• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Guys.
Do I need to have two I-134s, one for me and one for my spouse, or just one would be alright?

When I calculated my case with respect to chooti's I was supposed to get my Interview letter by today but it an't looking likely that I will be getting my interview letter this month, I have to go to the FO and inquire about my case on 5th of august, its just hard to wait till that long, I was wondering whats the route of the application on my case, since I got no letter for Biometrics, is my application going straight from chicago to my local FO or it has to go to all those other places as well. Now I am getting worried with 2 months on my hand.

Hi Summet,

The DV AOS applications go through National Benefits Center in Missouri.
They are then forwarded to the Local Field Offices.

Also DV Case files that KCC has are forwarded to FO's upon request.

It is hard but your best bet is to wait until your InfoPass. There is still
one more week to go you might get your interview letter meanwhile...

When I calculated my case with respect to chooti's I was supposed to get my Interview letter by today but it an't looking likely that I will be getting my interview letter this month, I have to go to the FO and inquire about my case on 5th of august, its just hard to wait till that long, I was wondering whats the route of the application on my case, since I got no letter for Biometrics, is my application going straight from chicago to my local FO or it has to go to all those other places as well. Now I am getting worried with 2 months on my hand.

Yeah, I am just desperate now. Like I already mentioned that, the KCC guys told me they have already sent my files to FO. that was like 3 months ago when they told me about it. I just wanted to make sure about it and I called them today again, and they told me that my file is already at irving office. so all i am worried about is the file that is to be transferred from MIssouri. I cannot wait till this thursday. i think this is gonna be one of the longest week for me now..
Hi Summet,

The DV AOS applications go through National Benefits Center in Missouri.
They are then forwarded to the Local Field Offices.

Also DV Case files that KCC has are forwarded to FO's upon request.

It is hard but your best bet is to wait until your InfoPass. There is still
one more week to go you might get your interview letter meanwhile...

If possible, take a trip, do a walkabout.
Change the environment, keep yourself
busy, get tired. You can do some good
deeds as well. If you cannot take a trip
for several days, at least take daily trips.
Hike in the woods etc. get so tired when
you return home go straight to bed.

Take a break for a week. Changing the
environment helps. Do some praying as well.

This, one week of yours will past for sure,
just do some good things to take your mind
off your case.

Just focus on next week, you might have a battle
to fight ahead. Be prepared emotionally...

Yeah, I am just desperate now. Like I already mentioned that, the KCC guys told me they have already sent my files to FO. that was like 3 months ago when they told me about it. I just wanted to make sure about it and I called them today again, and they told me that my file is already at irving office. so all i am worried about is the file that is to be transferred from MIssouri. I cannot wait till this thursday. i think this is gonna be one of the longest week for me now..

The worst I can imagine for now is that your 'old' file may have had the same fate as Cape's, it may have gone to the Records ctr as a case already decided. FO may have to recall it back. (I am pretty sure they will need it too, to consider your 2nd application)
Don't worry.... even if that happens they will be able to get it fast. My guess is that you WILL get the intvw ltr soon. If not Aug. 05th you will be able to get a 'favorable' answer as to.... where is my file now?
and in the meantime, you should know better by now how to be 'careful', do not repeat any un necessary shrt comings as you did in scheduling your infopass the other day. just not worth panicking and making silly mistakes at this pt of time.

Best!

thanks a lot capeolive and NuvF,
I can say i am a bit comfort about my case now. Because even in the worst scenerio I will be getting the interview. About going out. I am a little busy now, working at college in the laboratory. I know that i have to stop thinking about it but whenever I apply for some jobs out of college they ask me for the PR or citizenship which make me worry even more. But I can deal with it till the next thursday. I just hope that I can make my next update as: interview letter received :)....and i am praying and again thanx a lot for all the members in this forum or having good wishes to me..
P.S. I was wondering if zuno have heard anything about his case.

Nah...
still waiting for my interview letter...
I think chooti's case is unique. I can't expect as lucky as Chooti, got the letter before BIO...just wishes let me get my GC before this FY...

thanks a lot capeolive and NuvF,
I can say i am a bit comfort about my case now. Because even in the worst scenerio I will be getting the interview. About going out. I am a little busy now, working at college in the laboratory. I know that i have to stop thinking about it but whenever I apply for some jobs out of college they ask me for the PR or citizenship which make me worry even more. But I can deal with it till the next thursday. I just hope that I can make my next update as: interview letter received :)....and i am praying and again thanx a lot for all the members in this forum or having good wishes to me..
P.S. I was wondering if zuno have heard anything about his case.

yeah zuno,
i do think so , however i comfort myself thinking that we still have 60 more days left. and also I am going for a infopass this 5th of august, atleast they should be able to tel me what is really going on, coz after i got the NOA for my I485, i havent heard anything from there, dont even know what is really going on. I think you can also make the infopass appointment and go ask them about your case coz your case will be current from this monday and they are obligated to tell what is going on with your case if the file is there. I even havent got my biometrics, and so far I am assuming they are considering my old biometrics, but still I canot just believe that and wait, so I am just gonna ask where is my file? and why havent I been called for Biometrics and why I havent got my interview letter. I hope to get the good response, I think you do the same thing.

yeah zuno,
i do think so , however i comfort myself thinking that we still have 60 more days left. and also I am going for a infopass this 5th of august, atleast they should be able to tel me what is really going on, coz after i got the NOA for my I485, i havent heard anything from there, dont even know what is really going on. I think you can also make the infopass appointment and go ask them about your case coz your case will be current from this monday and they are obligated to tell what is going on with your case if the file is there. I even havent got my biometrics, and so far I am assuming they are considering my old biometrics, but still I canot just believe that and wait, so I am just gonna ask where is my file? and why havent I been called for Biometrics and why I havent got my interview letter. I hope to get the good response, I think you do the same thing.

