• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Not 4 DV Applicant

joequi, ammeck09,ddoonn,ohis and ALL other winners,

Please,we need your input here.Do the CO asked about ones financial status during the interview or may be one need to submit Statement of Accounts/Bank Account Statement during the interview.

Please share more on this so that we know how to handle this aspect?

Once again,the good Lord that was,his and forevermore will crown ALL OUR efforts with VISA GRANTED IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is well with OUR body,doul and spirit ,AMEN.

We shall ALL succeed cos the Lord has already perfected ALL that concerns US ALL,amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy, no such things 4 Dv applicant. Just only ur Birth cert, Police reprt, Medicals, O'L Cert n ur internatnal pasprt. No any other requirement apart frm 3 copies of 2" pasprt. That's all. Chikina!

Thanks Ohis and may the Lord continue to bless you and ur household,AMEN!!!

Meanwhile,take to my advice on what ammec09 said;

I repeat "With what ammec09 just said,I will advice that you go straight to where your letter is been addressed to (that is your ist POE;New Jersey).This is to save your time in getting the necessary SSN and GC at the right time widaout delay.

With God on your side,I believe u will definitely find your way to California if that's where u wanna go really.Everything is possible says the Lord.

Ohis,go to New jersey first (YOUR POE) and get ALL the necessary documents.You cant afford any delay at this time.

Wishing u good luck in ALL you do and I pray for the good Lord to guide you."

Guy, no such things 4 Dv applicant. Just only ur Birth cert, Police reprt, Medicals, O'L Cert n ur internatnal pasprt. No any other requirement apart frm 3 copies of 2" pasprt. That's all. Chikina!

my brother what about o'level verification, are they no longer doing it? whats the cost for police report? thanks man. i hail everybody ooooooooo

Don't mind the way it is arranged. I'm actually using a mobile phone 2type my experience. Yeah! My interview experience is quite different frm others in dis forum. I got 2Embassy @ 6:30am on Monday. I met pple at d que... I joined dv que, after dat, i collected a dv card numbr n a contact sheet form frm d first Lady dat attended 2us. We filled d contact form n was asked 2 open all envelopes including d white envelope inside d brown big X-ray envelope . We were checked-up by d security, after dat we entered d main Embassy. I went 2d casheir n paid $820, she gave me change of $1. After d payment, i went 2d Main Hall. A Nigeria guy, called me @ Window 6 to submit all my document... I did n later he returned my Addmission n Eligibility slip. I went 2sit down until a white guy @ window 12 called my dv number. I went 2him... CO:- Raise ur right hand n promise 2say d truth. Me:- I did. CO:- place ur left hand four fingers on d scanner n after dat, place ur right hand four fingers. ME:- i did. CO:- Do u knw u are qualify by Education. ME:- Yes (he brought out my original WAEC result n wanted 2ask me question frm it. I quickly overtook him bcos i didn't prepare much on my O'Level). ME:- Sir, i just finished my ND. CO:- Ok! Betta...! Wht subject? ME:- Computer Science CO:- list d courses u did in ur last semester? ME:- I mentioned 4 (he picked 1 borrowed course i mentioned). CO:- Tell me about Management practise? ME:- (I was scared bt i didn't show it). Management practise is all abt management makin decision wit d use of information. CO:- how many types of information do we hav n wht are they? ME:- we hav 3types of info n dey are i)tactical info ii)strategic info. CO:- Wht abt d 3rd one (It skipped my head instantly). ME:- Sir, i dnt tink is relevant, bcos my lecturer didn't tell us abt it. CO:- Giv me examples of organisation dat uses tactical n strategic info? ME:- ( i was confuse) many companies in nigeria uses both of them. CO:- Which departmnt uses tactical info? ME:- Ans. CO:- Did u write any project? ME:- Yes. CO:- Wht's d topic? ME:- Data Represention in d computer. CO:- Why did u choose it? ME:- Ans. CO:- Wht does it teaches? ME:- Ans. (Next thing, he kept quiet n started pressing d computer). CO:- Congratulations! Welcome 2 America. ME:- Tank u Sir! CO:- Go to the Address on d paper 4ur Visa nxt wk. Me:- Thanks n God Bless u Sir. CO:- u are welcome. Note: my interview was a bit longer dan evry1 dat had b4 me dat day, simply bcos i giv 2much answers n he picked question frm evry answers i give. Thanks 2d House, God Bless u all.

Ohis,

welcome to America. It is the Lords doing.

Get d explanation n d cost of police report

my brother what about o'level verification, are they no longer doing it? whats the cost for police report? thanks man. i hail everybody ooooooooo

If u are using O'level certificate (i.e, original WAEC or NECO), that means u dnt need scratch card 4verificatn, bt if u are using print out that means u wil go wit scratch card 4 verificatn. The normal cost of police report is N5000, bt i did mine for 4k. Hope u ok wit dat.

U dnt understand

Thanks Ohis and may the Lord continue to bless you and ur household,AMEN!!!

Meanwhile,take to my advice on what ammec09 said;

I repeat "With what ammec09 just said,I will advice that you go straight to where your letter is been addressed to (that is your ist POE;New Jersey).This is to save your time in getting the necessary SSN and GC at the right time widaout delay.

With God on your side,I believe u will definitely find your way to California if that's where u wanna go really.Everything is possible says the Lord.

Ohis,go to New jersey first (YOUR POE) and get ALL the necessary documents.You cant afford any delay at this time.

