• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I recently received I-797C, Notice of Action. It has receipt number. I think I can check my case status right. But says, "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again...". How can I check my status now?

And also will they send separate mail for Biometric appointment? I thought I-797C comes with Biometric appointment?

Do you guys know about this?

Thank you for your help.

Normally it takes sometime for your online case to be updated. Try to check it daily. You will get a separate appointment letter for biometrics.

Hi suu5,

It is good to hear everything went OK and you got your NOA.

I would advise to check your status this week again and
if you keep getting the same message call USCIS. In some
rare occasions some applicants were not able to check
their online status throughout the process.

You should get a separate NOA for ASC Appointment Notice...

I recently received I-797C, Notice of Action. It has receipt number. I think I can check my case status right. But says, "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again...". How can I check my status now?

And also will they send separate mail for Biometric appointment? I thought I-797C comes with Biometric appointment?

Do you guys know about this?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Norkira
Greeting! I am wondering why you don't need to do interview? Is it because the country you from or your job in USA?
Regards,
AKen

Hi Aken,
Sorry it took me this long....been without internet for couple of days. Anyways, I really don't think it's because of the country I come from or my job. I mean, they might have helped, but my income isn't even that high. In any case, I believe it could have been because Detroit is not such a busy office, because I also have two other friends who got it without an interview. God had a lot to do with it too; and, of course, maintaining perfect record throughout my stay here, such as: I never got a ticket of any kind, good credit history, good student, always maintained a legal status and what not. As far as the documents, I followed the advices that I got from reading this forum.....there's some great people in here who always went the extra mile to help each-other. Anyways, best of luck to you.

Yes indeed Nokira! Your card production was ordered only 4 days after your biometrics; in my case it's been almost 40 days and I still haven't received an interview letter...I really wish I was as lucky :):):)

I do feel guilty, but remember, I, just like you guys, have suffered for long 8 years before getting the green card, including 7 years away from my friends and family without any relative around. I believe the hard work pays off...sooner or later, let's hope it will be soon for you :)

Hi guys,

Today i got receipt from DOS regarding my $440*2 for DV Visa.

It was my original form which they weakly stamped at the bottom as PAID and the date.

Is it how it's supposed to look like? I thought it should be official Notice of action kind of receipt

YEP, it looks surreal, but desperate times ask for desperate measures, LOL.

Happy for you Zuno, I think that my calculation was right about the estimated time. I havent checked my mail box yet hope I will get it as well. I am just scared coz my case is a little bit twisted than yours. I hope to get it as well soon.

Hang in there Summet, I pray that you also get an interview letter fast.

Hello guys!!!!
Finally, I find a person who is ready to sign I-134 for me. Thank GOD!!! Could you help me please to answer the following questions:
1. I-134 doesn’t have to be notarized. Is it correct?
2. Is it enough to submit as supporting evidence a copy of last income tax return?
Thank you in advance!

Ditto what capeolive said. As far as notarizing, the actual form don't think it has too, but the bank statements might. I would, just to be safe.

need some advice

Hi all
AS 27***
I have applied for AOS (number current in Aug). I am on F2 visa. we applied for AOS on July 1. my husband is on F1 and he is about to finish his studies and want to go for new job (he already got an offer) before Sep 30. I have some qns. I appreciate your ideas.
Q1. He wants to apply for opt so that he can start the new job without a problem in the event that we don't get the green card. But we have already applied for EAD with I 485. our lawyer says it is ok to apply for OPT now and it may not have impact on green card and vice verse. we are not sure about his words. But we are bit worried since it is the same application form( I 765) as we did with AOS. we are worried that OPT will get rejected since we have already file one I 765 with AOS( we are not sure about the lawyer's advice). Does anyone has similar experience? If OPT get rejected then we will loose our F1 status and it will affect on AOS. So he even applied for OPT and got it withdrawn after knowing that our current I 20 expires and we get new I 20 from the starting date of OPT. In this case if OPT get rejected then new I 20 will will not be valid and we will be out of status. So any suggestions on what we must do?

Q2- Thinking our situation only hope is to get green card. so we don't want to take any chance that will affect the process. Our lawyer says we don't need a affidavit of support document and we didn't send one with AOS package, but our I 20 shows the financial aid given by the university. any way my husband has a job offer letter that we can show in the interview. is it enough? or do I have to get an affidavit of support for me.

