• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi i2009,

I thank you also for your encouraging words.
Yes, I know Philadelphia Field Office can schedule
an interview since my number is current as of April.

As far as I know KCC has electronic files and hard copies of the applicants
and upon request they transfer them to the local offices. (Please, do it already!...)

Hello capeolive,

I understand how you feel. I can relate in part of what had happened with your EB case. My priority date became current for a couple of months but the USCIS did not process it and then the priority dates retrogressed. I guess it is what everyone says, the system is broken.

I second what jasmine182 says, everything will be alright and we are here with you. Hang in there and do anything that is in your hands.

I was thinking that maybe the USCIS may still schedule an interview without the KCC file. There were some cases where the USCIS requested the files after the interview. I hope they don't waste much time.

Best of luck, you'll be alright!

Hi Everyone,

Good news !!! Received our interview appt. letter today. Interview scheduled on 04/28/10. Letter came on the regular white paper. Thanks to this forum I know it is normal not to get one on a proper letter head. We have been asked to bring this letter along with proof of DV receipt and proof of legal entry. Will now start getting all our papers together ready for the interview. Any suggestions on important documents to be carried would be helpful.

Great, you have time to get ready! Get everything you have even more , just to be saved!!! Nobody knows what they're gonna ask you!!!

Congratulations to everyone who received their cards and had successful interviews and other updates on their cases.

I had a few questions and appreciate your opinion about this.

It has been over a week since we had our interview. It went great and we were told to expect receiving our cards pretty soon.
It has been over a week and no sign of any update. No status update on the website, no welcome letter, nothing.
I called their customer "service" number. One woman told me that our cases is still under review. She said Memphis center is looking at cases submitted in September 29,2009 and I submitted in February 2010, so I should wait a long line to find out whether our case is approved or rejected (i freaking hated even the usage of this word).
The officer told us during the interview that everything was fine and we should get our cards soon. He also told us what kind of things we could do with our card (like traveling with no visa). It was all so positive....
And this woman is telling me something different.....
Anyone has any thoughts about this situation?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi ahad,
The time line that woman mentioned should be in general. But the dv case should get immediate consideration. N people in both USCIS n KCC r known to give a huge timeline. I dont know if they want to scare us or what. Keep checking your mailbox everyrthing should be fine.
One more question did the IO told you ath like ur case is approved or u became the permanent resident frm today like they do in some of the members here in this forum?? Did IO took ur i94??

OMG, I can't believe it, but it's true. I got my Welcome Letter today :) :) :) I feel so lucky: no interview and such fast response....wow. I have a feeling the green card will be coming WAYYYYY sooner than I thought ;)
I'm sorry to those who are having a tough case. I don't mean to throw this in your face, instead, please take it as a possibility for you, too. Best of luck to everyone. I'll make sure I pray for each and one of you.

OMG, I can't believe it, but it's true. I got my Welcome Letter today :) :) :) I feel so lucky: no interview and such fast response....wow. I have a feeling the green card will be coming WAYYYYY sooner than I thought ;)
I'm sorry to those who are having a tough case. I don't mean to throw this in your face, instead, please take it as a possibility for you, too. Best of luck to everyone. I'll make sure I pray for each and one of you.

Hey lucky,
I'm sincerely glad for you. Congratulations!

omg!! Its hard to believe sth like this can happen u r so so lucky!!! I wish same thing happen to me n all the rest of the applicants. Congrats!!!!!congrats

can u tell me what's ur field office???

hi ahad,
The time line that woman mentioned should be in general. But the dv case should get immediate consideration. N people in both USCIS n KCC r known to give a huge timeline. I dont know if they want to scare us or what. Keep checking your mailbox everyrthing should be fine.
One more question did the IO told you ath like ur case is approved or u became the permanent resident frm today like they do in some of the members here in this forum?? Did IO took ur i94??

Hello nepal2010. They overall atmosphere during the interview was pretty positive and the IO did say your case is approved and you should get your cards soon. He did take our i94 out of our passports. does it mean anything?

Hey Norkira, congratulations!!! I knew it all along that your case is going to be a special one because you chose a special, outstanding case timeline header in your signature.
I am sorry to ask you this, does your field of study or work require special security clearances to be admitted or hired?

omg!! Its hard to believe sth like this can happen u r so so lucky!!! I wish same thing happen to me n all the rest of the applicants. Congrats!!!!!congrats

can u tell me what's ur field office???

