• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Hello House,

I really appreciate everybody on this forum. I finally got my VISA today via the courier service. I did my interview in LONDON on 3rd of february and I was told to go and get police certificate with the fingerprint done in the UK and 2008 1040 federal tax form from my sponsor and courier it back to them. I got the 2 documents they asked me to get and courier it back to them last week and I finally got my VISA today.

My questions are;

1. How do u know ur point of entry (POE) because there was nothing like that on the visa?
2. Can I also change my address at the point of entry because the address on the documents sent to me was the one I used when I was filling the form DS230 which is my friends address, and it is completely different to my sponsors address?

Also u guys shud still remember me in prayer bcos my wife still need to do her own interview in Nigeria although it has been stated in my own visa that i am married.

Once again thanx so much for all the contributions so far on this great forum.

CN; 2010AF0002*********
Reg for DV; Nov. 2008
1st NL; July 2009
Form Sent back to KCC; Aug. 2009
Got Married; Oct. 2009
Form DS230 for myself and wife; Oct 2009
2nd NL Received; Jan. 2010
Medical; Jan. 2010
Interviewed; Feb. 2010
Visa Delayed to get some other documents
Visa Received Feb. 2010

To God be all the Honour!

Bammyrichie, I beg to dissagree with you. You can have both your GC and SSN within a month on getting here. Mine and several others are clear examples. I and my family got ours exactly 3 weeks after we got here. A lady staying with us now arrived mid November, 2009 and in less than a month also got both her GC and SSN. It is however true that some people get theirs late. I really don't know what could be responsible for that. I am also not sure that change of address have any role to play in this because the lady staying with us also changed her own address at the POE from somewhere in Florida to our address and it did not delay her getting her cards. If you also go through some of the past posts you will find alot of people that got theirs pretty early.

I visit this site virtually everyday to see how you guys are doing( though I don't contribute) and I am happy for what God is doing for members of this forum. I congratulate those who have had successful interviews, especially those already here in the USA, and wish those yet to have their interview success in also. May God bless you all.

Frola,
Nice note of clarity you have written which a believe is enough to get us back focus on the task ahead, which is for some of us waiting to get current, others waiting for interviews and some others waiting to jet off to the land of hope.
Please do not be passive whenever u visit but be active for the sake of us all as you know the advise from the experiences of your likes cannot be overemphasized.
Thanks and always come around to share experiences and advise.

Phluck i wonder y d house is in argument o.please yall who hv bn succesful shld use dis forum 2 pray 4 we dat are soon to d hot seat.pls dat is wat i hv knwn dis forum for and nt argument.abeg make una try pray 4 us.phluck hw far.tension dey high o

My brother blood pressure dey go up meanwhile our dear forumites that are known for prayers are arguing. Pls we need all the prayers we can get now.
God is still on His throne so all is well. WE shall MAKE it in His name.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY,GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE .........! hello house, God has decided to favour me because i had a successful interview today.here is my success story:

I got to embassy at arround 5:30a.m.I was the first person to get there even before the security men.Later the security men arrived as other applicants too trooped in. I was sheduled for 7.am appointment and was called to line up some munites before 7. we went through the normal security check after i submitted my letter of appointment.I later went in to pay. I payed in dollars exactly $775.When I entered the interview hall,a nigerian lady called my number to collect my documents both orriginal and photocopy.I was number 6.This was done arround 8:30 am. I was asked to sit down and wait.4 COs took position and was calling lots of numbers even those behind me.This enough made me to start geting nervous but none of the DV applicants called before me was denied.As a result,I surmmond courage.At about 10:15,the arab guy called my number.I was happy because he had been linient.
CO...... good morning
ME......replied
CO......raise up your right hand that you will say the truth
ME.......I did,after i did finger print
CO......what is your DOB?
ME......correct answer
CO......what is your highest level of education?
ME.....correct answer
CO.....your dicipline,tell me somthing about it(I studied Mineral Resources Engin.)?
ME.....correct answer
CO....tell me about your final project?
ME......correct answer
CO.......the topics you went through,list them?
ME.......As I started listing them one by one,he asked me to stop and explain two and i did correctly
CO.........are you married?
ME..........yes but I immediately told him It was after I entered for DV2010 and I did not send notification to KCC due to financial challengies that will be involved.He equally asked whether i have child and I told him yes.
CO.......after you played the DV also?
ME.........yes
CO..........what is your plan about them?
ME...........I will file for them after i get there
CO..........you are qualified to immigrate to USA. Brought a paper. This time a white paper.told me to go to a specified location an pick up my visa.
ME........thank you.
That was it! God who did this will also do for phluck2,jolomi and the rest waiting for their inteview and to be current.
r
CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
2ND NL received-25th Jan,2010
MEDICALS STARTED-09/02/2010
MEDICALS COMPLETED-17/02/2010
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL-23/02/2010
NOW TO PICK UP VISA.

