• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Summet,

Finally, the good news. Now, the DV wheels started to roll.
I hope to see your check is cashed soon. Then everything
is going to come one after another. Good luck...

I am hoping on that as well I send my complete document today. In the express delivery. It's gonna be there 10 am tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes capeolive I am hoping on thy as well. I triple checked the documents so I doubt there will b any mistake but until they send me the NOA and cash my check. I am still bring a little afraid. Which i think is normal for the things I have gone through. And hope that everything will go fine after that
I thought about sendin the biometric letter that I did but at the same time I didn't wanted to overwhelm it with just documents so I just have the documents that I posted in the cover last time
Hi Summet,

Finally, the good news. Now, the DV wheels started to roll.
I hope to see your check is cashed soon. Then everything
is come one after another. Good luck...

Hello Seniors,

The question I am going to ask may totally be off-topic but I had to ask. I recently got PR for Canada and I have a Canadian PR visa on my passport and on my hubby's as well. We have until March of 2011 to land as PRs in Canada, however, since I recently got selected for DV, we may end up staying here in the US (provided that everything goes well with US immigration based on DV) and not move to Canada. However, I was concerned if this would create any problems, meaning, once the USCIS/IO sees that we have Canadian PR visas on our passports (i.e., during interview), is there a possibility that the IO may deny us US PR? Of course, we will explain that once we get US PR we will not be moving to Canada, and that it came way before I got selected for DV. How does this work?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Thnx new one..I am trying to get it done. Got everything files up waiting on tomorrow to send it to uscis. I hope things will go fine after that....need all your best wishes...

Hi Summet,

I cross fingers for you.
I am glad to see you did it.
I am sure that this time everything will go smooth.
After storm usually comes the sun:D

Hello, guys!!!!!Can somebody, who had an interview in NY tell me please where were your interviews scheduled: at Garden City Field office or NY field office?
Thanks!!!!!!!

Hi friends,

I will provide some information on green cards for
the folks who have not received theirs yet.

The envelope my green card came in was a
9" X 6" window envelope with two windows,
one is a big one on right hand side, the other
one is a small one on left top, on top of the
envelope it reads FIRST CLASS MAIL. The green
card was sent from Lee's Summit, MO 64002.
The redesigned card that comes in has a lot of
security features inside and out. The color is
greenish, somehow it looks faded. I was told by
an IT friend that the color is that way in order
to make the data access flawless. It comes
with a protective card size envelope.

This might be an unnecessary information for
some of you, but I hope the information I provided
will be helpful for some people in the future...

Hi Summet,

I am not sure what they are going to do
about your biometrics. They may or may not
require you to do biometrics again. They have
your information in the system. Biometrics data
expires after 15 months under normal conditions.
Let's see what they will do about yours. But first
the check needs to be cashed and then NOA.
I hope you get a smooth process after such a
unique experience you had. Who knows may be
one day you can crack a joke about it...

Yes capeolive I am hoping on thy as well. I triple checked the documents so I doubt there will b any mistake but until they send me the NOA and cash my check. I am still bring a little afraid. Which i think is normal for the things I have gone through. And hope that everything will go fine after that
I thought about sendin the biometric letter that I did but at the same time I didn't wanted to overwhelm it with just documents so I just have the documents that I posted in the cover last time

Thanks for your kind words new one, I was glad to have all them documents. I was expecting that document to be send on 22nd such that its gonna be there by 24th however, i didnt get the documents till the later afternoon on 22nd so had to do it today, but still I had to keep my routine so I send it in the way It will be in the office by 10 am tomorrow. I just don't want to be consuming any more time. I am just waiting to get my NOA and the checks been cashed so that I will know that the case is going smoothly and Can get my biometrics and interview done within this fiscal year.
Hi Summet,

I cross fingers for you.
I am glad to see you did it.
I am sure that this time everything will go smooth.
After storm usually comes the sun:D

INTERVIEW

Dear all,
First of all, thank you very much for everybody in this Forum for sharing their ideas and experience. I have learned a lot through this forum and that is why my interview went very smooth today. But have to wait for the Green Card as the USCIS office is in the process to request my DV document from the Department of State (DOS). Believe it or not I was looking more confident than the Interview officer, as I went through around 10 interview experience in the forum. I knew before hand that what are the docs and question they are willing to see and ask during interview. Anyway below is the summary of my experience.

I got to the USCIS office at 10:05, an hour early, so that I will have plenty of time to locate the building and parking lot as the USCIS office is near downtown. Around 10:15 I got inside the building and went through security scanning process and asked to be seated until interview officer (IO) calls my name. Around 11:50 a muscular man with tight polo t-shirt called my name and I stood up and followed him to his office. He asked me to be seated and explained me that before we start I have to take an oath. I nodded and stood up as he did and raised my right hand and listened to him saying the standard oath" I will say the truth and ........" and I said Yes sir.

