• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Today is the 11th day since my interview. The IO told me that my documents looked fine (my interview experience was posted earlier) and she will process my case in the afternoon of my interview day. She said she will order the GC when a visa is available for me. Until today there's no change in my status on the USCIS webiste and no Welcome Letter yet. I really do not know what is going on..
Other users here had a later interview date and have already gotten the card. I don't know.....I am just so worried right now. Why I always experience something like this... In april last year, my H1B application was sent to the wrong processing center by mistake and returned to me. I was lucky to made it on time for it then. Will I always have a hard time with USCIS????
I have been checking my status online now although I do have the email alert.
After each day, I tell myself, the letter will come tomorrow but it has not....

sigh.....just ranting!!!!

Thanks ICEMAN. That makes me feel a bit better.
When you submitted the documents to Kentucky informing them about your intention to adjust status,
did you send only the DSP-122 form or also the DS-230 form for yourself and your spouse?
We were told that the DS-230 form is only used if you go through the consulate process.
And thanks again for any answer.
we sent them both in just to be on the safe side.

Today is the 11th day since my interview. The IO told me that my documents looked fine (my interview experience was posted earlier) and she will process my case in the afternoon of my interview day. She said she will order the GC when a visa is available for me. Until today there's no change in my status on the USCIS webiste and no Welcome Letter yet. I really do not know what is going on..
Other users here had a later interview date and have already gotten the card. I don't know.....I am just so worried right now. Why I always experience something like this... In april last year, my H1B application was sent to the wrong processing center by mistake and returned to me. I was lucky to made it on time for it then. Will I always have a hard time with USCIS????

sorry for the way u'r case is moving,i know how the waiting situation is especially when you dont know what is going on!
I think you can make an infopass in u'r local office they can give a helpful information.

Ladies and Gentlemen...

I received my Green Card today!!!!!!!! I compare this emotion to the one I felt when I got the NL from KCC last April... Praise the Lord for his favors and mercy!!

I received my Green Card today!!!!!!!! I compare this emotion to the one I felt when I got the NL from KCC last April... Praise be the Lord for his favors and mercy!!

Wow, that is really great! Congratulations one more time! Journey is over for you : )
I haven't received welcome letter yet.. We had the same interview day. Do they send the welcome letter and green card from the local office or the main center? I wonder why i havent got the welcome letter yet...

Drake, i think the times vary a bit from person to person. Today is my 10th day since interview and i havent got the welcome letter as well. I think we shouldnt worry until it has been at least two weeks. I have seen many signatures where it took approximately 2 weeks to receive the welcome letter. I believe/hope both of us will get our letters next week. Hang in there!Although i totally understand your excitement/worry. We are all on the same boat here...

I received my Green Card today!!!!!!!! I compare this emotion to the one I felt when I got the NL from KCC last April... Praise be the Lord for his favors and mercy!!

Congratulations VZLA, this is awesome! it only took 8 days from the interview to receive the Green Card, incredible! Best of luck in your new status and I hope you keep contributing to the forums if you can of course.

Wow, that is really great! Congratulations one more time! Journey is over for you : )
I haven't received welcome letter yet.. We had the same interview day. Do they send the welcome letter and green card from the local office or the main center? I wonder why i havent got the welcome letter yet...

Thanks cm1979, they send both the welcome letter and the GC from NBC. But have you got any notification of status change in your case? any LUD? Hopefully they must be on their way...

Congratulations VZLA, this is awesome! it only took 8 days from the interview to receive the Green Card, incredible! Best of luck in your new status and I hope you keep contributing to the forums if you can of course.

Thank you i2009, that is true my case moved very quickly after the interview. For sure, I'll keep around trying to give a hand to those who need it. All of us can always be of great help or support to others...

Thanks i2009.

I'm an F1 student and I'll finish my studies at my current school in less then 2 months. I know I have 60 days grace period after that and I'd like to ask if there will be any problems if I'll get to the interview during that period. I intend to transfer out, so that I can maintain my F1 viza, but I don't want to transfer right away. Anyone in the same situation?

