• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Praiseeee God! I have finally come to the end of Visa processing Journey or wahala here in NGR! I picked up my Visa 2day. The Lord dat did mine n other successful ones in dis forum, shall surely do urs. Dnt panic, God is in dis forum. He will also do urs.

Ohis,

We are very happy with you.May the Lord never stop doing good things in our lifes,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will ALL come on this forum and testify to his goodness to ALL of US,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my opinion to ur questn

Good morning everyone, my big brothers and sisters i really need your help. My husband worn the 2011 dv lottery,we got married in march 2011, even before he receive his first letter,although we have updated our case to kcc, but the problem now is that my e-passport is carrying my father's name, i don't know if i am suppose to use my husband name because we got married before i did the passport.I don't know if is going to affect us on our interview.The interview date is close, middle of October 2010.we were told by kcc last week.
Secondly,we did medical examination in June 2010, can this result be useful in October? another thing is that, if i am to use my husband name on my passport, do i need to use it also on the police report and all other documents and also do i need to repeat my medical examination, so that my husband name will now reflect on the medical report. My big brothers and sister i had to write on this forum, because i believe that everyone that has pass through this forum has enough experience. I am from Nigeria, please i need an urgent help. Thanks
Omosede
Did u mean u got married March 2010? I bliv d 2011 u wrote is a typographical error. My advice 4u is dat; email Kcc to confirm if they have rectified d changes. If they say 'yes', dat means u dnt have 2worry. U n ur hussy should just prepare 2defend urself 2d CO, dat u are legally married as husband n wife. Ur second questn: if i must ask, did u start ur medicals after u got ur 2NL or interview date via e-mail? If 'YES', dnt worry! It's still valid but If 'NO' I doubt it! there may b trouble. I tink is better u seek 4counselling frm one of the Doctors in Kamorass. I hope u catch my drift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohis,

We are very happy with you.May the Lord never stop doing good things in our lifes,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will ALL come on this forum and testify to his goodness to ALL of US,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Stonesanjay. God is with us! Peace! Benniit

Ohis, congratulation, am so happy for you. The major problem is that i used my father's name on my e-passport, i don't know if i am suppose to use my husband name or not and also if i am to include my husband name in all other document, like police report, NPC. i think i should repeat the medical examination so that i can use my husband name, since i used my father's name on the medicals before. please i need an urgent reply, because i am really confuse. Thanks

Good morning everyone, my big brothers and sisters i really need your help. My husband worn the 2011 dv lottery,we got married in march 2011, even before he receive his first letter,although we have updated our case to kcc, but the problem now is that my e-passport is carrying my father's name, i don't know if i am suppose to use my husband name because we got married before i did the passport.I don't know if is going to affect us on our interview.The interview date is close, middle of October 2010.we were told by kcc last week.
Secondly,we did medical examination in June 2010, can this result be useful in October? another thing is that, if i am to use my husband name on my passport, do i need to use it also on the police report and all other documents and also do i need to repeat my medical examination, so that my husband name will now reflect on the medical report. My big brothers and sister i had to write on this forum, because i believe that everyone that has pass through this forum has enough experience. I am from Nigeria, please i need an urgent help. Thanks

Hi Omosede,

1. Be ready to defend your marriage.

2. When you updated KCC about your marriage, did you use your husband or father's name in the forms? If your father's name was used, then leave it IF THAT'S THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU & YOUR HUSBAND. On the other hand, if your husband's name was on the forms sent, then it is advisable you get a new e-passport bearing your husband's name. Names on the forms should tally with that on the int'l passport which is the name on which visa will be issued.

3. Medical examination expires 6 months from examination date. Since you did your exams. in June it will still be valid in October (4th months) for your interview. However, because of probable change of name, i guess you should contact the Clinic for advise as earlier suggested by Ohis.

4. Despite the fact that you are not the primary winner, it is better for all documents (including Police report) to bear the same name, except documents before marriage.
This will be smooth and also save you from telling stories at the interview.

All the best, one love.

@Onibiyi; i got ur txt msg. I hav already posted my interview experience. Goto page143 in dis forum. U wil get it.

