• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

That is so great. You must have been one of the luckiest person on earth. I will have mine tomorrow in london. So, you can imagine the pressure - i am a bit tensed now, but God is great!

If I may look bit silly but I have one issue; I heared you are not allowed to take in any electronics item into the emabssy and that they don't provide a temporary deposit service there. Where did you put your electronics stuff if you have taken one with you? I don't live in london. Although I can avoid all the rest, i need my mobile closer so that I break, in God's name, the great news once I finish the interview.

lome

U dont have to be afraid my brother, if u have complete documents and correct police certificate, birth certificate, and ur sponsor have enough fund, then I believe u will not have to go back again. Even if ur documents is not complete, they will tell u what u need to bring and once u provide it, ur visa will be issued. About electronics item, there is a shop down the street where u can keep ur items till after ur interview and they will only charge u £2 or £3, that was where I kept my phone and I went back there to pick it after my interview. If u ask the staff at the embassy gate they will show u the shop. I wish u good luck

U dont have to be afraid my brother, if u have complete documents and correct police certificate, birth certificate, and ur sponsor have enough fund, then I believe u will not have to go back again. Even if ur documents is not complete, they will tell u what u need to bring and once u provide it, ur visa will be issued. About electronics item, there is a shop down the street where u can keep ur items till after ur interview and they will only charge u £2 or £3, that was where I kept my phone and I went back there to pick it after my interview. If u ask the staff at the embassy gate they will show u the shop. I wish u good luck

Ayoblack,

Thank you very much. I have got most of the documents. I am supposed to get a police clearnce from three countries. as of now, I can only get from two of them. The third one gave me a very long appointment and if I had to wait for that it means I had to reschedule my interview appointment. I thought the latter carries more risk than go without the police clearance for now and supply it later if asked to. I have also got the support form a friend living there. He didn't send me the tax return. In stead, I have a letter from his employer with headed paper, stating the annual salary of the person and that the the person is a permanent employee, etc.. I hope that would be enough and they don't ask me for the tax return.

best,
lome

CN: 2010AF19***. I used anonymous person as my sponsor, i.e. A frnd of mine in Nig gav me his contact. Bt nw i have gotten som1 i knw (a citizen of US). Is it possible 2change my sponsor and lastly do any1 hav an idea on wen dey will reach my case numbr. Could u imagine dat for d past 2month dey are stil in 14+. Hw do dey even calculate dis stuf.

Ayoblack,

Thank you very much. I have got most of the documents. I am supposed to get a police clearnce from three countries. as of now, I can only get from two of them. The third one gave me a very long appointment and if I had to wait for that it means I had to reschedule my interview appointment. I thought the latter carries more risk than go without the police clearance for now and supply it later if asked to. I have also got the support form a friend living there. He didn't send me the tax return. In stead, I have a letter from his employer with headed paper, stating the annual salary of the person and that the the person is a permanent employee, etc.. I hope that would be enough and they don't ask me for the tax return.

best,
lome

Lome,

U may be lucky at the interview because I took my sponsors employment letter that stated his annual salary and also his bank statement but they still said I should get the federal tax return form. I dont know the reason why they ask for the federal tax return form and I dont know if they asked everybody to bring it. So they may ask u and they may not. U will find out at the interview. But it is better to still go rather than re-schedule.

All the best

CN: 2010AF19***. I used anonymous person as my sponsor, i.e. A frnd of mine in Nig gav me his contact. Bt nw i have gotten som1 i knw (a citizen of US). Is it possible 2change my sponsor and lastly do any1 hav an idea on wen dey will reach my case numbr. Could u imagine dat for d past 2month dey are stil in 14+. Hw do dey even calculate dis stuf.

Ohis,

Yeah u can change ur sponsor. I used my friend name and address on form DS230 and I used a different person when I went for my interview and nothing was asked about it.

Thank you for your prompt response Ayo. wish you best of favour tomorrow Lome. I am waiting to hear your good news. i think the waiting for a few weeks is now tougher than it was a few months ago. Ayo, Lome, did you receive your 2nd letter and when did you receive it if you did or did you have to write to them?

