• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

@ tinted, with that case no. receiving the 2nd NL will not be too soon and probably will not be this year if it is Nigeria. If she took another exam, let her wait 4 that 1 1st. u know it is good to be on the right side so that nothing will be lacking but i think it is 5 credits no matter the subjects but u neva can tell coz it is the consular officer who will take the final decision on her case.

No need to write another exam, it was started 5 credits with no specific subjects.

You are good.

Please this tread is for DV 2010, DV 2011 should move to their forume.

@ tinted, with that case no. receiving the 2nd NL will not be too soon and probably will not be this year if it is Nigeria. If she took another exam, let her wait 4 that 1 1st. u know it is good to be on the right side so that nothing will be lacking but i think it is 5 credits no matter the subjects but u neva can tell coz it is the consular officer who will take the final decision on her case.

No need to write another exam, it was started 5 credits with no specific subjects.

You are good.

Please this tread is for DV 2010, DV 2011 should move to their forume

Ikechukwu,

Please don't use work esperience as your qualifying factor, b/cos your trade is not among the one recongnised, in your NL their is a form and web site sent to you by KCC for those who want to use work experience as basis for qualification. Go through and confirm

@ Ikechukwu, If God can do good things 4 me y won't i do it 4 my fellow human beings. Thanks 4 the ackwoledgement. My advice is that u should take a wise decision. like i earlier told u, u are on ur own. It is up to u but don't panic put God first

@joequi, i know that they don't like giving visas to traders but Ikechukwu's case is different. Do u know what it means even in USA to be in fashion designing. If he is very good in that and goes with it, mehn the visa is picked already. but he must show them that he is capable thats all. I'm talking 4rm experience

hi, every one in the house its quite long time let me start by saying this to ikechukwu you realy need ur ssce at the embassy as your work does not qualify you for those who can use job experience you can check the america labor site i think job category 4 only qualify for the visa which your fashion designer is not part of since you have the ssce it does not matter how many years all you need to do is just go and know some little introduction to maths and English and the subject class you belong then you need to give explanation on the gap of your school cert as in why u did not further ur education which i think should be simply that u went to learn handy work then prepare to answer question on what u learn so far about the fashion designer it all depend on the consular officer

secondly, on the issue that america is rosily as we used to think, let me tell every body in the house america is only meet for those who are not lazy if u are a had working person u will surely make it here but put it in ur mind that when you come is going to be had at least for the fist 2-3 months it also depend on the person you want to stay with how connected is the person as job here also sometime also base on referals you can can join a church and be active there or their are some organisation that gives aid and we have community centers that we help you get government grant to do some classes or can get you shelter or food majority of people does not know all this even the person that i stay with who has been here for almost 4 years does not know pls information is very inportant as for job although america sufers from melt down some years back its because of this that make the economy some how but the economy is really coming up now compare to last years employment is coming up again most especially in the manufacturing companies and where hoses i presently worked in a warehouse where we deals with importation of various food items all over the world my advise to you all is that immediately you get your social security num go for your state ID which i think you can get within 2-3 weeks dont need to wait for your green card before searching for job then always start with any job you find yourself then gradually try to improve urself so you can get a second job if you work part time pls put this in mind thet the first 1-2 months may seem thins are not working dont give up is normal if there is anyone who is coming to Chicago can let me know so i can advise on where to go and the community centers to call i wish you all good luck

hi, every one in the house its quite long time let me start by saying this to ikechukwu you realy need ur ssce at the embassy as your work does not qualify you for those who can use job experience you can check the america labor site i think job category 4 only qualify for the visa which your fashion designer is not part of since you have the ssce it does not matter how many years all you need to do is just go and know some little introduction to maths and English and the subject class you belong then you need to give explanation on the gap of your school cert as in why u did not further ur education which i think should be simply that u went to learn handy work then prepare to answer question on what u learn so far about the fashion designer it all depend on the consular officer

