• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi i2009,

It is good to see you around. I miss the good
old times...

The big time is coming up for us, just around
the corner, I will post it as soon as we are done
with it. Thank you for asking, though...

Hello capeolive,

I definitely will be checking on you guys. I am positive that everything will go perfectly in your interview.

Best of luck!

i have the IO contact number, she told to call her on monday 27 th so she can update me about my case . coz she said that the fbi take 48-72 hours to release the results, amd by monday she will b able to approve me or not.

Hi Zubi, Great to know that IO gave you her number. 27th..ah!! sounds scary to me but still I hope you will be fine.

hello every one
What are the passport requirement for applying for AOS? Seems like I can not find any information on USCIS website. I found out here lots of people have successfully adjusted their statuses. I am a different category tho. What do they check for as far as the passport requirement goes? I am on F status.
I will appreciate any comment and help.

Hi zooyat,

Welcome to the last days of this thread.

In order to answer your question I need
more information on your status. You say
you are on "F status and on a different
catagory"
. Please, clarify...

hello every one
What are the passport requirement for applying for AOS? Seems like I can not find any information on USCIS website. I found out here lots of people have successfully adjusted their statuses. I am a different category tho. What do they check for as far as the passport requirement goes? I am on F status.
I will appreciate any comment and help.

Hi everyone,

I know it has been a while but i was following capolive's advice and focusing on our case for the pasts weeks. It was a roller coaster but thank to Allah my husband and i got our interviews and got approved for the green card. Both of our status are now on CPO and we are waiting for the Welcome letters and the cards! We really wanted to thank everyone on this forum.
Now, because our case was complicated, I wanted to go through it just in case someone else is in a similar situation.My husband and I were living and working in different states( him in CA and me in NY). We were both working on H1-B visas. We met seven years ago when we come from Africa to study , have been in a relationship for six years, lived in different states for five years and have been married for a little more than a year now . After graduating from a community college, I transferred to NY and my husband( then my boyfriend) stayed in TX. The schools we attended were good when it comes to the majors we were pursuing and the states offered more job opportunities( i studied finance and he did engineering). So we were living in different states for years while visiting each other as often as possible. We wanted to get married and finally live together after graduation but GOD has His plans an we have ours! I was the first to find a job so I signed a two years contract ( for security) that was in 2008. My husband could not find a job in NY but kept looking and only found something in CA. Because we wanted to get married, HE had to have a job and therefore he took it. We got married in beginning of may 2009 and I received KCC letter two weeks later .we were still stuck in two opposite coasts however because of my contract. We went to Africa for the wedding and had hundreds of pictures with family and of the ceremony. Our numbers became current in September and we applied for AOS in the beginning of Aug. I have put the time line below. We hesitated a lot toward the end when it came to me moving to CA or staying in NY for the interviews because as of September my contract was up and I was ready to finally move to CA. After thinking about it for a while, we decided not to change my address so that the process could be as smooth as possible. After doing walk in biometrics, I was schedules for interview on sept 14 and my husband on sept 15. My husband flew to NY for my interview. He was not allowed to come in with me but my interview went well and I got my passport stamped. On the same day, we flew to CA together and went to my husband's interview on the next morning. I was allowed to be with him during the interview and the officer ask questions to both of us about our relationship and proof of bona fide marriage. We show him our CA lease, car insurance, health insurance, my famous work contract with the two year mention, all of the plane tickets we had bought since we were together and the gross amount spent about 7000 dollars as well as all of the pictures we took during our relationship and of course the pictures of the wedding back home with our families and friends. He was very impressed by the food and traditional cloths( surprise!). When we were done, he told us that he would approve my husband right away, congratulated us and said that his card should be at home in the next two weeks. He also said that if my husband needed to travel outside the country within the next two weeks, he should come to the office to stamp his passport before then. When we checked our status on line that afternoon, both of our status were on CPO. By the way, when we left NY for CA, i finally took all of my staff and I am now living in CA with my husband!!! Again, thank you to everybody for your help and support but mostly to Allah who blessed us. It was not easy but we are happy it ended well Macha Allah
I hope that our story will comfort those who are in similar situation. Always be honest about your situation, always have proof to back up your arguments!!!
AND DO A LOT OF INFO PASS!!!

