• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Welldone United State of America for all the good things they are doing in the lifes of people from all races of life.

May United State continue to grow in peace,love and progress.

Good luck to EVERYBODY!!!!!

Any mathematician in the house this linear equation is for you

1) 6x + 4 = 22 find x
6x = 22 - 4 = 18
6x = 18
x = 18 x 6
x = 108

2) 6x + 4 = 22
6x = 22 - 4 = 18
6x = 18
x = 18/6
x = 3

I have learnt from this forum that they normally ask questions of this kind in the US embassy in Lagos. Now just want to be sure which of the above is correct.
Thanks

Any mathematician in the house this linear equation is for you

1) 6x + 4 = 22 find x
6x = 22 - 4 = 18
6x = 18
x = 18 x 6
x = 108

2) 6x + 4 = 22
6x = 22 - 4 = 18
6x = 18
x = 18/6
x = 3

I have learnt from this forum that they normally ask questions of this kind in the US embassy in Lagos. Now just want to be sure which of the above is correct.
Thanks

The latter. They are gonna turn u to a great mathematician. Hahaha

Congratulations ajaylagos,

We cant wait to share in your experience!!!

The good Lord that did this for u will do the same in our lifes.Wishing everyone here a successful interview and smooth processing ahead.

Good Luck to ALL of us and may the Lord continue in his infinite mercy to be with ALL of us ,AMEN!!!!

Mr Ajaylagos, okay oh. We are waiting oh.

Hi everybody,

I thank God I’m back.

Further diagnosis revealed I also had typhoid; I was placed on drips and injections the next day after my interview for 3 days, my health really went down and needed to recuperate. I was on sick leave from the next day after my interview and just resumed office today. I’m now good but lost some weight.

@ Donsino & Ferdiii: u can read from my previous post that I took permission from the house to be away for a day or 2, it took longer than thought because I couldn’t help my self, my health denied me. It’s only an ingrate that will benefit from this house and will not give back. So brothers, no where to run to, this is my house!!

Meanwhile, my interview experience will come up shortly - today.

We awaits the success story and your observation of others who were interviewed before u (if any)

MY BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE

My plan was to leave home early enough by 5 a.m in order to get to the embassy on time. I had symptoms of malaria about a week to my interview so I couldn’t read my projects and other books earlier as planned until 2 days to the D-day by having 2 sleepless nights of marathon reading. All my qualifications are in Accounting but I read my “O” levels as well because I didn’t want to leave any stone unturned.

Unfortunately, I didn’t leave home as scheduled, I read everything except my B.Sc project so I had no choice than to take it along with me to the embassy.

JOURNEY TO THE EMBASSY

I left home an hour late (few minutes to 6 a.m), which was an hour to my 7 a.m appointment time. I live in Ajunwon in Ogun state, very near Lagos state, so getting to Victoria–island withing an hour was an up-hill task. I had no choice than to risk a commercial motor-cycle from Ajunwon in Ogun state to Victoria-island in Lagos state – only the strong-hearted could do that ( I told the bike man I had a 7 a.m appointment, whaaoooo believe me I didn’t like that experience through the 3rd mainland bridge on a bike, but it was a risk worth taking).

Fortunately, I got to the embassy at exactly 6.55 a.m (OMG, what a ride). People were already on the queue but bothered not to join them, went straight to the gate, approached an embassy staff (a woman) and told her I was for DV and she said enter, enter, enter as if she was there waiting for my arrival. That was how I got into the first gate and breathed a sigh of relief. Thank God for my life.

EMBASSY FORMALITIES

I was given a tag with DV number 21, an information sheet to fill and a paper with breakdown of the visa fee payable. I was asked to seat at the middle row. While seated a Nigerian guy announced items not permitted to be taken into the embassy building and that all sealed envelopes including the medicals must be opened, then I approached and asked him if I could open the sealed envelop containing my transcript from my Polytechnic and he said yes, open every sealed envelop. After been screened by the security, we were then ushered into the embassy building across the road for cash payment. Before it got to my turn, I brought out my B.Sc project in my bag and started reading. Eventually when it was my turn to pay, the decently behaved lady Cashier counted my Naira notes up to 4 different times and latter handed over N1,000 back to me been excess payment and I said thank God I became a N1,000 richer. I was searched again by the security and ushered into the main interview hall.

