• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Any mathematician in the house this linear equation is for you

1) 6x + 4 = 22 find x
6x = 22 - 4 = 18
6x = 18
x = 18 x 6
x = 108

2) 6x + 4 = 22
6x = 22 - 4 = 18
6x = 18
x = 18/6
x = 3

I have learnt from this forum that they normally ask questions of this kind in the US embassy in Lagos. Now just want to be sure which of the above is correct.
Thanks

Donsino my brother,

How is the preparation, the Lord is your strength and you are already favored, go get your visa in Jesus name.

No. 2 is the correct answer.

One love

Any mathematician in the house this linear equation is for you

1) 6x + 4 = 22 find x
6x = 22 - 4 = 18
6x = 18
x = 18 x 6
x = 108

2) 6x + 4 = 22
6x = 22 - 4 = 18
6x = 18
x = 18/6
x = 3

I have learnt from this forum that they normally ask questions of this kind in the US embassy in Lagos. Now just want to be sure which of the above is correct.
Thanks

Donsino my brother,

How is the preparation, the Lord is your strength and you are already favored, go get your visa in Jesus name.

One love

To god be the all glory

Interview successful. i don't have more to say its always the same story from the successful ones all i need you to understand is those we call consular are human being not ghost they have feeling,passion.
THESE ARE TIPS TO SUCCEED AT EMBASSY
1 CONFIDENCE
2 COURAGE
3 FEAR FREE
4 LOOK GOOD
5 DON'T BE TOO EAGER
6 ANSWER WITH SHORT AND CORRECT FORM
7 BOLDNESS
8 MAKE AN EYEBALL CONTACT WITH YOUR CONSULAR.
HERE ARE MY EXPERIENCE ON GETTING THERE ALL THE STAFFS TO ME ARE NICE
ME GOOD MORNING
C,O REPLIED
C,O YOU ARE HERE BCOS YOU ARE SELECTED
ME YES
C,O RAISE UR HAND AND SWEAR
ME I DID
C,O YOUR NAME
ME REPLIED
C,O PLACE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O DATE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR LEVEL OF EDU
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR BEST SUBJECT
ME REPLIED
C,O WHAT ARE YOU DOING
ME REPLIED
C,O WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR YOUR WAEC
ME REPLIED
AND SHE STARTED TYPING I NOTICED SHE LOOKED AT ME AS SHE WAS TYPING AND LATTER GAVE LETTER TO GO AND GET MY VISA AT THEIR OFFICE IN LEKKY ON 20TH
THANKS TO THE FAMILY MEMBERS OF THIS GREAT FORUM AND I PRAY THOSE WHO WAITING FOR THERE INTERVIEW THEY WILL COME AND SHARE THEIR TESTIMONY.IN JESUS NAME.I'M PLANING TO LEAVING AFTER NIGERIA GOLDEN JUBILEE [JESUS REIGNS FOR EVER IN MY LIFE];)

Interview successful. i don't have more to say its always the same story from the successful ones all i need you to understand is those we call consular are human being not ghost they have feeling,passion.
1 CONFIDENCE
2 COURAGE
3 FEAR FREE
4 LOOK GOOD
5 DON'T BE TOO EAGER
7 BOLDNESS
ME GOOD MORNING
C,O REPLIED
ME YES
ME I DID
C,O YOUR NAME
ME REPLIED
C,O PLACE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O DATE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR LEVEL OF EDU
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR BEST SUBJECT
ME REPLIED
C,O WHAT ARE YOU DOING
ME REPLIED
ME REPLIED
AND SHE STARTED TYPING I NOTICED SHE LOOKED AT ME AS SHE WAS TYPING AND LATTER GAVE LETTER TO GO AND GET MY VISA AT THEIR OFFICE IN LEKKY ON 20TH
THANKS TO THE FAMILY MEMBERS OF THIS GREAT FORUM AND I PRAY THOSE WHO WAITING FOR THERE INTERVIEW THEY WILL COME AND SHARE THEIR TESTIMONY.IN JESUS NAME.I'M PLANING TO LEAVING AFTER NIGERIA GOLDEN JUBILEE [JESUS REIGNS FOR EVER IN MY LIFE];)

Congrats, that is the spirit of the forum. No member will get a negative/reject response/answer.

