• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

As far as I am concerned ASC is chosen according to the FO.
FO is chosen according to your zipcode. There might be some
exceptions that I am not aware of.

Sometimes they can have hard time even processing straight forward cases.
I think you should do your best not to complicate your case and raise red flags.
This is what I think...

Can FO and ASC be in 2 different cities?

Thaks i2009. I was planning on writing my case number as a header as well, just wasn't sure about A#. It will go in for sure in the application forms where it is requested.

Hello Izzy120,

I did not write my A# on all supporting documents. I DID write my Case Number with pencil in all the Forms though.

This is my take on the subject: If the form requires you to enter a A# and you have one (no matter what kind of A# you have) then enter your A# were it is requested. The USCIS will assign a new A# to your case if they need to.

I hope this answer your question!

No, you have not caused any misunderstandings. :D

Without any doubt, I will provide my A# on the forms where they ask for it.

I guess my original question was, if I needed to write it on the supporting documents.

My full name, DV case number, etc. will go in my header for all supporting documents, I was only curious to know if I needed to include A# there as I didn't want to create any confusions. I believe USCIS is very efficient with the work they do but my sour experiences in the past have forbidden me to assume anything.

Thanks again for your clarification. :)

Hi Izzy120,

I do not want to cause any misunderstandings.

When A# is asked and you have one use it.
DV Case number should be written with a pencil
on upper right corner of all documents. It is not
a requirement though. In case the documents are
misplaced, they will have a greater chance to reunite.
DV case number also should be written back of the pictures...

In my case I was given the same A# afterwards.
I am not sure if they will give you another one or
use the one you already have.

No, you have not caused any misunderstandings. :D

Without any doubt, I will provide my A# on the forms where they ask for it.

I guess my original question was, if I needed to write it on the supporting documents.

My full name, DV case number, etc. will go in my header for all supporting documents, I was only curious to know if I needed to include A# there as I didn't want to create any confusions. I believe USCIS is very efficient with the work they do but my sour experiences in the past have forbidden me to assume anything.

Thanks again for your clarification. :)

From what I read about A#s, they have different A#s for immigrants and non-immigrants. Since the one I have was based on a non-immigrant status, I believe they will assign me another one based on my 485. But one can only wait and see.

In my case I was given the same A# afterwards.
I am not sure if they will give you another one or
use the one you already have.

Hi,
I am trying to understand all this sponsor requirements... My wife won DV2011 and she is in H4 status which means that she cannot work. But I have been working full-time in the US for the last 4 years under H-1B. When we apply for I-485 with AOS, do we also need to fill out the sponsor Form 134 (if I remember correctly)?
I think that copies of W-2 for the previous years and the employment status letter should be enough to prove our sustainability in the country.
Are they also checking whether we have tons of cash in the bank accounts or rich relatives (which in our case we don't)?
Many thanks.

Hi LuciDreamer,

You should have more than %125 of poverty guidelines.
If not they can ask for an affidavit of support (I-134)
Sometimes they even require it from the people who
have incomes way over the poverty guidelines. In case
of families a spouse's income, if enough, would be good
for both husband and wife. Being a citizen or green card
holder is not a requirement for sponsorship of I-134.

There are not very clear guidelines in DV AOS applications.
Many things might vary from FO to FO or mostly from
IO to IO. IO, before the interview or at the interview, might
request extra documentations if he/she sees it fit.

Check the following links try to understand the process for yourself...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_4437.html

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Hi,
I am trying to understand all this sponsor requirements... My wife won DV2011 and she is in H4 status which means that she cannot work. But I have been working full-time in the US for the last 4 years under H-1B. When we apply for I-485 with AOS, do we also need to fill out the sponsor Form 134 (if I remember correctly)?
I think that copies of W-2 for the previous years and the employment status letter should be enough to prove our sustainability in the country.
Are they also checking whether we have tons of cash in the bank accounts or rich relatives (which in our case we don't)?
Many thanks.

Thanks for your answers Capeolive.
I hope that we won't need to find a sponsor after having been living here successfully for the last 4 years. That requirement makes more sense for people going through consular processing and just about to enter the US.

Just an idea of looking for and asking someone to be the sponsor sounds kind of unpleasant.

"Sometimes they even require it from the people who have incomes way over the poverty guidelines."
That one makes me little nervous. I work as a Software Eng. making close to 90k annually and that should free us from having to look for a sponsor, I think.

HEY GUYS,
NEED A LITTLE HELP,
I made an infopass appointment for this 5th of august coz everything before that was full. it was for 11am in the morning, but when i made this appointment i couldnt print it because i didnt had printer at that time and now i closed the browser my mistake. when i went back to see if that time is still open its all full till monday, do any of you guys know if there is anyway I can get it. i dont have no conformation number or anything. or you think i should just go ahead and make an appointment for 9th?

If that's the case I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Of course you should support your DV AOS application
with supporting financial documents, like W-2's,
tax returns, bank accounts, employment letter etc.
from the beginning so that if/when they check the file
they wouldn't require an I-134 to start with. I wouldn't
worry about I-134 under the conditions...

Thanks for your answers Capeolive.
I hope that we won't need to find a sponsor after having been living here successfully for the last 4 years. That requirement makes more sense for people going through consular processing and just about to enter the US.

Just an idea of looking for and asking someone to be the sponsor sounds kind of unpleasant.