Few minutes into the main hall, my name was called by a friendly Nigerian guy for the submission of my documents. We smiled at each other during the collection process. I was however surprised when he returned both originals and copies of all my previous and current employment papers (I also qualify with my present employment), I asked why and he said emphasis is on educational qualifications. While waiting to be called, I again read and finished up the necessary areas in my B.Sc project that I took along (i.e. introduction, method of data gathering, summary, conclusion and recommendation). My confidence grew and got relaxed as I witnessed some interviews with few denials and many approvals.

At about few minutes to 11a.m, I saw a Consular Officer with my certificates from the transparent window. Since they never saw your documents until the day of interview, the consular officers usually study each applicant’s documents before being called. While going through my papers, she called her colleague, showed her my certificates and they both smiled. I never knew why, but said within myself that they had better smile than frown at my papers. I was ready and few seconds latter she called my number to window 13.

MAIN INTERVIEW

C.O: Good morning

ME: Good morning (with a smile)

C.O: Raise up your right hand and swear to say the truth

ME: I responded (with a smile)

C.O: Instructed to do the electronic finger printing

ME: I did

C.O: You are here because you were selected for further processing in the DV 2010

ME: Yes (with a smile)

C.O: What’s your name?

ME: I responded

C.O: What’s your date of birth?

C.O: How old are you?

C.O: I can see you are so much interested in Accounting, why?

ME: I fell in love with accounting right from Secondary school because of the wonderful attitude of my accounts teacher unlike the science subject teachers (with a smile)

C.O: She smiled back. What type of job will you do when you get to the U.S?

CO: What other type of job can you do?

CO: I can see you are an Auditor. What is the name of your employer?

CO: What is the difference between an Internal Auditor and a regular auditor? (I guess she meant an external auditor, but when she said regular, I knew she wasn’t an accounts person)

ME: I confidently and perfectly defined an internal auditor but before I finished the definition and define the other she said stop, that’s o.k. ( I guess She got convinced I knew it)

CO: Who is the person on your form?

ME: My Uncle’s wife

CO: You have been found eligible to immigrate to the U.S.

ME: Thank you, with a simple smile (I felt like jumping but I maintained my cool)

CO: She started typing, after a while stepped–aside to pick a paper from the printer. She came back and told me “CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES”. She gave me the visa pick-up paper with a blue tag and said don’t make any travel arrangement until you pick-up your visa. THE END

You can see that no single question was asked from all that I read despite the night vigils that landed me in the hospital. But I certainly wouldn’t have had the confidence had I not prepared so well, so my advice to those awaiting interview is to prepare very well because you never can tell where questions might come from. It is CERTAIN that any member who follows happenings in this forum will SURELY have a SUCCESSFUL interview. This forum is the greatest, I swear!!

The waiting time from the day of receipt of first Notification Letter to the day of successful interview was 440 days (1 year, 75 days). My interview was in less than 3 minutes.
TO GOD IS INDEED ALL THE GLORY.

Observations of other applicants’ interview denial and approvals will come up next.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Donsino, you are the next on line. For being a member of this 9ja house, believe me, success is already yours.
@Joquei, next month is your month. You will surely possess your possession by God's grace. It is settled.

I thank the entire member of this house. I wish all awaiting interview the very best of luck

MY BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE

My plan was to leave home early enough by 5 a.m in order to get to the embassy on time. I had symptoms of malaria about a week to my interview so I couldn’t read my projects and other books earlier as planned until 2 days to the D-day by having 2 sleepless nights of marathon reading. All my qualifications are in Accounting but I read my “O” levels as well because I didn’t want to leave any stone unturned.

Unfortunately, I didn’t leave home as scheduled, I read everything except my B.Sc project so I had no choice than to take it along with me to the embassy.

JOURNEY TO THE EMBASSY

I left home an hour late (few minutes to 6 a.m), which was an hour to my 7 a.m appointment time. I live in Ajunwon in Ogun state, very near Lagos state, so getting to Victoria–island withing an hour was an up-hill task. I had no choice than to risk a commercial motor-cycle from Ajunwon in Ogun state to Victoria-island in Lagos state – only the strong-hearted could do that ( I told the bike man I had a 7 a.m appointment, whaaoooo believe me I didn’t like that experience through the 3rd mainland bridge on a bike, but it was a risk worth taking).