1 CONFIDENCE
2 COURAGE
3 FEAR FREE
4 LOOK GOOD
5 DON'T BE TOO EAGER
7 BOLDNESS
ME GOOD MORNING
C,O REPLIED
ME YES
ME I DID
C,O YOUR NAME
ME REPLIED
C,O PLACE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O DATE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR LEVEL OF EDU
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR BEST SUBJECT
ME REPLIED
C,O WHAT ARE YOU DOING
ME REPLIED
ME REPLIED

Congratulations johnny01 the America wil favour you in jesus Name our case shal not be diffnerent here in jesus NAME AMEN. Entered Dv lottery : 20th Nov 2008
CN: 2010AF00011***
1st NL received: 20 Oct 2009 via e-mail
Returned forms to kcc via post office: 17 Nov 2009
Confirmed delivery from kcc: 3rd December 2009
2nd NL recieved via Post Office: 9th march 2010
Police Report Started and complited: 16th march 2010
Started medicals: 16th March 2010
Completed Medicals: 24th March 2010
Interview Date: 06 April 2010 Police Report Renew : waiting Interview Reschedule By Embassy to : 4th August 2010
Interview Result: waiting. Visa Pick Up : waiting HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

Shortcut to solve linear equation off-hand

Donsino my brother,

One love

For instance, if such question (6x+4=22) is asked... The shortcut 2solve it is to look for a number dat can multiply 6 and plus 4 to give u 22. Let me throw more light. The normal solving is; 6x+4=22 :- 6x=22-4 :- 6x=18 :- x=18/6 :- x=3. Appyin dis ans (x=3) to d shortcut, we say: 6(3)+4=22 6*3+4=22 18+4=22 22-18=3 (Note:- when 22 crosses the sign of equality, it bcoms minus). Hope it is understood.

Congrats man

1 CONFIDENCE
2 COURAGE
3 FEAR FREE
4 LOOK GOOD
5 DON'T BE TOO EAGER
7 BOLDNESS
ME GOOD MORNING
C,O REPLIED
ME YES
ME I DID
C,O YOUR NAME
ME REPLIED
C,O PLACE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O DATE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR LEVEL OF EDU
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR BEST SUBJECT
ME REPLIED
C,O WHAT ARE YOU DOING
ME REPLIED
ME REPLIED

congrats man! So they didn't ask u any question on ur education lik maths, english e.t.c.

1 CONFIDENCE
2 COURAGE
3 FEAR FREE
4 LOOK GOOD
5 DON'T BE TOO EAGER
7 BOLDNESS
ME GOOD MORNING
C,O REPLIED
ME YES
ME I DID
C,O YOUR NAME
ME REPLIED
C,O PLACE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O DATE OF BIRTH
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR LEVEL OF EDU
ME REPLIED
C,O YOUR BEST SUBJECT
ME REPLIED
C,O WHAT ARE YOU DOING
ME REPLIED
ME REPLIED

That is it my brother the same old questions.............................................................CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

House,

Please does anyone know the number to contact if you dont recieve your GC after POE. He has been waiting since May (2 months)...Welcome letter came end of June, two months to recieve GC is too long. Or is there a way to track it or make more enquiries?

My people, I arrived Atalanta yesterday. To God be the Glory! My dear smalllacrimose, I don reach ooo :). U still dey Naija dey eat amala and gbegiri abi na tuwo self? Wishing all my brothers and sisters here the very best. The Grace of God, his Mercies and Compassion are just sufficient for everyone here. Goodluck to you all.

Praise God for journey mercies!!!

God be with you

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

For instance, if such question (6x+4=22) is asked... The shortcut 2solve it is to look for a number dat can multiply 6 and plus 4 to give u 22. Let me throw more light. The normal solving is; 6x+4=22 :- 6x=22-4 :- 6x=18 :- x=18/6 :- x=3. Appyin dis ans (x=3) to d shortcut, we say: 6(3)+4=22 6*3+4=22 18+4=22 22-18=3 (Note:- when 22 crosses the sign of equality, it bcoms minus). Hope it is understood.

