• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

@solution did u read what shinadave wrote on the issue of work experience?majority of people said u ar wrong on how to qualify with work experience

Success sure.

Hello brothers and sisters.as u go to church today please pray for me bcos i am having my interview 2moro.i believe that God has done it.i wil surely come bk to share my success story.GOD IS ABLE

@jolomiraphael your case shal not be different here u shal as well share ur success stories on here by the grace of God, for i pronounce upon u divine favour and success in your interview in jesus name AMEN. C N 2010AF00011***. Interview 1st week of August 2010 .HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

@Solution now am understanding what u are trying to pass on to every folks here now i understand u better letting every one known the tryers they wil face when they get to the state we need more info thanks very much. C N 2010AF00011*** Interview 1st week of August 2010 HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

Hello brothers and sisters.as u go to church today please pray for me bcos i am having my interview 2moro.i believe that God has done it.i wil surely come bk to share my success story.GOD IS ABLE

The battle is not for u to fight. It has been fought long before you were born. Success is for sure.
The prayers of every member of the house is solidly behind you. We awaits ur success story.

Gudluck man!!!!

hi, every one in the house its quite long time let me start by saying this to ikechukwu you realy need ur ssce at the embassy as your work does not qualify you for those who can use job experience you can check the america labor site i think job category 4 only qualify for the visa which your fashion designer is not part of since you have the ssce it does not matter how many years all you need to do is just go and know some little introduction to maths and English and the subject class you belong then you need to give explanation on the gap of your school cert as in why u did not further ur education which i think should be simply that u went to learn handy work then prepare to answer question on what u learn so far about the fashion designer it all depend on the consular officer

secondly, on the issue that america is rosily as we used to think, let me tell every body in the house america is only meet for those who are not lazy if u are a had working person u will surely make it here but put it in ur mind that when you come is going to be had at least for the fist 2-3 months it also depend on the person you want to stay with how connected is the person as job here also sometime also base on referals you can can join a church and be active there or their are some organisation that gives aid and we have community centers that we help you get government grant to do some classes or can get you shelter or food majority of people does not know all this even the person that i stay with who has been here for almost 4 years does not know pls information is very inportant as for job although america sufers from melt down some years back its because of this that make the economy some how but the economy is really coming up now compare to last years employment is coming up again most especially in the manufacturing companies and where hoses i presently worked in a warehouse where we deals with importation of various food items all over the world my advise to you all is that immediately you get your social security num go for your state ID which i think you can get within 2-3 weeks dont need to wait for your green card before searching for job then always start with any job you find yourself then gradually try to improve urself so you can get a second job if you work part time pls put this in mind thet the first 1-2 months may seem thins are not working dont give up is normal if there is anyone who is coming to Chicago can let me know so i can advise on where to go and the community centers to call i wish you all good luck

dave,

Thanks for the information.

jolo,

Your case will never be different, go collect your visa tomorrow in Jesusu name.

I do not think Solution was discouraging people but rather sharing, may be, his own experience.

However, the situation should not be generalized. It is true that some people may not find it easy as soon as they get in. Needful to state here that your host on arrival, most of the times and physically speaking, goes a long way to determine how your life will be in the first few years in the US. Your life may be tailored after his own pattern if you ain't determined. I always advise people to make up their mind on what exactly they want to do before leaving Naija. Determination, as they say, is the tenacity of purpose. I landed in Maryland, because that was where I got a friend who was ready to accommodate my ''large'' family, but had made up my mind before arriving the US not settle down there because of my field of job. You need to inquire about the prospect of your field or passion in each state (of the US) before leaving Naija or wherever you are staying.

I know of people who settled down as soon as they came into the country and are doing really good. However, you may have to upgrade your certificate(s) unless your are in Engineering Field. I have a friend who came in (January 2010) and got an engineering job almost immediately without a referral. This is just one out of the many good stories that I know personally.

Your personal confession too goes a long way to help as whatever you wish and pray for await you in this land.

Above all, PRAY as faithful is GOD who gave us this opportunity out of millions of people to perfect that which concerns us.

All the best and God bless y'all.

Ben Emma,

Thanks for the encouragement.

Hi guys

I won the 2011 dv lottery. Thank God.

My question to the forum is that i currently live in New Zealand and i will need a police certificate from Nigeria (country of origin) to take with me to the interview when called for an interview. Does anyone know the easiest way to get this done especially if finger print is needed, and i am not currently located in Nigeria .

Replies will be much appreciated.

@ corey congrats for being selected. This forum is for 2010 dv winners. as for ur question, if u read tru the previous posts u will definitely find cases just as urs which were discused. there is no need repeating the same topic severally. i hope u understand, wish u the best

obama its a sorry case that nigeria finds itself in this situation,there is no solution on ground to tackle the rate of un-emplyment in nigeria.i wish everybody well.just trust God for everything.we nigerians here are going to be successful in america.and pls dont do anything against the law here and forget about this dream of GETTING RICK QUICK because they will surely get you,it may takes time but they will.coming to america through dv lottery is a privilege and not a right.i also appreciate the efforts of SOLUTION,SHINADAVE and BEN EMMA.we need to encourage and guide our people through this process and to keep in touch with each other.it is well

joequi and donsino why are u guys making mockery???

Hey Ike,

We are not making mockery of you, I just felt like laughing over Joequi's comment, which is just a joke for sure.
The statement he made was just a joke and nothing more. Anyway we're are sorry if that got you upset.
No hard feelings bro.
One Love!!!

@ Ikechukwu, pls i'm pleading . see it as joke from friends ok, don't take it as another thing pls. wishing u the best. @ All in the forum, I advice u guys to watch comments u make in this forum coz we all have various ways of understanding things. thats why we are unique beings

@ Ikechukwu, pls i'm pleading . see it as joke from friends ok, don't take it as another thing pls. wishing u the best. @ All in the forum, I advice u guys to watch comments u make in this forum coz we all have various ways of understanding things. thats why we are unique beings

Noted. At first I never thought it is offensive, now we have to watch it