conclusion.

I realized that flight to Atlanta via Delta & other European airlines is on the high side. It is logical and cheaper to fly via any of Emirate, Turkish, Qatar or Air Maroc to a nearby state like Chicago, Houston - Texas or New York & then get another flight to Atlanta? But I'm not sure if there will be an issue if I use that idea because:

1. Since Atlanta is my final destination will I surrender my package & passport to the immigration at the first POE or I should ignore the immigration at that moment till I get to Atlanta?

2. The flight from the first POE is an international flight while from there to Atlanta will be a local flight. If I ignore the immigration at the first airport, will they accept it at the 2nd airport?

Submitting the package to the immigration at an airport other than that of the final destination will surely delay the arrival of the SSN & green card.

I need your answers & suggestions to these questions.

One love.

Hello house,

Please, I need your beautiful answers to this issue in order to arrive at a beautiful conclusion.

I realized that flight to Atlanta via Delta & other European airlines is on the high side. It is logical and cheaper to fly via any of Emirate, Turkish, Qatar or Air Maroc to a nearby state like Chicago, Houston - Texas or New York & then get another flight to Atlanta? But I'm not sure if there will be an issue if I use that idea because:

1. Since Atlanta is my final destination will I surrender my package & passport to the immigration at the first POE or I should ignore the immigration at that moment till I get to Atlanta?

2. The flight from the first POE is an international flight while from there to Atlanta will be a local flight. If I ignore the immigration at the first airport, will they accept it at the 2nd airport?

Submitting the package to the immigration at an airport other than that of the final destination will surely delay the arrival of the SSN & green card.

I need your answers & suggestions to these questions.

One love.

Ajalagos,

Your first POE is where you will surrender all documents and there is no way you can ignore the immigration officers because there will be only 2 exit gate - for citizen/permanent residence and another for Visitors.

However using another POE other than your main destination will not delay either your GC or SSN. What will always delays it in some cases is change of address.

One love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q. What is the USCIS number listed on the front of the card?

A. The USCIS number is the same as the alien registration number, commonly known as “A” number, but without the “A” prefix. The USCIS number or alien registration number is also listed on the back of the redesigned Green Card (i.e., A# 000-000-000).

The “A” number for an individual will not change, but it may be referred to as a “USCIS number,” “alien registration number” or “alien number” interchangeably.

When providing the “A” number to USCIS, either through answering a query or requesting a benefit, please include the prefix “A” in front of the digits.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

The A-number is referred to as Alien Registration Number. Every immigrant visa has a registration number albeit without the ''A'' which stands for Alien. However, you must mention this ''A'' with the registration number (like A412XXXX....) when making an enquiry from USCIS. I called them few times because of the delay in my GC when we came in then and they told me to always add the prefix - ''A''.

Hope this helps!

cheers

Ben Emma,

copied.

Thanks for educating us.

One love.

Ajalagos,

Your first POE is where you will surrender all documents and there is no way you can ignore the immigration officers because there will be only 2 exit gate - for citizen/permanent residence and another for Visitors.

However using another POE other than your main destination will not delay either your GC or SSN. What will always delays it in some cases is change of address.

One love.

My gee,

For prudency sake, do you agree that I can make my trip to be Lagos-Chicago-Atlanta, then surrender my documents with the immigration at Chicago and then fly down to Atlanta.

I'm not changing my address.

Thanks for your prompt response.

One love man.

Ferdiii,
Are u saying his number is 2011AF00004956? I thought his number is 49560. So I don't understand why you are worried. His number is current for October 2010.

Thanks I will try to get to him fast. I only learnt how to calculate this thing now.

Helo Ferdiii,
From the posting No. 4525 of this forum pg 148, the bulletin advance info, Nigeria has 10,000. This means that your guy who has AF000049XX is even the 49XXth person on the queue.

Just get ready or ask your guy to get ready.
Thanks and Goodluck.
Navigator

Thanks so much!

I just received a mail of interview date

Case no.: 2011af000023**
1st nl: 1st apr, 2010
recvd: 17th may
sent to kcc: 7th june
confirmation: 28th june
2nd nl: Waiting
interview confirmed through kcc mail. 21st sept.
Interview date: 15 nov. 2010

hello everyone in the house i just confirm my interview date from kcc right now. By his grace we shall get there.

pls can someone give how the interview for an accounting graduate look like

Case no.: 2011af000023**
1st nl: 1st apr, 2010
recvd: 17th may
sent to kcc: 7th june
confirmation: 28th june
2nd nl: Waiting
interview confirmed through kcc mail. 21st sept.
Interview date: 15 nov. 2010
pls for the preparation for the interview can someone shed light on this question. thanks. with God all things are possible

Ferdiii,
He is current for October and should get his things ready.

Thanks. I guess you are too. So 2nd package? He has to send an e-mail (their current e-mail address please) to KCC aiight.How did you do yours? This my pal doesn't know much on getting these information. Am his ears and eyes at this stage.Thanks for everything oh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I guess you are too. So 2nd package? He has to send an e-mail (their current e-mail address please) to KCC aiight.How did you do yours? This my pal doesn't know much on getting these information. Am his ears and eyes at this stage.Thanks for everything oh!

Quickly send an email to kcc at kccdv@state.gov asap. Make sure u quote complete case no, date of birth in mm-dd-yyyy format and country. Kcc will surely release the interview date to u. Peace! Benniit

Reply of ur msg

Ohis,

No qualms. Please where is ddoonn, i have been trying his numbers.

One love.
Joequi
Ddoonn is fine, u can't get him wit dat numbr bcos he has changed his line. Precise, we are both travellin 2moro. He wil be using qatar airline while i wil b usin Delta. Wen are u leaving?

Joequi
Ddoonn is fine, u can't get him wit dat numbr bcos he has changed his line. Precise, we are both travellin 2moro. He wil be using qatar airline while i wil b usin Delta. Wen are u leaving?

ah! Bros, 2moro? So u are not coming to warri again?
May the almighty God grant u and ur family a safe journey in Jesus name. Amen

Ferdiii, I sent the forms back to kcc in june 23, so 2nd letter is late and has not yet come. Most probably my interview is gonna be in November.

Joequi

Journey mercies to you guys, however ddoonn never told the house that he be leaving so soon, too bad.

Please we would love to hear your experiences, welcome to Obamaland.

One love.

ah! Bros, 2moro? So u are not coming to warri again?
May the almighty God grant u and ur family a safe journey in Jesus name. Amen

Kenn,

I'm still with you guys, it is ddoonn and Ohis that flying into Obamaland. I will be in Warri as discussed.

One love.

My gee,

For prudency sake, do you agree that I can make my trip to be Lagos-Chicago-Atlanta, then surrender my documents with the immigration at Chicago and then fly down to Atlanta.

I'm not changing my address.

Thanks for your prompt response.

One love man.

My man,

no wahala, for prudency sake fire on my brother.

One love.