Hi ohis,

I really appreciate your effort. Thanks

Donsino my brother,

One love
Hi joequi,
It is well with our soul, body, and spirit. We shall all be there soon.
All the best

Can som1 help me out pls...! I was checking up my documents and i discovered my primary sch certificate does nt have Addmission number. But i can assure u it's original (frm d headmaster's office). Do you think d embassy will nt use dis against me. Pls, i need ur reply.

Are u sayin, i should exempt pry sch cert. I thought we are 2go along wit all our document, most especially d one we filled in d form. If it's nt inclusive, den i tink i betta drop it instead of implicating myself.

For question 23 of form 230, I didn’t fill in my primary school education. I started from secondary school education. I figured it’s only logical to have passed through some sort of primary education before being able to proceed to secondary.

Besides if you have post secondary education. I think that amounts to the 12 years of study that is required.

Didn’t submit any primary school documents during my interview. Was not asked for any either.

Even if you decide not to submit it, please carry it along with you as additional information just in case by some remote chance, it is requested for.

Wish you God's grace during your interview.

Hello House, Hope everyone is doing great, first I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has been supportive through this times, and to all those that are current and waiting to be current, I wish you all a successful interview;

My trip to the states was wonderful, cleared through Nigerian customs at about 2 pm, boarded Qatar airlines at 2:40 pm, took off at 3:00pm, got to Qatar at 11:30 pm (2 hours ahead of Nigerian time). they took our passport, checked us into an hotel, where the hotel cab picked us at the airport, then took us to the hotel, we got dinner and breakfast with free internet, hotel cab picked us all and took us to the airport at , we all got one room to ourselves (5 star hotel room), inclusive of our ticket fee (213,000) no extra fee charged.

Got to the airport at about 7:30 am, passed through customs again, checked in my hand luggage and then boarded the plane, landed in Houston at 5:30 pm local time, cleared through customs, and then through immigration, got the envelope to the immigration, waited a while to have paperwork sorted then eventually got out and met with my brother, so here I am, it's an entirely different experience out here, but its good though.

I would fill you in with more updates later.

Thank God for journey mercies

Hope for more updates from you

God be with you.

Praise God for journey mercies!!!

God be with you

Thanks a million times CROWNEDNVICTORY. Congratulations on your successful interview. God is able. May you be favoured by God as you join us here in God's own country. Remember, all you need is faith in God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joequi,donsino & All of us expecting the 2ND NL & interviews,

The Lord said I should tell everyone that the interviews are already a success.

we shall all go there nd succeed.

Everything is possible says thge Lord of host!!!!!

Ajaylagos,

Congratulations once again!!!!.

Please tell us about the dress code as

(1) single,married.

(2) Did they request for your statement of Account?

Any other info ?

The Lord that did this in your life will do the same in OUR lifes too,AMEN!!!

We are ALL happy for the good thing the Lord has done in your life.

Congratulations nd when should we come nd celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheeers

MY BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE

My plan was to leave home early enough by 5 a.m in order to get to the embassy on time. I had symptoms of malaria about a week to my interview so I couldn’t read my projects and other books earlier as planned until 2 days to the D-day by having 2 sleepless nights of marathon reading. All my qualifications are in Accounting but I read my “O” levels as well because I didn’t want to leave any stone unturned.

Unfortunately, I didn’t leave home as scheduled, I read everything except my B.Sc project so I had no choice than to take it along with me to the embassy.

JOURNEY TO THE EMBASSY

I left home an hour late (few minutes to 6 a.m), which was an hour to my 7 a.m appointment time. I live in Ajunwon in Ogun state, very near Lagos state, so getting to Victoria–island withing an hour was an up-hill task. I had no choice than to risk a commercial motor-cycle from Ajunwon in Ogun state to Victoria-island in Lagos state – only the strong-hearted could do that ( I told the bike man I had a 7 a.m appointment, whaaoooo believe me I didn’t like that experience through the 3rd mainland bridge on a bike, but it was a risk worth taking).

Fortunately, I got to the embassy at exactly 6.55 a.m (OMG, what a ride). People were already on the queue but bothered not to join them, went straight to the gate, approached an embassy staff (a woman) and told her I was for DV and she said enter, enter, enter as if she was there waiting for my arrival. That was how I got into the first gate and breathed a sigh of relief. Thank God for my life.

