• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

phluck my brother,

I used my church mind to do some reseach and to give a candid advise to fellow forumite based on past experience from friends, just the way petit and our older big brothers and sisters (all in state now) use do with respect and are still doing. Just to play my own quoter, the boy begin blast me no bi small. However, our matured brothers and sisters have vindicated me.

Nevertheless, i must continue tp pray for you and others going for their interview next week, success must come you people's way in Jesus name

Joequi,
Thanks for the prayers, God will surely see us thru.
Please take it easy ok

congrats!
TO GOD BE THE GLORY,GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE .........! hello house, God has decided to favour me because i had a successful interview today.here is my success story:

I got to embassy at arround 5:30a.m.I was the first person to get there even before the security men.Later the security men arrived as other applicants too trooped in. I was sheduled for 7.am appointment and was called to line up some munites before 7. we went through the normal security check after i submitted my letter of appointment.I later went in to pay. I payed in dollars exactly $775.When I entered the interview hall,a nigerian lady called my number to collect my documents both orriginal and photocopy.I was number 6.This was done arround 8:30 am. I was asked to sit down and wait.4 COs took position and was calling lots of numbers even those behind me.This enough made me to start geting nervous but none of the DV applicants called before me was denied.As a result,I surmmond courage.At about 10:15,the arab guy called my number.I was happy because he had been linient.
CO...... good morning
ME......replied
CO......raise up your right hand that you will say the truth
ME.......I did,after i did finger print
CO......what is your DOB?
ME......correct answer
CO......what is your highest level of education?
ME.....correct answer
CO.....your dicipline,tell me somthing about it(I studied Mineral Resources Engin.)?
ME.....correct answer
CO....tell me about your final project?
ME......correct answer
CO.......the topics you went through,list them?
ME.......As I started listing them one by one,he asked me to stop and explain two and i did correctly
CO.........are you married?
ME..........yes but I immediately told him It was after I entered for DV2010 and I did not send notification to KCC due to financial challengies that will be involved.He equally asked whether i have child and I told him yes.
CO.......after you played the DV also?
ME.........yes
CO..........what is your plan about them?
ME...........I will file for them after i get there
CO..........you are qualified to immigrate to USA. Brought a paper. This time a white paper.told me to go to a specified location an pick up my visa.
ME........thank you.
That was it! God who did this will also do for phluck2,jolomi and the rest waiting for their inteview and to be current.
r
CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
2ND NL received-25th Jan,2010
MEDICALS STARTED-09/02/2010
MEDICALS COMPLETED-17/02/2010
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL-23/02/2010
NOW TO PICK UP VISA.

"HE KNOWS THE THOUGHTS HE HAS TOWARDS ME,SAITH THE LORD,THOUGHTS OF PEACE AND NOT OF EVIL,TO GIVE ME AN EXPECTED END. Jere.1:29"

Proposal for Changes in Schedule of Fees for Consular Services

On February 9, 2010 the Department of State published a proposed rule in the Federal Register to change certain consular fees, including those related to U.S. passport and passport card applications, immigrant visas, and other services provided to U.S. and foreign citizens. For further information about the proposed fee increases, please visit:
http://www.travel.state.gov/news/news_1735.html

Hi guys
I got my visa last week Friday. There were a lot of guys who came for their visas on Friday. After we entered the embassy premises a young black American lady and a Ghanaian came to talk to us. They told us the dos and dont's of the green card, for instance those that were going through as fiancee were to get married to their American spouse by 90 days of their entering the US or they forfeit getting a green card. Our names were mentioned in batches and we went inside the embassy to take our visas. The embassy retains the medical report.police report and affidavit of support(if you submitted one) , documents that are returned to you are your educational certificates, passport picture(1 copy), visa application receipt and birth certificates. The embassy also gives 2 sheet of papers, one talks briefly about the green card and the other tells you about social security . I was given a brownish yellow envelope to give to immigration officials at the port of entry. I was thinking my visa would be valid from the day I took it(19th) but it wasn't so, It's valid from 16th February to 15th August.

@ ayoblack & favor2me, Congrats on your successful interviews. All those current in March, all the best in the final process in Nigeria. I got the info for April, Mr Phluck2, i hopw u r in now.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN APRIL
For April, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as
follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the
specified allocation cut-off number:
Region
All DV
Chargeability
Areas Except
Those Listed
Separately
AFRICA 31,700
Except:
Egypt: 20,800
Ethiopia: 19,300
Nigeria: 14,600
ASIA 13,600
EUROPE 26,300
NORTH AMERICA
(BAHAMAS)
OCEANIA 1,000
SOUTH
AMERICA, and
the CARIBBEAN
D. OBTAINING THE MONTHLY VISA BULLETIN
The Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs offers the monthly "Visa Bulletin" on the INTERNET'S WORLDWIDE WEB. The INTERNET
Web address to access the Bulletin is:

TO GOD BE THE GLORY,GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE .........! hello house, God has decided to favour me because i had a successful interview today.here is my success story:

