• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

i'm also facing d same problem. I sent a mail 2 KCC on Monday bt dey are yet 2reply. Wht is actually wrong?

Ohis,

You will get the reply by today, latest tomorrow. I was also unconfortable with the delay but later got their response.

Have u done your medicals and police report?

Goodluck

Last edited by a moderator:
HI FAMILY MEMBERS,
HERE IS MY INTERVIEW ..........experience..........

IT IS WAS NOTHING BUT GOD
I RECEIVED MY FIRST LETTER LAST YEAR AND SENT IT BACK TO THEM…I USUALLY GO ONLINE TO be updated about THE MONTHLY VISA BULLETIN. SO, I STARTED PREPARING THEN. I WENT TO MY SECONDARY SCHOOL FOR THE ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF MY SSCE, It was then I noticed that my name was wrongly spelt. The problem began….I went to Yaba almost 4 times, they latter sent me to Ogba to process the correction, from Ogba back to my school to collect a letter from the principal and the school photo book. I paid 10k and returned to Yaba for a cover up letter. (it took me almost 4weeks with a lot of money on transportation)

NOTE: IF U HAVE PROBLEM WIT UR waec RESULT
1. Go to Yaba and process it yourself, I was duped the first day I went.
2. Start on Time bcos it takes btw 6 to 8 months to effect any correction on the certificate.
3. Waec office Open by 9am and Close 3pm
4. The original certificate will be submitted so pls make copies
5. Plan to waste a lot of time
6. Try to get a computer printout of ur result b4 the interview

THEN, A DAY CAME AND I NOTICE THAT IT AS GOTTEN TO MY CASE Number, I WAITED AND WAITED FOR MY INTERVIEW LETTER. I DECIDED TO MAIL THEM & THEY REPLIED DAT MY INTERVIEW IS 22ND OF JUNE. I REQUESTED FOR THE LETTER AND THEY MAIL IT TO ME. I LATTER RECEIVED THE 2ND PACKAGE 5 DAYS AFTER.
INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE>>>>all my documents were ready including the letter from waec and my office.

INTERVIEW DAY
HOWEVER, WATCH-OUT FOR THE POLICE ON THE ROAD AND BE CAREFUL ON UR ARRIVAL BCOS OF Those BAD BOYS.

I WENT THERE EARLY MORNING SOME MINUTES TO 7.00AM (22ND OF JUNE).
FIRSTLY ,THEY DON'T ALLOW ANYONE TO GO IN WITH MOBILE PHONE ,NOT EVEN TO PUT IT IN SILENCE OR SWITCH OFF (ITS BETTER TO KEEP IT AT HOME OR JUST DROP IT WITH THE SECURITY MEN ON DUTY)
ALL ENCLOSED ENVELOPE WAS INSTRUCTED TO B OPENED OUTSIDE D GATE (INCLUDING THE WHITE MEDICALS ENVELOPE).
THE WAY TO ARRANGE
1 ENSURE THAT ALL THE COPY OF YOUR DOCUMENT IS ARRANGE TOGETHER (PHOTOCOPY SEPARATE)
2 ALSO, PLACE THE ORIGINAL WITH EACH OTHER.
WHILE ENTERING
THEY WILL ASK FOR YOUR PASSPORT AND LETTER FOR INTERVIEW. THEY WILL GIVE YOU A CARD AND UR NUMBER WILL BE ON IT ALSO A CONTACT FORM. THEY WILL ALSO GIVE YOU A TELLER TO PAY YOUR $775.

FIRSTLY WHILE ENTERING
GO TO THE ACCOUNTANT STRAIGHT TO PAY THE MONEY, COLLECT THE RECEIPT.(JUST KEEP IT, THERE ARE 2 Receipts joined together, 1 FOR D STATE DEPARTMENT AND 1 4 U) THEY WILL REQUEST FOR IT AT THE POINT OF INTERVIEW.
NOTE THE NUMBER WRITTEN ON CARD IS YOUR NUMBER. LISTEN TO D SPEAKER WHILE You ARE SITTING INSIDE. THE NUMBER WILL B CALLED TO COME TO A WINDOW NUMBER XXX.IF You ARE FOR DV (DV XX). THEY WILL COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS…..they only collected the original and photocopy of WAEC (computer printout & the photo copy of the original I submitted to waec), BIRTHDAY CERTIFICATE, Bsc CERTIFICATE or Notification letter, Police report from me, ………..(I DID NOT FILL SOME PARTS OF THE DOCUMENTS SENT TO ME BEFORE RETURNING IT TO THEM LAST YEAR, I WAS TOLD TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION AND I DID)

