• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

You crossed-over

My dear forumites this is exactly how the interview went.
Got to the embassy at about 6:51am
Went through the first gate where we were issued the DV number 20.
We were then directed to seat and when to get checked in.
Mean while on the advise of Petit, Danje, Gasper et al that the place is always very cold I wore a jacket but men heat nearly kill una brother oh
We got checked in by 7:21 am
Went across the road and through the second check in by 7:40am
And the third and final check in around 7:45am
We went in and got seated.
We were called to window 10 by a Nigerian at about 8:10am and they requested for our documents.
As the lady was going thru she asked if we had paid the visa fees, I quickly went outside to pay.
My people I paid in US dollars and for a family of four I paid 3,100 USD.
My people as I was handing out the money (USD) I dey fire prayers follow am...say this money must not go in vain but for that which I am paying it for. (DV Visa).
I went back in submitted the passport and sat down.
At about 8:40am the Asian lady started the interviews and called a lady to the window 11. My people I could only hear when they asked for her date of birth and she paused for a while before answering, I was even surprised. Then she was asked for her family (husband and Children), she was now explaining that her house help will not follow then to the US.
The Co asked her how many people they paid for and she answered just her self and could not pay for any other person cos of finance and she was alone.
They the we were called to window 13 and the next thing I heard was she was not qualified.
My people then to ours.
CO: Where is the family
US: we are all here
CO: how old is ur first daughter cos she looks grown
My daughter: I am three
CO: She asked us to raise our hands for the oath and then the finger prints.
CO: Asked me to go and sit down and my wife continued.
CO:what is ur name
my wife:blah
CO:how old are you
My wife: Blah Blah Blah
CO: When did you finish
CO: Your highest qualification
CO: what did you study
CO: Laughs
CO: Was your course very difficult for you
CO:What is statistics
My wife: smiled
CO: Did you do a degree project? can you tell me about it?
CO: Did you do NYSC
CO: where did you serve
CO: What did u teach
CO: Can I see your photographs
Trust us we brought loads of albums and when she saw all the albums she asked us not to bother.
CO: saw just about 7 and she was satisfied and asked us to keep them
CO: Smiles, give me a minute while you call your family.
CO: CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
My people that was the magic as God has shown us once again that HIS convenant with us is SUCCESS

My sincere Grattitude to God almighty for His mercies, to livewire for starting this DV 2010 thread, to Petit, Gasper, Joequi, Bammyrichie, Solaonil, Favor2me, Ajaylagos,smalllacrimose, Dotman, Waheed, Ferdiii, Dumezi2010 and all others that I couldn't remember due to excitement.
Thank you and may the good Lord meet you at the point of your needs.
See you all in the Land of Hope USA.

Chineke!!!, see how God took your family across the red sea straight into the land of hope. My man, I felicitate with you. The God of Livewire, God of Bammyrichie, Gasper, Petit, Favour2me, Waheed, Danje and the God of Phluck will also favour the rest of us on the awaiting list in Jesus name.

Congratulobiaaaaaaaaa.

Ajaylagos,
I can see you are gradually doing small politics..............lol

You were so fast that your letter had already been transmitted b4 I submitted my memo. It's Honorable like you that deserve to be member of this house. You are a true Democrat.

Chineke!!!, see how God took your family across the red sea straight into the land of hope. My man, I felicitate with you. The God of Livewire, God of Bammyrichie, Gasper, Petit, Favour2me, Waheed, Danje and the God of Phluck will also favour the rest of us on the awaiting list in Jesus name.

Congratulobiaaaaaaaaa.

Ajaylagos,
I say a big Amen.

You were so fast that your letter had already been transmitted b4 I submitted my memo. It's Honorable like you that deserve to be member of this house. You are a true Democrat.

Ajay,
I can see you are an interested member of politics.
I beg remember me when u get there oooooooo
Dont worry yours will equally be a walk in the park.
It is well with all of us.

Mean while on the advise of Petit, Danje, Gasper et al that the place is always very cold I wore a jacket but men heat nearly kill una brother oh
We were called to window 10 by a Nigerian at about 8:10am and they requested for our documents.
As the lady was going thru she asked if we had paid the visa fees, I quickly went outside to pay.
My people as I was handing out the money (USD) I dey fire prayers follow am...say this money must not go in vain but for that which I am paying it for. (DV Visa).
At about 8:40am the Asian lady started the interviews and called a lady to the window 11. My people I could only hear when they asked for her date of birth and she paused for a while before answering, I was even surprised. Then she was asked for her family (husband and Children), she was now explaining that her house help will not follow then to the US.
The Co asked her how many people they paid for and she answered just her self and could not pay for any other person cos of finance and she was alone.
They the we were called to window 13 and the next thing I heard was she was not qualified.
My people then to ours.
Trust us we brought loads of albums and when she saw all the albums she asked us not to bother.
My people that was the magic as God has shown us once again that HIS convenant with us is SUCCESS

My sincere Grattitude to God almighty for His mercies, to livewire for starting this DV 2010 thread, to Petit, Gasper, Joequi, Bammyrichie, Solaonil, Favor2me, Ajaylagos,smalllacrimose, Dotman, Waheed, Ferdiii, Dumezi2010 and all others that I couldn't remember due to excitement.

