• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi thomen,

Congratulations on receiving your green cards.
I hope they bring happiness to your family...

What do you think "Are the cards green enough?"

we received our green card's today...this journey is now finally over...thanks to all you guys, to the host of this forum and of course ultimate praise belongs to the lord...

good luck for all the upcoming interviewees, and all other still in the process...

CHEERS!

All the best to you on your interview date middle.com!

I will bring what they asked me and probably a letter from the Human Resources department telling about my payments from the university. I do not have anyone who can write me job offer letters. I am searching and applying for all kinds of jobs already, but haven't got any offers yet and I cannot work without my working restrictions being lifted. I did find a job for summer, but it is also with the University. Maybe I will take that one with me as well.

Thank you)

I think it's better to take at least that job offer you can have from your univesity for summer, it's better than nothing! and USCIS will see that you are really looking for a job!

Last edited by a moderator:
we received our green card's today...this journey is now finally over...thanks to all you guys, to the host of this forum and of course ultimate praise belongs to the lord...

good luck for all the upcoming interviewees, and all other still in the process...

CHEERS!

That's a great news!!! My congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Enjoy your new status!!! Have fun!!!! Good luck!!!

Hello bentlebee,

No, no news, no CPO, no LUD, no welcome letter, etc. I still am waiting. Thanks for asking! I scheduled an InfoPass for April 1st (there were no other days available). I don't think it would help much but I hope they can tell me if my A-File has been requested and in the Local Office. The Officer said that everything looks good and that he will approve our case so I think that this is a matter of my A-File to reach my Local Office. My A-File is/was in Texas Service Center which is very busy, the Officer said that it could take 2 weeks for TSC to send the file, it has been 3 weeks already and no news.

Thanks

Wow, I can imagine how the waiting must be, but as the employee stated, it probable is due to the file not having arrived. Good Luck and keep us posted:)

Hi guys,

This is what I've understood. I found a guy with a GC who liked to sponsor me. He is married and does not have any kids. But the thing is his total income in his W2 for 2009 is about $19,000. Is he ok to be my sponsor or his income should be $22,888 or more?

Congrats bianfid on your successful interview and CPO. Hopefully you should have them in a week to 10 days. Thanks for posting your interview experience.

Hi Guys is anyone here in the Los angeles area office? I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY INTERVIEW LETTER! had my biometrics done on the 22nd of december so ive been waiting 3 months now I know this is abusy office but it would be good to hear from other LA people if there are any.........

Hi antar45,

As far as I know his household size is 2 + you = 3
and that equals $22,888
If your sponsor has other assets they might help as well.
I'll put down an example I found try to understand it.
But I have to tell you this: When I read the form I-134 and instructions
I don't see any detailed explanation. So my advice is if you can not find any
other sponsor get the I-134 from this one read the instructions on the form
you have to add supporting documents like tax return, W-2 or 1099, bank statement,
employment letter, copy of green card etc. But if you can find somebody has
more income it would be better.
Read the example I found somewhere shows how they calculate assets...

"HOW TO CALCULATE ASSETS TO MEET THE REQUIREMENT NECESSARY TO SPONSOR AN IMMIGRANT

The value of assets (minus mortgages, liens, outstanding taxes, total unpaid debt, etc.) must be equal to five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125% of the poverty level for the household in question.
As an example, a US Citizen seeking to sponsor an immigrant earns $19,000 in taxable income. He owns a $100,000 home with a mortgage of $80,000. His bank account has $2,000 in it. The US Immigration officials will probably compute this situation as follows:
First we need to find the number we need to hit which must be equal to five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125 percent of the poverty line for the household size:
17,112.50-14,112.50 = 3,000
3000 x 5 = 15,000
15,000 = the value the US Citizen’s total assets must be in order to be applied toward sponsor's sponsorship of the immigrant.
Home Value: $100,000-$80,000=$20,000
Liquidity in Bank Account: $2,000
$20,000 + $2,000 = $22,000
Total value of assets = $22,000
The US Citizen’s net asset value is $22,000, which is a higher amount than the $15,000 necessary to meet the income requirement."