Maintain ur husband name

Ohis, congratulation, am so happy for you. The major problem is that i used my father's name on my e-passport, i don't know if i am suppose to use my husband name or not and also if i am to include my husband name in all other document, like police report, NPC. i think i should repeat the medical examination so that i can use my husband name, since i used my father's name on the medicals before. please i need an urgent reply, because i am really confuse. Thanks
Omosede
Using ur fathers name in ur E-passport is nt a problem, provided that u e-mail kcc abt d changes. Call or email kcc 2confirm if d changes has bn made. If positive, go ahead n use ur husband name in all d document. Kcc recommend u update ur status by notifying dem wen there is changes. As 4ur e-passprt, l tink u should get another passprt bearing ur husband's name. The updates covers everything. Ensure u print out the update confirmation kcc wil send 2u. Wit dat u are good 2go.

i greet u all

hello all d winners in house, i believe strongly that God that started all our processing s will surely see us to d end, HE is d Alpha & Omega, The FIRST &The END, The Author & Finisher. fear not he ll surely see us through.
I happened to be among those that ll current for October but if i must tell d fact i don't really know where to start.
my questions: can someone do police clearance in his state apart frm lagos,* is it true dat their going 2 ask for pry sch leaving cert.
* does it need to present ur o/level cert from sec sch u finished from whereby u ve gotten it earlier b4 through GCE
1ST NL: APR 1, 2010
RECVD: MAY 17, 2010
NL SENT TO KCC: JUNE 7,
CONFIRMTN FRM KCC: JUNE 28
2ND NL : WAITING

i greet u all

hello all d winners in house, i believe strongly that God that started all our processing s will surely see us to d end, HE is d Alpha & Omega, The FIRST &The END, The Author & Finisher. fear not he ll surely see us through.
I happened to be among those that ll current for October but if i must tell d fact i don't really know where to start.
my questions: can someone do police clearance in his state apart frm lagos,* is it true dat their going 2 ask for pry sch leaving cert.
* does it need to present ur o/level cert from sec sch u finished from whereby u ve gotten it earlier b4 through GCE
CASE NO.: 2011AF23**

Hi all,
I am a DV 2011 winner with a low case number of 5**. I got the first NL on june 23 and sent the forms back on june 24. I called KCC before three days and they told me that my forms are waiting to be processed (not yet processed.) Does this mean that I may not be able to get interview appointment for October?
Thanks.

Thank you ohis
and ajaylagos, i really appreciate. Concerning the changes to kcc, i
dont understand, do you mean i should sent email about my change of name
to kcc,because we updated my case,about my getting married, to kcc at
the initial time we filled the form.Do i need to inform kcc about my
change of name?please tell me what to do.
Secondly,i want to know if the result of the medical test is been
forwarded to the embassy,apart from the x-ray and screening result they
do give after the medical examination.if they do forward the result,
that means i have to do another medical examination because the new
passport am about to get we bear a new date and a new passport
number.But will it affect me on the day of my interview, because they
will still have the record of the old medical result i did in June.What
if the consular officer should ask me why i did another medical
examination and why is the former medical result carrying my surname
instead of my husband name.What will i say. Please i really need you
guys assistants. Thank you.

Answer 2ur Question

i greet u all

CASE NO.: 2011AF23**
Olawumi
American embassy does not recognise anyother police clearance, apart frm dat of Alagbon, Lagos. Pry Sch Cert is not needed. O'Level Cert is needed, bt nt dat frm ur Sch. It's either u bring Original Cert frm WAEC or Print out of ur result frm Internet. Hope i've answered ur questn?

Elucidation of my previous Ans

Thank you ohis
Omorede
since u hav updated Kcc that u are now married, no need 4changing of name. Like i said in d previous page, call or e-mail Kcc to confirm ur update. Ur Marriage has automatically covered d changes of ur name. As 4d Medicals; There's nothing lik Kamorass forwarding Medical result to the Embassy. What Kamorass Clinic does is that, after d last screening they will give u all ur result (Vaccine, HIV report n brown X-ray envelope) 2tke 2Embassy. I will stil advice u 2seek for dere advice b4 doin another Medicals again. Hope u ok wit dis.

Dear ALL,

I have a question to ask;

When we (myself and my wife) applied for the DV 2011,we had already used our new SURNAME(myself,as the principal winner;cos I rearranged my name,using my first name as my SURNAME) cos we new we would get married a month after the Dv Lottery application which we did by Gods grace;we did a change of name after the wedding.

My question now is,can I still use my former "Birth Certificate" dt carries my former Surname or I should obtain a new "Birth Certificate" with my new Surname?

Though,I have done an affidavit and newspaper publication for the change of Name.

Please assist!!!!!

I wish ALL of US success in OUR various upcoming interviews,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, a friend in Indiana told me d same. She said Indiana is not expensive

ajalagos

how far with your preparation, i don pay for our ticketoooo.The price is fantastic with Qatar airline. They are trying to arrange a room in a 5 star hotel that are children friendly.