Yes, it was Detroit. I really don't know what caused....I mean I have maintained my legal status at all times, I have always graduated with highest honors (HS, college, university), I have a job and a good employer letter....perhaps those all contributed to that. Nonetheless, I still feel pretty damn lucky.
I really hope my luck spreads among others, too :)

Hey Norkira, congratulations!!! I knew it all along that your case is going to be a special one because you chose a special, outstanding case timeline header in your signature.
I am sorry to ask you this, does your field of study or work require special security clearances to be admitted or hired?

Hello Ahad, first of all, I'm so sorry you're having all these problems with your case. I really wish you the best and hope that the second lady didn't what she was talking about. Keep being positive.
As for my field of study, I've studied for TV Production, so no, not really, I didn't have to do anything special to be hired, other than apply for H1B.

Hi Ahad,

Don't worry you'll get your card soon. It usually takes 10 to 20 days after interview.

I have to say couple of things though: How come a superpower like USA cannot fix her
broken immigration system. DV cases are expedited, even with them they don't have
a unified practice. In practice everything changes from one office to another and from
one io to another. They can just get more money and process everything in 60 days
for instance, give everybody written approval letter at the interview, update the case
status more often. Do everything in the same time frame everywhere, regardless of
the location.

At least give an option to the applicants, get extra money and expedite their cases.

The immigration system is broken alright. At least do fix the Diversity Visa division. Fix it already...

Congratulations to everyone who received their cards and had successful interviews and other updates on their cases.

I had a few questions and appreciate your opinion about this.

It has been over a week since we had our interview. It went great and we were told to expect receiving our cards pretty soon.
It has been over a week and no sign of any update. No status update on the website, no welcome letter, nothing.
I called their customer "service" number. One woman told me that our cases is still under review. She said Memphis center is looking at cases submitted in September 29,2009 and I submitted in February 2010, so I should wait a long line to find out whether our case is approved or rejected (i freaking hated even the usage of this word).
The officer told us during the interview that everything was fine and we should get our cards soon. He also told us what kind of things we could do with our card (like traveling with no visa). It was all so positive....
And this woman is telling me something different.....
Anyone has any thoughts about this situation?

Hi Norkira,

The Immigration System is not that broken after all.
This news made me forget about my own problems.
May be we should all move to Detroit...

What can I say "We told you so!"

Congratulations...

Hi Norkira,

The Immigration System is not that broken after all.
This news made me forgot about my own problems.
May be we should all move to Detroit...

What can I say "We told you so!"

Congratulations...

Thanks capeolive, YES YOU DID :). As I said before, it sounded too good to be true.
A quick update, I just received ANOTHER txt from uscis (at 10:30 PM on FRI) that my card production had been ordered today. I already received the same message on Tuesday...I'm confused!!! Maybe their system IS broken after all :p

Most likely you'll get your cards next week...

By not doing interview government saved money, you are happy. Win-win situation...

I hope they do it more often. It'll also help the economy. No interviews, please...

Thanks capeolive, YES YOU DID :). As I said before, it sounded too good to be true.
A quick update, I just received ANOTHER txt from uscis (at 10:30 PM on FRI) that my card production had been ordered today. I already received the same message on Tuesday...I'm confused!!! Maybe their system IS broken after all :p

Congratulations Norkira.

Yes you are one of the lucky few. Lets us know when you get you GC. Way to go girl !! I hope we see similar cases like yours on this forum.

Hi Everyone.

Thank you all for wishing me all the luck for my interview. I will get my papers together and relax and wait for D day. It sure is a nice feeling knowing you have your date.

I wish everyone the very best and hope everyone acheives their final goal. The GC !!

AOS from f1

Good luck for your interview! I know everything will go well for you.
I'm new to this blog and I'm glad I found it. Here is my case as it stands:
CN: AF00042XXX
05/ 11 2009: Winning Package received
05/12 2009: sent out AOS and DSO I and II
05/14/2009 AOS was delivered in Missouri
05/15 2009 DSOI & II delivered in Williamsburg KY
06/03/2009 Received second letter from Kentucky stating USCIS will handle case
06/05/2009 Received receipt DV receipt fee

I just looked at the Visa bulletin and I saw that my number is current for June.
Can I go ahead and file the form I-485 or I’m supposed to received a notification before I can do that?
Thank you very much!

Woooow! That is grreaat! Congratulations!

Hello new applicants,

May Visa Bulletin is out. I am posting the cut-offs for June...

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JUNE

For June, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified
DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 45,600

Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 19,550

EUROPE 31,000

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4

OCEANIA 1,175

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,300