NOW IT’S TIME FOR INTERVIEW…(AFTER ABOUT 30 MINS)
A young man was not given bcos the waec made the same mistake they made on my certificate and He decided to still write the name with the same mistake on other documents……after a long time, I saw him going out….I was so afraid! Then, I saw my document with the same American lady from the transparent window…. I was still thinking on how to defend myself when she called my number…DV NUMBER 7 (I was cold and I did not know how I got to her front)

THE QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED
----GOOD morning SHE SAID.
……. Good morning (I RESPONDED)

----You SWORE TO SAY THE TRUTH (BY RISEN your RIGHT HAND UP).
……….. I promise (I RESPONDED) (was praying inside and I did not show it to her that I was afraid. I was looking straight into her eyes)

---- PLEASE DO YOUR FINGER PRINT…(I DID IT D WAY IT WAS DONE DURING MY POLICE REPORT)

-----WHAT IS YOUR HIGHEST QUALIFICATION?
……….. Bsc (I RESPONDED)
-----IN WHAT SUBJECT?
……. MA? (I did not understand)

----- WHAT IS THE SUBJECT?

----ACCOUNTING (I RESPONDED)

-----CAN YOU LIST SOME COURSES YOU STUDIED IN YOUR UNIVERSITY?
…… GNS 101(use of English), Acc 101, 102, 201, 202,(Financial Accounting)…..almost 10, the she asked me to stop
…….. DID YOU CARRY OUT A PROJECT? YOUR FINAL PROJECT
…… yes (I RESPOND)
…… WHAT IS THE TOPIC
…… Total Quality……(I RESPOND)
……OK, TELL ME ABOUT IT
……I’ve prepared for it so I just start talking
…..OK, HOW DID YOU GET YOUR DATA?
…… I explained
……WHAT WAS YOUR CONCLUSION?
…… I explained
…… GOOD SHE SAID (I was thanking God inside)
…..WAIT A MINUTE PLEASE (she started typing and she went to take the printout from the printer) YOU WILL GO TO THIS ADDRESS ON THIS DATE FOR YOUR VISA….WELCOME TO AMERICA…CONGRATULATION…….
……..Thank you (I RESPONDED)

It is all about prayer and preparation! GOD IS JUST TOO GOOD TO ME. THANKS TO EVERY ONE ON THIS FORUM, YOU PEOPLE ARE THE KEY FOR ALL THE INFORMATION!

JESUS IS LORD

HI FAMILY MEMBERS,

I RECEIVED MY FIRST LETTER LAST YEAR AND SENT IT BACK TO THEM…I USUALLY GO ONLINE TO be updated about THE MONTHLY VISA BULLETIN. SO, I STARTED PREPARING THEN. I WENT TO MY SECONDARY SCHOOL FOR THE ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF MY SSCE, It was then I noticed that my name was wrongly spelt. The problem began….I went to Yaba almost 4 times, they latter sent me to Ogba to process the correction, from Ogba back to my school to collect a letter from the principal and the school photo book. I paid 10k and returned to Yaba for a cover up letter. (it took me almost 4weeks with a lot of money on transportation)

2. Start on Time bcos it takes btw 6 to 8 months to effect any correction on the certificate.

THEN, A DAY CAME AND I NOTICE THAT IT AS GOTTEN TO MY CASE Number, I WAITED AND WAITED FOR MY INTERVIEW LETTER. I DECIDED TO MAIL THEM & THEY REPLIED DAT MY INTERVIEW IS 22ND OF JUNE. I REQUESTED FOR THE LETTER AND THEY MAIL IT TO ME. I LATTER RECEIVED THE 2ND PACKAGE 5 DAYS AFTER.
INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE>>>>all my documents were ready including the letter from waec and my office.