secondly, on the issue that america is rosily as we used to think, let me tell every body in the house america is only meet for those who are not lazy if u are a had working person u will surely make it here but put it in ur mind that when you come is going to be had at least for the fist 2-3 months it also depend on the person you want to stay with how connected is the person as job here also sometime also base on referals you can can join a church and be active there or their are some organisation that gives aid and we have community centers that we help you get government grant to do some classes or can get you shelter or food majority of people does not know all this even the person that i stay with who has been here for almost 4 years does not know pls information is very inportant as for job although america sufers from melt down some years back its because of this that make the economy some how but the economy is really coming up now compare to last years employment is coming up again most especially in the manufacturing companies and where hoses i presently worked in a warehouse where we deals with importation of various food items all over the world my advise to you all is that immediately you get your social security num go for your state ID which i think you can get within 2-3 weeks dont need to wait for your green card before searching for job then always start with any job you find yourself then gradually try to improve urself so you can get a second job if you work part time pls put this in mind thet the first 1-2 months may seem thins are not working dont give up is normal if there is anyone who is coming to Chicago can let me know so i can advise on where to go and the community centers to call i wish you all good luck

Hi shinadave,

Thank you very much for this information and your words of encouragement. If all those who are already in the states could come back and share their experience with us like you've just did, we would have been well informed before we make our final move there. Information is indeed power. Thank you for giving us hope.

Solution stop discouraging poeple at dis forum from going to america,u can't compare america with african countries at lease a dv winner will live averagely in america.all u hav to tell winners is dat if the get to america is not easy to make it in a year or two.i hav a brother in america he started making it after ten years in america he has a very big mansion now in his hometown,bougth two cars for his father and one relative.my dear brother solution all u hav to tell dv winners is a world of encouragemen

I do not think Solution was discouraging people but rather sharing, may be, his own experience.

However, the situation should not be generalized. It is true that some people may not find it easy as soon as they get in. Needful to state here that your host on arrival, most of the times and physically speaking, goes a long way to determine how your life will be in the first few years in the US. Your life may be tailored after his own pattern if you ain't determined. I always advise people to make up their mind on what exactly they want to do before leaving Naija. Determination, as they say, is the tenacity of purpose. I landed in Maryland, because that was where I got a friend who was ready to accommodate my ''large'' family, but had made up my mind before arriving the US not settle down there because of my field of job. You need to inquire about the prospect of your field or passion in each state (of the US) before leaving Naija or wherever you are staying.

I know of people who settled down as soon as they came into the country and are doing really good. However, you may have to upgrade your certificate(s) unless your are in Engineering Field. I have a friend who came in (January 2010) and got an engineering job almost immediately without a referral. This is just one out of the many good stories that I know personally.

Your personal confession too goes a long way to help as whatever you wish and pray for await you in this land.

Above all, PRAY as faithful is GOD who gave us this opportunity out of millions of people to perfect that which concerns us.

All the best and God bless y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks every body for ur Advice i realy appreciate that.
My ssce result in not bad at list made 5 creadit what i need now is revision

Hello brothers and sisters.as u go to church today please pray for me bcos i am having my interview 2moro.i believe that God has done it.i wil surely come bk to share my success story.GOD IS ABLE

Hello brothers and sisters.as u go to church today please pray for me bcos i am having my interview 2moro.i believe that God has done it.i wil surely come bk to share my success story.GOD IS ABLE

my brother, ur case will not be different, God will see u tru the process tomorrow and ur success story shall be on this forum. Goodluck bro.

@ Ohio relax they will reply. u no that they are somehow busy right now. but did they send u a comfirmation msg as regards to ur previous msg?. if not send another 1 but if they did relax they will reply as soon as possible

Yeah! They sent me confirmation. I think i wil relax 4 dere reply. Thanks n God Bless u.

This is a nice one

Thank u so much 4 dis stro

This is a nice one

Thank u so much 4 ur counselling. I bliv is goin 2do us a whole lot of good. Once again, God bless u.