• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

First of all I would like to thank everyone for the good wishes and for all the help. I really appreciate it.

The IO was very professional and nice. He asked lots of questions like when was the first time that we visited USA, what was the purpose of the trip, how many times did we visit USA, when was the last time that we entered the country, when did we get married, what do we do, etc. No question was asked about affidavit of support or wages, I guess it is because I submitted my employment letter. He didn't ask for my HS diploma either.

Overall everything went well but there were two issues:

1) They were not aware that my daughter filed a petition, "fortunately" (thanks to all of you guys) she was with us; the IO told us to wait that he was going to try and find her file. After 5 minutes he returned with my daughter's file and mentioned that it was good that she was with us so another interview appointment was not necessary.

2) My employment-based AOS file was not there, it still is in the TSC (Texas Service Center). The IO said that it would take around 2 weeks for TSC to mail my file and that he needs to compare the two cases before the decision.

He said that everything looks good and that we should be receiving our GCs in 30 days.

That was it, now we have to wait and hope that our files are mailed from TSC soon.

Big thanks to everyone!

Congrats i2009. I'm so glad you were over prepared for all the things they asked for, kudos to you. I'm also glad you took our advice to take your kid with you...who would have thought such scenario would show up. I am positive you will receive your green card in no time. Congrats once again and here's to a fast receiving of the "magical" card :)

Guys,

guess what.....my wife had the interview today and i went with her. Lady on front desk told me that my interview letter for some reason was returned to their office.....( :mad: USPS) so they had my case ready and we both were interviewed. It took 20-25 minutes. We were asked only our IDs. Then officer was reading something and checking in our applications, asked about our current occupation, made sure that it was our signatures in the applications and said ....."I will recommend your case to be approved."
Then he told us that we would get our cards in 30-60days. Btw, he took our I-94s for some reason, is it ok?

Thanks all of you for your help.

[/I]

I think the fact that they took your I-94 cards is a good thing. That means, they will replace it with something better and hopefully you won't need it anymore.
Congrats and worry no more. You're basically done :)

Hi guys,

Thanks for everyone who has wished me luck. I went to my interview about 30 minutes before my appointment time. There was only one other party in the waiting room. The officer took us in around 11:30 a.m. It was close to lunch time, so the meeting went quite quick. It probably lasted about 10 minutes. The officer said everything looked pretty good, so we don't need to spend a lot of time for it. I 1st said the oath and she asked to see my id, passport, i-94, H1B visa. She had questions about my passport and I answered them. She took my I-94 and H-1 visa and my old OPT card. She then went over my application form, asked about my address, birthday, parents' names, last time entering the country, etc., and the "yes" and "no" Have you ever questions. She was missing the page about what organizations that I belonged to, so I gave her another copy to file.

She then said as of Feb. 24, 2010. I am approved as the permanent resident of the USA and congratulations. She then told me that I should receive my card in about 4-6 weeks and not to do an info pass unless I do not hear from them for 120 days. She advised me not to travel until I get the green card. I mentioned to her that my brother is sick and I would like to go to see him outside of the country during summer time. She told me that I should be receiving the card in a few weeks and if there is an emergency, I can schedule an info pass to get a stamp for traveling.

Hope I will get the green card soon, so I can book air ticket before the price goes too high.

Thank you again for everyone's contributions on this forum and make the journey of AOS less stressful, less confusing, and not as lonely.

Thank you for all your good wishes!

Congrats gaugan. That's great news. I hope your brother gets better soon, too.

First of all I would like to thank everyone for the good wishes and for all the help. I really appreciate it.

The IO was very professional and nice. He asked lots of questions like when was the first time that we visited USA, what was the purpose of the trip, how many times did we visit USA, when was the last time that we entered the country, when did we get married, what do we do, etc. No question was asked about affidavit of support or wages, I guess it is because I submitted my employment letter. He didn't ask for my HS diploma either.

He checked that our names, children names, parent's names, date of births, etc were correct. He also checked that we kept status during the whole time.

Then he asked for documents like birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports, I-94s, extensions of H1B and H4s, evidence that my wife and I live in the same address (tax return, property taxes, home's deed, bank statements, etc). Most of these documents were already submitted in the AOS package.

The officer was glad that we got all the documentation and that we were very organized. He seemed surprised that we did know about the whole process even though no attorney represented us in this case (thanks to this forum).

1) They were not aware that my daughter filed a petition, "fortunately" (thanks to all of you guys) she was with us; the IO told us to wait that he was going to try and find her file. After 5 minutes he returned with my daughter's file and mentioned that it was good that she was with us so another interview appointment was not necessary.

2) My employment-based AOS file was not there, it still is in the TSC (Texas Service Center). The IO said that it would take around 2 weeks for TSC to mail my file and that he needs to compare the two cases before the decision.

He said that everything looks good and that we should be receiving our GCs in 30 days.

That was it, now we have to wait and hope that our files are mailed from TSC soon.

Big thanks to everyone!

I2009 glad everything well !!!
Don't worry when the IO requested my file from the TSC it took about one week for it to get to the local office.

It is almost over.....you did your part

Thank you i2009,

Congratulations on your interview.
I will also be interviewed in Philadelphia.
I had a pending EB3 case in TSC as well
the same day I made DV application
I sent a letter of request for withdrawal to TSC
I hope they close that case before my interview.
Timing is very important for me because after I hopefully
get my card I have to apply overseas to bring my family here.
Congratulations again. TSC has way too many files they will be glad
to send away one...

