• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi bianfid,

I am very happy to hear you had such a good interview experience.
Congratulations on your successful interview.
I hope you get your actual card soon...

Hey guys!!!
I HAD AN AMAZING INTERVIEW!!
1st of all, i'd like to thank all those who supported me thru this entire process.

I went pretty early as some of you advised it to me. I went with my gf. we got there 2 hrs before the interview time but we got in the building at 9:00. I was scheduled for 10 am. The officer opened a door and called my name while my gf was in the restroom. I told him she asked me to keep her handbag till she gets back and that I couldn't just leave it on the seat . He kinda joked about it by saying his wife makes him do the same thing very often.
She finally got out of the restroom, got her handbag back and wished me good luck. The officer was very nice tho. Once in his office, I took the oath and sat down. He asked me if I got a work authorization. That was the question I didn't want him to ask because I have worked off campus and that's a violation. Then he continued, do you have a job? I said no. The only docs he asked were the originals of my BC and my state ID and passport. He made some comments about my grades at school, asked me formal questions about terrorism, drug, etc...
He finally told me everything looks fine, that I'll approve me. He told me congratulations and I will receive my GC within 10 days. He said he won't take my I-94 but as soon as I receive my gc I should mail the I-94 to them. He also recommended me to go online and sign for the selective services so that I can be able to apply for citizenship in 5 years.
At the end of the interview he handed me a small piece of paper that was a survey on the quality of the services I received at the USCIS. we shook hands and I left.
That was the experience I had today ;);)

Hey guys!!!
1st of all, i'd like to thank all those who supported me thru this entire process.

I went pretty early as some of you advised it to me. I went with my gf. we got there 2 hrs before the interview time but we got in the building at 9:00. I was scheduled for 10 am. The officer opened a door and called my name while my gf was in the restroom. I told him she asked me to keep her handbag till she gets back and that I couldn't just leave it on the seat . He kinda joked about it by saying his wife makes him do the same thing very often.
She finally got out of the restroom, got her handbag back and wished me good luck. The officer was very nice tho. Once in his office, I took the oath and sat down. He asked me if I got a work authorization. That was the question I didn't want him to ask because I have worked off campus and that's a violation. Then he continued, do you have a job? I said no. The only docs he asked were the originals of my BC and my state ID and passport. He made some comments about my grades at school, asked me formal questions about terrorism, drug, etc...
He finally told me everything looks fine, that I'll approve me. He told me congratulations and I will receive my GC within 10 days. He said he won't take my I-94 but as soon as I receive my gc I should mail the I-94 to them. He also recommended me to go online and sign for the selective services so that I can be able to apply for citizenship in 5 years.
At the end of the interview he handed me a small piece of paper that was a survey on the quality of the services I received at the USCIS. we shook hands and I left.

Congratulations bianfid! Very nice interview. I am very happy for you and the rest of the guys getting approved right away. Did you check if your case status has changed already?

I did not understand that comment about the selective services, I understand that everyone can apply for citizenship after 5 years (3 years for marriage based applications).

Congratulations!

Hi fellow Philadelphian,

I did not know either that you have to sign for selective services to be able to become a citizen in 5 years.
I heard that to get student loans and some other loans you have to choose selective services.
But by signing for selective services you might one day end up in Afghanistan or some other place.
I am putting down a link for Selective Service System. But I would advice anybody to read the fine
print well and make sure what you are signing for...

By the way what happened to your Case at TSC? They don't want to give it away?

http://www.sss.gov/

Congratulations bianfid! Very nice interview. I am very happy for you and the rest of the guys getting approved right away. Did you check if your case status has changed already?

I did not understand that comment about the selective services, I understand that everyone can apply for citizenship after 5 years (3 years for marriage based applications).

Congratulations!

Hey guys!!!

That was really good interview!!!! My congratulations!!! Your IO was really nice to you!!! It's really surprise that he didn' tell that you need to wait 30 day to recieve your GC!
Good luck! Now just wait for your GC in your mail!!!