INTERVIEW DAY
HOWEVER, WATCH-OUT FOR THE POLICE ON THE ROAD AND BE CAREFUL ON UR ARRIVAL BCOS OF Those BAD BOYS.

FIRSTLY ,THEY DON'T ALLOW ANYONE TO GO IN WITH MOBILE PHONE ,NOT EVEN TO PUT IT IN SILENCE OR SWITCH OFF (ITS BETTER TO KEEP IT AT HOME OR JUST DROP IT WITH THE SECURITY MEN ON DUTY)
ALL ENCLOSED ENVELOPE WAS INSTRUCTED TO B OPENED OUTSIDE D GATE (INCLUDING THE WHITE MEDICALS ENVELOPE).
THE WAY TO ARRANGE
1 ENSURE THAT ALL THE COPY OF YOUR DOCUMENT IS ARRANGE TOGETHER (PHOTOCOPY SEPARATE)
WHILE ENTERING
THEY WILL ASK FOR YOUR PASSPORT AND LETTER FOR INTERVIEW. THEY WILL GIVE YOU A CARD AND UR NUMBER WILL BE ON IT ALSO A CONTACT FORM. THEY WILL ALSO GIVE YOU A TELLER TO PAY YOUR $775.

FIRSTLY WHILE ENTERING
GO TO THE ACCOUNTANT STRAIGHT TO PAY THE MONEY, COLLECT THE RECEIPT.(JUST KEEP IT, THERE ARE 2 Receipts joined together, 1 FOR D STATE DEPARTMENT AND 1 4 U) THEY WILL REQUEST FOR IT AT THE POINT OF INTERVIEW.
NOTE THE NUMBER WRITTEN ON CARD IS YOUR NUMBER. LISTEN TO D SPEAKER WHILE You ARE SITTING INSIDE. THE NUMBER WILL B CALLED TO COME TO A WINDOW NUMBER XXX.IF You ARE FOR DV (DV XX). THEY WILL COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS…..they only collected the original and photocopy of WAEC (computer printout & the photo copy of the original I submitted to waec), BIRTHDAY CERTIFICATE, Bsc CERTIFICATE or Notification letter, Police report from me, ………..(I DID NOT FILL SOME PARTS OF THE DOCUMENTS SENT TO ME BEFORE RETURNING IT TO THEM LAST YEAR, I WAS TOLD TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION AND I DID)

A young man was not given bcos the waec made the same mistake they made on my certificate and He decided to still write the name with the same mistake on other documents……after a long time, I saw him going out….I was so afraid! Then, I saw my document with the same American lady from the transparent window…. I was still thinking on how to defend myself when she called my number…DV NUMBER 7 (I was cold and I did not know how I got to her front)

……….. I promise (I RESPONDED) (was praying inside and I did not show it to her that I was afraid. I was looking straight into her eyes)

---- PLEASE DO YOUR FINGER PRINT…(I DID IT D WAY IT WAS DONE DURING MY POLICE REPORT)

……….. Bsc (I RESPONDED)
-----IN WHAT SUBJECT?

…… GNS 101(use of English), Acc 101, 102, 201, 202,(Financial Accounting)…..almost 10, the she asked me to stop
…… yes (I RESPOND)
…… WHAT IS THE TOPIC
……OK, TELL ME ABOUT IT
…… I explained
…… I explained
…..WAIT A MINUTE PLEASE (she started typing and she went to take the printout from the printer) YOU WILL GO TO THIS ADDRESS ON THIS DATE FOR YOUR VISA….WELCOME TO AMERICA…CONGRATULATION…….

It is all about prayer and preparation! GOD IS JUST TOO GOOD TO ME. THANKS TO EVERY ONE ON THIS FORUM, YOU PEOPLE ARE THE KEY FOR ALL THE INFORMATION!

