• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi friends,

Update on my case!

I received the "Welcome Letter" today.

I have been here for such a long time.
So in a way this was a rather delayed welcome.
But I don't have any hard feelings for my host.
At the end she welcomed me. I am grateful to her...

I thank each and everyone of you who supported me in this process...

I thank God the Creator of Heavens and Earth who brought me so far...

Hi capeolive,
congratulations! That's wonderful!!!
You are so close to the end!
Just a little bit more, and your journey is over.

Guys I have couple questions.

If someone had same situation it's more than welcome to share with me.
I already submitted my I-134, with my AOS application.
But my sponsor doesn't have enough income.
So I found the other one.
Does anyone know is that gonna be a problem, because I already sent them I-134 that my first sponsor signed?
And also my new sponsor pays taxes for 2009 in installments. So is that a problem?
I was thinking also to call USCIS or make an infopass and ask them about that....or that's not good idea?

Thanks in advance, I will appreciate any suggestion.

Hi new one,

I think you can change your sponsor or have more than one sponsor.
Also it was not your fault what happened with your old sponsor, you
just did not know. As long as taxes are paid it is not important how
they are paid. You can call USCIS or make an InfoPass but in general
when you do these things you just get more confused. This is what I
think. Other posters please chip in.

By the way it is good to hear from you. Where have you been?

Guys I have couple questions.

If someone had same situation it's more than welcome to share with me.
I already submitted my I-134, with my AOS application.
But my sponsor doesn't have enough income.
So I found the other one.
Does anyone know is that gonna be a problem, because I already sent them I-134 that my first sponsor signed?
And also my new sponsor pays taxes for 2009 in installments. So is that a problem?
I was thinking also to call USCIS or make an infopass and ask them about that....or that's not good idea?

Thanks in advance, I will appreciate any suggestion.

I would say 3 weeks, not 30 days. The letter should say so. I just called USCIS yesterday, it has been more than 3 weeks since the date on my welcome letter and requested explanation from USCIS.

Hello jasmine182,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received your card yet. It seems that the new design is the culprit. I haven't heard of anyone receiving the Green Card after early May. You did receive your welcome letter right? If that's correct, and 30 days have passed since the welcome letter's date, then I would suggest that you call the Service Center and/or schedule an InfoPass and see if they can give you any clue of what to expect.

Best of luck to you

Hi capeolive,
Thank you! I hope they will not make a problem.
I was around, read posts.
But I was trying to find solution for my "sponsor" problem and was sooo nervous.
A lot of problems and a lot of advices.
So glad that we made almost 160 pages.
It's good to have each others, and share problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
There was nothing new or helpful in the Infopass appointment, all I was told was that, i have to reapply for everything like i did last time and eall the documents that I got as an application for AOS will be void and I have to startover with the 1010 fee, medical and biomatrics. He just told me that he wont be looking at my file back. And all i have to do is wait till my number is current and apply with the same procedure I did earlier and about the question for the financial. he told me that what ever is asked in the USCIS website is needed and he added that the website doesnt ask for the financial document so I dont need any and even if he ask for I can get it later and that wont be the reason to reject my application..
any views guys..

Hey guys,
There was nothing new or helpful in the Infopass appointment, all I was told was that, i have to reapply for everything like i did last time and eall the documents that I got as an application for AOS will be void and I have to startover with the 1010 fee, medical and biomatrics. He just told me that he wont be looking at my file back. And all i have to do is wait till my number is current and apply with the same procedure I did earlier and about the question for the financial. he told me that what ever is asked in the USCIS website is needed and he added that the website doesnt ask for the financial document so I dont need any and even if he ask for I can get it later and that wont be the reason to reject my application..
any views guys..

Hi Summet,
that's great!!! It's gonna cost you extra money, but it's good investment:D.
Get ready everything and wait till your number will be current.
Good luck!

yeah new one,
money is not a factor now, the amount of money I can save in school fees and other stuff is going to be a lot compared tot hat 1010 that i will pay again. but this time i am gonna be very careful. I have made it clear to my lawyer as well that she better go to infopass and talk to the supervisor about the case and make my case go step wise rather than jumping too and fro. but you know that thing i was surprised about was that even the people in infopass didnt knew that the numbers for july has already been posted so, I am keeping my fingers crossed for this august bulletin when my number will be current. BUt I am thinking of applying between june 15-20 if my number becomes current on august. I hope then everything else will go smooth..
any suggestoins... do's and dont's..

Summet,
ya that is something u nid to start again. I knw dats a lil bit of headache stuffs. But at least u got sth to move forward. And the investment will worth for sure!! And can u update ur signature so dat somebody can help u more with your case.
And about the medical i guess u can go to da place where u had ur last medical n ask for them the report if they got something in there backup.
Best of luck!!

Hi Summet,

What else you want? Just being able to refile alone is great news.
As for the AOS payment you made it was nonrefundable, you can
get it back from your lawyer. You don't have to send your financial
documents but at the interview they have a right to ask.

Since some forms and filing addresses were updated make sure
use the latest versions.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=dd346d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

If you can go back to your country, call KCC and ask them if you can
switch to CP and how long it would take. It might be something to think
about. Use your time wisely...

Hey guys,
any views guys..

Hi Everybody,

Today is our LUCKY DAY!!!

Wow we got our 3 NEW GREEN CARDS !!!!!

The feeling is fantastic. I got a call while at work from my husband and just could not continue working was sooooo soooooo excited had to leave early and come home to see and feel the card.

Its sleek. With a wide barcode behind the card. It comes with an envelope to protect and prevent wireless communication with it.

