• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi suu5,

Form I-485
Form G-325A
Form I-693 (Medical Form in sealed envelope)

and rest of supporting documents...

All the forms are only 1 original if you are alone.

Also Form G-1145 would be a piece of mind...

Guys,

I think I only need to send 2 forms to Chicago Lockbox.
I-485 and G-325A. Is it ok?
And also how many copies of G-325A I suppose to submit?

That is what I did, coz applying for work permit and travel doc. doesnt make no sense this late..you did it right..
Guys,

I think I only need to send 2 forms to Chicago Lockbox.
I-485 and G-325A. Is it ok?
And also how many copies of G-325A I suppose to submit?

Thank you so much, guys

I have another question about photos?

How many photos total I need to submit AOS file?
2 or 6 or how many?

Tnx

hey capeolive,
is there any suggestion for me on my case rather than just stop thinking about it till august 1. I don't know why I cannot stop thinking about it and feeling like going to the FO with the infopass. do you think they will tell me if my file is there, is it a good idea, I am not been able to hold my curiosity till August 1.

Hi Summet,

If you don't get any news by then you should go there on August 2nd.
Your number will be current in August so you can tell them your number
is current and there is less then 2 months left for the FY2010 etc. etc.

If you go there in August you will have a better case to present.
If you go there in July you will have a hard time to convince them.
Who knows you might get some news by then.

I'll throw a joke for your book...

-------------------------------------------------------

A man phones a lawyer and asks,
"How much would you charge for just answering three simple questions?"

The lawyer replies, "A thousand dollars."

"A thousand dollars!" exclaims the man. "That's very expensive isn't it?"

"It certainly is," says the lawyer. "Now, what's your third question?"

------------------------------------------------------------

hey capeolive,
is there any suggestion for me on my case rather than just stop thinking about it till august 1. I don't know why I cannot stop thinking about it and feeling like going to the FO with the infopass. do you think they will tell me if my file is there, is it a good idea, I am not been able to hold my curiosity till August 1.

Yea you are right. But again what I know about them is no one over have no idea about the DV lottery thing ( from my last experience). all they told me last time was they have my file at the FO and they dont know nothing more about it and just showed me my folder. So, I am just gonna go with the hope I will at least know my file is there, (even i know its just my waste of time) coz i cannot stop thinking about it . also, I have to go there anyways for my friend's infopass, so i will get mine at the same time, saves me time and effort.
P.S.- When I was reading your joke, for instance, i thought the guy asking that question was me...:):):)
Hi Summet,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Summet,

lol...........

For the Applicants who got their green cards and who are about to get them!

For the people who want to become citizens in the future
there are some facts you have to consider. The permanent
resident cards that we got are NOT visas. This card means that
we live in the US Permanently. Do not forget this fact.
There are especially some restrictions about traveling out
of US.

If you leave US for more than 1 year you lose your card.

If you leave US for more than 6 months you may have hard time at the border or when you want to become citizens.

There are more restrictions. It will be wise
to read "A Guide to Naturalization" in advance.
Congratulations to the ones who got their
green cards and good luck to the ones who
are about to get them...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

thanks for that piece of information....I will follow them guidliness.. for now waiting on my interview letter and the approval procedure after that..:):):):)

For the Applicants who got their green cards and who are about to get them!

For the people who want to become citizens in the future
there are some facts you have to consider. The permanent
resident cards that we got are NOT visas. This card means that
we live in the US Permanently. Do not forget this fact.
There are especially some restrictions about traveling out
of US.

If you leave US for more than 1 year you lose your card.

If you leave US for more than 6 months you may have hard time at the border or when you want to become citizens.

There are more restrictions. It will be wise
to read "A Guide to Naturalization" in advance.
Congratulations to the ones who got their
green cards and good luck to the ones who
are about to get them...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

thanks for that piece of information....I will follow them guidliness.. for now waiting on my interview letter and the approval procedure after that..:):):):)

Thanks capeolive!!!
I am going to read right now.
My slavery will be over in two weeks.
I am going to make myself ready for the new beginning:D

Summet,

I think you should read it in advance.
So you can be ready when you get your card:D.
And that is going to happen soon!!!!!

My slavery will be over in two weeks...........

@new one

What was so bad about the past? (btw, were you the one who said the employer and lawyer file EB3 instead EB2 so they can lock you out for long?)