Phluck my man,

A big big congratulationsssss. Our good God has done it again just like that. Will call you soon

pls urgent help needed as below:
hello my wife won th dv2010 lottery. we got married after applying as singles for the dv lottery.we went for interview this feb 2010 ,without our medical report because it wasnt ready. interview went on fine as we were both interviewed seperately by the c.o. after the interview we were given a 221g letter and in it we were told to get our medicals and courtship pictures.the co asked us which day is more convinient for both of us and we chose a week later because of my job. surprisingly on that day we were taking to a seperate unit upstairs one ofter the other and we were interviewed, interrogated and asked all sorts of questions by a team called F.P.U.
requirements we were asked to bring on that day was not even collected, uptill date still not.
after the interview we were just told the embassy will get back to us on phone that i should keep my phone on all the time.
till date no phone call.
i sent a mail to the us embassy, lagos and i was replied that our case is under administrative processing.
1. is this a routine way for everyone?
2. how long does it take for the ADMIN. PROCESSING?
3. Is there something hidden we were not told?
pls urgent help is needed as per what next to do
thankyou to every that can help as soon as possible.

My people then to ours.

Congratulations................Prophet Phluck.......God has done it for you and your family. I am so happy for your family. The wait is over.....The good lord who has started the great work will complete it for your family.

pls urgent help needed as below:
hello my wife won th dv2010 lottery. we got married after applying as singles for the dv lottery.we went for interview this feb 2010 ,without our medical report because it wasnt ready. interview went on fine as we were both interviewed seperately by the c.o. after the interview we were given a 221g letter and in it we were told to get our medicals and courtship pictures.the co asked us which day is more convinient for both of us and we chose a week later because of my job. surprisingly on that day we were taking to a seperate unit upstairs one ofter the other and we were interviewed, interrogated and asked all sorts of questions by a team called F.P.U.
requirements we were asked to bring on that day was not even collected, uptill date still not.
after the interview we were just told the embassy will get back to us on phone that i should keep my phone on all the time.
till date no phone call.
i sent a mail to the us embassy, lagos and i was replied that our case is under administrative processing.
1. is this a routine way for everyone?
2. how long does it take for the ADMIN. PROCESSING?
3. Is there something hidden we were not told?
pls urgent help is needed as per what next to do
thankyou to every that can help as soon as possible.

Answer:
1. No its not the normal routine for everyone, it depends on your situation
2. No one knows how long your admin processing will last. When they complete their investigation they will call or notify you
3. I dont think there is anything hidden about your interview or the process

Fiso, keep praying. Did you get married after applying for the lottery or after you received your first notification letter. They sometimes do this for newly married couples just to make sure that their marriage is genuine. When they took you upstairs did they ask both of you similar questions? If your answer matches, then you would be granted the visa by God's grace. Trust God and keep praying. They might also want to take time to go around your neighborhood just to check the authenticity of your marriage.

Please edit your signature like the rest of us, so we know how to advice you better.

Last edited by a moderator:
And when He turned again the captivity of Zion, they were like they that dreamed and their mouth was full of laughter.
My dear forumites it is the Lords doing this morning when our interview was successfully granted.
The low down will follow shortly

i like this...............

Congratulations phluck2 He who began the good work for you has faithfully completed it. I pray God will continue to be with you and your family always and greater thing He will do for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATION
To our very own prophet Phluck2 i greatly rejoice with you all your selfless service to this honourable house was greatly rewarded,well done rejoice and enjoy,he that begins a good work in you will complete it,as for the next level He will Provide 4 u.again congratulation.

My people then to ours.

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family!.God does not begin a work He cant complete. He has brought you this far and even not through yet. I am so happy for you.Congrats again

CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
2ND NL received-25th Jan,2010
MEDICALS STARTED-09/02/2010
MEDICALS COMPLETED-17/02/2010
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL-23/02/2010
VISA PICKED UP -02/03/2010
NOW TO TRAVEL BY HIS GRACE

"HE KNOWS THE THOUGHTS HE HAS TOWARDS ME,SAITH THE LORD,THOUGHTS OF PEACE AND NOT OF EVIL,TO GIVE ME AN EXPECTED END. Jere.1:29"

Finally! glad this is coming cos I have waited and waited for this good news from u Phluck... my big brov, God is true to His promises, happy for u, how we go wash am?

Hi fiso... Congratulations you won the DV 2010. In the case of Administrative processing, all hopes should not be lost, some people get lucky and they call them back before the fiscal year ends which is September 2010. During the administrative processing, your case filed is looked into closely and all your documents are verified. Some people go for the interview as fake couples or on contract basis, some are denied visa out rightly once they discover their marriage is fake, other cases are observed carefully and put on administrative processing. So just pray they call you back before September 30. Goodluck.

My people then to ours.

Prophet phluck am so happy for you and ur family. I just saw ur posts now my internet was not working all day. Congrats

PlS do they usually ask for sponsors during the interview? and what kind of evidence from the sponsor does one need is it a letter from the person or statement of account and does the person have to be a US resident or can it be someone in Nigeria?

Thanks Y'all in d house 4 all ur speedy replies. I have yet another question i had my police cert done a while ago cuz i dint kno how long twas going to take b4 my interview date would be set but d police cert expired and all they did was staple another one on the old one with d finger prints i had months ago they said d finger prints r still ok and they stamped it with a recent da Pls is this ok?

Thanks Y'all in d house 4 all ur speedy replies. I have yet another question i had my police cert done a while ago cuz i dint kno how long twas going to take b4 my interview date would be set but d police cert expired and all they did was staple another one on the old one with d finger prints i had months ago they said d finger prints r still ok and they stamped it with a recent date Pls is this ok?

Congratulations Phluck 2 and your family He who started the good work has Faithfully completed it. Praise God!!! Pls dont 4get us in d forum oh still keep in touch and keep us posted.

My people then to ours.

There is nothing as refreshing as that word CONGRATULATIONS!WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES.It is a beautiful word that one wants to keep hearing all the time.
Phluck2, i join the CO in welcoming you to the States.All the best,we shall meet there soon!