• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Few questions,

When should one send his I-485? For example, the visa bulletin of July would already have the cut off for August. Does that mean one should send it in August or could send in July???

Next, Usually how long does it take to be called for interview once you send your I-485??

Congrats congrats congrats :)

hi everybody,

today is our lucky day!!!

Wow we got our 3 new green cards !!!!!

The feeling is fantastic. I got a call while at work from my husband and just could not continue working was sooooo soooooo excited had to leave early and come home to see and feel the card.

Its sleek. With a wide barcode behind the card. It comes with an envelope to protect and prevent wireless communication with it.

The card has your full name, photo, your signature, uscis #, category, country of birth, date of birth, sex, card expiration date, resident since date and your finger print impression. The barcode behind the card shows your photo, full name, dob, card msc #, and a #.

The background colour of the card is white with a pastel green colour. The card also has a pastle blue and purple colour with a picture of the statue of liberty and a golden eagle.

Yes the card looks very sleek. Its worth the additional waiting days we had to undergo am sure each one of you waiting will agree with me once you get your card.

I wish everyone on this forum who are in the different stages of your dv process all the very best of luck !!!! Each one of us striving to make a better life out here deserves this.

God bless you all.

Answers in bold
Few questions,

When should one send his I-485? For example, the visa bulletin of July would already have the cut off for August. Does that mean one should send it in August or could send in July???

Next, Usually how long does it take to be called for interview once you send your I-485?? - Approx 1-2 months...depending on your local office, how busy they are and if there's visa availability.

hey capeolive,
ya i think i wil go ahead and do that..
my number looks like to be current on august..so i will be preparing all my document again..i guess everything is already there...just have to get some updated one and the hardest part is that 1010 which i am again trying to manage and after that i will have my fingers crossed hope this time i can come up with some good news...and one more thing..does doing biometrics gurantee you having an interview???

Hi dvcrazy,

Around June 10 July Visa Bulletin will be out.
If you see that your number is current in
Advanced Notification of August you can apply.
So it is around June 10 which is about 50 days
in advance...

It varies from office to office but ones you send in
your application in most cases you get interviewed
in about 2 to 3 months. But interview always does not
mean approval some times you have to wait extra for that...

Few questions,

Next, Usually how long does it take to be called for interview once you send your I-485??

Hi Summet,

May be your lawyer can chip in with the 1010...

hey capeolive,
ya i think i wil go ahead and do that..
my number looks like to be current on august..so i will be preparing all my document again..i guess everything is already there...just have to get some updated one and the hardest part is that 1010 which i am again trying to manage and after that i will have my fingers crossed hope this time i can come up with some good news...and one more thing..does doing biometrics gurantee you having an interview???

Hi umuteren,

You got a good number probably will be current in
January 2011 which means you can apply around
November 10. Good luck in the process...

Hi capeolive, thank you for your reply. I thought my signature could be seen when I posted. I am a 2011 winner.

Hi Everybody,

Today is our LUCKY DAY!!!

Wow we got our 3 NEW GREEN CARDS !!!!!

The feeling is fantastic. I got a call while at work from my husband and just could not continue working was sooooo soooooo excited had to leave early and come home to see and feel the card.

Its sleek. With a wide barcode behind the card. It comes with an envelope to protect and prevent wireless communication with it.

The card has your full name, photo, your signature, USCIS #, Category, Country of Birth, Date of Birth, Sex, Card Expiration date, Resident since date and your finger print impression. The barcode behind the card shows your photo, full name, DOB, Card MSC #, and A #.

The background colour of the card is white with a pastel green colour. The card also has a pastle blue and purple colour with a picture of the Statue of Liberty and a golden Eagle.

Yes the card looks very SLEEK. Its worth the additional waiting days we had to undergo am sure each one of you waiting will agree with me once you get your card.

I wish everyone on this forum who are in the different stages of your DV process all the VERY BEST OF LUCK !!!! Each one of us striving to make a better life out here deserves this.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Congrats, that's great news.