Hi guys,

This is what I've understood. I found a guy with a GC who liked to sponsor me. He is married and does not have any kids. But the thing is his total income in his W2 for 2009 is about $19,000. Is he ok to be my sponsor or his income should be $22,888 or more?

Hi steve2010,

As far as I remember happy2010 was from Lax, CA
He was current in October
got his NOA on 10/28/2009
(After 20 Days )
did his Biometrics on 11/18/2009
(After 75 Days)
had his interview on 2/2/2010
(Between NOA and Interview Total = 95 Days)

Everybody's case can be somehow different but this might give you an idea.
You can also go to DV 2009 AOS Only Forum to have an idea.

If you don't mind would you post your signature.

At this point instead of not doing anything I would advice you to
schedule an InfoPass and try to talk to a supervisor.

Hi Guys is anyone here in the Los angeles area office? I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY INTERVIEW LETTER! had my biometrics done on the 22nd of december so ive been waiting 3 months now I know this is abusy office but it would be good to hear from other LA people if there are any.........

Hi middle.com,

You have my best wishes for tomorrow.
I hope you get a good IO and smooth interview.
Don't forget to leave home early...

Hi i2009, My marriage certificate was taken from the Vital Records, it had the stamp and everything, so yes, it is certified. We got married in US so no need to translate it. The document came from the local office...I take it it's a good sing? It even had an IO number...hopefully someone's reviewing my case and getting things ready for the interview. The paper said "if you want to include the spouse, send the marriage certification with this letter back, if not, explain why not and sing it both you and your spouse." I didn't send a letter of explanation at all, I just attached the marriage certificate and the letter they send me. I thought of saying something like "Per your request, here's another copy of our marriage certificate", but I didn't want to piss anyone off, LOL....sending what they asked answers the question whether I want the spouse in or not. Anyways, let's see what's next...

Hello Norkira,

I think it is a good sign that the letter came from the Local Office. You should be receiving your interview letter soon. They might have lost your marriage certificate when assembling your file or maybe they did not see it. Weird things happen at USCIS.

Best of luck!

Hi i2009,

The reason I closed my EB AOS case was mainly due to
timing. Since my number is rather high and I have to do
a follow-to-join application to bring my family here,
time is money for me, much more than money..

I learned that sometimes when they request
the pending files from service centers it takes forever.
Sometimes they can not locate the files or in rare situations
they even get lost. Sometimes it simply takes too long
to transfer the files.

May be they get too attached to the files
and don't want to let go. Like: when going
on a vacation you give your young kid
to your relative to look after for couple of weeks
and when you come back from vacation she
doesn't want to give your kid back...

I know very well it is hard to wait but
you had a successful interview hopefully
you'll get your card soon.

At one point they will have to let the other file go...

Hello capeolive,

I hope that you get done with the AOS process real soon and reunited with your family.

Regarding my A-file being lost or not located is exactly my biggest fear. I know that it has happened on many occasions. Now, it is my understanding that the A-File is unique by A Number and that always needs to be on the officer's desk before the officer could make a decision on a case (it doesn't matter if it contains current, denied, canceled, etc cases)

This is from a USCIS document (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...el=c54f0ccc1793f010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD):
"The A-File is the record that contains copies of information regarding all transactions involving an individual as he/she passes through the U.S. immigration and inspection process."

I did hear that some immigration supervisors suggest that we need to withdraw the previous an current process. It actually happened to me when I took an InfoPass before filing my application. The attorney handling my EB case suggested that I should not withdraw my EB case so I did not do it.

Good luck!

I have a question about my pending EB case. Since it's EB-3 I never got to the point to submitting I-485 because my date is still not current. Based on i2009's experience I'm worried that this will slow down my DV case too. Should I cancel the EB case? Is there still enough time to do so? My interview is in a week and a half.

Hello gdh,

You did not file for AOS under EB so there is nothing to cancel. Besides, you should not have an A-File so there is not file to be transferred from one Service Center to the Local Office.

Even if you had filed for a EB AOS, many people have filed for DV based AOS while having another AOS process waiting for a priority date and their processes had not had any issues. My case might be an exception.

Good luck, you will be OK