• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi i2009,

I checked in to a hotel in King of Prussia right now with my wife and kids. I hope everything goes well tomorrow, whatever happens in interview I will post it on Wednesday.

Best of luck to you and your family. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

This morning I went to inquire about my case during the infopass appointment in the field office in Des Moines.

Hello drake,

So sorry to hear about your bad experience. InfoPasses are tough and usually you come back with more doubts than answers. I too hope that the IO resumes working with your case and that you get your GC real soon. Can you please share your case timeline with us?

Good luck!

Hey I see a lot of people have been receiving good news. Congratulation Betlenbee, cm1979 and others of course for the successful interviews. I am so busy right now with school, taking 6 classes, 18 credits.
Good luck to you i2009 for your interview. I am positive that everything will be fine. If I have forgotten someone, my mistake, good luck to him or her too. I see that everybody who was scheduled for an interview has positive feedbacks so nothing to worry about. As you all know I have an interview for the 15th of March and I am already so excited.

This morning I went to inquire about my case during the infopass appointment in the field office in Des Moines. It was really short. The lady took my A number and then went into the office inside and came out to tell me that final decision has not been made to my case.
At the moment I do not know why it is taking so long for this matter.
I am just sad....

Hi Drake,

Maybe you can call KCC and find out if your case file has been sent to your local office (at the request of the IO) and ask them the date the file was sent. If the file was sent after your interview .... about three weeks is the time frame generally expected. That should give you a better idea. Just be patient and keep praying. All the best.

Had my infopass today. What a waste of time. The Old Lady I talked to didn't even try to help. The answer "I can't help you" was on her face even before I opened my mouth. She checked online status as I did 255 times and all my questions about coming interview for my wife was answered ..."I guess...I suppose....read instruction ...". She even didn't say hello to me. An answering machine would successfully substitute this lady and it would be at least more polite and less misanthropic. ....:mad:

Hi guys!
I need your advice. My employer is gonna try to extend my H2B visa. It expires on the 25th of April 2010. My case is pending now. So, should I do my paper work for my extension?:confused:

Hi guys!
I need your advice. My employer is gonna try to extend my H2B visa. It expires on the 25th of April 2010. My case is pending now. So, should I do my paper work for my extension?:confused:

I personally don't think that's necessary at all, especially since you're so far into the process. Good luck anyways :)

Had my infopass today. What a waste of time. The Old Lady I talked to didn't even try to help. The answer "I can't help you" was on her face even before I opened my mouth. She checked online status as I did 255 times and all my questions about coming interview for my wife was answered ..."I guess...I suppose....read instruction ...". She even didn't say hello to me. An answering machine would successfully substitute this lady and it would be at least more polite and less misanthropic. ....:mad:

I am sorry to hear that. Still, you can keep trying to call the hotline and sometimes people get connected to someone with more knowledge than those hwo are reading just the screen...Also, you can call KCC to find out if your case was requested and call FBI to see if your finger prints are returned...amother option is to call USCIS and ask to put a service request on your case, that might help as well...

Hello drake,

So sorry to hear about your bad experience. InfoPasses are tough and usually you come back with more doubts than answers. I too hope that the IO resumes working with your case and that you get your GC real soon. Can you please share your case timeline with us?

Good luck!

Okay. I had my interview on Jan 25. I strongly believe my file has been sent from KCC to the local office because I saw that the IO had my file open in front of me during that day. She has my I-485 and other documents which I submitted to Chicago lockbox. she reviewed the documents I brought in that day- I20, driver's license, my DV letter and ask a bunch of questions. She also asked me if I had the intention to bring my parents over here. But I answered no because they are old and did not want to change environment. She said my case looks good and I should be receiving my GC in 2-3 weeks. She also mentioned that I can apply for citizenship in 5 years and told me that I can get in the line right after i get my GC. everything sounds nice...But later I asked for stamp in my passport she refused by saying she could not do it as she is not 100% sure she can order a card for me. Then the interview was done...

Now, 4 weeks over. I do not know what reason is holding my application back. I was told final decision was not made yet....But I thought most decision can be made during the end of interview. I had all documents she wanted thouugh. And why she said I should be receiving my GC in 2-3 weeks when final decision is not made. What if final decision is not a good one?? Seriously, everything was smooth until my interview day.. I seriously think that I might not be the most polite during my interview because I did not say a lot of thank you that day or the answer about not bringing my parents over here makes her doubtful??
4 weeks now.... interview went fine...you know what, she even told me she will process my case in that afternoon...but until now....

Okay. I had my interview on Jan 25. I strongly believe my file has been sent from KCC to the local office because I saw that the IO had my file open in front of me during that day.
She has my I-485 and other documents which I submitted to Chicago lockbox.

