• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

You'll end up paying the difference.
But most likely you might be able to pay
the difference after you send in your application.

On second thought just send it now and make sure
not to lose time, you can use a money order or
cashier's check...

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html?css=print

Hi Izzy,

Thank you for your reply.
But i paid Jun 10th and received receipt on jun 17th. For example you paid already and this change activated since July 13th. That means we don't need to pay difference right?

And also I still didn't receive my 2nd letter. I'm just curious can you please tell me what is in the second letter that you receive? What does it tell?
You received it by mail or email?

Thank you

Make sure you pay it now. Do not expect any letter from anybody. You cannot afford to lose anytime at this point...

hi..Capeolive , summet, chooti,..
what do you think. if I had my difference ready and waiting for their letter to tell me to pay. if not, then I'll bring the money order to interview, see if they'll take.

It is totally an individual preference. I just like to be meticulous as I have had enough sour experience not to be so. ASSUMING that they will know/figure it out is the worst thing you could do to yourself as not everyone will have the "common sense" to figure it out (they need proof), and in the end, YOU end up suffering, losing time, patience and money...I have had it happen to me more than enough which doesn't necessarily mean it WILL happen to you too.

Sorry for rambling on, but that is what I would do...just in case it gets misplaced, or some pages slip off to the floor from the stack, or the person looking at it doesn't get it...who knows? But thats just me.

You mean it is better to write case number in each pages of each forms of PA and Spouse?

Yes you are right. Thanks.

It is totally an individual preference. I just like to be meticulous as I have had enough sour experience not to be so. ASSUMING that they will know/figure it out is the worst thing you could do to yourself as not everyone will have the "common sense" to figure it out (they need proof), and in the end, YOU end up suffering, losing time, patience and money...I have had it happen to me more than enough which doesn't necessarily mean it WILL happen to you too.

Sorry for rambling on, but that is what I would do...just in case it gets misplaced, or some pages slip off to the floor from the stack, or the person looking at it doesn't get it...who knows? But thats just me.

Greetings!
Does anyone has experiience with USCIS-San Antonio, TX Field office? I was wondering if it is among the best in terms of processing DV cases. Thanks for any help.

Hi suu5,

Some of them also can be done differently
but you can do it the way NuvF says:

Part 1
-I don't have middle name Is it N/A? Yes
-C/O (in care of) -can I leave it open or blank?N/A
-I don't have SSN and A#, so it is None or N/A?None
-Date of last arrival -is it one on the I-94 stamp?Yes it is on your i-94
-F-1 status expires on when? (Cuz F-1 won't expire during study)write D/S

Part 2
-Application Type for DV lottery Winner is ....A or H. I think. h, and write DV 2010 Winner; case # xxxxxxx

Part3
-A. Non immigrant Visa Number: is the red number in the corner of Visa?Yes I think, can someone else pitch in pl?
-C. Can I leave this open, blank or none about membership list?Say None

Part5
-Interpreter's section: can I leave it blank or none? N/A

Thank you All,

And I also need some help on filling up I-485 form.

Part 1
-I don't have middle name Is it N/A?
-C/O (in care of) -can I leave it open or blank?
-I don't have SSN and A#, so it is None or N/A?
-Date of last arrival -is it one on the I-94 stamp?
-F-1 status expires on when? (Cuz F-1 won't expire during study)

Part 2
-Application Type for DV lottery Winner is ....A or H. I think.

Part3
-A. Non immigrant Visa Number: is the red number in the corner of Visa?
-C. Can I leave this open, blank or none about membership list?

Part5
-Interpreter's section: can I leave it blank or none?

Hi Izzy120,

Mine was not an answer, it was a joke! I hope we can still take a joke!

So, NuvF, that makes the two of us wasting time and space...

Quote Originally Posted by capeolive View Post

The rubber band should be used in a way that it should be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course we can, that's what keeps the balance...Did you guys really think I was seriously trying to show how to use a rubber band?

Originally Posted by Izzy120
I really don't know how to show you how to use rubber band to separate each AOS package..

Hi Izzy120,

Mine was not an answer, it was a joke! I hope we can still take a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by capeolive View Post

The rubber band should be used in a way that it should be used.

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your help.
Another question please.

About police clearance. Do I need this?
Also do i need to fill up I-485 supplement?

For AOS, police clearance not required. I am not sure about supplement form though.

Another question please.

Hi suu5,

You do not need a police report if you are
doing AOS in US unless you have been arrested
before...

If you have been here with an F1 visa and
was never out of status you shouldn't file
a supplemental form to I-485...

Another question please.

