• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

found this forum few days to my interview. interesting!

my observation today@ the embassy...

Our people are timid and can't put up a nice argument to support their points. communication barrier!

Even if you'r not confident bout your English, at least be reasonable, show some composure!

Others go for overkill, a certain guy, not DVC tho, kept dancing around n making all kinds of hand gestures n all...

Don't make it look like a big job trying to convince them.

Some other guy looked 35 and kept saying he was 20, who be fool!

A lady had her O'levels complete and yet couldn't solve a simple division.

If you highest level of Qualification is O'level, expect questions from there.

If a uni/poly certificate, expect to give an overview of your course(my CO didn't knw much about my course, so she asked for an overview)

invariably your project topic and what you did.

this thing(interview for DVC winners) is supposed to be like a walk-in-th-park.

One final thought: I observed they'r ever willing to issue out th visas..cheers

ALL THINGS ARE YOURS!

Thanks for your candid talk and 'eagle-eyed' observations. You know last time out someone was trying to make a case why the CO that interviewed him did not get him the pass. The guy's statements did not even convince me, the non-expert, folks here were calling for my head.

It is quite strange but everywhere that most Nigerian graduates do not know their onions-we blame who now? You only blame yourself when you want a job position in a set-up that is based on merit or when you get to the Embassy where when they want you to speak, you speak well and not pushing in your tiger paper. I did IELTS, last Saturday, you do not replace reading with writing.

am sure Wekere got to Maryland from DC by road, cos it's very close. I live in Maryland, yet most of my activities are in Washington DC..

bt phluck i had d same experience wt dis psn.i learnt dat u can not b given an Npc birth if u ar 18+.bt i already hv mine wen i was 18.

jolo,

Most of the forumites did NPC and of course we are far above 18 years. Visit state Headquarters of National Population Commission and make some enquiries in the state where you live.

am sure Wekere got to Maryland from DC by road, cos it's very close. I live in Maryland, yet most of my activities are in Washington DC..

O boy, see how our petit of dat day just dey yan Maryland and DC. a beg enjoy, no bi you do'am na God.

The the children of God say a big AMEN.
Thanks for the word, now the confidence is getting higher than before.

Phluck,

Confidence need to rise ooo b/cos the bombardment of prayers alone for una head, success must come una way in Jesus name.

Phluck,

Confidence need to rise ooo b/cos the bombardment of prayers alone for una head, success must come una way in Jesus name.

Amen my brother.
Thanks. How is the family?
My regards to madam and the kids.
By His special grace we have made it already.

Its a new week and with it comes a new month. I wish all those that are going for their interviews success and those waiting for the new bulletin to be current the very best of luck.
Guys what do you think the figures will be like? any predictions?

@wekere, how did u get to Maryland from washington, by Flight?.

No, it wasn't by flight. The fact is that Dulles International Airport (Washington D. C) is close to Maryland and Virginia, its about 30 mins drive. My friend came to pick me up from the airport. You have to confirm where exactly you are going in Maryland to estimate the distance from the airport. Note, when you are done with all the security check with customs and immigration in the airport, at the passenger waiting area, you can work to the enquiry reception and call the number of whom ever will pick you up, its free of charge.
Hope this helps, you can send me a mail for any other info.
Goodluck.

@petit, abeg o which evening lessons u dey take o maybe I can do it here in chicago too. Moreover I got my SSN on FEB 26th too, I applied for it a week ago. Will start job hunting from monday onward.

[B]HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD[/B]
I am always happy to be here and also to know that our God is doing a great job in the life of His childrens,or how can you explain Petit doin her business in DC while she resides in Maryland NOT the one in Lagos but Yankee,Abeg make una help give Three hearty Gbosa! to BaBa Himself for this great thing that he is doin in the life of our sister,dear sis am really so happy for u and welcome to the life of busyness 24/7; there is more what about bammy from Kaduna to Okhlaoma,Na God not forgetting wekere and wahheed1 already on the ground too, if we take a step back some months ago all this seems impossible. To my brothers and sisters in the house that are already current and are preparing for their interviews you only have to look unto God and He will see u through if it is possible for both my good freind gasper2000 and favour2me,God will make it also possible 4 u,and to those of us yet to be current don't worry be happy,it is written 'That He Has made everything beautiful in His own Time', God's time is the best soon we will all become current, Have a bless week everyone, both home and abroad we shall all march in to our joy in this new month. Shalom!

congratulation to all the people that had a successful interview in feb. and to those people in march.. God will do it for all of you amen
Plucks this is ur march........ we are waiting for ur testimony
HPY NEW MONTH

Shall I re-schedule my interview?

Dear all I need your help:

I am supposed to have interview in London, and just learned that my interview is scheduled in three or so weeks time. One of the countries from which I need to get a police clearance told me I can only get it in 45 working days, which is going to be a week after the date on which my interview is scheduled. Although I can get the remaining document, some at extra charge, I can't produce that police certificate on the date of my interview.

What do forum mates advice me? Shall I re-schedule the date, or just go to the interview without it, on the assumption that it doesn't result in denial but prolongs the date of issuance of the visa?

I need your help guys,

thanks

Dear all I need your help:

I am supposed to have interview in London, and just learned that my interview is scheduled in three or so weeks time. One of the countries from which I need to get a police clearance told me I can only get it in 45 working days, which is going to be a week after the date on which my interview is scheduled. Although I can get the remaining document, some at extra charge, I can't produce that police certificate on the date of my interview.

What do forum mates advice me? Shall I re-schedule the date, or just go to the interview without it, on the assumption that it doesn't result in denial but prolongs the date of issuance of the visa?

I need your help guys,

thanks

Lome,

U dont need to re-schedule ur interview especially at this very period of the year. What I would suggest is that u shud go for the interview, the CO will do the necessary interview and check all ur documents and if there is any other documents they want u to bring (for example the police certificate u were talking about), they will just tell u to send it to them together with ur passport and u wont need to go back there again.
I had a similar case when i went for my own interview in london earlier last month and i was told the police certificate that i submitted is not acceptable that i shud get the right one and some other documents from my sponsor and send it to them thru courier. They will give u the number to call to arrange for courier to pick the documents from u and the same courier will return it back to u.
It is very dificult to get interview date these days, so dont re-schedule ur interview. If u have any other question(s), do not hesitate to ask me.

I wish u goodluck in ur interview

Thanks guys for the reply; pls i need advise on something else. In my forms i filled my secondary school and WAEC May/June result info but something unfortunate happened to that WAEC certificate its lost. but i have another one from a previous year which is private WAEC Nov/Dec otherwise known as GCE and WAEC says they cannot re issue another certificate but can only send a confirmation to them and it costs a lot can i just use my GCE/WAEC CERTIFICATE or should i depend on the scratch card? How acceptable is the scratch card? Thanks Y'all..........

im new

hi guys, im a ghanaian and i must say im amazed by the wonderful work u all are doin on this forum... im a dv 2010 winner as well bt my case num is quiet large, bt im hopin for the best though..... wish u all the best.

case num: 2010AF00058***
1st NL Dated: 28th May 2009
received : 17th June 2009
Awaiting 2nd Letter

WITH GOD I KNOW THAT I CAN MAKE IT......

@mamma05, during my interview i used my G.C.E meanwhile i put in waec on d DS form. Wasnt asked why at all, only presented a scratch card + a copy of d result(GCE) which dey dint even use...But u cant predict these CO's...goodluck2u...