• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi winnerdv11,

It is not as complicated as you think.
Probably they are going to give you
a skin test, a few shots and depending
on your skin test an x-ray.

You just make two visits and pay around
$300, that's it. If you have a record of
any of the shots they won't give them.

I would advice you to try a different civil
surgeon and preferably in a populated area.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Please, add information about your case.
Case number, location etc.

You can do it from top of this page,
go settings/edit signature/save signature/ check show signature when posting...

DV WINNERS
Could you pls. answer this question.
I will be doing DV (Diversity Visa Winner) AOS in few months, probably in October. I am wondering what happens if I did not complete the series of vaccination requirement, such as Hepatitis B. It takes 6 months to complete this series of vaccine. I called one of the clinics (civil surgeon/doctors) and asked them about this matter and they said I will not be called for visa interview until I get all the required vaccines, even though all other requirements are clear. Is it true?
Thank you.

HI..Summet
you will get ur letter in days!!! cuz I got my letter today. :)

And a question for guys who done your interview, do I need to prepare every doc show on "check list" paper?! even I don't have something like income Tax returns?(I never work here) etc..

no mails in the mail box. that means I am not getting the interview letter on the month of july. Hope to get it b4 thursday.so that i dont have to be going for infopass again...

Last edited by a moderator:
HI capeolive,
I just want to see if you know the procedure how to file retroactively. At first I didnt want to do it but since I am free anyways and have nothing to do so want to get it done to keep my self busy. I am in states from August 2005 and have changed 2 states and 3 colleges so far and yet I havent filed the tax for any of them because I asked about filing tax during my first year the international adviser just told me I dont have to. ANyways but now I know what kind of tax I am supposed to file. I want to do it now. But I want to know how to do it. will it be easier if i go to the taxpayer assistance center and get it done. Also I got my social security # since 2009. what would be the best thing to do and what are the documents that might be required?
I hope I can keep myself busy doing the stuff I need to, till I get my interview letter...
Hi Suzik,

I take it you have to file it. You should also file the years
that you have not filed. You can get the forms online and
file them. I have not heard anybody having any problems
during AOS for not filing form 8843 but it is better to be
cautious than to be sorry later on.

You can check the following link for more information...

http://international.utk.edu/scholars/documents/taxes/2009/General-information-tax-year-2009.pdf

Happy for you Zuno, I think that my calculation was right about the estimated time. I havent checked my mail box yet hope I will get it as well. I am just scared coz my case is a little bit twisted than yours. I hope to get it as well soon.

Hi zuno,

Congratulations on getting your interview letter.
You are in Los Angeles, only two months left. It is
great to get your interview letter already. You should
be thankful...

Sometimes they just send a standard interview letter
which is already in their system. I call this generation
"copy-paste generation" nobody has time to do
his/her job properly any more.

You should disregard the things that do not apply to you.

HI..Summet

And a question for guys who done your interview, do I need to prepare every doc show on "check list" paper?! even I don't have something like income Tax returns?(I never work here) etc..

Hi guys,

Today i got receipt from DOS regarding my $440*2 for DV Visa.

It was my original form which they weakly stamped at the bottom as PAID and the date.

Is it how it's supposed to look like? I thought it should be official Notice of action kind of receipt

Hi Summet,

I can tell you how to do it but since you need to keep yourself busy
these days, go to local IRS office and tell them that you want to file
form 8843 retroactively for past years and what you should do. I am
providing you the address of the IRS in Dallas.

I heard that Alaska IRS is more experienced in form 8843 may be you
should consider going to Alaska. You can buy a 7 Day Greyhound Discovery
Pass. You'll be back by August 5...

Dallas IRS Office
1100 Commerce
Dallas, TX 75242

Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

HI capeolive,
I just want to see if you know the procedure how to file retroactively. At first I didnt want to do it but since I am free anyways and have nothing to do so want to get it done to keep my self busy. I am in states from August 2005 and have changed 2 states and 3 colleges so far and yet I havent filed the tax for any of them because I asked about filing tax during my first year the international adviser just told me I dont have to. ANyways but now I know what kind of tax I am supposed to file. I want to do it now. But I want to know how to do it. will it be easier if i go to the taxpayer assistance center and get it done. Also I got my social security # since 2009. what would be the best thing to do and what are the documents that might be required?
I hope I can keep myself busy doing the stuff I need to, till I get my interview letter...