Good luck to everybody!!And I will update when we received the cards Incha Allah!

TIMELINE
May 2009- 1Nl
August 2009- 2NL
Case current in Sept 2010
Aug 5 2010- Sent Complete package to Chicago
Aug17 2010- NOA
Aug 25(me) and 26( husband)-No Bio letter so we did walk in Bio
Aug 26 -Bio appointment for Sept 17(so late!!!)
Now waiting for interview letter...
Sep8- my husband has his interview letter for 9/15( before planned bios)
Sep9- I received my interview letter for 9/14
Sept14- my interview in NY- approved and stamped
Sept15 Husband interview in CA- approved
Sept16- Both CPO
Now waiting for welcome letter and Cards!!!

By the way, could someone explain what PDA means ? Thanks

Hi mitondaw,

Congratulations on your successful
"double interviews" I hope the cards
you are about to get help you positively
in this land...

I hope you and your husband live here
in dignity have good kids and raise them
as good human beings despite the environment...

The process after the interview is as follows:

* CPO
* Welcome Letter
* PDA (Post Decision Activity at online status which means your cards have being sent)

Your family got my best wishes and prayers...

Hi everyone,

I know it has been a while but i was following capolive's advice and focusing on our case for the pasts weeks. It was a roller coaster but thank to Allah my husband and i got our interviews and got approved for the green card. Both of our status are now on CPO and we are waiting for the Welcome letters and the cards! We really wanted to thank everyone on this forum.
Now, because our case was complicated, I wanted to go through it just in case someone else is in a similar situation.My husband and I were living and working in different states( him in CA and me in NY). We were both working on H1-B visas. We met seven years ago when we come from Africa to study , have been in a relationship for six years, lived in different states for five years and have been married for a little more than a year now . After graduating from a community college, I transferred to NY and my husband( then my boyfriend) stayed in TX. The schools we attended were good when it comes to the majors we were pursuing and the states offered more job opportunities( i studied finance and he did engineering). So we were living in different states for years while visiting each other as often as possible. We wanted to get married and finally live together after graduation but GOD has His plans an we have ours! I was the first to find a job so I signed a two years contract ( for security) that was in 2008. My husband could not find a job in NY but kept looking and only found something in CA. Because we wanted to get married, HE had to have a job and therefore he took it. We got married in beginning of may 2009 and I received KCC letter two weeks later .we were still stuck in two opposite coasts however because of my contract. We went to Africa for the wedding and had hundreds of pictures with family and of the ceremony. Our numbers became current in September and we applied for AOS in the beginning of Aug. I have put the time line below. We hesitated a lot toward the end when it came to me moving to CA or staying in NY for the interviews because as of September my contract was up and I was ready to finally move to CA. After thinking about it for a while, we decided not to change my address so that the process could be as smooth as possible. After doing walk in biometrics, I was schedules for interview on sept 14 and my husband on sept 15. My husband flew to NY for my interview. He was not allowed to come in with me but my interview went well and I got my passport stamped. On the same day, we flew to CA together and went to my husband's interview on the next morning. I was allowed to be with him during the interview and the officer ask questions to both of us about our relationship and proof of bona fide marriage. We show him our CA lease, car insurance, health insurance, my famous work contract with the two year mention, all of the plane tickets we had bought since we were together and the gross amount spent about 7000 dollars as well as all of the pictures we took during our relationship and of course the pictures of the wedding back home with our families and friends. He was very impressed by the food and traditional cloths( surprise!). When we were done, he told us that he would approve my husband right away, congratulated us and said that his card should be at home in the next two weeks. He also said that if my husband needed to travel outside the country within the next two weeks, he should come to the office to stamp his passport before then. When we checked our status on line that afternoon, both of our status were on CPO. By the way, when we left NY for CA, i finally took all of my staff and I am now living in CA with my husband!!! Again, thank you to everybody for your help and support but mostly to Allah who blessed us. It was not easy but we are happy it ended well Macha Allah
I hope that our story will comfort those who are in similar situation. Always be honest about your situation, always have proof to back up your arguments!!!
AND DO A LOT OF INFO PASS!!!