He started with my ID, Passport and asked me when & where I last entered the US. I told him the date and location and he further inquired whether I have been to the US before that date. I said yes in 2003 in student visa to join such and such university. Then he went through my passport to locate the student visa that was granted to me. I told him that the passport that has my student visa is expired and the one which he has is a new passport. Then in asked me if I have brought my old passport........Luckily I did and handed him over....Then he asked me again if I have been denied a US Visa I said No. If I have applied for US Green card or citizenship I said No.....By this time I could notice that the interview officer was going through the list that he has on his table and also noticed sweat on his forehead. Believe it or not he looked more nervous than me later knew the reason when he admitted that it was his first DV application. He was very serious as if he does not want to make any mistakes. Then he verified my name, address, phone number, spouse, parents name and place of birth. And finally have you ever questions in page 3 of I-485. Mean while as I was answering him, he just circled the info in I-485 form with red pen. Finally, he said my document looks perfect and has all the information and he asked me if I have any question. This was the moment I was waiting for to burst myself...... I told him that during filling DV application form I gave my and my wife’s information and now I am adjusting status only for me because my wife already has a green card. The reason I am bringing this matter up because, the DOS is confused with my DV application as I have name of two persons in the DV application form but filed AOS for only one person and DOS has emailed me twice asking for my spouse AOS. I have emailed and called them back thrice that my wife does not need to adjust the status as she already has a green card so it is only me. I told him the reason I am mentioning all this because I do not want them to get in same confusion like DOS. He chuckled and told me that he will give me the visa number if available and started printing something from computer…..Again I told him that I have another question to verify; I told him that I called KCC this morning and verified with them that USCIS has not request my document from DOS and they do not prove document to USCIS until USCIS requests. Then he paused turned around from the computer screen and start flipping some document in his manila folder and told that he has all the documents he needed from DOS, laughed on DOS people. Then I was happy to hear that he has everything and thought probably DOS might have sent my document to USCIS and could have forgotten… Then he repeated again that he will look for my visa number if available….he spent 1 min in his computer and walked out of the room and came back after couple of minutes and then he admitted that he hasn’t processed the DV application before and said yes we have to request the document from DOS. Then he printed something from computer again and told me that my document looks okay unless there is something in the document coming from DOS otherwise once USCIS get my documents from DOS I will get all the information and a GC within 3 to 4 weeks in mail. Then he handed me a piece of paper and explained that your status will be undecided and will let you know though email once we get required doc from DOS. Then, I wished him a thank you and left form the USCIS office. The whole inter lasted for 20-25 minutes. It was 12:15 when I was out of the building.

Thanks capeolive ,
for that wonderful description. At least now I know why I am working so hard for.. There is no debate that every one in this form are here to get that card , so discussion about that card cannot be unnecessary.
Hi friends,

Olsson, that sounded awesome. I am glad that u had such a fantastic interview. And wish you best of luck for ur GC thats on ur way soon. It feels so good to be hearing such a positive experience with the members in this forum. I cannot wait till I will have the same experience. ANd congratulation again for your successful interview.
INTERVIEW

Dear all,
First of all, thank you very much for everybody in this Forum for sharing their ideas and experience. I have learned a lot through this forum and that is why my interview went very smooth today. But have to wait for the Green Card as the USCIS office is in the process to request my DV document from the Department of State (DOS). Believe it or not I was looking more confident than the Interview officer, as I went through around 10 interview experience in the forum. I knew before hand that what are the docs and question they are willing to see and ask during interview. Anyway below is the summary of my experience.

I got to the USCIS office at 10:05, an hour early, so that I will have plenty of time to locate the building and parking lot as the USCIS office is near downtown. Around 10:15 I got inside the building and went through security scanning process and asked to be seated until interview officer (IO) calls my name. Around 11:50 a muscular man with tight polo t-shirt called my name and I stood up and followed him to his office. He asked me to be seated and explained me that before we start I have to take an oath. I nodded and stood up as he did and raised my right hand and listened to him saying the standard oath" I will say the truth and ........" and I said Yes sir.