Fortunately, I got to the embassy at exactly 6.55 a.m (OMG, what a ride). People were already on the queue but bothered not to join them, went straight to the gate, approached an embassy staff (a woman) and told her I was for DV and she said enter, enter, enter as if she was there waiting for my arrival. That was how I got into the first gate and breathed a sigh of relief. Thank God for my life.

EMBASSY FORMALITIES

I was given a tag with DV number 21, an information sheet to fill and a paper with breakdown of the visa fee payable. I was asked to seat at the middle row. While seated a Nigerian guy announced items not permitted to be taken into the embassy building and that all sealed envelopes including the medicals must be opened, then I approached and asked him if I could open the sealed envelop containing my transcript from my Polytechnic and he said yes, open every sealed envelop. After been screened by the security, we were then ushered into the embassy building across the road for cash payment. Before it got to my turn, I brought out my B.Sc project in my bag and started reading. Eventually when it was my turn to pay, the decently behaved lady Cashier counted my Naira notes up to 4 different times and latter handed over N1,000 back to me been excess payment and I said thank God I became a N1,000 richer. I was searched again by the security and ushered into the main interview hall.

Few minutes into the main hall, my name was called by a friendly Nigerian guy for the submission of my documents. We smiled at each other during the collection process. I was however surprised when he returned both originals and copies of all my previous and current employment papers (I also qualify with my present employment), I asked why and he said emphasis is on educational qualifications. While waiting to be called, I again read and finished up the necessary areas in my B.Sc project that I took along (i.e. introduction, method of data gathering, summary, conclusion and recommendation). My confidence grew and got relaxed as I witnessed some interviews with few denials and many approvals.

At about few minutes to 11a.m, I saw a Consular Officer with my certificates from the transparent window. Since they never saw your documents until the day of interview, the consular officers usually study each applicant’s documents before being called. While going through my papers, she called her colleague, showed her my certificates and they both smiled. I never knew why, but said within myself that they had better smile than frown at my papers. I was ready and few seconds latter she called my number to window 13.

MAIN INTERVIEW

C.O: Good morning

ME: Good morning (with a smile)

C.O: Raise up your right hand and swear to say the truth

ME: I responded (with a smile)

C.O: Instructed to do the electronic finger printing

ME: I did

C.O: You are here because you were selected for further processing in the DV 2010

ME: Yes (with a smile)

C.O: What’s your name?

C.O: What’s your date of birth?

C.O: How old are you?

C.O: I can see you are so much interested in Accounting, why?

ME: I fell in love with accounting right from Secondary school because of the wonderful attitude of my accounts teacher unlike the science subject teachers (with a smile)

C.O: She smiled back. What type of job will you do when you get to the U.S?

CO: What other type of job can you do?

CO: I can see you are an Auditor. What is the name of your employer?

CO: What is the difference between an Internal Auditor and a regular auditor? (I guess she meant an external auditor, but when she said regular, I knew she wasn’t an accounts person)

ME: I confidently and perfectly defined an internal auditor but before I finished the definition and define the other she said stop, that’s o.k. ( I guess She got convinced I knew it)

CO: Who is the person on your form?

ME: My Uncle’s wife

CO: You have been found eligible to immigrate to the U.S.

ME: Thank you, with a simple smile (I felt like jumping but I maintained my cool)

CO: She started typing, after a while stepped–aside to pick a paper from the printer. She came back and told me “CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES”. She gave me the visa pick-up paper with a blue tag and said don’t make any travel arrangement until you pick-up your visa. THE END

You can see that no single question was asked from all that I read despite the night vigils that landed me in the hospital. But I certainly wouldn’t have had the confidence had I not prepared so well, so my advice to those awaiting interview is to prepare very well because you never can tell where questions might come from. It is CERTAIN that any member who follows happenings in this forum will SURELY have a SUCCESSFUL interview. This forum is the greatest, I swear!!

The waiting time from the day of receipt of first Notification Letter to the day of successful interview was 440 days (1 year, 75 days). My interview was in less than 3 minutes.
TO GOD IS INDEED ALL THE GLORY.