I got to embassy at arround 5:30a.m.I was the first person to get there even before the security men.Later the security men arrived as other applicants too trooped in. I was sheduled for 7.am appointment and was called to line up some munites before 7. we went through the normal security check after i submitted my letter of appointment.I later went in to pay. I payed in dollars exactly $775.When I entered the interview hall,a nigerian lady called my number to collect my documents both orriginal and photocopy.I was number 6.This was done arround 8:30 am. I was asked to sit down and wait.4 COs took position and was calling lots of numbers even those behind me.This enough made me to start geting nervous but none of the DV applicants called before me was denied.As a result,I surmmond courage.At about 10:15,the arab guy called my number.I was happy because he had been linient.
CO...... good morning
ME......replied
CO......raise up your right hand that you will say the truth
ME.......I did,after i did finger print
CO......what is your DOB?
ME......correct answer
CO......what is your highest level of education?
ME.....correct answer
CO.....your dicipline,tell me somthing about it(I studied Mineral Resources Engin.)?
ME.....correct answer
CO....tell me about your final project?
ME......correct answer
CO.......the topics you went through,list them?
ME.......As I started listing them one by one,he asked me to stop and explain two and i did correctly
CO.........are you married?
ME..........yes but I immediately told him It was after I entered for DV2010 and I did not send notification to KCC due to financial challengies that will be involved.He equally asked whether i have child and I told him yes.
CO.......after you played the DV also?
ME.........yes
CO..........what is your plan about them?
ME...........I will file for them after i get there
CO..........you are qualified to immigrate to USA. Brought a paper. This time a white paper.told me to go to a specified location an pick up my visa.
ME........thank you.
That was it! God who did this will also do for phluck2,jolomi and the rest waiting for their inteview and to be current.
r
CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
2ND NL received-25th Jan,2010
MEDICALS STARTED-09/02/2010
MEDICALS COMPLETED-17/02/2010
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL-23/02/2010
NOW TO PICK UP VISA.

"HE KNOWS THE THOUGHTS HE HAS TOWARDS ME,SAITH THE LORD,THOUGHTS OF PEACE AND NOT OF EVIL,TO GIVE ME AN EXPECTED END. Jere.1:29"

Congrats favors2me wishing phluck and those going for interviews all d best next week.

@Favour2me congrats
It is a sealed deal that once you are from this forum success is yours.
Joloms and phluck God has taken care of yours too.Goodluck!

Guys I picked up my visa today.Is God not a wonderful planner?I was born on the 24th,registered for lottery 24th,and picked up my visa 24th.
Thank you guys for the support all this time.

@Favour2me congrats
It is a sealed deal that once you are from this forum success is yours.
Joloms and phluck God has taken care of yours too.Goodluck!

Gasper thanks.
Success is God's convenant with this forum.
Success is ours by His grace.
Joloms no shaking oh we done make am already.

Guys I picked up my visa today.Is God not a wonderful planner?I was born on the 24th,registered for lottery 24th,and picked up my visa 24th.

Congrats bros,
Do not forget that His words says He will make everything beautiful in His time.
Best of luck as you plan your trip to the land of hope.

found this forum few days to my interview. interesting!

my observation today@ the embassy...

Our people are timid and can't put up a nice argument to support their points. communication barrier!

Even if you'r not confident bout your English, at least be reasonable, show some composure!

Others go for overkill, a certain guy, not DVC tho, kept dancing around n making all kinds of hand gestures n all...

Don't make it look like a big job trying to convince them.

Some other guy looked 35 and kept saying he was 20, who be fool!

A lady had her O'levels complete and yet couldn't solve a simple division.

If you highest level of Qualification is O'level, expect questions from there.

If a uni/poly certificate, expect to give an overview of your course(my CO didn't knw much about my course, so she asked for an overview)

invariably your project topic and what you did.

this thing(interview for DVC winners) is supposed to be like a walk-in-th-park.

One final thought: I observed they'r ever willing to issue out th visas..cheers

ALL THINGS ARE YOURS!

O boy make sure you arrive in the US on the 24th to complete the sequence.................lol

gasper,

Of course He is a wonderful planner. Congratesssss.

Behold i wl do a new thing an it shal spring forth.i wil make a way in d wildernes n a river in d desert.HE HAS DECREED IT N SURELY IT SHAL COME 2 PASS.

Great forumites, its nice coming here once again. I congratulate those that were successful in their interviews and also wish those waiting success too, becos I know Our Redeemer liveth and He'll surely grant each and every one success.

Pls for those who have bn in the US for some time now, I really do need ur help and advice. I got into the US in Dec 2009 and actually changed my address at the POE, but alas! even up till yesterday, I've bn going to the Social Security Office and the Homeland Office for my SSN and GC, but believe me, up till now, I've not got either of the two and they keep on telling me in their office in Tampa Florida dt d delay in getting them might be due to d weather situation dt becos of snow, they couldnt post the 2. I'm really in a state of confussion and worried too becos I couldnt get any job without d SSN most especially and as u know, dts d only way to survive here, pls advice me on what to do and let this be urgent too. Thank u great forumites.

Great forumites, its nice coming here once again. I congratulate those that were successful in their interviews and also wish those waiting success too, becos I know Our Redeemer liveth and He'll surely grant each and every one success.

Pls for those who have bn in the US for some time now, I really do need ur help and advice. I got into the US in Dec 2009 and actually changed my address at the POE, but alas! even up till yesterday, I've bn going to the Social Security Office and the Homeland Office for my SSN and GC, but believe me, up till now, I've not got either of the two and they keep on telling me in their office in Tampa Florida dt d delay in getting them might be due to d weather situation dt becos of snow, they couldnt post the 2. I'm really in a state of confussion and worried too becos I couldnt get any job without d SSN most especially and as u know, dts d only way to survive here, pls advice me on what to do and let this be urgent too. Thank u great forumites.

I used to check the status of my GC online then via the link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

The receipt number is the A-number on your DV Visa. You can also call them with the A-number too.

I can remember calling them many times about the status of my GC.

Hope this helps!

It is well