HI feel,
let me answer your question that you asked me....In the letter it mentioned that we can send the file up to 90 days prior to the number becomes current but the thing is no one knows that your number is going to be current in 90 days unless you make a wild guess.so being in the safe side, its always better to apply once you see your number in the advance notification thats gonna be 50 days prior.
@ member having confusion with using the rubber band...
you look very confused about the filing deal. if you are confused about the rubber band. just do one thing. first make separate files for both of you. with separate cover letter and required document. punch two holes in the top and bind them with a binder after you do that put it in the fedex or regular mailing envelope and send it. I guess it shouldn't be hard. and u dont have to mess with the rubber band and also thats the way they file it over at Chicago, so basically u are saving them some time. and about writing the case number, I wrote it on all the documents with pencil, just to be in the same side. Its not gonna take a long time anyways.
y
You mean it is better to write case number in each pages of each forms of PA and Spouse?

I think you are confused as to who is confused here...no worries buddy...thanks for the detailed explanation though.

@Izzy120u you look very confused about the filing deal. if you are confused about the rubber band. just do one thing. first make separate files for both of you. with separate cover letter and required document. punch two holes in the top and bind them with a binder after you do that put it in the fedex or regular mailing envelope and send it. I guess it shouldn't be hard. and u dont have to mess with the rubber band and also thats the way they file it over at Chicago, so basically u are saving them some time. and about writing the case number, I wrote it on all the documents with pencil, just to be in the same side. Its not gonna take a long time anyways.
y

Yeah Izzy120,
I am sorry, I was just randomly answering the thread. Just now I read the whole post and Now I know its not you. I am going to edit that post. that was funny though when you try to keep up and mess up the names..
I think you are confused as to who is confused here...no worries buddy...thanks for the detailed explanation though.

LOL, you crack me up :D :D that "@ member having confusion with using the rubber band..." stuff...something more to add to your book of immigration chaos...and it couldn't get any more hilarious than this...:D :D :D

Yeah Izzy120,
I am sorry, I was just randomly answering the thread. Just now I read the whole post and Now I know its not you. I am going to edit that post. that was funny though when you try to keep up and mess up the names..

Hey guys,
I just called KCC today, after a long waiting time (nothing new), I got to talk to the officer. He was nice over the phone, asked me my case number , full name ,DOB. After all this I forwarded my question "Sir, I was wondering about the new DV fee that went up by $65, However, I have already paid the fee of $375 and already got the receipt for that. At the same time I have also applied for my AOS and got NOA about a week ago so do I still need to pay the difference, if I have to whom should I pay it".
"@officer( put me in brief hold, i guess he was checking my case, then answered) Sir, I dont think you have to pay that difference, whatever you have paid is enough. Your are good to go"
To my other question:" Sir, can you tell me if you have already transferred my file to My local office "Irving"
@ officer:- Yes, sir we have already send your file to Irving office.

so guys this was my converstion with the officer at KCC, To make sure and to get some thing in written, I just emailed them. I want to be in the safer side. Do any of you have any comments if i should still be sending the fees or not.

Yaay, that's good news, well, you already did your part by paying USCIS twice...just hope that we hear about your interview date soon.

Hey guys,
I just called KCC today, after a long waiting time (nothing new), I got to talk to the officer. He was nice over the phone, asked me my case number , full name ,DOB. After all this I forwarded my question "Sir, I was wondering about the new DV fee that went up by $65, However, I have already paid the fee of $375 and already got the receipt for that. At the same time I have also applied for my AOS and got NOA about a week ago so do I still need to pay the difference, if I have to whom should I pay it".
"@officer( put me in brief hold, i guess he was checking my case, then answered) Sir, I dont think you have to pay that difference, whatever you have paid is enough. Your are good to go"
To my other question:" Sir, can you tell me if you have already transferred my file to My local office "Irving"
@ officer:- Yes, sir we have already send your file to Irving office.

so guys this was my converstion with the officer at KCC, To make sure and to get some thing in written, I just emailed them. I want to be in the safer side. Do any of you have any comments if i should still be sending the fees or not.

Hi Izzy120,

Are there any guidelines about "the color" of the rubber band?

Can the choice of color speed up or slow down the process?

What about the source of the rubber band, should we go with an imported or domestic one?

LOL, you crack me up :D :D that "@ member having confusion with using the rubber band..." stuff...something more to add to your book of immigration chaos...and it couldn't get any more hilarious than this...:D :D :D

OK stop it, I am about to die over here...from laughing...

Hi Izzy120,

Are there any guidelines about "the color" of the rubber band?

Can the choice of color speed up or slow down the process?

What about the source of the rubber band, should we go with an imported or domestic one?