Also, how soon can i leave the states after entering with my husband as i am thinking of not resigning my job here as a manager until my husband gets a job there and he is able to settle down there.

I arrived the US safely on monday 15th.It was a nice trip with Delta airline.
If you are carrying foodstuff make sure u declare them in the form given to you during the trip.I carried only grounded pepper,crayfish and melon.They pass the bags through a scanning machine.
Guys it is nice to enter this country with that dv visa.Wish guys who are yet to be current Godspeed and those current success in their interview.

Gasper,
I was about coming to the forum to shout when u sent your note.
Thank God for Journey mercies, I am really so happy for you.

Thank you for your prompt response Ayo. wish you best of favour tomorrow Lome. I am waiting to hear your good news. i think the waiting for a few weeks is now tougher than it was a few months ago. Ayo, Lome, did you receive your 2nd letter and when did you receive it if you did or did you have to write to them?

Also, how soon can i leave the states after entering with my husband as i am thinking of not resigning my job here as a manager until my husband gets a job there and he is able to settle down there.

Startop,
I think you can leave anytime but you must not spend over six months outside the states.
I seem to be in a situation just like you and not leaving my job at least for now either

Ohis,
Just take it easy any your time will surely come.
Yes you can change your sponsor, besides I really do not think it is necassary as we were not even asked of any sponsor during our interviews.
Best of luck all the same.

That is so great. You must have been one of the luckiest person on earth. I will have mine tomorrow in london. So, you can imagine the pressure - i am a bit tensed now, but God is great!

If I may look bit silly but I have one issue; I heared you are not allowed to take in any electronics item into the emabssy and that they don't provide a temporary deposit service there. Where did you put your electronics stuff if you have taken one with you? I don't live in london. Although I can avoid all the rest, i need my mobile closer so that I break, in God's name, the great news once I finish the interview.

lome

Lome pls fear not for God's convenant with this forum is success and you are a partaker of this.
Best of luck and do come and break the good news tomorrow.

Ya what a good news!Atleast there is hope for our brothers and sisters with the case number 19xxx and abov.Smallacrimose,crownedvictory and all those current congrats.Dotman are you current now?

Thank you Gasper2000, all praise to God for the open door.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

My people,
I can see a lot of life was brought to the forum with the issue of the latest bulletin.
I am happy for all that have become current and I wish those that are going for interviews God's mercies and best of luck for those that are yet to be current.

Thank you. May Gods grace be with us all.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

Startop,

I received my 2nd NL about 3 weeks to my interview date. What I did was I rang KCC in December and they told me my interview has been scheduled and that my 2nd NL has been sent out to me. When I did not receive the letter 1st week of January I sent e-mail to them and they replied that if I do not receive it about a week to my interview that I should e-mail them and that they will re-send it to me via e-mail. But I received it few days later.

Ayoblack and Phluck2, thank u very much 4ur reply. Bt, phluck2 dnt u tink dey will ask me 4 Afidavit of sponsor during interview. Why i wanted to change sponsor is bcos of this AOS. I can get it easier frm dis my person. Wht do u tink?

Great house i really appreachiate the work all our members are doing here, pls i need many advice from all of you those that have successfull interview and all members of the house am to go for my interview by april i have just started my medicals. concerning the educational interview am a national diploma holder can i study my project or which other are should i expect questions from thanks i need A fast reply plesae.

Ayoblack and Phluck2, thank u very much 4ur reply. Bt, phluck2 dnt u tink dey will ask me 4 Afidavit of sponsor during interview. Why i wanted to change sponsor is bcos of this AOS. I can get it easier frm dis my person. Wht do u tink?

Ohis,
Do not worry, the CO will not ask you for AOS.
Just go and collect you visa.
Best of luck.

Great house i really appreachiate the work all our members are doing here, pls i need many advice from all of you those that have successfull interview and all members of the house am to go for my interview by april i have just started my medicals. concerning the educational interview am a national diploma holder can i study my project or which other are should i expect questions from thanks i need A fast reply plesae.

I will advice you dwell more on your best subject in O'level. You can also read thru your project as well.
Best of luck