Thank you.

AS 27***
JUL 1- AOS sent
JUL 8- NOA letters
JUL 15-biometric letters for 8/11

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I am writing in this thread so as to know if anyone follow the way that I saw as an option listed below. Please help 2010 DV winners. Thanks
I have several questions and was wondering if anyone can help. I am already in US and currently working in H1B status.

I got selected online but I did not receive any letter in mail so I don't have Case#. However after contacting KCC they emailed me saying to fill out the form in here (travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html) and send them. As going thru the website, I notice that I can directly apply to USCIS instead of going thru KCC (as written on the very bottom of the website).

From Website:
Diversity visa selectee already in the United States >> When the principal (primary) diversity visa selectee is already physically present in the U.S., you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for adjustment of status. Click Adjust Status to learn more.
Once I clicked on the adjust status link, it says that I can go thru USCIS if I am eligible.

Is it true that I don't need to mail any documents to KCC and simply go thru USCIS as stated in the website? Any help would be great. Thanks

You must have case# before you can proceed. Call KCC.

Hi all,
I am writing in this thread so as to know if anyone follow the way that I saw as an option listed below. Please help 2010 DV winners. Thanks
I have several questions and was wondering if anyone can help. I am already in US and currently working in H1B status.

I got selected online but I did not receive any letter in mail so I don't have Case#. However after contacting KCC they emailed me saying to fill out the form in here (travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html) and send them. As going thru the website, I notice that I can directly apply to USCIS instead of going thru KCC (as written on the very bottom of the website).

From Website:
Diversity visa selectee already in the United States >> When the principal (primary) diversity visa selectee is already physically present in the U.S., you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for adjustment of status. Click Adjust Status to learn more.
Once I clicked on the adjust status link, it says that I can go thru USCIS if I am eligible.

Is it true that I don't need to mail any documents to KCC and simply go thru USCIS as stated in the website? Any help would be great. Thanks

Hi winee10,

Welcome to the forum. I will try to make it short.
I take it you are doing AOS with a lawyer.

First of all if your number would be current
in August you could have/should have applied
around June 10. This could give you a great advantage.

Anyways, I applied for I-765 when I had another card.
In my case they did not make it a problem. I do not see
any problems personally for applying for OPT. But just
call USCIS to make sure.

If you have an annual income of less than 125% of
poverty guidelines, they might require an I-134.
I should mention that in practice they have not
been requiring it in most of the cases. But I would
try to find a sponsor who can give an I-134 if possible.

Your location is also important. What is your field office?

Good luck in your process...

Hi all
AS 27***
I have applied for AOS (number current in Aug). I am on F2 visa. we applied for AOS on July 1. my husband is on F1 and he is about to finish his studies and want to go for new job (he already got an offer) before Sep 30. I have some qns. I appreciate your ideas.
Q1. He wants to apply for opt so that he can start the new job without a problem in the event that we don't get the green card. But we have already applied for EAD with I 485. our lawyer says it is ok to apply for OPT now and it may not have impact on green card and vice verse. we are not sure about his words. But we are bit worried since it is the same application form( I 765) as we did with AOS. we are worried that OPT will get rejected since we have already file one I 765 with AOS( we are not sure about the lawyer's advice). Does anyone has similar experience? If OPT get rejected then we will loose our F1 status and it will affect on AOS. So he even applied for OPT and got it withdrawn after knowing that our current I 20 expires and we get new I 20 from the starting date of OPT. In this case if OPT get rejected then new I 20 will will not be valid and we will be out of status. So any suggestions on what we must do?

Q2- Thinking our situation only hope is to get green card. so we don't want to take any chance that will affect the process. Our lawyer says we don't need a affidavit of support document and we didn't send one with AOS package, but our I 20 shows the financial aid given by the university. any way my husband has a job offer letter that we can show in the interview. is it enough? or do I have to get an affidavit of support for me.

Thank you.

AS 27***
JUL 1- AOS sent
JUL 8- NOA letters
JUL 15-biometric letters for 8/11

Hi usbhero,

First of all it is very important that you learn the process for yourself.

