• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thanks cm1979 and Tk2010 and the rest for the congratulations and good wishes. I hope that soon we all be done with our cases, maybe we all can meet in another thread 5 years from now for the naturalization application...what about that? LOL

haha..i bet we will : )

Hi Yaku
We didn't hear from you
Hope every thing is good in your interveiw
if you have time would you mind share with us your interview.
Thanks

Yesssss!!! I received my interview letter for 3/19/2010. The list of docs they asked is long. I already submitted my translated birth certificate, why did they ask for that again? the original is not translated tho. There is a lot of stuff i don't have. Should i be worried?

Yaku, when you have a chance let us know how was your interview. I hope that everything went smoothly.

Congratulations bianfid, not relax and get all your documents ready.

Good luck to everyone!

PS: I meant "now relax...".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesssss!!! I received my interview letter for 3/19/2010. The list of docs they asked is long. I already submitted my translated birth certificate, why did they ask for that again? the original is not translated tho. There is a lot of stuff i don't have. Should i be worried?

Congrats. Don't worry, they ask for them anyway, so make sure you have everything. What have they asked that you don't have?

Dear guys,
I will be sending my documents tomorrow, my number becomes current in March 1. Here are my documents I'm sending, any comments are welcome

Dear Sir or Madam,

For my application of adjustment of status, I am enclosing the following supportive documents:

0. Cover letter
1. Completed and signed form I-485 and 2 identical color photographs (2’’x 2”)
2. Criminal record check and its translation
3. Birth certificate and its translation
4. Copy of pages of passport with nonimmigrant visa
5. Completed and signed I-693 (Medical examination for Alien seeking AOS) in sealed envelope
6. Completed and signed G-325A
7. Diversity Visa barcode, winning letter, DS 122 acknowledgement letter, DOS DV Fee Payment Receipt
8. I-485 and biometrics fee payment (A personal check of $1010)
9. Completed and signed form I-765 with 2 identical color photographs (2”x 2”)
10. Completed and signed I-131 with a cover letter, 2 identical color photographs (2”x 2”), passport identity, renewal pages and pages with I-94 and F-1 visa, DV Visa adjustment of status payment receipt
11. I-94 and I-20
12. A letter from school (University of …………) that mentions I’m currently enrolled in a PhD program, I’m in good standing and I’m employed as a teaching assistant
13. Last 12 pay checks
14. High school diploma and its translation
15. A copy of Social Security Number Card

My interview appointment letter only required the passports, birth certificates, evidence of admission into the USA (I-94s), evidence that my wife and I live together in a husband/wife relationship. It also states that I must provide a copy of any original document I wish returned.

In an attachment it also required that we need to bring valid unexpired passports, all original documents issued by the Service, and evidence that we live in their jurisdiction.

Even though most of those documents were submitted with my AOS package, I prepared more copies and the Officer did require them. My advice is bring all that you can to the interview and show it only if the Officer asks for them.

Best of luck!

Hey folks,

I am posting a copy of my cover letter.
It might be helpful for the future applicants.
Some of the items like 4-7, 26 and 29 are
special to my individual case. Everybody's case differ
somehow. Any corrections are welcome...

Monday, February 8, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: AOS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5520

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname - Diversity Visa (DV) 2010 Selectee with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX under Section 245(i) - AXXX XXX XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following (list is 2 pages):
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. ?(Supplement A to form I-485 - Adjustment of Status under Section 245(i).)
5. ?(Personal check of $1,000 for Supplement A to form I-485 - USCIS Penalty Fee when filing under Section 245(i).)
6. ?(Evidence of Eligibility to file under section 245(i) - Application for a Labor Certification filed on or before April 30, 2001.)
7. ?(Evidence of Physical Presence in the US Before December 21, 2000 - As required under Section 245(i) - 5 pages.)
8. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
9. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
10. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
11. Two identical color Photographs.
12. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
13. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
14. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
15. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
16. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
17. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
18. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
19. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
20. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
21. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
22. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
23. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
24. Copy of PA Driver's License.
25. Copy of Social Security Card.