Wishing u good luck in ALL you do and I pray for the good Lord to guide you."

Guy, u dnt understand... My host is gettin on my nerve, he told me dat his family are staying wit him n it wil b difficult 4me 2com n stay wit him. The worst tin is dat, i dnt knw dis Guy frm Adam, my frnd gav me his contact wen i was filling My DS 230 bcos i dnt hav any contact of my pple den n i was in haste 2send back d form. My frnd (a white girl) is wantin me in California...my family members are also in california... I need 2b dere! I dnt wnt 2go 2 a place where i'm nt needed. Well! Lets see? If it's nt possible, den i wil go 2New Jersey. Tanks 4ur concern.

Beg the feller well well and let him know why u wanna come to NJ. Tell one month max or whenever u get ur GC and SSN, u r off to cali. Mak him chill small for a brother. These people sef.

Dat's a good idea

Beg the feller well well and let him know why u wanna come to NJ. Tell one month max or whenever u get ur GC and SSN, u r off to cali. Mak him chill small for a brother. These people sef.

Guy, u 2much...! I tink dat is wht i wil do.

Hello beniit,
I had the same situation as you, is there any news about your case number, and are you send a message to kcc confirm receipt of form. thank 2u

Hello beniit,
I had the same situation as you, is there any news about your case number, and are you send a message to kcc confirm receipt of form. thank 2u

Hello, Hasan,
I did send Kcc a msg last Sunday concerning receipt of my forms.
With regards to my case#, I made it clear to Kcc about the loss of my 1st NL which was due to a change of a foreign apt. address that I used during the dv entry. I gave kcc the new foreign address and the nl has been routed to that address and receipt of it has been confirmed. Will have it and update my sig very soon.

But I believe strongly that after Kcc confirms your forms, they'll certainly give you your case # which is obviously not theirs. Peace! Benniit.

Guy, u dnt understand... My host is gettin on my nerve, he told me dat his family are staying wit him n it wil b difficult 4me 2com n stay wit him. The worst tin is dat, i dnt knw dis Guy frm Adam, my frnd gav me his contact wen i was filling My DS 230 bcos i dnt hav any contact of my pple den n i was in haste 2send back d form. My frnd (a white girl) is wantin me in California...my family members are also in california... I need 2b dere! I dnt wnt 2go 2 a place where i'm nt needed. Well! Lets see? If it's nt possible, den i wil go 2New Jersey. Tanks 4ur concern.

You don't need to use the POE of the address stated on the white paper. What I wanted to mean is that if you want to change your address, then it's advisable to fly directly to the State where your new address is located. This will save time because if your POE is in another State, they have have to start the process there before transfering it to the State where your address is located.

So far as you have been given the visa, you are at liberty to fly to any State in the U.S.A. you like, for for convenience sake if you are changing your address then it's advisable to fly direct to the State of your address. That does not mean you can't fly to other States even though your address may not be located there.

If you can get a flight which will take you to California, then that is perfect. But don't stress yourself too much.

hello benniit,
I've sent my form at 6 August 2010, I wait until late this week to send a message to confirm receipt of my form, I myself was selected and I have not received 1 NL, I hope it gives me my case number. and given me the chance to read this procedure.
i am from morocco. thank 2u.

@ Ohis, u dont need to go to new jersey, just fly direct to california or wherever u want to stay and tell them at the california POE that u will like to change ur address from jersey address to california address.
My friend address in california was the address on my brown envilope and I came in thru JFK in new york and I told the guy that attended to me that I will like to change my address to new york address, and the guy just cross the address on the brown envelope and write my new york address on it. He also entered the new york address onto the computer infront of him. He also told me that most pple changed their address at POE.
I got my SSN after a week and i'm still waiting for my green card. Hope thids helps.

Yeah! Tanks

You don't need to use the POE of the address stated on the white paper. What I wanted to mean is that if you want to change your address, then it's advisable to fly directly to the State where your new address is located. This will save time because if your POE is in another State, they have have to start the process there before transfering it to the State where your address is located.

So far as you have been given the visa, you are at liberty to fly to any State in the U.S.A. you like, for for convenience sake if you are changing your address then it's advisable to fly direct to the State of your address. That does not mean you can't fly to other States even though your address may not be located there.

If you can get a flight which will take you to California, then that is perfect. But don't stress yourself too much.

Tanks! I've understood wht u mean... I tink, i'm ok wit it.

I'm ok wit ur xperience

@ Ohis, u dont need to go to new jersey, just fly direct to california or wherever u want to stay and tell them at the california POE that u will like to change ur address from jersey address to california address.
My friend address in california was the address on my brown envilope and I came in thru JFK in new york and I told the guy that attended to me that I will like to change my address to new york address, and the guy just cross the address on the brown envelope and write my new york address on it. He also entered the new york address onto the computer infront of him. He also told me that most pple changed their address at POE.
I got my SSN after a week and i'm still waiting for my green card. Hope thids helps.

Yeah! It really helps. Since u had d same xperience n it work-out 4u. i tink i am nw contented. Tanks n God Bless u...

If u are using O'level certificate (i.e, original WAEC or NECO), that means u dnt need scratch card 4verificatn, bt if u are using print out that means u wil go wit scratch card 4 verificatn. The normal cost of police report is N5000, bt i did mine for 4k. Hope u ok wit dat.

thanks bro! How is ur preparations? Goodluck to u all the way.