You have to make sure that you won for real. To understand it call KCC
try to get the case number and if you are a winner request them to send
you a copy of First Notification Letter.

If you can do this then come back to the forum, we will help you...

Hi all,

From Website:

Hi,
Capeolive.
I have been following you for very long. And i found most of your replies to the fellow DV winners to be helpful. I have a question for you. My biometric date is on 6th of aug at jackson MS. But currently i am in Maryland and there's a local ASC office located here nearby. I talked to the USCIS customer care agent and asked them if i could do my biometric as a walk inn but they said its not possible since they do not allow it now. But as far as i know it has been done before and recently too. Can you please do let me know whats the best thing for me to do ??
Any advice will be appreciated.

Hi insaneanil,

I haven't heard any case that walk-in biometrics
has been done other than the original ASC office.

Even if you want to do a walk-in biometrics to me
you should go to the "original" ASC office. Do not
try to do it any place else, this might cause some
complications. This late in the process you don't
want any complications.

That's what I would do. Good luck...

Hi,
Capeolive.
I have been following you for very long. And i found most of your replies to the fellow DV winners to be helpful. I have a question for you. My biometric date is on 6th of aug at jackson MS. But currently i am in Maryland and there's a local ASC office located here nearby. I talked to the USCIS customer care agent and asked them if i could do my biometric as a walk inn but they said its not possible since they do not allow it now. But as far as i know it has been done before and recently too. Can you please do let me know whats the best thing for me to do ??
Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your comments. It was helpful to relax my mind.

Yes I do it with a lawyer.

Yes I understood that I should have applied earlier than July 1. Most of them in the forum have done so.

It is good to hear that you applied for I 765 while you have another card. similar to our case. my husband will wait until we get the interview date and then will consider applying for OPT. It is a good idea to call them.

Yes I have someone to fill I 134 for me. I will get it for the interview.

my field office is Columbus, OH. they are not very friendly. After seeing the forums we got an info pass today to see if we can give biometrics. But the officer said we have to come on the scheduled date, if we cant make it reschedule it.

Hi winee10,

Welcome to the forum. I will try to make it short.
I take it you are doing AOS with a lawyer. -

First of all if your number would be current
in August you could have/should have applied
around May 10. This could give you a great advantage.

Anyways, I applied for I-765 when I had another card.
In my case they did not make it a problem. I do not see
any problems personally for applying for OPT. But just
call USCIS to make sure.

If you have an annual income of less than 125% of
poverty guidelines, they might require an I-134.
I should mention that in practice they have not
been requiring it in most of the cases. But I would
try to find a sponsor who can give an I-134 if possible.

Your location is also important. What is your field office?

Good luck in your process...

Most of the places Field Offices and ASC Offices are in separate places.
If this is the case in Columbus as well, you can go to ASC Office with
your appointment notices and can do walk-in biometrics. Worse comes
to worst they will tell you to come later. But so far mostly they have been
accepting walk-in biometrics. By doing it you would buy some time...

Thank you very much for your comments. It was helpful to relax my mind.

Yes I do it with a lawyer.

Yes I understood that I should have applied earlier than July 1. Most of them in the forum have done so.

It is good to hear that you applied for I 765 while you have another card. similar to our case. my husband will wait until we get the interview date and then will consider applying for OPT. It is a good idea to call them.

Yes I have someone to fill I 134 for me. I will get it for the interview.

my field office is Columbus, OH. they are not very friendly. After seeing the forums we got an info pass today to see if we can give biometrics. But the officer said we have to come on the scheduled date, if we cant make it reschedule it.

Thanks again for your valuable advices. I didn't know that there is a separate office for biometrics. More over I haven't read the interview letter properly. ASC is on another floor in the same building, we went to field office instead of ASC. Now only my husband says he saw a sign " biometrics on the sixth floor". Now he says we shall go there again day after tomorrow.
If they accept us, It will save us a week time which is very important.
one more Q - should they have our file in field office by the time we give biometrics?

Most of the places Field Offices and ASC Offices are in separate places.
If this is the case in Columbus as well, you can go to ASC Office with
your appointment notices and can do walk-in biometrics. Worse comes
to worst they will tell you to come later. But so far mostly they have been
accepting walk-in biometrics. By doing it you would buy some time...