Also, my passport will expire next month. I already applied for a new passport which I should receive sometime this month. Should I wait and send copies of new passport or can I send copies of old one and take the new one to the interview?
By the way, my CN is EU25xxx, current in April. I'm still thinking if I should send my AOS package this month, or wait till next month at least. What do you think? I don't want to wait till April, but I don't want to risk to have it sent back.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Hi x2010x
i'm in the same situation and my # current in March
my advice to you
1- Don't transfrer to another school
2- Send your package as soon as possible , i sent mine 45 days before it come current and i got the NOA
3- You will recive the NOA after 2 weeks so you will be in the safe side

Hope this help You
Thanks and good luck

My packet was delivered on the same day and my checks were not cashed yet. Do I need to worry?

From USPS: Delivered, January 28, 2010, 2:19 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

I've just checked my account ) DOS cashed my check) I hope it's the beginning)

Thanks i2009.

I'm an F1 student and I'll finish my studies at my current school in less then 2 months. I know I have 60 days grace period after that and I'd like to ask if there will be any problems if I'll get to the interview during that period. I intend to transfer out, so that I can maintain my F1 viza, but I don't want to transfer right away. Anyone in the same situation?

Also, my passport will expire next month. I already applied for a new passport which I should receive sometime this month. Should I wait and send copies of new passport or can I send copies of old one and take the new one to the interview?
By the way, my CN is EU25xxx, current in April. I'm still thinking if I should send my AOS package this month, or wait till next month at least. What do you think? I don't want to wait till April, but I don't want to risk to have it sent back.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Hello x2010x,

I don't know about F1 visas but you will be in legal status from the time that you receive the NOA for your I-485 until the case is approved (or rejected). You will need to bring a valid passport to the interview. I would also bring the past passport(s) because the Officer may be interested in checking your entries to the country and your previous visa stamp.

Your case number will be current in April but there is a provision that says that you can send your case 90 days before it becomes current. I did it and it was accepted but some people, in previous years, claim that their cases were returned for filing early (maybe they filed too early?). So far this year I haven't heard of anybody saying that his or her case was rejected for filing earlier. You can read about that bulletin here

Good luck

My packet was delivered on the same day and my checks were not cashed yet. Do I need to worry?

From USPS: Delivered, January 28, 2010, 2:19 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

welcome back gdh,
I am also waiting for my checks to be cashed and NOA. Never ever in my life I wanted someone to take money from me so badly.
AFAIK you are also applying with your spouse like me. I am just assuming that such cases take slightly more time to review all the docs.

Haha every one is reacting the same..."can't wait for the check's to be cashed"....

If it is taking too long for the check's to be cashed it could be they send the whole package back due to something missing. My friend forgot to check one little tiny box which already was pretty clear on all papers why she fied the papers...but she did have to check that box her self....She did and the check was cashed...so don't worry if that happened. All her papers were already scanned because you could see all papers where stamped on the side, even that paper.

She has her interview this week so hopefully she will be done with the process....:)

Thanks cm1979, they send both the welcome letter and the GC from NBC. But have you got any notification of status change in your case? any LUD? Hopefully they must be on their way...

I checked my status on the USCIS website (check case status). It still shows "acceptance". They never updated that. I am not sure where you look at for the LUD. I also saw that you can sign up for e-mail alerts but i havent done that..Is there a separate place that you guys check these LUD etc?

I checked my status on the USCIS website (check case status). It still shows "acceptance". They never updated that. I am not sure where you look at for the LUD. I also saw that you can sign up for e-mail alerts but i havent done that..Is there a separate place that you guys check these LUD etc?

no, it's the same thing!! I signed up for the e-mail and text msg alert and I finally got my first case update the day after the interview, but if I am not wrong there was a case at the beginning of this DV-2010 that took about 3 weeks to get a response after the interview, so don't worry about it. I know it is easier to say than to do, but the most important thing is that you are Approved!!!