Hi lisa6,

It is how they do it. I know probably you were expecting
something more serious after paying $440. By the way they
started using less ink to help the economy...

Hi guys,

It was my original form which they weakly stamped at the bottom as PAID and the date.

Is it how it's supposed to look like? I thought it should be official Notice of action kind of receipt

HI..Summet

Congrats zuno!!!

Thank you thank you thank you

After paying $880 I expected personal phone call from Hilary Clinton:)

Now I am completely ready. Can't wait until Oct'1!!! Longest summer in my life:)

Hi lisa6,

It is how they do it. I know probably you were expecting
something more serious after paying $440. By the way they
started using less ink to help the economy...

She is busy with Chelsea's wedding.
Otherwise she would call you personally...

Thank you thank you thank you

After paying $880 I expected personal phone call from Hilary Clinton:)

Now I am completely ready. Can't wait until Oct'1!!! Longest summer in my life:)

HI..Summet

zuno,
great news! knew you will get it and soon enough! looks like our l.a. office is quite efficient. i think it is a standard form that they send out. there are boxes for them to tick but mine had no ticks at all and, like you said, some of the documents do not apply to me at all. i will update you on my interview when i am done.

ehhe that was a good one.. even i was thinking of going in a 7 day cruise for alaska to see form whales...but anyways..a little bit broke after helping the US economy twice. but ya I will go to the IRS office and see what I can do..hope i will get my letter this monday coz i am just a day behind with zuno in everything...
P.S - am i the only one left to get the interview letter whose number is current for August??
Hi Summet,

I can tell you how to do it but since you need to keep yourself busy
these days, go to local IRS office and tell them that you want to file
form 8843 retroactively for past years and what you should do. I am
providing you the address of the IRS in Dallas.

I heard that Alaska IRS is more experienced in form 8843 may be you
should consider going to Alaska. You can buy a 7 Day Greyhound Discovery
Pass. You'll be back by August 5...

Dallas IRS Office
1100 Commerce
Dallas, TX 75242

Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Thanks leongsce..
I'm sure you will bring the good news back on 8/11 ^^

zuno,
great news! knew you will get it and soon enough! looks like our l.a. office is quite efficient. i think it is a standard form that they send out. there are boxes for them to tick but mine had no ticks at all and, like you said, some of the documents do not apply to me at all. i will update you on my interview when i am done.

HI..Summet

Hi zuno,
congratulations!!!!
Get yourself ready and everything will be fine.
Keep in mind that we all get our GCs so you will get it as well.
Best of luck!!!

Hi guys,

Hi lisa6,
yes that is how it looks like.
Keep it on the safe place.

Hello guys!!!!
Finally, I find a person who is ready to sign I-134 for me. Thank GOD!!! Could you help me please to answer the following questions:
1. I-134 doesn’t have to be notarized. Is it correct?
2. Is it enough to submit as supporting evidence a copy of last income tax return?
Thank you in advance!

Hi mechta,

It is good news for you.

A1. It doesn't need to be notarized, but in some rare cases IO may require it.
A2. It is not enough. You he/she should provide bank letter, employment letter,
tax return. Also copy of passport or pr card. The sponsor does NOT have to be
a citizen or permanent resident, but it would help. Just read the instructions for
yourself and learn the process thoroughly, not to lose any time. Good luck...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Hello guys!!!!
Finally, I find a person who is ready to sign I-134 for me. Thank GOD!!! Could you help me please to answer the following questions:
1. I-134 doesn’t have to be notarized. Is it correct?
2. Is it enough to submit as supporting evidence a copy of last income tax return?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mechta,

It is good news for you.

A1. It doesn't need to be notarized, but in some rare cases IO may require it.
A2. It is not enough. You he/she should provide bank letter, employment letter,
tax return. Also copy of passport or pr card. The sponsor does NOT have to be
a citizen or permanent resident, but it would help. Just read the instructions for
yourself and learn the process thoroughly, not to lose any time. Good luck...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Good evening, Capeolive!!! Thank you very much. I will read the instructions!!!

Hi guys,

I recently received I-797C, Notice of Action. It has receipt number. I think I can check my case status right. But says, "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again...". How can I check my status now?

And also will they send separate mail for Biometric appointment? I thought I-797C comes with Biometric appointment?

Do you guys know about this?

Thank you for your help.