JESUS IS LORD

Good stuff, I want to believe some folks pass out there oh! Congratulations! This WAEC problem is causing us alot.

congratulationssssssss, i'm so happy for u, pls do u av any idea if the consider the date on the ssce certificate, because i want to use a neco certificate i wrote in 2008, but i graduated in 2007, i av date of birth problem in one of the waec certificate i wrote in 2002, so to avoid any problem that may arise as a result of that. thanks

Soji james congratulations 2 u and once again u are welcome 2 AMERICA. ... . . . . . . . . . To me i think d reason why the man dat was having the misspellings of name in his waec cert was denied visa according 2 soji james was based on d fact that he also repeat that wrong spellings in the other document that he took to the Embassy i.e(birth cert,police cert, e-passport and medicals) were still bearing thesame name tha was wrongly spelt in the waec cert, because by then there will be discripiancies between the name that is in his document and the name he use in applying for the lottery, how wish he write the correct name in his other document he should have claim his visa, because there has been many instance of people having wrong spellings of names in their Educational certificate and them still have successful interview because the C. O known that it was due to typographical error and it is innevitable..... CN 2010AF00011xxx Intervew first week of August HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

Soji james congratulations 2 u and once again u are welcome 2 AMERICA. ... . . . . . . . . . To me i think d reason why the man dat was having the misspellings of name in his waec cert was denied visa according 2 soji james was based on d fact that he also repeat that wrong spellings in the other document that he took to the Embassy i.e(birth cert,police cert, e-passport and medicals) were still bearing thesame name tha was wrongly spelt in the waec cert, because by then there will be discripiancies between the name that is in his document and the name he use in applying for the lottery, how wish he write the correct name in his other document he should have claim his visa, because there has been many instance of people having wrong spellings of names in their Educational certificate and them still have successful interview because the C. O known that it was due to typographical error and it is innevitable..... CN 2010AF00011xxx Intervew first week of August HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

Hi all,

I didn't get exactly what soji james said about his waec results. I wrote waec barely two years ago and went
to waec office for my originals and was told originals for 2008 students are not ready, that it could take another
two years or so for it to be ready. What I have now is just the computer print-out and statement of result from the
school. Can this to the job or is it a must one provide originals of his waec.
In my waec my names are Orji Divine Chinasa, but in every other docs I have it goes like this Orji Chinasa Divine.
The first name appears to be the second in my result. Is the a document I need to obtain to correct this mistake?

HI FAMILY MEMBERS,

INTERVIEW DAY

THE WAY TO ARRANGE
WHILE ENTERING

FIRSTLY WHILE ENTERING

……….. Bsc (I RESPONDED)
-----IN WHAT SUBJECT?

…… yes (I RESPOND)
…… WHAT IS THE TOPIC
……OK, TELL ME ABOUT IT
…… I explained
…… I explained

JESUS IS LORD

Congratulations once again, this is one of the shortest interviews.

Take care of yourself and God bless.

JESUS IS LORD....The only problem at the interview is not the white but our Black brothers BUT thank God sha.....it went fine today

soji,

you did not tell us what our black brothers did to you, we need to know in order for us to immune ourselves.

Thanks.

America Advice

I am really happy 4 those who have received their visas and those randomly selected for further procession in the fiscal year 2011. it is really a thing of joy. But i have a little advice on what we foreigners think America is. All those rosery stories u guys hear and see on the television is not the real America. Life is not easy in America at all. It is true that it is a land of opportunities but at the same time very stressful. so u guys should not think going to America means u are now a rich and free man.
Ask yourself this Question, how many people i know that is in America from my town has better building at home. there are too much bills u have to meet up with while in America.
That dollar u see and get amazed. when u make it, they will collect it back through so many ways which u will find out urselves when u finally reside in America.
What i'm trying to say is that don't think u are going to enjoy and have freedom. Who ever tells u that is a great liar rather u are going to stress & stress urself to make ends meet.
So guys, mind how u jump up at embassy coz u haven't seen where u are going but all the same pray always and hand over your life in America to God coz it is not easy at all.

Urs Sincerely,
Solution.

You are good 2 go donsino

Hi all,

I didn't get exactly what soji james said about his waec results. I wrote waec barely two years ago and went
to waec office for my originals and was told originals for 2008 students are not ready, that it could take another
two years or so for it to be ready. What I have now is just the computer print-out and statement of result from the
In my waec my names are Orji Divine Chinasa, but in every other docs I have it goes like this Orji Chinasa Divine.
The first name appears to be the second in my result. Is the a document I need to obtain to correct this mistake?

what u need 2 do is take along a valid waec scratch card that has not been scratch to ur interview including the computer printout success. C N 2010AF00011*** interview 1st week of August 2010 HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

Hi all,

CHY
go with waec scratch card and computer print out of ur waec result then for ur name in my own opinion i think there is no proble with ur name.