Observations of other applicants’ interview denial and approvals will come up next.

congratulations my brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need som1 2help me out... I just finished my final exam in d Uni. It is obvious dat my result can't be out b4 my interview date. But, in a situation whereby the CO ask me my highest level of education; wht should i say? If i must tell d CO University n they ask me to giv dem proof (as in Transcript or statement of result), wht document should i present? I will appreciate ur comments.

All my qualifications are in Accounting including HND and B.Sc. I'm through with my B.Sc programe but awaiting result and it's not my highest qualification. My job didn't give me time to travel down to the University for a " to whom it may concern" so I took only the admission letter and school receipts to the embassy.

For the HND, I went with my certificate and transcript. I knew the transcript is not a must but an advantage if you have it, so I decided not to submit it unless specifically requested for and really the C.O never ask for it.

As for your case, since you just finished your interview and it's certain that the result won't be out before your interview, I'll advice you that :
1. Let the C.O know why your result is not ready
2. Make a move to get the " to whom it may concern" But if that will be difficult, go along with your original admission letter and school receipts
3. Be prepared to answer any question regarding your course, know so much about your school including its motto, your year of admission, number of years spent in the school and off course your project.

With sound preparation, you'll scale through successfully, best of luck brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can som1 help me out pls...! I was checking up my documents and i discovered my primary sch certificate does nt have Addmission number. But i can assure u it's original (frm d headmaster's office). Do you think d embassy will nt use dis against me. Pls, i need ur reply.

Don't even mention it. No one at the embassy need such a paper. If anyone take it along, I bet it will be returned.

HOUSE I HAVE COLLECTED MY TRANSCRIPT FROM MY SCHOOL WERE I GRADUATED SINCE YEAR 2008, BUT IT WAS SEALED AND STAMPED BY THE SCHOOL DEPT OF EXAMS AND RECORDS. SO AM ASKING IF I SHOULD OPEN IT AND MAKE DUPLICATE TO THE PHOTOCOPIED DOCUMENTS OR I SHOULD LIVE IT LIKE THAT AS IT IS IN THE SEALED ENVELOPE AND TAKE TO THE EMBASSY JUST ORIGINAL I NEED YOUR INPUT HOUSE THANKS.......... I WISH EVERY ONE OF US WAITING FOR INTERVIEW SUCCESS OUR CASE SHALL NOT BE DIFFERENT THE LORD GOD SHALL SEE US THROUGH IN JESUS NAME...........@AJAYLAGOS AND JOHNNY THE HOUSE IS STILL WAITING TO READ YOUR INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE AND ALL THE PROCESS ON THAT DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW........AJAYLAGOS I GUEST YOU MUST HAVE PICK UP YOUR VISA BY NOW . Home Country : Nigeria
Entered Dv lottery : 20th Nov 2008
CN: 2010AF00011***
1st NL received: 20 Oct 2009 via e-mail
Returned forms to kcc via post office: 17 Nov 2009
Confirmed delivery from kcc: 3rd December 2009
2nd NL recieved via Post Office: 9th march 2010
Police Report Started and complited: 16th march 2010
Started medicals: 16th March 2010
Completed Medicals: 24th March 2010
Interview Date: 06 April 2010 Police Report Renew : waiting Interview Reschedule By Embassy to : 4th August 2010
Interview Result: waiting. Visa Pick Up : waiting HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

Hi brother,

I went with my transcript but I didn't submit it and the C.O didn't ask for it.

You'll be told to open all sealed envelopes including the medicals, you won't be allowed entrance into the embassy building with any sealed envelop. Since you don't even have a copy of your transcript, I'll advice you open the envelop and make a copy for yourself. The C.O may request for yours.

Actually, Kcc refuse 2 reveal my case let alone correcting my mistakes. The reason is bcos i didn't include my DOB. Instead of me 2 adjust n resend it again, i relaxed hopin evry tin is done. Since my case is nw in Lagos embassy should i mail dem 4d correction?

You'll be safe if you remember the date of birth used when the lottery was played which should be the same with the date of birth on forms sent to KCC.

If you can't remember the date of birth used for the initial application I think you should be able to know the one on the forms sent to KCC. Have a birth cert. to support that. If the C.O tell you there's an error, reply that your real date of birth is what was on forms DS-230 and birth certificate and the error was because someone played the lottery for you and made a mistake. Be smart and show confidence, no shaking.