EMBASSY FORMALITIES

I was given a tag with DV number 21, an information sheet to fill and a paper with breakdown of the visa fee payable. I was asked to seat at the middle row. While seated a Nigerian guy announced items not permitted to be taken into the embassy building and that all sealed envelopes including the medicals must be opened, then I approached and asked him if I could open the sealed envelop containing my transcript from my Polytechnic and he said yes, open every sealed envelop. After been screened by the security, we were then ushered into the embassy building across the road for cash payment. Before it got to my turn, I brought out my B.Sc project in my bag and started reading. Eventually when it was my turn to pay, the decently behaved lady Cashier counted my Naira notes up to 4 different times and latter handed over N1,000 back to me been excess payment and I said thank God I became a N1,000 richer. I was searched again by the security and ushered into the main interview hall.

Few minutes into the main hall, my name was called by a friendly Nigerian guy for the submission of my documents. We smiled at each other during the collection process. I was however surprised when he returned both originals and copies of all my previous and current employment papers (I also qualify with my present employment), I asked why and he said emphasis is on educational qualifications. While waiting to be called, I again read and finished up the necessary areas in my B.Sc project that I took along (i.e. introduction, method of data gathering, summary, conclusion and recommendation). My confidence grew and got relaxed as I witnessed some interviews with few denials and many approvals.

At about few minutes to 11a.m, I saw a Consular Officer with my certificates from the transparent window. Since they never saw your documents until the day of interview, the consular officers usually study each applicant’s documents before being called. While going through my papers, she called her colleague, showed her my certificates and they both smiled. I never knew why, but said within myself that they had better smile than frown at my papers. I was ready and few seconds latter she called my number to window 13.

MAIN INTERVIEW

C.O: Good morning

ME: Good morning (with a smile)

C.O: Raise up your right hand and swear to say the truth

ME: I responded (with a smile)

C.O: Instructed to do the electronic finger printing

ME: I did

C.O: You are here because you were selected for further processing in the DV 2010

ME: Yes (with a smile)

C.O: What’s your name?

ME: I responded

C.O: What’s your date of birth?

C.O: How old are you?

C.O: I can see you are so much interested in Accounting, why?

ME: I fell in love with accounting right from Secondary school because of the wonderful attitude of my accounts teacher unlike the science subject teachers (with a smile)

C.O: She smiled back. What type of job will you do when you get to the U.S?

CO: What other type of job can you do?

CO: I can see you are an Auditor. What is the name of your employer?

CO: What is the difference between an Internal Auditor and a regular auditor? (I guess she meant an external auditor, but when she said regular, I knew she wasn’t an accounts person)

ME: I confidently and perfectly defined an internal auditor but before I finished the definition and define the other she said stop, that’s o.k. ( I guess She got convinced I knew it)

CO: Who is the person on your form?

ME: My Uncle’s wife

CO: You have been found eligible to immigrate to the U.S.

ME: Thank you, with a simple smile (I felt like jumping but I maintained my cool)

CO: She started typing, after a while stepped–aside to pick a paper from the printer. She came back and told me “CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES”. She gave me the visa pick-up paper with a blue tag and said don’t make any travel arrangement until you pick-up your visa. THE END

You can see that no single question was asked from all that I read despite the night vigils that landed me in the hospital. But I certainly wouldn’t have had the confidence had I not prepared so well, so my advice to those awaiting interview is to prepare very well because you never can tell where questions might come from. It is CERTAIN that any member who follows happenings in this forum will SURELY have a SUCCESSFUL interview. This forum is the greatest, I swear!!

The waiting time from the day of receipt of first Notification Letter to the day of successful interview was 440 days (1 year, 75 days). My interview was in less than 3 minutes.
TO GOD IS INDEED ALL THE GLORY.

Observations of other applicants’ interview denial and approvals will come up next.

Congratulations!!!

Some ride that must have been with all the early morning traffic

All glory to God who crowned your efforts in victory... and restored your health

Its good to give a little insight on the sweat and/or tears behind every success so that those behind you can by example, be comforted and spurred to press on in spite of challenges.