Anyways, whatever your past misgivings about the employer...my best advise to you is...do what is best for you now...BUT JUST FORGIVE THEM !!

It will be to you own good my friend, life is very 'short', enjoy it !

Good Luck and May God Bless You !!

@new one

What was so bad about the past? (btw, were you the one who said the employer and lawyer file EB3 instead EB2 so they can lock you out for long?)

Anyways, whatever your past misgivings about the employer...my best advise to you is...do what is best for you now...BUT JUST FORGIVE THEM !!

It will be to you own good my friend, life is very 'short', enjoy it !

Good Luck and May God Bless You !!

Hi NuvF,

Thank you!
my slavery didn't last too long.
Only 15 months. I was on J1 student exchange program.
But at the end I experienced to hear
"but you cannot leave, I paid for you".
Wooow hard words :D
But everybody makes mistakes.

Hi new one,

There is only one thing that should be said:

"Long Live Freedom!"

Thanks capeolive!!!
I am going to read right now.
My slavery will be over in two weeks.
I am going to make myself ready for the new beginning:D

Summet,

I think you should read it in advance.
So you can be ready when you get your card:D.
And that is going to happen soon!!!!!

yes guys ..."long live freedom"
@new one, Just because you told me to read it in advance, i just recalled the very funny, strange and mis-fortunate event. When i hired my lawyer I happen to have a room mate who had his green card for about 5 yrs and was on his way to apply for citizenship, so I was reading all these requirement and the page that capeolive just mentioned (coz he was dumb and I had to educate myself to educate him) but then I had to move because of my college. And didn't knew what happened to his case, just this feb, I knew that he got his citizenship but then I also came to know that he hired a lawyer and he went through her guidance, at the end I came to know that it was the same lawyer whom I hired and the day I knew about it was just a day before I got my declination letter for AOS. So I was wondering, how come this lawyer did his case with no trouble and good knowledge. With further information, I came to know that she let my fren do all the stuff including filling the application and all she did was mailing the document. On top of that, during his interview, he had to wait for her even after he was called upfront in the interview coz she wasnt there on time. and wait here is one interesting part, he was charged the lawyer fee that was charged via his check and on top of that he was charged half of the fee again on his credit card that he left there as a guarantee to pay when he agreed to hire that lawyer. And so far that amount hasnt been refunded, as per the inquiry, she wants to count it towards the lawyer fee next time when he goes back there for some more legal help.

AS per my recent progess, i havent done nothing yet, but I am having my friend's infopass on tuesday and am planning to have one for me at the same time so that I can do two things at the same time.

hello every one.
i would like to return the favor by filling you in on the interview i had on july 13. by favor i mean the immeasurable amount of help i got reading this forum where your posts had smth valuable for me and when they didn't i asked and you guys replied. although i never helped any of you in anything i thought it would be very irresponsible from my side not to update you on my interview.
long story short i waited too long for my interview. during this period i complained to uscis ombudsman twice as some of you suggested. it actually worked i guess, because two weeks after i complained for the second time i received a call from local office that told me that my interview was scheduled. and also i received my interview letter.
for the interview i equipped myself with the following: expired passport, i94, all i20s, work permit from my opt and green card application, birth certificate and high school diploma with translations, status letter from school,first and second letters from kcc and also an employment offer letter from a local pizza shop. dressed casually.
interview took about 10 minutes or more. i swore, i answered the questions from the application i submitted. io took her time to make sure that i was legal for each day of my presence in the us. that's were my six i20s and the opt card came in. no financials questions were raised and i did not have a reason to show the employment offer letter.
i was a bit worried but not too much. io was helpful and made me feel at home. i spoke when she wanted me to, did not say anything more that she asked for and did not gave her anything that she did not mention about.
in the end she said my case is "approvable". to approve she said they would need my case from kcc which they had not received. she told me that i will hear from them by mail. i hope this will not be a problem. i hope in two weeks i will no longer be an f1 (i will continue the school though).
p.s. and using this forum i would like to apologize uscis infopass officers and uscis 1800 number guys for calling the idiots and morons and ......... and ....... and etc

and i just ran through previous pages. i am deeply grateful for those who extended their best for my interview. and for those felt the same but thought there was no need to write about it