@ donsino what is happening, long time.
@ddoonn how far
@Ohis wahtin de happen.

One love

ajalagos

how far with your preparation, i don pay for our ticketoooo.The price is fantastic with Qatar airline. They are trying to arrange a room in a 5 star hotel that are children friendly.

@ donsino what is happening, long time.

One Love
@ddoonn how far
@Ohis wahtin de happen.

One love

Hi Joequi,

Interesting and congrats. your tickets has been settled. The POE on my DS-230 was Atlanta, but decided to go to a friend's place in Dallas, Texas (as per my old signature) but my uncle in Georgia insist I must come to his place, so Atlanta, Georgia will now be my POE (as per my new signature).

I have a task I must handle in mid November, so my departure date will be late Nov/Dec.

Do Qatar Airline go to Atlanta, and with a good price?

Thank you ohis

@ omosed 4ever, if I get u right, u've updated kcc abt ur marriage but did u fill the form ds230 using ur husband name? Since u've informed kcc abt ur marriage, I think the best thing is to start using ur husband name. Go and get a new e-passport with ur husband name and take it to the embassy for ur interview. Abt ur medical, there is no need to do another medical, just take ur new e-passport to kamorass and the will change the name on ur medical result for u, just that u will have to pay them for the update.
If u dont change ur name, it is ur maiden name that will be on ur visa. I am talking from experience. I had one of the most difficult case on this forum and our (myself & my wife) interview was very smooth.
I was the primary winner. I found out that I won in july, that same month my wife (then my fiancee) came to visit me in london and I told her that I won lottery. I played it as single and i returned form ds230 back to kcc as single. I impregnated my wife the same month, we got married in october, after I notified kcc that I am married, i filled another ds230 for myself and my wife and I changed my status to married on the form. My wife changed her surname to my name on the form and we sent the for to kcc. When I received the 2nd notification letter, my wifes name was on the letter as my beneficiary, dont forget she has changed her name to mine.
I did my own interview in london and it was successful. Because my wife was in nigeria when i did my own interview, my case was transfered to nigeria for her to do her own interview. Before her interview date we've had a baby boy.
This is where u need to take note. My wife e-passport still bears her maiden name and the name on her interview documents was in my name. When we got to kamoras I told them they shud do the medical for her in my name but the disagreed with me, they said they can only do the medical with the name on her passport. They advice us to go and get a new passport and come back that they will help us to change the name but we'll have to pay for update. When we get to immigration office in lagos to get a new passport, they said they will have to cancel her first e-passport (the one that has her maiden name) b4 they can issue another one. MY wife has UK visa that is valid till 2012 on her old e-passport and this pple said they have to cancel the passport b4 they can issue another one. I told my wife not to bother that we'll take her old passport (the one that has her maiden name) to the embassy like that bcos i dont want her to just waste the UK visa on it. Her interview was successful and they did not even asked her for the reason why the name on her passport is different to the one on her interview docs. But when we went to collect her visa after one week, it was her maiden name that was on her visa and they issued visa for my son using my surname (we got passport for my son using my name). Hope this is helpful.

Hi All,

For all those who went for their interviews already, can yo plz assist me in answering this question.
When you got to the embassy before the guards let you in, did you have to show them the 2nd NL? i have read some posts on this forum where people say they had to show their passports and interview letter to the guards and they were allowed to go inside. is the interview letter the 2nd NL?

The embassy has requested all documents to be submitted before the interview day except for the medicals which must be submitted on the day of interview, now does it mean that she MUST also submit the I-134 Affidavit of support together with all the documents? or it is not neccessary as long as she takes it with her to the interview just incase they request to see it?

Please please your assistance will be appreciated as my aunt's interview is in 2 weeks time.
Thank you all.

Good afternoon every one, please i want to know how much is the new visa fees and the kind of passport to be taken to the embassy. our interview is October, we just receive our second letter yesterday.
Secondly i want to know if am to use my husband name or my maiden name on my birth certificate from npc, am a little bit confuse about it because all the people i ask about it told me different thing, am suppose to have done it, just because i don't know what to do. please i really need an urgent help so that i can start it. thank you.

Thank you very much Mr ayoblack, you are a God sent to this forum i really appreciate what you posted for me, you even went far to make such i understood, about the medical exam, i will be going there with my new passport next week Monday for the update. My God bless you and your family.I am grateful.