I understand that it must be very tough on you but I would still just keep on going to them and asking about my case...get them to talk to the IO!!! Put a service request on your case and last resort, go to yours senator's immigration contact person and tell them your case...

Hello Everybody,

Today I went to my interview, with the Philadelphia traffic I was there barely on time. We checked in and I was just sitting an officer called my name which was very strange. "No waiting" Can you believe. Officer looked and acted very professionally and polite but it seemed that he was in a hurry. He quickly started asking questions name, DOB, where was I born, "are these kids yours?" and also those regular questions like ever been involved in drug, terrorism, arrested and all. He asked the original of the waiver approval form (I was once J1 and waived the two year rule) He also asked if I am employed and I gave him my recent pay stub and a letter from my boss dated for yesterday. He told us that everything seems okay and if there is no problem we will receive our cards in 30 days. Woo!!! I was shocked, still trying to put my documents in place he thanked us and it was over. We were in and out in 7-8 minutes.
But wait, it gets better. On my way home, my wife was driving and I checked my e-mails from my phone and boom, I had two e-mails from USCIS one for my case and one for my wife's case saying "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED"

I'd like to thank and appreciate everyone here in this post trying to help others and best of luck to the ones still waiting.

And i2009 I hope your interview in Philly tomorrow will be easy and quick as well.

May 29 AOS payment sent
July 14 received KCC letter of receipt AOS
Aug 03 AOS payment receipt received
Oct 29 I-693 form completed by the Doctor
Nov 10 AOS package ready number become available
Nov 11 AOS package sent by UPS
Nov 12 AOS package received 11/12/2009 9:29 A.M.
Nov 19 Check is cashed
Nov 19 I-485 and I-765 receipt notices received via mail.
Dec 3 Received Appointment date for fingerprint on 12/16/09.
Dec 16 Biometrics Done.
Dec 24 I-765 applications approved, EAD cards received.
Feb 1 Interview letter for Feb 23

Last edited by a moderator:
Card production ordered !!!

Today i got 2 text messages from USCIS notifying us that card production was ordered for my wife and i.
Strangely enough my wife also received a voicemail from the IO who interviewed us letting us know that he received our file from the KCC and he ordered production of the card !!!!!!! I really did not expect a phonecall.

Good luck i2009 on your interview tomorrow. I hope it goes smooth.

Today i got 2 text messages from USCIS notifying us that card production was ordered for my wife and i.
Strangely enough my wife also received a voicemail from the IO who interviewed us letting us know that he received our file from the KCC and he ordered production of the card !!!!!!! I really did not expect a phonecall.

Awesome!!!!!!!! very soon you will have GC on your hands. Am very happy for you.

Hello Everybody,

Today I went to my interview

Congratulations ayataf, I am very happy for you. This is great news! I am sure that you will receive your GC in a week.

I have a question for you, you mentioned about your kids, did they receive interview appointments? If not, did they allow them to get inside? I have a 8yo daughter who did not receive an interview appointment, I talked to an immigration attorney and she says that it is not needed that my daughter goes to the interview.

Congratulations again, you are almost there!!!!!

Okay. I had my interview on Jan 25. I strongly believe my file has been sent from KCC to the local office because I saw that the IO had my file open in front of me during that day. She has my I-485 and other documents which I submitted to Chicago lockbox. she reviewed the documents I brought in that day- I20, driver's license, my DV letter and ask a bunch of questions. She also asked me if I had the intention to bring my parents over here. But I answered no because they are old and did not want to change environment. She said my case looks good and I should be receiving my GC in 2-3 weeks. She also mentioned that I can apply for citizenship in 5 years and told me that I can get in the line right after i get my GC. everything sounds nice...But later I asked for stamp in my passport she refused by saying she could not do it as she is not 100% sure she can order a card for me. Then the interview was done...

Now, 4 weeks over. I do not know what reason is holding my application back. I was told final decision was not made yet....But I thought most decision can be made during the end of interview. I had all documents she wanted thouugh. And why she said I should be receiving my GC in 2-3 weeks when final decision is not made. What if final decision is not a good one?? Seriously, everything was smooth until my interview day.. I seriously think that I might not be the most polite during my interview because I did not say a lot of thank you that day or the answer about not bringing my parents over here makes her doubtful??
4 weeks now.... interview went fine...you know what, she even told me she will process my case in that afternoon...but until now....

Hello Drake,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree with thomen, keep going and try to get to talk to the IO with whom you had your interview. Try to be as polite as possible.

Good luck and keep us posted

This is great ICE MAN, you will get your cards in no time. There were great news today in this thread. Way to go!

Thanks for your good wishes. My interview is on Thursday. I'll share my interview experience as soon as I can. I am getting very nervous right now!

Congratulations!!!