He started with my ID, Passport and asked me when & where I last entered the US. I told him the date and location and he further inquired whether I have been to the US before that date. I said yes in 2003 in student visa to join such and such university. Then he went through my passport to locate the student visa that was granted to me. I told him that the passport that has my student visa is expired and the one which he has is a new passport. Then in asked me if I have brought my old passport........Luckily I did and handed him over....Then he asked me again if I have been denied a US Visa I said No. If I have applied for US Green card or citizenship I said No.....By this time I could notice that the interview officer was going through the list that he has on his table and also noticed sweat on his forehead. Believe it or not he looked more nervous than me later knew the reason when he admitted that it was his first DV application. He was very serious as if he does not want to make any mistakes. Then he verified my name, address, phone number, spouse, parents name and place of birth. And finally have you ever questions in page 3 of I-485. Mean while as I was answering him, he just circled the info in I-485 form with red pen. Finally, he said my document looks perfect and has all the information and he asked me if I have any question. This was the moment I was waiting for to burst myself...... I told him that during filling DV application form I gave my and my wife’s information and now I am adjusting status only for me because my wife already has a green card. The reason I am bringing this matter up because, the DOS is confused with my DV application as I have name of two persons in the DV application form but filed AOS for only one person and DOS has emailed me twice asking for my spouse AOS. I have emailed and called them back thrice that my wife does not need to adjust the status as she already has a green card so it is only me. I told him the reason I am mentioning all this because I do not want them to get in same confusion like DOS. He chuckled and told me that he will give me the visa number if available and started printing something from computer…..Again I told him that I have another question to verify; I told him that I called KCC this morning and verified with them that USCIS has not request my document from DOS and they do not prove document to USCIS until USCIS requests. Then he paused turned around from the computer screen and start flipping some document in his manila folder and told that he has all the documents he needed from DOS, laughed on DOS people. Then I was happy to hear that he has everything and thought probably DOS might have sent my document to USCIS and could have forgotten… Then he repeated again that he will look for my visa number if available….he spent 1 min in his computer and walked out of the room and came back after couple of minutes and then he admitted that he hasn’t processed the DV application before and said yes we have to request the document from DOS. Then he printed something from computer again and told me that my document looks okay unless there is something in the document coming from DOS otherwise once USCIS get my documents from DOS I will get all the information and a GC within 3 to 4 weeks in mail. Then he handed me a piece of paper and explained that your status will be undecided and will let you know though email once we get required doc from DOS. Then, I wished him a thank you and left form the USCIS office. The whole inter lasted for 20-25 minutes. It was 12:15 when I was out of the building.

That is what I am waiting on capeolive, I wish all the process goes smoothly and like you said, its never a bad idea later to crack a joke out of my bad experience . still have my fingers crossed.
Hi Summet,

I am not sure what they are going to do
about your biometrics. They may or may not
require you to do biometrics again. They have
your information in the system. Biometrics data
expires after 15 months under normal conditions.
Let's see what they will do about yours. But first
the check needs to be cashed and then NOA.
I hope you get a smooth process after such a
unique experience you had. Who knows may be
one day you can crack a joke about it...

Olsson, that sounded awesome. I am glad that u had such a fantastic interview. And wish you best of luck for ur GC thats on ur way soon. It feels so good to be hearing such a positive experience with the members in this forum. I cannot wait till I will have the same experience. ANd congratulation again for your successful interview.

Thank you and do not worry as they say "every dog has its day" so sit tight.

Hello Nepal2010

hello Nepal2010
It seems like you are from Nepal. Glad to know that you got greencard...congrats...I am also from Nepal, currently in Lubbock, TX and got DV for 2011...I am thinking for AOS...I need help from you coz you are more experience in DV processess. If you dont mind will you help in answering some questions?.....my email add is kaushalmaskey@gmail.com..Hope to hear you...Thanks

Ya I know, This one is also waiting for its day.....want to go green as soon as possible. And coz my case is unique to this forum, I thinks things might not go as the usual way like to those who applied the first time...Thnx for ya all warm wishes
Thank you and do not worry as they say "every dog has its day" so sit tight.

Hey maskey2010,
First of all its not a real good idea to float your email here in public, the next day ur email might be overwhelmed with lots of junks. Anyways since you already stated your condition, first will you let us know your case number such that we all that discuss how the things gonna go for you.
hello Nepal2010
It seems like you are from Nepal. Glad to know that you got greencard...congrats...I am also from Nepal, currently in Lubbock, TX and got DV for 2011...I am thinking for AOS...I need help from you coz you are more experience in DV processess. If you dont mind will you help in answering some questions?.....my email add is kaushalmaskey@gmail.com..Hope to hear you...Thanks

Hey maskey2010,
First of all its not a real good idea to float your email here in public, the next day ur email might be overwhelmed with lots of junks. Anyways since you already stated your condition, first will you let us know your case number such that we all that discuss how the things gonna go for you.

I completely agree with Summet and Maskey take this as my word "you will rather be more benefited by sharing your idea here in this forum than personally". My suggestion is go through this Forum page by page and I bet you wil not compalin.

Congrats oisson dat was smooth. Now u r almost done, always keep ur cellphone wid u coz u might get text from USCIS prity soon!!!

My status changed today from CPO to PDA. Hope to get da cards by da end of this week. Can't wait.
And thanx capeolive for the info, now i already have the image of my card on my mind. I will post my view on da new card once i get it!!!

Hi friends,

Hi capeolive,

thaaaaanks!!!
I have a vision now what I will find in my mailbox.
I hope I'll find it soon :D