I am really happy 4 those who have received their visas and those randomly selected for further procession in the fiscal year 2011. it is really a thing of joy. But i have a little advice on what we foreigners think America is. All those rosery stories u guys hear and see on the television is not the real America. Life is not easy in America at all. It is true that it is a land of opportunities but at the same time very stressful. so u guys should not think going to America means u are now a rich and free man.
Ask yourself this Question, how many people i know that is in America from my town has better building at home. there are too much bills u have to meet up with while in America.
That dollar u see and get amazed. when u make it, they will collect it back through so many ways which u will find out urselves when u finally reside in America.
What i'm trying to say is that don't think u are going to enjoy and have freedom. Who ever tells u that is a great liar rather u are going to stress & stress urself to make ends meet.
So guys, mind how u jump up at embassy coz u haven't seen where u are going but all the same pray always and hand over your life in America to God coz it is not easy at all.

Urs Sincerely,
Solution.

OGA
ur discouraging us.
I no ur tell us the truth about USA, but plz a little encouragement on how to counter the stress will go a longway in helping us. Plz tell us who u are and ur experience.
Thanks

@donsino!!

Follow the following instructions!

1. Get the on-line computer print out and make a copy b4 d interview
2. Make a copy of the statement from your secondary school
3. Be sure that the names on the statement from your secondary school is correct if not go back and get a corrected one

Now to correct those names
1. Get a letter to the effect from your principal addressed to your Waec Zone.
2. Also request for your photo-book but if not available JUST get a clean notebook and take a passport with the school uniform, attach it to the book and ask the school to input all your datas and stamp it. (improvised school album)
3. Go to the WAEC ZONAL HQ in the area you sat for the exams, pay the required fees (10k). NOTE! make a copy of every of the forms and the receipts, that's what you need at the embassy during your interview if you are questioned from that point. All they need is to prove that you are what you claimed to be ....that's all!
4. Talk to the head of the result corrections department if they can give you a cover letter addressed to the embassy but if they refuse, YOU ARE GOOD WITH THE RECEIPTS OF PAYMENT FOR CORRECTION

PLEASE FAST AND PRAY!!...THEY OVERLOOK IT DURING MY INTERVIEW! it's only God that helps!
If you are a christian, tell JESUS what you want them to ask you and that's what they will ask......it works!

I just posted WHAT you need .............USE THE ONE YOU USED TO APPLY, GO TO WAEC AND MAKE CORRECTIONS .....YOU ARE GOOD TO GO

@ Soji, congratulations & welcome to the U.S.A.

Kindly expantiate on 2 areas:

“THEY WILL ASK FOR YOUR PASSPORT AND LETTER FOR INTERVIEW. THEY WILL GIVE YOU A CARD AND UR NUMBER WILL BE ON IT ALSO A CONTACT FORM. THEY WILL ALSO GIVE YOU A TELLER TO PAY YOUR $775.”

Question 1 What do u mean by a “contact from”?

Question 2 About the letter from your office, is it another letter different from the normal letter of employment? If different, what type of letter and what was the content? Pleas let’s know so that we can also harm ourselves with any relevant additional letter where necessary..

Hello house,

My birth certificate issued by Lagos state govt. has 4 names (excluding my surname/last name). I use my surname together with 2 of the names as my first and middle name and all my documents bears those 3 names right from primary school.

I hope the disappearance of the remaining 2 names is not an issue?

It is stated on the DV website that – “The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.” My birth date is however earlier, so I guess I am good to go with the Lagos state birth certificate. Please confirm.

Mr Adviser

@ ikechukwu, are u a 2010 dv winner or 2011. which one are u?

why asking ikecukwu his fiscal year cant u see the year in his signature. Pls stop discouraging people here if the land did not favour u dont compare ur self to other person the lord is our strenght we have no power of our own bcos the battle is not for the strongest neither the race is for the fitest but is thy lord that showet mercy(ROMANCE 9:16).