Good luck to everybody!!And I will update when we received the cards Incha Allah!

TIMELINE
May 2009- 1Nl
August 2009- 2NL
Case current in Sept 2010
Aug 5 2010- Sent Complete package to Chicago
Aug17 2010- NOA
Aug 25(me) and 26( husband)-No Bio letter so we did walk in Bio
Aug 26 -Bio appointment for Sept 17(so late!!!)
Now waiting for interview letter...
Sep8- my husband has his interview letter for 9/15( before planned bios)
Sep9- I received my interview letter for 9/14
Sept14- my interview in NY- approved and stamped
Sept15 Husband interview in CA- approved
Sept16- Both CPO
Now waiting for welcome letter and Cards!!!

By the way, could someone explain what PDA means ? Thanks

Expedited interview

I got my biometrics done today and I think i am in time conflict. I did a walk in because my biometric date was sometime in october (DV ends in september) and they let me do it. However I am wondering if they will give me a interview date before end of september, i know I have a very few days and I dont know what to do. Some advice would be really helpful

Hi mitondaw,

Congratulations on your successful
"double interviews" I hope the cards
you are about to get help you positively
in this land...

I hope you and your husband live here
in dignity have good kids and raise them
as good human beings despite the environment...

The process after the interview is as follows:

* CPO
* Welcome Letter
* PDA (Post Decision Activity at online status which means your cards have being sent)

Your family got my best wishes and prayers...

Amin(may Allah make your wishes come true) Thank you very much capeolive!! i wish you the best too!

Hi Simubure,

First of all, where have you been so far?

Anyways, where is your Field Office?

You should do an InfoPass immediately!
Do it right away and tell me the date!
I will tell you what to do, but unfortunately
"the time is not on your side!" I will do
my best under the conditions...

You job is to cancel everything that you are doing
and put all your efforts to get your green card,
but not much time is left!

I got my biometrics done today and I think i am in time conflict. I did a walk in because my biometric date was sometime in october (DV ends in september) and they let me do it. However I am wondering if they will give me a interview date before end of september, i know I have a very few days and I dont know what to do. Some advice would be really helpful

my field office is houston
I know I messed this up because USCIS told me to wait for my paper work to come so I thought I had to file I485 after my second papers come. I was wrong.
I dont mind taking the INFOPASS but do you think under conditions like mine they would expedite the process of interview. I got my biometrics done today and when I think about it september 30th is just a few days infront of me. Do you think I should talk to an attorney? would they be of any help?

I know I messed this up because USCIS told me to wait for my paper work to come so I thought I had to file I485 after my second papers come. I was wrong.
I dont mind taking the INFOPASS but do you think under conditions like mine they would expedite the process of interview. I got my biometrics done today and when I think about it september 30th is just a few days infront of me. Do you think I should talk to an attorney? would they be of any help?

Thanks for the info capeolive, I don't have one.

Hi winee10,

You should go to your social security office
and apply. Most of the places you can do it
as walk-in. If you already have one replacement
takes about 10 days. If you have never had one
before it takes 3 to 4 weeks. You might need your
green card and passport to apply, if you already
have one you need that as well...

