• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

My dear forumites this is exactly how the interview went.
Got to the embassy at about 6:51am
Went through the first gate where we were issued the DV number 20.
We were then directed to seat and when to get checked in.
Mean while on the advise of Petit, Danje, Gasper et al that the place is always very cold I wore a jacket but men heat nearly kill una brother oh
We got checked in by 7:21 am
Went across the road and through the second check in by 7:40am
And the third and final check in around 7:45am
We went in and got seated.
We were called to window 10 by a Nigerian at about 8:10am and they requested for our documents.
As the lady was going thru she asked if we had paid the visa fees, I quickly went outside to pay.
My people I paid in US dollars and for a family of four I paid 3,100 USD.
My people as I was handing out the money (USD) I dey fire prayers follow am...say this money must not go in vain but for that which I am paying it for. (DV Visa).
I went back in submitted the passport and sat down.
At about 8:40am the Asian lady started the interviews and called a lady to the window 11. My people I could only hear when they asked for her date of birth and she paused for a while before answering, I was even surprised. Then she was asked for her family (husband and Children), she was now explaining that her house help will not follow then to the US.
The Co asked her how many people they paid for and she answered just her self and could not pay for any other person cos of finance and she was alone.
They the we were called to window 13 and the next thing I heard was she was not qualified.
My people then to ours.
CO: Where is the family
US: we are all here
CO: how old is ur first daughter cos she looks grown
My daughter: I am three
CO: She asked us to raise our hands for the oath and then the finger prints.
CO: Asked me to go and sit down and my wife continued.
CO:what is ur name
my wife:blah
CO:how old are you
My wife: Blah Blah Blah
CO: When did you finish
CO: Your highest qualification
CO: what did you study
CO: Laughs
CO: Was your course very difficult for you
CO:What is statistics
My wife: smiled
CO: Did you do a degree project? can you tell me about it?
CO: Did you do NYSC
CO: where did you serve
CO: What did u teach
CO: Can I see your photographs
Trust us we brought loads of albums and when she saw all the albums she asked us not to bother.
CO: saw just about 7 and she was satisfied and asked us to keep them
CO: Smiles, give me a minute while you call your family.
CO: CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
My people that was the magic as God has shown us once again that HIS convenant with us is SUCCESS

My sincere Grattitude to God almighty for His mercies, to livewire for starting this DV 2010 thread, to Petit, Gasper, Joequi, Bammyrichie, Solaonil, Favor2me, Ajaylagos,smalllacrimose, Dotman, Waheed, Ferdiii, Dumezi2010 and all others that I couldn't remember due to excitement.
Thank you and may the good Lord meet you at the point of your needs.
See you all in the Land of Hope USA.

This is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes. Praise be to God... Congratulations!!! May God continue to lead, guide and guard you and your family as you embark on the next phase of your journey, amen.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

Guys I picked up my visa today.Is God not a wonderful planner?I was born on the 24th,registered for lottery 24th,and picked up my visa 24th.
Thank you guys for the support all this time.

Na wah o! see how your level don change ... big time! Some of us still dey bulletin level.. lol...Happy for you though. Praise be to God! May this open door be the beginning of great testimonies for you. Congratulations once again.

Praise be to the lord our God who crowns us in victory

Na wah o! see how your level don change ... big time! Some of us still dey bulletin level.. lol...Happy for you though. Praise be to God! May this open door be the beginning of great testimonies for you. Congratulations once again.

My brother no bi small thing ooo, but surely we must get there in Jesus Name.

My brother na God.He go do am for you too very soon!

Hello house.hw is every1 doing.nobody even bothered 2 ask of me.why?PROPHET PHLUCK a big congratulations 2 u. I was current 4 last tuesday bt i resheduled my appointment.2 my surprise,i demanded for 4wks extra bt i was given 3 months instead.

hello good people!, arrived Boston yesterday was given what I can say the best treatment cause of my doc (dv visa) its just grate. Whishing all waiting to be current and those due for interview all the best. Wow!

hello forumites.i hav been a regular follower of this thread for d past 3months bt this is my first time of postin anything.my interview is in 2weeks time and i hav a little problem. in my international passport my middle name comes b4 my first name.i hope dis wud nt b an issue.this is hw my names are in my form:OWIGO EMU JOHN.while in my passport its:OWIGO JOHN EMU.
Please i need ur comments on dis.

hello good people!, arrived Boston yesterday was given what I can say the best treatment cause of my doc (dv visa) its just grate. Whishing all waiting to be current and those due for interview all the best. Wow!

Welcome to USA and most importantly we thank God for journey mercies.

Good luck

Hello house.hw is every1 doing.nobody even bothered 2 ask of me.why?PROPHET PHLUCK a big congratulations 2 u. I was current 4 last tuesday bt i resheduled my appointment.2 my surprise,i demanded for 4wks extra bt i was given 3 months instead.

This is one of the disadvantage of rescheduling, however you will be fine. When you miss a visa number, for them to get another one for you takes time.

hello forumites.i hav been a regular follower of this thread for d past 3months bt this is my first time of postin anything.my interview is in 2weeks time and i hav a little problem. in my international passport my middle name comes b4 my first name.i hope dis wud nt b an issue.this is hw my names are in my form:OWIGO EMU JOHN.while in my passport its:OWIGO JOHN EMU.

If you are a regular follower as claimed, you should have known that this issue has been discussed severally, kindly go back and do some research (from sept - November)

That shud not be a problem i think. On my two WAEC certificates my middle name was written as DEJI and it was written as AYODEJI on the rest of my certificates and documents (including my international passport), and the CO did not even ask me a single question about it. Just pray about it and with prayers everything will be alrite.

Good news.Thank God for the journey mercies.How is the weather like?