"Sometimes they even require it from the people who have incomes way over the poverty guidelines."
That one makes me little nervous. I work as a Software Eng. making close to 90k annually and that should free us from having to look for a sponsor, I think.

Hi Summet,

For cancellation you need the confirmation number.
Try to make another one if you can. I am not positive if
you can make a new one without canceling the one you
have already made. But try to do it...

HEY GUYS,
NEED A LITTLE HELP,
I made an infopass appointment for this 5th of august coz everything before that was full. it was for 11am in the morning, but when i made this appointment i couldnt print it because i didnt had printer at that time and now i closed the browser my mistake. when i went back to see if that time is still open its all full till monday, do any of you guys know if there is anyway I can get it. i dont have no conformation number or anything. or you think i should just go ahead and make an appointment for 9th?

Hi LuciDreamer,

I am in the same position as you are, I am on H4 and was selected for DV2011. My spouse in on H1B for the past 5 years and has had good income. We have been in the US for quite some time and have been pretty stable financially. Personally, I am going to include all our financial/employment documents (current) and tax returns along with our AOS package and refrain from sending in the Affidavit of Support with it but have it at the time of interview if asked for. As with any case, I think they are looking to see if you have a stable income to support yourself and your family while in the US and will not become a financial burden on the US government. But, as capeolive mentioned, it may vary from FO to FO and IO to IO so we cannot say anything for sure.

Hi,
Many thanks.

hi capeolive,
I didnt want to cancel that appointment but the thing was i dont have the copy of the appointment letter to take it to the FO. since i have already closed the browser i cannot get back to the same page. however luckly, i just found one appointment for the same date on thursday but at 6:30 in the morning, i just gave it a shot to see if it will let me make the appointment and it really did, i hope that wont mess up anything. i havent heard about my case yet now and now my heart is really pounding. I have nothing new to update you guys till then, i will get back to you all after i hear something good after that appointment..
Hi Summet,

For cancellation you need the confirmation number.
Try to make another one if you can. I am not positive if
you can make a new one without canceling the one you
have already made. But try to do it...

Who I am!

Hi Friends,

I was not planning to introduce myself at all
but due to some circumstances I have decided
to do it at this point.

First of all, I should mention that nobody can choose
his/her parents or where he/she is from. So, nobody
is better than the others based on these factors.

I am son of a Turkish woman and an American (WASP) man.
My father was a US soldier at a US base in Germany, my mother
was a young girl working in Germany. They met, fell in love wanted
to get married but my father's officers did not approve it. So he
became an AWOL they went to Turkey. I was born in Turkey. Later
they decided that my father should go back and do his time and be
free again. First my father left, then my mother. My father was placed
in a military prison, beaten etc. To make long story short in time
my parents were separated and went their separate ways but I was
left behind. I was adopted and raised by my grandparents in Istanbul.
I met my father for the first time when I was 25. My mother has been
living in US for years, my father has been living here since he was born.

I have rights to US Citizenship from birth. The past cannot be changed though.
I still had rights but it would take around 8 years at the time so I have
decided not to go through my parents and do FB application.

Before doing DV AOS application I had an EB based application pending
for 6 years. Before that I had had another one. My immediate family
has been separated for years due to the things we had little control
over. That would be a shame if they don't give my family's visas.

I have been still pushing gently but this is a time sensitive application.
I hope I am not mistaken but if there has been any discrimination towards
me or my family, please correct it. Apparently a mistake has been made
at least by sending my file to the wrong place by mistake.

I believe there is a good woman working on my case.
I will be satisfied only when my family get their visas though.

The mistake that was done years ago to my parents cannot be
corrected anymore. Please, correct the mistake that was done
to me and my family! Kindly, give their visas in time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I really don't have the words to express my thoughts. The only thing I could say is that someone once said, "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it" and I strongly believe your patience and hard work will be well paid.

Who I am!

Hi Friends,

I was not planning to introduce myself at all
but due to some circumstances I have decided
to do it at this point...

Last edited by a moderator:
We look forward to hearing update from you. Goodluck Summet!

hi capeolive,
I didnt want to cancel that appointment but the thing was i dont have the copy of the appointment letter to take it to the FO. since i have already closed the browser i cannot get back to the same page. however luckly, i just found one appointment for the same date on thursday but at 6:30 in the morning, i just gave it a shot to see if it will let me make the appointment and it really did, i hope that wont mess up anything. i havent heard about my case yet now and now my heart is really pounding. I have nothing new to update you guys till then, i will get back to you all after i hear something good after that appointment..

Hi again, thanks for helping along the way. (Sorry, I keep forgetting to update my signature). I am winner of DV-2010, number EU25xxx
Thank God I am doing biometrics tomorrow and interview invitation came as well. Hopefully everything will be done soon. That means I have a chance to beat Sept 30 deadline.
Two questions I have for our forum experts:
1. Does the card have o be issued/received by the deadline or is it for interview?
2. Invitation mentions originals of birth certificate and high school/college diploma. Is it an absolute requirement to bring originals? Or can I get away with notarized and translated copies?

Thanks!!

Hey guys, I got A# for post-completion OPT and right now I am a student again. Should I mention this A# in I-485 forms. It says A#(if any). Thanks for any input.

Who I am!
I never posted in this thread before, but I've been following it since I joined this forum.
I know how much you've helped other members. I learned a lot about the process from reading your posts.
Actually I was wondering where you were from. Now I see that your story is quite unique. You went through a lot and I hope you can get some closure by being reunited with your family.
I wish you all the best.