Welcome to the forum capeolive.

Good luck in your application!

Hey Guys,

I received my NOAs today.
Also I heard that after cashing the checks we sent finally economy is starting to get better...

Congratulations i2009, dont worry just hope your file will be requested soon from
TSC and you will be soon approved. relax now!!

Wow, I'm so happy to read all the good news. Congratulations to everyone who had successful interview! I had success myself too. I successfully completed the biometrics appointment. :D

i2009, did the IO take your I-94 cards?

He checked that our names, children names, parent's names, date of births, etc were correct. He also checked that we kept status during the whole time.

Then he asked for documents like birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports, I-94s, extensions of H1B and H4s, evidence that my wife and I live in the same address (tax return, property taxes, home's deed, bank statements, etc). Most of these documents were already submitted in the AOS package.

The officer was glad that we got all the documentation and that we were very organized. He seemed surprised that we did know about the whole process even though no attorney represented us in this case (thanks to this forum).

Big thanks to everyone!

My congratulations!!! Finally you did it!!! I think everything now is behind, you eed just to wait for your file from Taxes. I'm so glad for you! And thank you for all your help you give to all people here!!!
So, now just wait a little bit and green card in your pocket!!! Good luck!!!

Wow, I'm so happy to read all the good news. Congratulations to everyone who had successful interview! I had success myself too. I successfully completed the biometrics appointment. :D

Congratulations! Now it's time for the interview!!! good luck!

Hi drake,

The file you saw with the IO was the file you submitted to the Chicago office. The file at the KCC is different ... it has the info you sent to the KCC like form DSPxxx. It also has your payment info for the DV fees and other things. So that is why i suggested to call and check with KCC when did they send the file. This way you know for sure and the next time when you go you try to get to talk to the IO dealing with your case ... although i hope you hear good news before having to do that. If, and I hope that doesn't happen, the next trip is not pleasant at the field office then maybe you can check with the senators office. All the best.

Thanks Cooldude for the advice. I just called KCC and in fact during my interview day, the file was not sent by KCC yet. So I think the IO did not have the info from KCC that I am a lottery winner. So she cannot approve it that day. BUT, the KCC told me the file was sent 3 days after my interview. So she have the info now, but my case has not been aprroved yet. Now, it is about a full month for both events... There's no news yet. The INfopass did not help at all. Somemore the office is 2 hours away from my apartment....
I can just wait........i have the feeling... it's like your son went to sail on the sea and do not know when he will come back. you are like waiting at the pier everyday to see if there's any ship approaching....the wait has become my daily routine

Well, it looks like things went well. I don't think you should have anything to worry, I'm sure your other file will get there sooner than 2 weeks. I remember the IO in our case told us the file from KCC will take 2 weeks or so but it took a few days. I'm sure you'll get a status update soon. Congratulations!

Thanks Daima, your comment makes me feel a little better. I have to relax and wait.

Congrats i2009. I'm so glad you were over prepared for all the things they asked for, kudos to you. I'm also glad you took our advice to take your kid with you...who would have thought such scenario would show up. I am positive you will receive your green card in no time. Congrats once again and here's to a fast receiving of the "magical" card :)

Thanks Norkira,

I hope that you get your NOAs real soon. Best of luck to you!

I2009 glad everything well !!!
Don't worry when the IO requested my file from the TSC it took about one week for it to get to the local office.

It is almost over.....you did your part

Thank you ICE MAN,

The officer said that it would take 2 weeks and I know they always give the most pessimist time frame so I hope that my file will be mailed soon to my field office. I have one question for you: did they request your employment base file from TSC after or before your interview?

Thank you very much for your all help

Thank you i2009,

Congratulations on your interview.
I will also be interviewed in Philadelphia.
I had a pending EB3 case in TSC as well
the same day I made DV application
I sent a letter of request for withdrawal to TSC
I hope they close that case before my interview.
Timing is very important for me because after I hopefully
get my card I have to apply overseas to bring my family here.
Congratulations again. TSC has way too many files they will be glad
to send away one...

Good luck with your case capeolive. I am pretty sure that you will get your GC soon enough to get your family appointment in the Consulate. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Thank you gdh, yes, the officer took our I-94 cards. He said that everything looked good and that we should receive the GC in 30 to 60 days.

My congratulations!!! Finally you did it!!! I think everything now is behind, you eed just to wait for your file from Taxes. I'm so glad for you! And thank you for all your help you give to all people here!!!
So, now just wait a little bit and green card in your pocket!!! Good luck!!!

Thank you middle.com, I received so much help from everyone here so I am glad that I can give back to the forum.

Thanks Cooldude for the advice. I just called KCC and in fact during my interview day, the file was not sent by KCC yet. So I think the IO did not have the info from KCC that I am a lottery winner. So she cannot approve it that day. BUT, the KCC told me the file was sent 3 days after my interview. So she have the info now, but my case has not been aprroved yet. Now, it is about a full month for both events... There's no news yet. The INfopass did not help at all. Somemore the office is 2 hours away from my apartment....
I can just wait........i have the feeling... it's like your son went to sail on the sea and do not know when he will come back. you are like waiting at the pier everyday to see if there's any ship approaching....the wait has become my daily routine

That's great news Drake, you will be getting news soon. I hear you, the wait and expectation is a daily routine now. Good luck!

Thanks cm1979 and Tk2010 and the rest for the congratulations and good wishes. I hope that soon we all be done with our cases, maybe we all can meet in another thread 5 years from now for the naturalization application...what about that? LOL