All the best

NOTE / WARNING: ANY ONE GOING FOR HIS OR HER INTERVIEW SHOULD PLEASE TRY AND GET TO THE EMBASSY ON TIME TO AVOID RE-RESCHEDULLING AND BE AWARE OF THE TRAFFIC PROBLEM IN THE ROADS OF LAGOS WISH EVERY ONE SUCCESS.......... Home Country : Nigeria
Entered Dv lottery : 20th Nov 2008
CN: 2010AF00011***
1st NL received: 20 Oct 2009 via e-mail
Returned forms to kcc via post office: 17 Nov 2009
Confirmed delivery from kcc: 3rd December 2009
2nd NL recieved via Post Office: 9th march 2010
Police Report Started and complited: 16th march 2010
Started medicals: 16th March 2010
Completed Medicals: 24th March 2010
Interview Date: 06 April 2010 Police Report Renew : waiting Interview Reschedule By Embassy to : 4th August 2010
Interview Result: waiting. Visa Pick Up : waiting HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

My dear brother, you are very, very, very right. I was just tooo lucky not to have rescheduled my interview. I got to the embassy 5 minutes to time up.

Please, for God's sake, those awaiting interview should leave home as early as possible, I beg.

Thanks 4dat wonderful information

All my qualifications are in Accounting including HND and B.Sc. I'm through with my B.Sc programe but awaiting result and it's not my highest qualification. My job didn't give me time to travel down to the University for a " to whom it may concern" so I took only the admission letter and school receipts to the embassy.

For the HND, I went with my certificate and transcript. I knew the transcript is not a must but an advantage if you have it, so I decided not to submit it unless specifically requested for and really the C.O never ask for it.

As for your case, since you just finished your interview and it's certain that the result won't be out before your interview, I'll advice you that :
1. Let the C.O know why your result is not ready
2. Make a move to get the " to whom it may concern" But if that will be difficult, go along with your original admission letter and school receipts
3. Be prepared to answer any question regarding your course, know so much about your school including its motto, your year of admission, number of years spent in the school and off course your project.

With sound preparation, you'll scale through successfully, best of luck brother.

U hav done so well 4dat information. I really appreciate it. The Lord of Abraham dat did urs must surely do mine. Once again Congrats...!!!

That is noted

Don't even mention it. No one at the embassy need such a paper. If anyone take it along, I bet it will be returned.

My brother, tank u very much, dat's noted. Since, i hav bn readin comments on dis forum, i havn't heard any1 mke mention of pry sch document.

I hav completed my police report but as 4d medicals, i was given appointment 2come 2moro and finish up! They assured me dat i am gettin my result 2moro. The observation i had at Kamorass (clinic) n Alagbon got me astonished. Do u bliv dat dere are many dv applicant dat are absolutely kept in d dark. They don't have idea of anytin dat may com up durin d interview. I told dem abt dis forum, luckily 4dem, i browse dis forum wit my phone n show dem some past interview experience... They were lik... 'guy hw did u get d site.' i told dem n dey were joyous! Do u knw wht dey called me? They said, 'Guy u are our Messiah 4 bringing us out frm d dark at dis dye minute.' tank God 4makin me com across pple.

Hi friends , I tried to search for older post but I could not find.... I have a questions , I think other new Green Card holder wants to know either ..

What are the beneft as a US Green Card holder other than :
1.live & work legally in US,
2.having a fire arm,
3. can stay in US as long as we want,
4.can travel to some other neighbour coutry without visa,
5. buy property in US.
6. can apply for citizen when eligible.

Is that all or another benefit, so most people encourage and strong to maintain our GC status ?

Thank you for your post, I wish this post can valuable for fresh new immigrant and other older GC holder but so far they never realized they also eligible for this benefit..

@Donsino, you are the next on line. For being a member of this 9ja house, believe me, success is already yours.
@Joquei, next month is your month. You will surely possess your possession by God's grace. It is settled.

I thank the entire member of this house. I wish all awaiting interview the very best of luck

ajalagos,

Your interview was so explicit, i am very happy for you.

Honestly i am preparing very hard, the Good God that did it for you will definitely do it for us.

One love