Hi Guys,
Do you think it should be fine to file AOS while in the States on B1/B2 tourist visa, is this a weak situation for USCIS interviewers or should it be fine??
and one more thing,
Capeolive answered this question before, i just need to get that clear, If iam in the states, I can translate my own documents or make a friend translate them for me as long as the translator signs the certificate ? no need to be an official translator, Right ?
Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i wished my lawyer would take care of them fees coz that was her fault but there is no way out for me if she says no. so far she hasnt given me the clear answer but I might have to get back to her this week after this long weekend will be over with.. what u guys think though if i have my number current on August and my number is high 25*** what might be the predicted interview date...if one.....according to the current trend...

Hi nagatybasha,

A1. Under the conditions it might be a better option
to do CP.

A2. Here for AOS anybody capable can do the translations.
As for CP overseas they have different regulations regarding
translations.

On USCIS site somewhere you can find the following
regarding translations for AOS:

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
Date Typed Name
Address

If I were you I would do CP and would not stay
here for too long with B1/B2 visa. At the time of
the interview they might ask "Where do you live?"
If you live here more than your own country with
a visitors visa sometimes this causes complications.

Hi Guys,
Do you think it should be fine to file AOS while in the States on B1/B2 tourist visa, is this a weak situation for USCIS interviewers or should it be fine??
and one more thing,
Capeolive answered this question before, i just need to get that clear, If iam in the states, I can translate my own documents or make a friend translate them for me as long as the translator signs the certificate ? no need to be an official translator, Right ?
Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you

It depends on where you live.
If you edit your signature and
add edit your profile add your
location I might make a guess...

Yeah i wished my lawyer would take care of them fees coz that was her fault but there is no way out for me if she says no. so far she hasnt given me the clear answer but I might have to get back to her this week after this long weekend will be over with.. what u guys think though if i have my number current on August and my number is high 25*** what might be the predicted interview date...if one.....according to the current trend...

Thank you

Dear guys,
I got my brand new green card. so fancy. hoping that everybody in this process gets that soon. I'm thankful to God. i also would like to send you a Texas size big THANK YOU. especially to capeolive, Norkira, middle.com, new one, cool dude, i2009, and everbody else for their support and information. May God be with you.

Hi jasmine182,

I am very happy to hear that you finally got
your brand new "green" card. I hope it brings
you happiness. Enjoy your freedom. But enjoy
it in a responsible way, don't make any sudden
changes in your life. Take your time...

Congratulations on the green one...

Dear guys,
I got my brand new green card. so fancy. hoping that everybody in this process gets that soon. I'm thankful to God. i also would like to send you a Texas size big THANK YOU. especially to capeolive, Norkira, middle.com, new one, cool dude, i2009, and everbody else for their support and information. May God be with you.

Hi nagatybasha,

A1. Under the conditions it might be a better option
to do CP.

If I were you I would do CP and would not stay
here for too long with B1/B2 visa. At the time of
the interview they might ask "Where do you live?"
If you live here more than your own country with
a visitors visa sometimes this causes complications.

Capeolive,
I appreciate your reply, I want you to get the full picture so you can help me with your experience:
Iam currently not in states, the plan is to travel to the states around December, which is the most suitable month to file AOS for me, I guess my number will be current in Feb, so I will be in the States just 2 months before the interview, do you think it is still a prroblem to file AOS while on a tourist Visa ?
thanks

Hi Guys,
Do you think it should be fine to file AOS while in the States on B1/B2 tourist visa, is this a weak situation for USCIS interviewers or should it be fine??......

As far as I know, this is tricky.....do you have the B visa already or you intend to apply to it?
If I recall correct, in the B to AoS for GC scenario, one requirement is that at the time of your B visa application you had no intention of GC.
I m not sure if one already had B visa, it may come down to 'at the time of last entry to US'
So, you may need to do some home work before deciding, write to some lawyers online and see whats their (free) advice.

Good Luck !

As far as I know, this is tricky.....do you have the B visa already or you intend to apply to it?
If I recall correct, in the B to AoS for GC scenario, one requirement is that at the time of your B visa application you had no intention of GC.
I m not sure if one already had B visa, it may come down to 'at the time of last entry to US'
So, you may need to do some home work before deciding, write to some lawyers online and see whats their (free) advice.

Good Luck !

I already have the B visa , it was issued 3 months before i even know that i was selected for DV, I know it is a tricky situation, that's why i need to get as much advice as i can get, please help me