• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

why asking ikecukwu his fiscal year cant u see the year in his signature. Pls stop discouraging people here if the land did not favour u dont compare ur self to other person the lord is our strenght we have no power of our own bcos the battle is not for the strongest neither the race is for the fitest but is thy lord that showet mercy(ROMANCE 9:16).

DDOONN.
Plz let hear him out maybe he has some info that will help us

Question: I know we can check status on/after July 1st, 2010 but is it for further processing i.e. for second letter or first letter. Is there a better way to know if application is accepted for second letter?

@ ajaylagos

Question 1 What do u mean by a “contact from”?

ans
A form will be given to you to fill....
Name:
Address:
petitioner: (not compulsory)
phone no:

I think just to contact you if the need arises

----- When you are inside waiting to be called upon, it is your number that will be called....DV 23 PLEASE COME TO WINDOW NO XX

Question 2 About the letter from your office, is it another letter different from the normal letter of employment? If different, what type of letter and what was the content? Pleas let’s know so that we can also harm ourselves with any relevant additional letter where necessary..

Ans
I don't think it is that important bcos it was not collected from me. BUT i requested it from my office to introduce me to the embassy which is a normal thing to do. THEY WILL JUST ADDRESS A LETTER TO THE EMBASSY INFORMING THEM THAT YOU ARE A STAFF OF THE ORGANIZATION! .... Mr xxx is a staff of this organization from xxx to xxx. kindly assist where necessary....

Last edited by a moderator:
@ DDOONN I am just saying what i know about USA. I am not discouraging anybody rather i'm giving u guys clue how where u want to go look like. So that when u guys start seeing anything u don't expect u won't be surprise. @ ikechukwu i'm happy 4 u coz it is a good thing 4 u and your entire family. just keep in touch with the forum, I will tell u whatever step u will take in running ur programs even though I don't have time but i will try my best.

@Ikechukwu I must say u are highly reasonable and understandable. I love it and promise i will help u through ur processes. to say the truth i have no time at all but i will try my best 4 u ok. don't panic.

@Ikechukwu I must say u are highly reasonable and understandable. I love it and promise i will help u through ur processes. to say the truth i have no time at all but i will try my best 4 u ok. don't panic.

Thanks brother but plz i will like everybody in this thread to work as 1 family and help one another in any possible way u can.

KCC is still keeping me in suspence. I sent a mail 2 dem on Monday (21/06/10) confirming my interview date. Have gotten no reply yet... Wht should i do now? Should i send dem mail again or just relax myself.

I am really happy 4 those who have received their visas and those randomly selected for further procession in the fiscal year 2011. it is really a thing of joy. But i have a little advice on what we foreigners think America is. All those rosery stories u guys hear and see on the television is not the real America. Life is not easy in America at all. It is true that it is a land of opportunities but at the same time very stressful. so u guys should not think going to America means u are now a rich and free man.
Ask yourself this Question, how many people i know that is in America from my town has better building at home. there are too much bills u have to meet up with while in America.
That dollar u see and get amazed. when u make it, they will collect it back through so many ways which u will find out urselves when u finally reside in America.
What i'm trying to say is that don't think u are going to enjoy and have freedom. Who ever tells u that is a great liar rather u are going to stress & stress urself to make ends meet.
So guys, mind how u jump up at embassy coz u haven't seen where u are going but all the same pray always and hand over your life in America to God coz it is not easy at all.

Urs Sincerely,
Solution.

Thank you very much for your advise. However bear in mind that life anywhere, if you were not born with silver spoon in your mouth is difficult and stressful. God has his own plan for everybody. Winning the dv lottery does not guarantee automatic wealth but at least don't forget you are one out of more than 10million people who applied. Be hopeful and prayerful. Where there is hope there is a way. Bless you all!

folks...greetings.

I'm current for August...pls may i know what kind of questions and the drill to face at the consulate in lagos?

CN: 2010AF00019***
Mekoyo

@donsino!!

Follow the following instructions!

1. Get the on-line computer print out and make a copy b4 d interview
2. Make a copy of the statement from your secondary school
3. Be sure that the names on the statement from your secondary school is correct if not go back and get a corrected one

Now to correct those names
1. Get a letter to the effect from your principal addressed to your Waec Zone.
2. Also request for your photo-book but if not available JUST get a clean notebook and take a passport with the school uniform, attach it to the book and ask the school to input all your datas and stamp it. (improvised school album)
3. Go to the WAEC ZONAL HQ in the area you sat for the exams, pay the required fees (10k). NOTE! make a copy of every of the forms and the receipts, that's what you need at the embassy during your interview if you are questioned from that point. All they need is to prove that you are what you claimed to be ....that's all!
4. Talk to the head of the result corrections department if they can give you a cover letter addressed to the embassy but if they refuse, YOU ARE GOOD WITH THE RECEIPTS OF PAYMENT FOR CORRECTION

PLEASE FAST AND PRAY!!...THEY OVERLOOK IT DURING MY INTERVIEW! it's only God that helps!
If you are a christian, tell JESUS what you want them to ask you and that's what they will ask......it works!

Soji,

I appreciate your prompt response. My names in my waec are rightly spelt. The prob is my first name appears as the second why the second
appears to be my first name. I have no problem with the surname, neither are they wrongly spelt. Do I still need to undergo all these processes.
Any one with more light will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

CHY
go with waec scratch card and computer print out of ur waec result then for ur name in my own opinion i think there is no proble with ur name.

So I thought am good to go with the names which are right spelt but not in order. Soji suggestions is giving me a second thought.
Will appreciate others advice on this

@ Ikechukwu, u welcome.@nsiah7 i'm glad u understood my points. Atleast u guys are not among those that are crazy about hearing America. I am just in the forum to help incase there is anybody who has a little question about the whole process especially new winners. I wish u all the best.

@Donsino my own personal advice is that u should not neglect any process. Make everything to be ready even if it is not asked. u never can tell. don't depend mostly on another persons experience. remember u are on ur own at the end of the day.

@ Ikechukwu, u welcome.@nsiah7 i'm glad u understood my points. Atleast u guys are not among those that are crazy about hearing America. I am just in the forum to help incase there is anybody who has a little question about the whole process especially new winners. I wish u all the best.

solution
plz can u tel us ur experience in US i mean job experience ur salary an the bills u pay.
Am sorry for the personal question

@ Ikechukwu, thank u 4 that intelligent question. Job is not easy in America even the born citizens are finding it difficult. the salary counts according to ur experience and hour many years u have spent working, so it depends. I cant tell u an exact amount. are u online now coz am online right now. In all God is always there 4 his people. U will find most things out by yourself ok.