• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Solution stop discouraging poeple at dis forum from going to america,u can't compare america with african countries at lease a dv winner will live averagely in america.all u hav to tell winners is dat if the get to america is not easy to make it in a year or two.i hav a brother in america he started making it after ten years in america he has a very big mansion now in his hometown,bougth two cars for his father and one relative.my dear brother solution all u hav to tell dv winners is a world of encouragemen

@Ikechukwu my own advice 4 u is that it is not everybody that will qualify by education. u can also qualify by work experience. Since u are a fashion designer and have taken the exam many years back. I advice u go by ur designing experience, that will give u more chances of getting the visa if u are very good in it. To go by ur SSCE is just like gambling coz ur brain is not all that fresh in what might result from SSCE result. Even those in university has 4goten most of the SSCE subjects. I would always be encouraging u coz winning the dv lottery doesn't mean u have got the visa but with carefulness and God u will go through ok. Just reach me weneva u confused about anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ikechukwu my own advice 4 u is that it is not everybody that will qualify by education. u can also qualify by work experience. Since u are a fashion designer and have taken the exam many years back. I advice u go by ur designing experience, that will give u more chances of getting the visa if u are very good in it. To go by ur SSCE is just like gambling coz ur brain is not all that fresh in what might result from SSCE result. Even those in university has 4goten most of the SSCE subjects. I would always be encouraging u coz winning the dv lottery doesn't mean u have got the visa but with carefulness ang God u will go through ok. Just reach me weneva u confused about anything.

I like forumers sharing their opinions and offering suggestions but I beg you (Solution) this advice will not do Ikechukwu any favours. You are putting him in a tight corner that could jeopardize his chances of obtaining the dv visa. How many have you heard getting the visa through work experience in Nigeria?

@solution u ar discouraging and confusing poeple hear, it not easy to qualify with work experience especially in nigeria.my advice to u IKE start evening lesson now that is the easiest way to get ur visa. With God u will go through.

Bullshit...! I mailed Kcc abt my interview date since on Monday bt I hav gotten no reply. Wht should i do? Should i re-mail kcc or i should just relax? Pls, any1 should reply?

hi all.i have been in the usa for the past 5 months and i must tell u guys that its not dat easy but i am thanking God.plz dont come here and believe magic will just happen,u can get fraustrated.sacrifice is the thing here.the job u can get here for a starter cant pay more than $12/hr unless u r lucky.many dv winners are joining d military to take care of their bills for d next 4 years and getting tuition assitance(100%) and many benefits(its not about fighting wars in iraq,afghanistan and stuffs like dat).yeap its possible to take loans to study but u have to pay back too with interest.i am with d navy now and i see myself in a stable condition now.most people here with not tell u d thruth.it will take average newcomers at least 3-4 years to be on their feet.
good luck to u all.

@adeoti tanks 4 ur world of encouragement if a dv winner can start making it in 3 to 4years i think it a welcome development.Adeoti as u known there ar many university graduate in nigeria looking 4 job to no avail.no opportunity here.so my dear brother life will far better in usa than nigeria for a common man.

@Obama, i'm not confusing anybody rather i'm just suggesting to him.@Ammeck09 and Obama, so many guys did it and went through unless u are not good in what u claim u can do.

@Adeoti247 I love ur comment and courage and wud like to communicate with u personally. like i said earlier usa is a land of opportunities but in a way stressful. u really spoke 4rm experience and spoke my heart. Atleast i'm no more the only person telling them how usa looks like. thanks 4 that

@ Ikechukwu, i have told u my own but it is left 4 u 2 make the decision of ur own. but always remember that at the end of the day u are on ur own. i wish u the best

hello everybody in the house, please i need some form of advice on the issue bothering us here, a friend of mine his wife won 2011 visa lottery her case no. is 19xxx, pls we would like to know the possibility and how soon she would get her second letter for interview. secondly, it is said that you must have atleast 5 credits here we want to know if the 5 credit invloves a mandatory credit in english. She has 5 credit in maths and four other subjects and f9 in english, some people are saying it has to be five credits in any subjects others are saying it must be english inclusive, so i need somebody with experience to help us here with the correct information. Please note that she has ond but the result is still under process.
thanks and God bless you all.

@ Ohio relax they will reply. u no that they are somehow busy right now. but did they send u a comfirmation msg as regards to ur previous msg?. if not send another 1 but if they did relax they will reply as soon as possible

@ tinted, with that case no. receiving the 2nd NL will not be too soon and probably will not be this year if it is Nigeria. If she took another exam, let her wait 4 that 1 1st. u know it is good to be on the right side so that nothing will be lacking but i think it is 5 credits no matter the subjects but u neva can tell coz it is the consular officer who will take the final decision on her case.