I hope you will get some good news after the infopass. At least you will be able to get an idea about the current situation of your application. It's better if zuno also go for an infopass. We called KCC today, but our file has not been requested by local office yet. It's great if they request the file in early next week, otherwise the file won't be reached to our local office before the interview.

Hi guys,

I am from thread dv 2011! We are facing a small difficulty and really need your help guys to clarify a question about taxes!I have been an international student F1 for 3 years here and have never filed my taxes since i havent had any income! Then i found out that even you dont have an income you have to file 8843 form! So is anyone familiar with that question?
Has anyone in F1 visa status was asked about their taxes at the USCIS interview?

thanks a lot in advance

Hi guys,

I am from thread dv 2011! We are facing a small difficulty and really need your help guys to clarify a question about taxes!I have been an international student F1 for 3 years here and have never filed my taxes since i havent had any income! Then i found out that even you dont have an income you have to file 8843 form! So is anyone familiar with that question?
Has anyone in F1 visa status was asked about their taxes at the USCIS interview?

thanks a lot in advance

It should not be a prob.
But you can file them retroactively for past years. Do it so you are on the safe side.
Get to a local tax office and get info how to do it.

http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html

Following is from a Google result

http://www.wfu.edu/cis/intl_students/tax_information.html

Filing Retroactively

If you were unaware of the fact that you were required to submit Form 8843 for previous tax years in which you resided in the U.S. in F or J student status, you may file retroactively for each year the form was not filed. Simply include a separate Form 8843 for each year that was missed. When filing forms retroactively, cross out the year in the upper right hand corner and write in the year for which you are filing.

Hi Suzik,

I take it you have to file it. You should also file the years
that you have not filed. You can get the forms online and
file them. I have not heard anybody having any problems
during AOS for not filing form 8843 but it is better to be
cautious than to be sorry later on.

You can check the following link for more information...

http://international.utk.edu/scholars/documents/taxes/2009/General-information-tax-year-2009.pdf

Hi guys,

thanks a lot in advance

I hope so. Or I wish to see the interview letter by the time I get home tonight. And about the file from KCC now I am a bit worried about it, because my file was send about like 4 months ago so I dont know if they will still have it there or send it some where, my process has been a complete unique in every aspect I hope that I will get the interview letter and then I can make it work one way or other, juss cannot wait till I see the interview letter in my hand..so that I can be relieved till I go for the interview.
P.S. if any of you guys know any one with the situation like mine .let me know..the ones who applied for the second time
I hope you will get some good news after the infopass. At least you will be able to get an idea about the current situation of your application. It's better if zuno also go for an infopass. We called KCC today, but our file has not been requested by local office yet. It's great if they request the file in early next week, otherwise the file won't be reached to our local office before the interview.

no mails in the mail box. that means I am not getting the interview letter on the month of july. Hope to get it b4 thursday.so that i dont have to be going for infopass again...

DV WINNERS
Could you pls. answer this question.
I will be doing DV (Diversity Visa Winner) AOS in few months, probably in October. I am wondering what happens if I did not complete the series of vaccination requirement, such as Hepatitis B. It takes 6 months to complete this series of vaccine. I called one of the clinics (civil surgeon/doctors) and asked them about this matter and they said I will not be called for visa interview until I get all the required vaccines, even though all other requirements are clear. Is it true?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dvwinner11,

No, it is NOT true!!!

You should read the instructions about Vaccines and Medical Examinations on the USCIS website and from CDC for immigration. Some vaccines are not required at all (such as Hep A, B, and so forth, read the instructions) depending on your age and unless you are at high risk for exposure towards certain diseases (travelers, health care workers, certain age groups, etc.). However, you must have MMR, TDaP (or TD in certain cases), Varicella (chicken pox), and Flu Shot (during flu season November through March). Even if you decide to get the rest of the shots (which is good for you), you do NOT have to complete the series for the sake of AOS (this info is in the instructions). You should call a few Civil Surgeons in your area and ask what shots are required, they will mostly tell you only MMR and TDap or TD is required, and ask you if you had chicken pox as a child, anything else is a rip-off. As an adult, you do not have to get all the vaccines (except for reasons mentioned above, again refer to CDC). I have posted the link to CDC and USCIS for info on this issue, there are many topics, you can skim through and educate yourself about it:

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...vaccination-immigration-faq.html#whatvaccines

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Also, please include your case details in your signature (your case number, field office, when NL1 was received and so on). That way, it will be easier for us to give you better advice.

Good Luck!

DV WINNERS
I will be doing DV (Diversity Visa Winner) AOS in few months, probably in October. I am wondering what happens if I did not complete the series of vaccination requirement, such as Hepatitis B. It takes 6 months to complete this series of vaccine. I called one of the clinics (civil surgeon/doctors) and asked them about this matter and they said I will not be called for visa interview until I get all the required vaccines, even though all other requirements are clear. Is it true?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
DV WINNERS
Thank you.

Chk this too http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5901-Immunization.pdf
Page 2 Fig 1, in general only the ones in YELLOW are needed.
For vericella (chickenpox), if you have had it, just tell the Dr he will write it down and you do not have to take it.
You do not have to complete the whole series before sending in i-485, Dr will write something like 'not enough time' or similar. But it will be good if you can complete the whole series and have the records with you before the i-485 intvw.

If you were ever on F1 or H1, you may have already got MMR series and the TB skin test, look for those records.
If your TB was -ve in the past , they will most probably do it again.
If it was +ve in the past, DO NOT let them do the skin test again and you may have already gone through the INH med regime. In that case,most of the time it will be only a new xray. Get all your past paperwork and be prepared.

Best !