(Continued on Page 2)
26. Immigration History Details
26.1. Copy of Letter of Request for Withdrawal of Employment Based I-485 - SRC-XX-XXX-XXXXX.
26.2. Copy of Notice of Action for withdrawn I-485 (Employment Based 3rd) - SRC-XX-XXX-XXXXX.
26.3. Copy of Notice of Action for closed I-824 (Employment Based 3rd) - SRC-XX-XXX-XXXXX.
26.4. Copy of Notice of Action for approved I-130 (Family Base 4th) - LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX - No further action was taken.
26.5. Copy of Notice of Action for approved I-140 (Employment Base 3rd) - SRC-XX-XXX-XXXXX.
26.6. Copy of approved Labor Certification - 3/1/2004.
26.7. Copies of Notice of Actions for approved I-765s - 3 pages.
26.8. Copy of Notice of Action for I-485, EB3rd, EAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX - Case was Closed due to abandonment.
26.9. Copy of Notice of Action for I-140, EB3rd, EAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX - Case was Closed due to abandonment (due to I-140's being denied).
26.10. Copy of approved Labor Certification - 3/5/2001.

27. Financial Details
27.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
27.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
27.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
27.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
27.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
27.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
27.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.
27.8. Copy of Y Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

28. Marriage Details
28.1. Copy of Marriage Certificate with Certified Translation.

29. ?("Follow-to-Join" Details)
29.1. ?(Letter of Request - Having Family Members abroad who will apply for "follow-to-join" at US Embassy in X City, Y Country.)
29.2. ?(Copy of DS-230 for "Spouse" LASTNAME, Firstname.)
29.3. ?(Copy of DS-230 for "Child" LASTNAME, Firstname.)
29.4. ?(Copy of DS-230 for "Child" LASTNAME, Firstname.)

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-2010.
Sincerely yours,

Thank you ICE MAN,

The officer said that it would take 2 weeks and I know they always give the most pessimist time frame so I hope that my file will be mailed soon to my field office. I have one question for you: did they request your employment base file from TSC after or before your interview?

Thank you very much for your all help

Hey I2009,
They requested my EB file (which is my A-file) from the TSC before the interview, it saw it there during the interview.

I just got another "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED" text saying that it was ordered today. That is weird because i received the same text 3 days ago saying it was ordered 2/23/10 !!!
Does anyone know why that happens ??

I just got another "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED" text saying that it was ordered today. That is weird because i received the same text 3 days ago saying it was ordered 2/23/10 !!!

yeah, dont worry abt it. card production was actually 3 days ago. They send another one just incase u neva got the first. u should get the card in a wk or so.

My congratulations!!! Don't worry, just take all documents, be ready for it!!!

Congratulations i2009 and crucian. It is great news that they took your I-94 cards. That is a very positive sign that they have decided to send you the GCs. Just relax now and let the system work. Oh ... do keep praying. May God guide us all. Amen.:)

I am not exactly sure on this one ... but i think the first one implies the issuing of the welcome letter and the second one is for the GC!

Thanks Cooldude for the advice. I just called KCC and in fact during my interview day, the file was not sent by KCC yet. So I think the IO did not have the info from KCC that I am a lottery winner. So she cannot approve it that day. BUT, the KCC told me the file was sent 3 days after my interview. So she have the info now, but my case has not been aprroved yet. Now, it is about a full month for both events... There's no news yet.

Hopefully the Infopass would bring the attention of the IO to check your KCC file and approve you. Hope you hear something good soon. You are signed up for updates from the USCIS website, correct? If so, you could expect CPO anytime soon. All the best.

Hi Jasmine182,

My suggestion would be to rearrange the docs such that the on top of your coverletter is your personal check along with the 2 photos (for form I-485) and then all the forms: I-485, G-325A, I-693, I-765 and I-131. This should be followed by all the supporting documents (Proof of being a winner in DV, paying the DV fees, birth certificate, passport copies, proof of valid status while in US (I-20, I-94, official transcripts from university, letter of enrollment and good current standing), Educational degrees, and Evidence of Financial support.

One observation i did make is that with your I-765 papers you need to attach some more items. Please check the requirements. Make sure everything is there with this form. I did not check the requirements for I-131 but looks like you have put some other stuff with it, which is probably what is needed too. Hopefully someone else can also give some input on this. You can read the instructions to be extra careful that everything is complete the way it should be.

Make sure that the coverletter says you are filing I-485 concurrently with I-765 and I-131. Also put very clearly in the cover letter all the enclosures. All the best.

Hi everyone,

If I miss something in my suggestions please feel free to add your input. At times i am just writing quickly so more than likely i might miss out some items. Thanks. All the best to everyone.

Hi everyone,

If I miss something in my suggestions please feel free to add your input. At times i am just writing quickly so more than likely i might miss out some items. Thanks. All the best to everyone.

and write in big, bold, letters 2010 DV CASE in front of the cover letter