"HE KNOWS THE THOUGHTS HE HAS TOWARDS ME,SAITH THE LORD,THOUGHTS OF PEACE AND NOT OF EVIL,TO GIVE ME AN EXPECTED END. Jere.1:29"

TO GOD BE THE GLORY,GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE .........! hello house, God has decided to favour me because i had a successful interview today.here is my success story:

I got to embassy at arround 5:30a.m.I was the first person to get there even before the security men.Later the security men arrived as other applicants too trooped in. I was sheduled for 7.am appointment and was called to line up some munites before 7. we went through the normal security check after i submitted my letter of appointment.I later went in to pay. I payed in dollars exactly $775.When I entered the interview hall,a nigerian lady called my number to collect my documents both orriginal and photocopy.I was number 6.This was done arround 8:30 am. I was asked to sit down and wait.4 COs took position and was calling lots of numbers even those behind me.This enough made me to start geting nervous but none of the DV applicants called before me was denied.As a result,I surmmond courage.At about 10:15,the arab guy called my number.I was happy because he had been linient.
CO...... good morning
ME......replied
ME......correct answer
ME.....correct answer
CO.....your dicipline,tell me somthing about it(I studied Mineral Resources Engin.)?
ME.....correct answer
ME......correct answer
ME.......As I started listing them one by one,he asked me to stop and explain two and i did correctly
ME..........yes but I immediately told him It was after I entered for DV2010 and I did not send notification to KCC due to financial challengies that will be involved.He equally asked whether i have child and I told him yes.
ME.........yes
CO..........you are qualified to immigrate to USA. Brought a paper. This time a white paper.told me to go to a specified location an pick up my visa.
ME........thank you.
That was it! God who did this will also do for phluck2,jolomi and the rest waiting for their inteview and to be current.
r
CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
NOW TO PICK UP VISA.

"HE KNOWS THE THOUGHTS HE HAS TOWARDS ME,SAITH THE LORD,THOUGHTS OF PEACE AND NOT OF EVIL,TO GIVE ME AN EXPECTED END. Jere.1:29"

congratulations favor2me.....God has sent favor to you. Favor would not cease from this forum for those of us that are waiting to be current and those who are waiting to be interviewed.....Congratulations once again...............

Hello House,

I really appreciate everybody on this forum. I finally got my VISA today via the courier service. I did my interview in LONDON on 3rd of february and I was told to go and get police certificate with the fingerprint done in the UK and 2008 1040 federal tax form from my sponsor and courier it back to them. I got the 2 documents they asked me to get and courier it back to them last week and I finally got my VISA today.

My questions are;

1. How do u know ur point of entry (POE) because there was nothing like that on the visa?
2. Can I also change my address at the point of entry because the address on the documents sent to me was the one I used when I was filling the form DS230 which is my friends address, and it is completely different to my sponsors address?

Also u guys shud still remember me in prayer bcos my wife still need to do her own interview in Nigeria although it has been stated in my own visa that i am married.

Once again thanx so much for all the contributions so far on this great forum.

CN; 2010AF0002*********
Reg for DV; Nov. 2008
1st NL; July 2009
Form Sent back to KCC; Aug. 2009
Got Married; Oct. 2009
Form DS230 for myself and wife; Oct 2009
2nd NL Received; Jan. 2010
Medical; Jan. 2010
Interviewed; Feb. 2010
Visa Delayed to get some other documents
Visa Received Feb. 2010

To God be all the Honour!

congratulations, we await your wife's testimony. Information is a powerful tool!!!

CO...... good morning
ME......replied
ME......correct answer
ME.....correct answer
ME.....correct answer
ME......correct answer
ME.........yes
ME........thank you.
r
CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
NOW TO PICK UP VISA.

Congratulations, thanks be to God for taking you through this battle successfully.

CO...... good morning
ME......replied
ME......correct answer
ME.....correct answer
ME.....correct answer
ME......correct answer
ME.........yes
ME........thank you.
r
CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
NOW TO PICK UP VISA.

Congratulations,

Indeed God has sent favor to you. News like this is what we are all interested in hearing in this great house. Your case was actually scary, but at last it became beautiful & interesting, to God be all the glory.

Cheers man.

@ Favor2me, congratulations on your successful interview... I'm happy to read all these great news in the house.. we go wash am ooo

JOEQUI, u are not in the country yet so don't argue with me pls............ no matter how all things being equal U CAN'T have it within a month.

bammy,

anyway it is your business, i am only given you an advise base on 2 friends who left last year.

You have your choice to make, of course it is a free world and you don't need to take my advise. You can as well forget about going to America and stay in Nigeria with ur wife, this is another advise probably a better one.

CO...... good morning
ME......replied
ME......correct answer
ME.....correct answer
ME.....correct answer
ME......correct answer
ME.........yes
ME........thank you.
r
CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
NOW TO PICK UP VISA.

Congratulations my brother,

This is the news we want to hear and not a blind arguement. A beg go and possess your possession.

CO...... good morning
ME......replied
ME......correct answer
ME.....correct answer
ME.....correct answer
ME......correct answer
ME.........yes
ME........thank you.
r
CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
NOW TO PICK UP VISA.

My dear,
I am so so happy for you, how I wish u could see the smile on my face when I was reading thru ur experience. The Lord is so good.
Congrats my dear and pls continue to pray for us.

My brother blood pressure dey go up meanwhile our dear forumites that are known for prayers are arguing. Pls we need all the prayers we can get now.
God is still on His throne so all is well. WE shall MAKE it in His name.

phluck my brother,

I used my church mind to do some reseach and to give a candid advise to fellow forumite based on past experience from friends, just the way petit and our older big brothers and sisters (all in state now) use do with respect and are still doing. Just to play my own quoter, the boy begin blast me no bi small. However, our matured brothers and sisters have vindicated me.

Nevertheless, i must continue tp pray for you and others going for their interview next week, success must come you people's way in Jesus name

Last edited by a moderator: