• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Thanks to ya all for your response but can our son travel on my passport?

2010AF00031xxx
1nl recieved in May, 2009
received confirmation after 3days
started police report on 26/2/2010
2nl recieved 3/3/2010
to pick up police report on 16/3/2010
yet to start medicals

Thanks to ya all for your response but can our son travel on my passport?

2010AF00031xxx
1nl recieved in May, 2009
received confirmation after 3days
started police report on 26/2/2010
2nl recieved 3/3/2010
to pick up police report on 16/3/2010
yet to start medicals

Abutay,
No, your son cannoty travel ony our p[assport. you have to get a seperate one for him

Hi smalllacrimose. After several weeks of absolute silence, let me use my prediction for April bulletin to bounce back on this our mighty, wonderful, and God blessed forum. My prediction for April bulletin is between AF15,000 and AF15,200. Let's see if my prediction comes true :). So my sister how u dey now? Hope everything is going well with you! For my side, I dey kamkpe. lol.

For those who have had successful interviews and for those who have successfully migrated to God's own country, I say congratulations. All the honour and glory to the almighty God. For those of us still waiting, nothing to fear for God will sure do it for us as he has done it for other members of this God's blessed forum who have succeeded in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen! Let somebody second this mighty Amen. God has done it for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prophet Phluck, Izi, Joequi, ajaylagos, dotman, solaonil and others......what you think?

I know phluck has crossed-over but we cant do without our in-house prophet

Hi smalllacrimose. After several weeks of absolute silence, let me use my prediction for April bulletin to bounce back on this our mighty, wonderful, and God blessed forum. My prediction for April bulletin is between AF15,000 and AF15,200. Let's see if my prediction comes true . So my sister how u dey now? Hope everything is going well with you! For my side, I dey kamkpe. lol.

For those who have had successful interviews and for those who have successfully migrated to God's own country, I say congratulations, all the honour and glory to the almighty God. For those of us still waiting, nothing to fear for God will sure do it for us as he has done it for other members of this God's blessed forum who have succeeded in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen! Let somebody second this mighty Amen. God has done it for us.

Thanks Y'all in d house 4 all ur speedy replies. I have yet another question i had my police cert done a while ago cuz i dint kno how long twas going to take b4 my interview date would be set but d police cert expired and all they did was staple another one on the old one with d finger prints i had months ago they said d finger prints r still ok and they stamped it with a recent date Pls is this ok? and what is this sponsor hing about and what kind of evidence is reqired from ur sponsor is it a US resient or citizen or........?
Congratulations Phluck 2 and your family He who started the good work has Faithfully completed it. Praise God!!! Pls dont 4get us in d forum oh still keep in touch and keep us posted.

@ Mamma05, you are good to go with the Police Cert, it's just a renewal and the previous one showed you did it once and only went back to renew it. About the Affidavit of support, you really dont need it if you are a single applicant. Hope this helps.. goodluck

Thanks Y'all in d house 4 all ur speedy replies. I have yet another question i had my police cert done a while ago cuz i dint kno how long twas going to take b4 my interview date would be set but d police cert expired and all they did was staple another one on the old one with d finger prints i had months ago they said d finger prints r still ok and they stamped it with a recent date Pls is this ok? and what is this sponsor hing about and what kind of evidence is reqired from ur sponsor is it a US resient or citizen or........?
Congratulations Phluck 2 and your family He who started the good work has Faithfully completed it. Praise God!!! Pls dont 4get us in d forum oh still keep in touch and keep us posted.

Mamma05,
Just as Petit has told you, the police report is ok as the finger prints really donot change as such.
Then for the Sponsor thing, it is no longer required. I went for the interview as a family of 4 and it was not even mentioned let alone a single person like you.
Do not worry and best of luck, just go and come back with the testimonies

WIFE WOULD GIVE BIRTH B4 RECEIVING HER VISA

Thanks to u house for all ur replies. I dont know if anybody can still remember my case about spouse situation. Anyway I currently lives in London as a student while my wife lives in Nigeria. I was the one that won the DV - 2010. I told the America Embassy in London about my wife living in Nigeria and I was told as soon as my own interview is successful that my case will be forwarded to Nigeria so that my wife can do her own part of interview.
I've done my own interview in London and it was successful, I received my visa about 2 weeks after my interview and I was told my case has been transferred to Nigeria so that my wife can do her own interview, so now we are waiting for her interview to be scheduled.
My concern now is, when I received my visa via the courier service, I also received a big brown sealed envelope and also another paper that explains the green card and the visa. On the paper it was written that child born after the visa has been issued does not need to get a visa to travel with parents to the states. My wife is pregnant and she will be due anytime from now which means she would have given birth before her interview. This are now my questions;
(1) Would my baby requires visa to travel with us to the states?
(2) Since I am the primary applicant and my visa has been issued b4 our child is born, does that means he wont need visa to travel with us?
(3) Since his mother is yet to received her own visa when he was born, does that means he too will need to get a visa by the time his mum go for her own visa interview too?

Kindly assist with any helpful ideas.

Cheers

Thanks to u house for all ur replies. I dont know if anybody can still remember my case about spouse situation. Anyway I currently lives in London as a student while my wife lives in Nigeria. I was the one that won the DV - 2010. I told the America Embassy in London about my wife living in Nigeria and I was told as soon as my own interview is successful that my case will be forwarded to Nigeria so that my wife can do her own part of interview.
I've done my own interview in London and it was successful, I received my visa about 2 weeks after my interview and I was told my case has been transferred to Nigeria so that my wife can do her own interview, so now we are waiting for her interview to be scheduled.
My concern now is, when I received my visa via the courier service, I also received a big brown sealed envelope and also another paper that explains the green card and the visa. On the paper it was written that child born after the visa has been issued does not need to get a visa to travel with parents to the states. My wife is pregnant and she will be due anytime from now which means she would have given birth before her interview. This are now my questions;
(2) Since I am the primary applicant and my visa has been issued b4 our child is born, does that means he wont need visa to travel with us?
(3) Since his mother is yet to received her own visa when he was born, does that means he too will need to get a visa by the time his mum go for her own visa interview too?

Cheers

hey ayoblack......Your situation is a little bit different. I am not sure of the correct answers to your questions so please look at other suggestions more closely. However, i just want to add more tips if possible.

Is it possible for you to get a DNA test just to show extra prove that the baby is yours. I am not doubting your baby in anyway but you know how the embassy works since you are not around they might raise an eyebrow. You want to have every corner covered just to be safe or avoid administrative processing for your wife. Taking into consideration that you are in London, i dont know if there is a reputable agency that can take your sample & send to Nigeria to carry out a test so that would be an extra documentation/prove for your wife to take to the embassy.

Ill suggest that you include your child to get a visa although you might not need to. If you decide to include your child...Inform US Embassy in Nigeria that your wife is about to give birth before her interview & ask what extra documentation would they need from your wife or new born baby .

If you feel that the dna test is too stressful or an inconvenience or not needed, please feel free to ignore the idea....I was just in my thinking mode:)

hey ayoblack......Your situation is a little bit different. I am not sure of the correct answers to your questions so please look at other suggestions more closely. However, i just want to add more tips if possible.

Is it possible for you to get a DNA test just to show extra prove that the baby is yours. I am not doubting your baby in anyway but you know how the embassy works since you are not around they might raise an eyebrow. You want to have every corner covered just to be safe or avoid administrative processing for your wife. Taking into consideration that you are in London, i dont know if there is a reputable agency that can take your sample & send to Nigeria to carry out a test so that would be an extra documentation/prove for your wife to take to the embassy.

Ill suggest that you include your child to get a visa although you might not need to. If you decide to include your child...Inform US Embassy in Nigeria that your wife is about to give birth before her interview & ask what extra documentation would they need from your wife or new born baby .

If you feel that the dna test is too stressful or an inconvenience or not needed, please feel free to ignore the idea....I was just in my thinking mode:)

Hi smalllacrimose;2162331,

Thanks for ur suggestion. I've got the same thing in mind as well. My wife is currently here in London with me and she will stay here till she gives birth. I will try and get every necessary documents after she gives birth here to proof the baby is mine (like birth certificate and any othe documents). Thanks for ur suggestion. Any other useful suggetions is welcome from anybody in the house.

Cheers

Easy Ayo, I hope you weren't typing under duress. I worked harder to follow the expression but anyway you can ask the Embassy people again.Nobody's an expert here, I want to believe. Your situation is growing complicated all the time.Try to simplify things naoh and help your family.All the best with the remaining entry permit!

Easy Ayo, I hope you weren't typing under duress. I worked harder to follow the expression but anyway you can ask the Embassy people again.Nobody's an expert here, I want to believe. Your situation is growing complicated all the time.Try to simplify things naoh and help your family.All the best with the remaining entry permit!

@ ferdiii;2162374,
at least u got the message, thats what matters. thanx for ur reply anyway.

Prophet Phluck, Izi, Joequi, ajaylagos, dotman, solaonil and others......what you think?

I know phluck has crossed-over but we cant do without our in-house prophet

The Bulletin will be out as from Tuesday next week and my prediction is that it will be in the region of 16,000 +.

Prophet Phluck over to you.

Hello house,

Sorry, I have been away from the forum. As expected, a lot of testimonies have been recorded in the house. To God be the glory! Congratulations to all those who have crossed the great divide. God’s favour and grace to those whose interviews are coming up and those who are anxiously awaiting the next bulletin.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

WIFE WOULD GIVE BIRTH B4 RECEIVING HER VISA...

Cheers

Ayo Black, Congratulations! Soon the cries of a new baby will re echo in your house. To God be the glory.

Just want to add to Smallacrimose's suggestions.

You should find out the hospital that DV lottery winners use in England. Your wife should go do a scan there or obtain any documentation indicating she is actually pregnant and her expected date of delivery.

It’s a good thing both of you will be together when Madam delivers. I suggest you be in the labour room with her and use a digital camera to take pictures. Loads of them sort of like documenting the process, especially the actual delivery when the baby is coming out of the birth canal. Her job will be to deliver assisted by the medical professionals. Yours, would have been to hold her hands and comfort her but you ve got ditch that and make sure that you get a picture of:

When the baby’s head crowns the birth canal
At least one or two more of the baby mid way out of the birth canal
The baby being held up
The cord being cut
Baby beside the mother
U, baby and mother.
You should take all these pictures at a reasonable distance so the your wife will be seen to be the actual person delivering. Generally try to take many pictures with the baby… perhaps, Madam should just hold unto them and only present the pictures if necessary.

The uterus of a woman that just delivered is different from the uterus of one that delivered say… 6 months ago. Your wife can get an internal examination done at Kamaross. The medical report will be of great value if her interview tilts towards the authenticity of the baby’s paternity.

Hope this helps

Hi Petit, Congratulations. You are now where a lot of us are hoping to get to. May God’s favour be upon you, amen.

I got to the embassy few minutes to 6am.The security guys did their normal routine.After payments i got into the embassy interview hall at about 7:45am.About 8am i was called to submit my documents then went back to sit down to await my interview.In the course of waiting some children were just disturbing in the hall.Men i was really pissed with their disturbance becos una know na, this kind thing wen person go for, man need concentration.I was trying to do some revisions in my mind because the likes of Petit and others told us here that if your SSCE result is really good you are going to defend it.So guys i read like somebody preparing for JAMB.I no wan show myself ooooo.But guys i made 6As in my SSCE with Maths and Chem inclusive and just 2Cs so this really made me prepared so hard.But you wont believe the consular did not ask any question from my SSCE result at all(though my result was from a catholic college maybe that was why there was no doubt about it) so cases are different.I also heard in this forum several times that those guys there are trained Psychologists.That also crop up fear in me because i studied Philosohpy with so many Psychological courses in it.Worst still it was my TRANSCRIPTS i submitted because my statement of result is not out yet.So my Psychological courses were there for him to see,so i really anticipated questions from there but to my surprise the guy didnt go there at all. So this is the koko

at about 9:35am i was called to window 11.They guy here has already interviewed many IV and gave them so i was really praying to meet him.Also they were just only two interviewers in the hall today;windows 9 and window 11.The window window 9 guy interviewed many IV and one DV family in my presence.Though they were successful but the guy questions were really tough so i didn’t pray to meet him.I didnt really see the nice Chinese lady and the Arab guy. I was the first DV to be interviewed by the window 11 guy. It goes thus
CO: morning
Me:morning sir
CO:Sign this form
Me:I did(hear i noticed my hand were bit shaking)
Co: finger printing
Me:i did with my fingers still uncomfortable
Co: Your name
Me:I told him
Co:Year of birth
Me:I told him
Co: what is your highest degree
Me :B.A Philosophy
Co:What did you write in your project
Me:Globalization
Co: Tell me about it
Me: I talked
Co:how does it relate to philosophy
Me:told him it was a vis-a-vis of Nkrumah’s political philosophy
Co: did you do Eastern philosophy
Me:no
Co: I asked because i wanted you to tell me the difference between Eastern Philosophy and that of the West;did you do western phil?
Me:Yes
Co: who is your favourite philosopher?
Me: Karl Marx
Co: why
Me:Told him about his liberation........................................
Co:I need more explanation
Me: I started givin lecture(but 4rm my judgement,it wasnt impressive because i started stammering a little in the course of doing that)
Co: are you married
Me: no
Co: do you have any child
Me: no
Co: who is your sponsor?
Me: answered
Co:what do you plan to do in the states?
Me: I answered
Co: If you had told me this ealier on, i wouldnt have asked you if you had a child(with a big smile on his face, he got up and went to the printer to get the paper of joy)
as i saw it, i immediately started saying hail mary in my mind.
Co:Congrats you have been found worthy to immigrate to the states.All the best in your studies!
Me: Just kept thanking him.

Guys to be frank i was really nervous during the entire process and that made my answers on things i know very well not really articulate because of anxiety.As i saw people leaving with the yellow paper.That really caused anxiety for me.So guys becareful of this.I was just lucky and the guy was just very nice.Above all it was God.I give Him the glory
Just believe in God and entrust it to Him.He will surely do it for you.I thank all of you Dotman,bammy,aywire,phluck,joequi,petit,crownedvictory,smallacrimose and others too numerous to mention. UNA THANK YOU
No much experience to share about other people i saw because i was the first dv to called to window 11 and the second to be interviewed today.I left there before 10am.SUCCESS TO THOSE GOING FOR THEIR INTERVIEW AND THOSE YET TO BE CURRENT-DOTMAN MY GUY GOD GO AM FOR YOU,MARK ME!

NO BE MY POWER,NA GOD DO AM FOR ME.HE GO DO AM FOR YOU TOO

NOT TO US,LORD,NOT TO US BUT TO YOUR NAME GIVE THE GLORY!

Congratulations!!! This is great.