Hi everyone .....
I would like to share my interview experience with you guys and i am sure it was one of the moments that i would cherish forever...:)
So i finished my biometrics during 5th of august and was waiting for the interview later. I had made several calls to KCC and the USCIS national customer care service but could not get any required information from them regarding my interview date. Finally i expedited my case on 23rd of august and received a letter from the New Orleans field office stating that they will schedule my interview sometime during the month of sept. I was relieved and started waiting for the letter. However, i did not receive any letter till 13th of sept and it was on this day that that i made a call again at the customer care service and explained my case to them. After holding for about 20-30 mins i was allowed to talk to a supervisor who told me that the field office has not scheduled any interview yet. I started getting worried but she also told me to make an info pass as soon as possible and find out the reason behind the delay in my interview schedule. I booked a ticket for New orleans the very next day and was on my way to NO for an infopass on 15th sept at 8 am. As per schedule i arrived at the field office for my info pass, i talked to an officer and explained my case to him. He went inside and came out with a surprise in his face and he told me that my interview is schedule for today at 8 am. I was shocked. didn't know what to tell him. He gave me a letter and asked me to drop behind a door which i did. Fortunately i had all my documents with me at that moment but i was not at all prepared for the interview. A lady called my name and i followed her to her office. She was really nice and asked me to take the oath. She also explained me that they had send me an interview letter a while ago but somehow it never reached to my address and hence it got returned. She also told me that i was lucky to be here on the same day of the interview even if i had no idea that it was my interview date. She did not ask me much and approved my case in no time. That was it. I was glad that i did not had to go through any questions. I think i was lucky enough to be there and i am really excited to have my case approved. I checked my status online and now its CPO. Thank you everyone in this forum. This forum was really helpful to me. Even though i did not write much in this forum, i always checked everyones updates and that helped me a lot.

gud luck to everyone ....

Hi Simubure,

I don't know if you can do it alone
miracles do happen but you have to
use what you got. I answered your
post and asked you questions but you
answered 5 hours later.

Anyways, have you scheduled an InfoPass
if so what is the date?

Also provide me with the following information:

* When have you sent in your DV package?
* What is your case number?

P.S. If you cannot answer soon I won't be
available later!

Hi insaneanil,

Miracles do happen. Congratulations on
"an interview by chance" Your immigration
officer was nice enough to approve you in
their online system. You are safe now.

I hope the card you are about to get helps
you out in the best possible ways...

Hi everyone .....
I would like to share my interview experience with you guys and i am sure it was one of the moments that i would cherish forever...:)
So i finished my biometrics during 5th of august and was waiting for the interview later. I had made several calls to KCC and the USCIS national customer care service but could not get any required information from them regarding my interview date. Finally i expedited my case on 23rd of august and received a letter from the New Orleans field office stating that they will schedule my interview sometime during the month of sept. I was relieved and started waiting for the letter. However, i did not receive any letter till 13th of sept and it was on this day that that i made a call again at the customer care service and explained my case to them. After holding for about 20-30 mins i was allowed to talk to a supervisor who told me that the field office has not scheduled any interview yet. I started getting worried but she also told me to make an info pass as soon as possible and find out the reason behind the delay in my interview schedule. I booked a ticket for New orleans the very next day and was on my way to NO for an infopass on 15th sept at 8 am. As per schedule i arrived at the field office for my info pass, i talked to an officer and explained my case to him. He went inside and came out with a surprise in his face and he told me that my interview is schedule for today at 8 am. I was shocked. didn't know what to tell him. He gave me a letter and asked me to drop behind a door which i did. Fortunately i had all my documents with me at that moment but i was not at all prepared for the interview. A lady called my name and i followed her to her office. She was really nice and asked me to take the oath. She also explained me that they had send me an interview letter a while ago but somehow it never reached to my address and hence it got returned. She also told me that i was lucky to be here on the same day of the interview even if i had no idea that it was my interview date. She did not ask me much and approved my case in no time. That was it. I was glad that i did not had to go through any questions. I think i was lucky enough to be there and i am really excited to have my case approved. I checked my status online and now its CPO. Thank you everyone in this forum. This forum was really helpful to me. Even though i did not write much in this forum, i always checked everyones updates and that helped me a lot.

gud luck to everyone ....

Hi Simubure,

I don't know if you can do it alone
miracles do happen but you have to
use what you got. I answered your
post and asked you questions but you
answered 5 hours later.

Anyways, have you scheduled an InfoPass
if so what is the date?

Also provide me with the following information:

* When have you sent in your DV package?
* What is your case number?

P.S. If you cannot answer soon I won't be
available later!

my number is 47000's
i have not done the infopass...i talked to my lawyer and she said she was gonna do it for me.(Just today)
I sent the application 29th august...and they sent me the biometrics notice yesterday.
I dont know what to expect, I think my lawyer is going to do the infopass on behalf of me. Do they have the power to move the interview date forward?