The card has your full name, photo, your signature, USCIS #, Category, Country of Birth, Date of Birth, Sex, Card Expiration date, Resident since date and your finger print impression. The barcode behind the card shows your photo, full name, DOB, Card MSC #, and A #.

The background colour of the card is white with a pastel green colour. The card also has a pastle blue and purple colour with a picture of the Statue of Liberty and a golden Eagle.

Yes the card looks very SLEEK. Its worth the additional waiting days we had to undergo am sure each one of you waiting will agree with me once you get your card.

I wish everyone on this forum who are in the different stages of your DV process all the VERY BEST OF LUCK !!!! Each one of us striving to make a better life out here deserves this.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Congratulations FORME2010!!!
That's amazing!!!
I can imagine how good feeling is have it in your hands.
Especially because we with higher numbers wait for it so long.
You'll be remembered as the first person on this forum that got brand new green cards:D.
Good luck and enjoy in your new status.

Hi 2010FORME,

Congratulations for being the first on the forum to get redesigned green cards.
I was expecting some good news anytime. I have been following
a forum somewhere else formed by some people who were upset
due to not getting their cards after their interviews. For about 10 days
ago they started receiving their cards...

Anyways, I hope the cards you received help you out in your lives as a family.
Do not forget your culture, tradition, pass it on to your kids. Raise them as good human beings.
It is a though job in this society. You and your family have my best wishes and prayers...

Hi Everybody,

Today is our LUCKY DAY!!!

Wow we got our 3 NEW GREEN CARDS !!!!!

The feeling is fantastic. I got a call while at work from my husband and just could not continue working was sooooo soooooo excited had to leave early and come home to see and feel the card.

Its sleek. With a wide barcode behind the card. It comes with an envelope to protect and prevent wireless communication with it.

The card has your full name, photo, your signature, USCIS #, Category, Country of Birth, Date of Birth, Sex, Card Expiration date, Resident since date and your finger print impression. The barcode behind the card shows your photo, full name, DOB, Card MSC #, and A #.

The background colour of the card is white with a pastel green colour. The card also has a pastle blue and purple colour with a picture of the Statue of Liberty and a golden Eagle.

Yes the card looks very SLEEK. Its worth the additional waiting days we had to undergo am sure each one of you waiting will agree with me once you get your card.

I wish everyone on this forum who are in the different stages of your DV process all the VERY BEST OF LUCK !!!! Each one of us striving to make a better life out here deserves this.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hi everyone, I was reading previous threads and old AOS forums about translation requirements but they were not crystal clear on the issue whether we can translate our own documents. I read on the USCIS page and as far as i understand, we can do it by ourselves as long as we certify it by this format :Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature______________________________

Date Typed Name
Address

is that correct ??

hi capeolive,
I did liked your idea however , i cannot go for CP again coz at frst my visa has expired and and I dont want to be taking any trouble. on top of that the document requirement and stuffs are different so, i will stick with this AOS stuff and this time i warned my lawyer to better be prepared so i guess she will act lot better and at the same time I wont let her mess up anything..just the thing i am waiting on is to look at the visa bulletin thats gonna publish on june 10 and if my number becomes current for the month of august then, I will just go ahead and fill all those forms and send it by june 15-20 and hope fully that will put me back to the track..
any suggestions and things to be careful of..
my current info
5/25/09 1st NL (AS259**)
07/1/09 DSP-122, BarCode to KCC
07/1/09 DV fee $375 to DOS
07/10/09 Rcpt of $375
01/04/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago
01/19/10 receipt for I485, travel and WORK permit
02/13/10 biometric done
03/07/10 travel document approved
03/14/10 EAD card
04/21/10 decline for AOS because of the reason that the filing for AOS was too early.

Hi umuteren,

Welcome to the forum. Are you a winner of 2010 or 2011?
Can you add your signature from settings? Thanks.

As for translations, yes that's right, as long as you'll use them
for AOS in US, for CP they have special requirements.
Also you should get the translations notarized and signed
by the translator. Anybody, who is capable, can do the translations.
What you got is the right format. Good luck. Don't forget to add
your signature...

Hi everyone, I was reading previous threads and old AOS forums about translation requirements but they were not crystal clear on the issue whether we can translate our own documents. I read on the USCIS page and as far as i understand, we can do it by ourselves as long as we certify it by this format :Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature______________________________

Date Typed Name
Address

is that correct ??

Hi Summet,

Prepare everything and send your DV package the day you
see your number will be current in August. Don't lose 5-10
days for nothing...

hi capeolive,
I did liked your idea however , i cannot go for CP again coz at frst my visa has expired and and I dont want to be taking any trouble. on top of that the document requirement and stuffs are different so, i will stick with this AOS stuff and this time i warned my lawyer to better be prepared so i guess she will act lot better and at the same time I wont let her mess up anything..just the thing i am waiting on is to look at the visa bulletin thats gonna publish on june 10 and if my number becomes current for the month of august then, I will just go ahead and fill all those forms and send it by june 15-20 and hope fully that will put me back to the track..
any suggestions and things to be careful of..
my current info
5/25/09 1st NL (AS259**)
07/1/09 DSP-122, BarCode to KCC
07/1/09 DV fee $375 to DOS
07/10/09 Rcpt of $375
01/04/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago
01/19/10 receipt for I485, travel and WORK permit
02/13/10 biometric done
03/07/10 travel document approved
03/14/10 EAD card
04/21/10 decline for AOS because of the reason that the filing for AOS was too early.