Hi fellow Philadelphian,

I did not know either that you have to sign for selective services to be able to become a citizen in 5 years.
I heard that to get student loans and some other loans you have to choose selective services.
But by signing for selective services you might one day end up in Afghanistan or some other place.
I am putting down a link for Selective Service System. But I would advice anybody to read the fine
print well and make sure what you are signing for...

By the way what happened to your Case at TSC? They don't want to give it away?

http://www.sss.gov/

Hello capeolive,

I think that it is mandatory for all male citizens or residents who are 18 to 25 but as you said, everyone should read the fine print well.

I have no news regarding my case, not even a LUD. Thanks for asking. The wait is driving me nuts considering that I have been waiting for a Green Card for 5+ years already. What about you, any news?

Best of luck!

Hey middle.com,

I hope that everything goes well with your interview this Monday. Keep us posted when you get the chance.

Good luck!

Hi i2009,

May be you should schedule an InfoPass. May be it won't help but there is a possibility
that it might trigger some action...

As for my case at TSC that I had been waiting for 6 years; I should give them this that
they accepted my request to withdraw my case right away. So my EB case is closed.
For my DV case I went for biometrics on March 10 and waiting for interview appointment letter...

Hello capeolive,

I think that it is mandatory for all male citizens or residents who are 18 to 25 but as you said, everyone should read the fine print well.

I have no news regarding my case, not even a LUD. Thanks for asking. The wait is driving me nuts considering that I have been waiting for a Green Card for 5+ years already. What about you, any news?

Best of luck!

Hey middle.com,

I hope that everything goes well with your interview this Monday. Keep us posted when you get the chance.

Good luck!

Hi i2009!

I can' wait). I hope everything will be good) We'll see)

I can imagine your wait. I hope you'll recieve good news soon!!! Can it be (I mean your wait) because of your application for employement based GC??? Did you call somewhere to find out anything about your case?

Congrats bianfid...that is so wonderful to hear.

Ok, so I got an interesting letter from USCIS today, and no, it was not the interview letter; instead, they're asking me to send a marriage certificate copy back to them within 30 days if I want to include my spouse as a derivative beneficiary. I already sent a certified marriage certificate with the I-485 application...so this is really strange, but I guess I better do as they ask - PRONTO. : /

Ok, so I got an interesting letter from USCIS today, and no, it was not the interview letter; instead, they're asking me to send a marriage certificate copy back to them within 30 days if I want to include my spouse as a derivative beneficiary. I already sent a certified marriage certificate with the I-485 application...so this is really strange, but I guess I better do as they ask - PRONTO. : /

Yes I have got 2 updates:
Form I-485 On March 19, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.
Form I-765 Post-Decision Activity

On March 16, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.

I won't need the EAD anymore..
Good luck to the ones in process ! Yall will get this GC

Form I-485 On March 19, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

On March 16, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.

Congratulations Bianfid!!!!!!!! Wooooooow that are greeeeeat news......first your interview now card ordered.......
Enjoy in your new status and new life.........good luck! All the best.

Hi Norkira,

I take it you already filed I-485 etc. for your husband as derivative.
For their request no matter how strange it is send it right away
with a letter explaining the situation. Do it immediately not to
cause any delay in your case. USCIS sometimes works in mysterious ways...

bianfid,

You won't even have time to enjoy your EAD. That's not fair...
Congratulations again...

I think it's better to send what they asked for. You know, they don't check the all documents but ask for something more!

Wow, your bad interview has been rewarded!!! Good news!!! Check your mail next week, hopefully GK will be there) Good luck!!!

Today, after the interview I went home, and guess what i found in my mailbox; my EAD. I feel kinda bad because I was waiting for that card a long time ago. Anyway it's all good, the biggest card is on its way!!!

Congratulations. I am happy to hear such good news.
Enjoy your new status.
Hey guys!!!

Great job Bianfid... you deserved that.... and thank's for sharing
Hey guys!!!

Hello Norkira,

During my interview the Officer requested many of the already submitted photocopies, fortunately I took extra photocopies! Said that, send the certified marriage certificate asap.

Two questions: 1) Is your marriage certificate certified? is the certification translated? 2) Do you need to mail this document to the National Benefit Center or to your Local Office?

Good luck!